Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I WANT THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS TO SWAP DIVISIONS WITH....

coltsfan_nyc

I'm sitting here bored watching the Eagles/Panthers game on monday night football. It's half time and my mind is just wondering and I was just thinking how cool it would be to see my Colts play in New York, guarenteed every year.

Like I can just hop in my car and root for them live and then be back home by dinner. I want the Miami Dolphins out of the AFC EAST and I want the COLTS in! It makes better sense to me. I mean the Colts and Jets have sort of a rivalry already (superbowl 3 and the more recent blow out this year). heck, we could continue our feud with the Pats and we can continue to spank Buffalo twice a year! It makes perfect sense.

Let Miami, the Texans, Titans and Jaguars figure it out in the South. This makes so much sense to me! Plus if the Colts play both the Jets and Giants in one season, I can just make a 20 minute drive to see my Colts twice! I'm gonna catch a cab to see the commissioner and tell him, LOL!

Divisions won't change because of rivalries. A lot of long standing rivalries are such because of divisional games. The only way I could see some division realignment is if a team moves to L.A., such as Jacksonville

I'm just a dreamer, but I would be the happiest person if that were to happen!

Fact was we didn't have a rivalry with any of those teams when they moved us. We was the whipping boy of the AFC East for a decade or more...Miami and NY have to big a rivalry. We haven't have never had a real rivalry with NY. That was the Baltimore Colts and then we weren't even in the same conference. You have to understand that half of florida is retired northeasterners. I would almost bet a million dollars that NY teams second biggest market is Florida. When the divisions were set it made much more sense for us to start a rivalry with Tennessee and two expansion teams. The divisions are as good as could be expected..it isn't like Dallas is in the East anyways.

IF...and a big IF...Jacksonville went to LA...which I doubt would ever happen...it would make much more sense for them to put them in the NFC West with SF and Seattle and move the Rams to the AFC South. That would make a more logical logistic division and a more intense fan rivalry....plus we wouldn't have to split up the tv market soo much on who we have to watch.

the AFC East? Isn't that where the Colts used to be before the 2000's re-alignment of the divisions?

I would like to see the divisions as if they were really geographically accurate. Put Dallas in the West or the South, Miami in the South, and Pittsburgh in the East. That would be interesting. I'd also love to see the Browns in the NFC, sorta like they were in the original NFL.

I'm sitting here bored watching the Eagles/Panthers game on monday night football. It's half time and my mind is just wondering and I was just thinking how cool it would be to see my Colts play in New York, guarenteed every year.

Like I can just hop in my car and root for them live and then be back home by dinner. I want the Miami Dolphins out of the AFC EAST and I want the COLTS in! It makes better sense to me. I mean the Colts and Jets have sort of a rivalry already (superbowl 3 and the more recent blow out this year). heck, we could continue our feud with the Pats and we can continue to spank Buffalo twice a year! It makes perfect sense.

Let Miami, the Texans, Titans and Jaguars figure it out in the South. This makes so much sense to me! Plus if the Colts play both the Jets and Giants in one season, I can just make a 20 minute drive to see my Colts twice! I'm gonna catch a cab to see the commissioner and tell him, LOL!

I can appreciate your frustration coltsfan_nyc. It really blows being a dislocated fan. Admiring or following a different NFL team from afar. Oh sure, there is Direct TV or Sirius Satellite Radio even itunes & the internet, but it's never the same thing as seeing a game LIVE. Believe me, I get it. And then there's the flack or criticism you constantly take supporting a different NFL team not native to your home state or where you live & work anyway. In my case, it's considered blasphemous if you don't root wholeheartedly for the Green Bay Packers... :sigh:

I almost wish that the AFC South could dump the Jaguars in favor of the Bengals. Andy Dalton & that solid ground game would toughen the Colts up for a necessary Playoffs run IMO. The Jags can go to AFC North for all I care.

Hey, can I add a few items to that list for the NFL Commissioner too? Like stop kissing the offenses backside so much, take a serious look at the roughing the passer penalty nonsense & revise it, & how bout a pass interference call on a WR or TE once in awhile eh? I'm just sayin"...

the AFC East? Isn't that where the Colts used to be before the 2000's re-alignment of the divisions?

I would like to see the divisions as if they were really geographically accurate. Put Dallas in the West or the South, Miami in the South, and Pittsburgh in the East. That would be interesting. I'd also love to see the Browns in the NFC, sorta like they were in the original NFL.

Actually, doing it geographically, Pitt should stay in the North, Miami moves to the South, BAL moves to the East to fill for the Dolphins, and we move to the AFC North to fill in for BAL. In the NFC, Dallas and Carolina switch.

The problem is that it destroys long-standing rivalries.

Actually, doing it geographically, Pitt should stay in the North, Miami moves to the South, BAL moves to the East to fill for the Dolphins, and we move to the AFC North to fill in for BAL. In the NFC, Dallas and Carolina switch.

The problem is that it destroys long-standing rivalries.

Interesting idea...I like it! Regarding old standing rivalries new ones will simply develop over time. Just please make sure that the Dallas Cowboys get put in a division where they become all their division opponents whipping boy will ya. I so despise Dallas to my core. Crush em each and every week. Works for me man. Thanks bavanlan. :thmup:

Here is a crazy idea:

Each year the team that wins there division is put into a division and 2nd place and so on....

So here is what this years divisions would look like based off of last year:

Tier 1:

New England

Houston

Denver

Baltimore

Tier 2:

Pittsburgh

Titans

San Diego

Jets

Tier 3:

Cincy

Jacksonville

Oakland

Miami

Tier 4:

Colts

Kansas City

Cleveland

Buffalo

That way every year teams are competing against the same caliber of teams twice. One at home and one away. I know its a logistical nightmare but hey we are just bringing some ideas to the table right?

Here is a crazy idea:

Each year the team that wins there division is put into a division and 2nd place and so on....

So here is what this years divisions would look like based off of last year:

Tier 1:

New England

Houston

Denver

Baltimore

Tier 2:

Pittsburgh

Titans

San Diego

Jets

Tier 3:

Cincy

Jacksonville

Oakland

Miami

Tier 4:

Colts

Kansas City

Cleveland

Buffalo

That way every year teams are competing against the same caliber of teams twice. One at home and one away. I know its a logistical nightmare but hey we are just bringing some ideas to the table right?

Right. Look at me, I want to realign a whole division just so I can take a 20 minute drive to see my team play, LOL!

As a fan in NYC i have to agree. I got to see waaaay more games when we played the Jets twice a year....and I could even go to a game once a year.

Once we changed to the AFC south, I would go years before seeing a game on TV...Until Peyton Manning came a long, and then we were on TV here in NYC all the time (because of Manning). Another casualty of getting rid of him (besides being a good team).

Now that we have Luck, we've been on TV ONCE and it was the Patriots.

I had to buy the NFL package for $300...

so yea...Irsay...You owe me $300.

As a fan in NYC i have to agree. I got to see waaaay more games when we played the Jets twice a year....and I could even go to a game once a year.

Once we changed to the AFC south, I would go years before seeing a game on TV...Until Peyton Manning came a long, and then we were on TV here in NYC all the time (because of Manning). Another casualty of getting rid of him (besides being a good team).

Now that we have Luck, we've been on TV ONCE and it was the Patriots...

THANK YOOOOOU!!! Just want to add thank goodness for that thursday night game on the NFL network and that Monday night prime time game on ESPN. Other then that, It's my cell phone radio app, smh....