Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fili Moala out for year (merge)

HtownColt

This is another Big Loss for the Colts. Moala has been playing very well.

In our Thursday night game, Mike Mayock commented he thought this was Moala's best season in the NFL and that he had worked very hard to become a 3-4 DL after all his years as a 4-3. Props to Fili for coming so far. Sorry for the injury.

Need to find a way to overcome.

Next. Man. UP!!

This is another Big Loss for the Colts. Moala has been playing very well.

In our Thursday night game, Mike Mayock commented he thought this was Moala's best season in the NFL and that he had worked very hard to become a 3-4 DL after all his years as a 4-3. Props to Fili for coming so far. Sorry for the injury.

Need to find a way to overcome.

Next. Man. UP!!

Yeah, I believe Mayock when he says that.

Since we dont play a 1-gap 3-4, pass rush is not something expected too much out of our 3-4 DE. That is why I feel, with Frathis out there, Rico Mathews (who was another hit-and-miss 1-gap DL in our former 4-3 like Moala) can be a good run stopper. I am intrigued to see that Geathers guy and what his long arms can bring to the table. :)

found this on rotoworld.

Fili Moala - DL - Colts

Colts DT Fili Moala suffered a torn right ACL in Indianapolis' Week 12 win over the Bills, and is done for the season.

Moala went down late Sunday. It's a big blow for the Colts' shaky run defense, though they have a pair of potential replacements in Martin Tevaseu and Josh Chapman. Moala had been battling knee issues all season, and missed three of the Colts' first 11 games. Making $615,000 in the final year of his rookie deal, Moala will be up against it to be ready for camp next summer.

This sucks...Moala was really starting to perform well under this new defensive scheme.

I still say if 3-4 DE Sheldon Richardson is available in the 1st round next year we should get him. Having a good DL will do wonders in making this 3-4 defense great.

Richardson is the guy I been eyeing all year. this guy is a man amongst boys on the Dline even in the SEC.

What sucks is that he could (and probably will) miss the beginning of training camp.

Even if he has a speedy recovery, he'll only be back in the middle of July, which means he'd miss OTA's and workouts on top of being out of shape for the start of training camp.

This is a really bad break for him.

What sucks is that he could (and probably will) miss the beginning of training camp.

Even if he has a speedy recovery, he'll only be back in the middle of July, which means he'd miss OTA's and workouts on top of being out of shape for the start of training camp.

Didn't AP tear his ACL around the end of last season, and made it back in time for this season to start? Pretty sure he hasn't missed a beat...

He is a free agent at the end of the season.I don't see the Colts re-signing him.

Didn't AP tear his ACL around the end of last season, and made it back in time for this season to start? Pretty sure he hasn't missed a beat...

He tore it a few weeks later from now, but he missed all of training camp and preseason. His first game was Week 1.

I said that Moala is/would probably going to miss the majority of training camp. He's not AP, where he could miss and know he'll get his starting spot back. Plus Moala's a free agent.

Plus, AP recovered the fastest way possible and made it back only in week 1. As stated in one of my earlier posts, if Moala recovers like AP, he'll be back by the end of training camp.

He tore it a few weeks later from now, but he missed all of training camp and preseason. His first game was Week 1.

I said that Moala is/would probably going to miss the majority of training camp. He's not AP, where he could miss and know he'll get his starting spot back. Plus Moala's a free agent.

Plus, AP recovered the fastest way possible and made it back only in week 1. As stated in one of my earlier posts, if Moala recovers like AP, he'll be back by the end of training camp.

Hmm, okay. I must of misread your post then. I am reading this from my phone ya know. :P

Why wouldn't we? He's a returning starter, was playing well for us, and won't cost much to re-sign.

I think the fact he wont be ready for a long while will have a lot to do with it. People want to point to Adrian Peterson when talking about ACL injuries, I assure you there a million players who never play the same again to every one that recovers that fast.

On the bright side, we can re-sign him for cheap this offseason.....

I'm not quite as impressed with his game this year, but he has been more effective than years past.

You can say the same about Jerraud Powers too. :)

What is it with the Polian draft picks from 2009? Moala, Powers, Collie - rounds 2 through 4 all on IR

2010 - Ijalana, Nevis - rounds 2 and 3 on IR, who is next, Delone Carter???

You can say the same about Jerraud Powers too. :)

What is it with the Polian draft picks from 2009? Moala, Powers, Collie - rounds 2 through 4 all on IR

2010 - Ijalana, Nevis - rounds 2 and 3 on IR, who is next, Delone Carter???

I don't know if these guys were injury prone in college, but Polian sure did have a knack.

Either that or it's the strength and conditioning coaches. I just don't get how we're consistently so beat up.

I don't know if these guys were injury prone in college, but Polian sure did have a knack.

Either that or it's the strength and conditioning coaches. I just don't get how we're consistently so beat up.

I'd get them away from 56th St. and get them literally chopping wood like the lumberjacks and carrying them. Maybe that will help, LOL :).