Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Football Outsider: Colts playoff pretenders

ColtsBlueFL

In the AFC South Blog, Paul K made a point about the Colts' opponents' records that made me really start thinking about the accuracy of strength of schedule. He pointed out that if the Colts had not beaten their seven opponents, then their overall record would be 38-39 or .494 (instead of 31-46 or .403). That made me think that if the Colts were worse, their opponents would be better on paper but probably not in reality. Point is, I like stats but they are just one part of the story. However, as I alluded to in an earlier post, if I still had to bet on the Colts winning or losing in the first round of the playoffs, I'd have to go with lose, and I have no problem with that because I never truly expected to be seriously thinking we'd be in the playoffs. I'm just going to keep enjoying the ride!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's unlikely we win a game... But Tim Tebow and the Broncos did it... It will be good just to be there

Why? Indy got blasted by a bad Jet team... what are you gonna do?

Chicago... Indy was in that game into the 3rd Q.

Jax... Indy had it in the bag... HAD....

NE.... Indy was right there at halftime... turnovers and drops killed us.

Why can't this YOUNG team get it done? I think this is a very dangerous team going forward.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Haha I was wondering when that comment was gonna be made.  It comes up every single year. And it’s proven false every time. Irsay isn’t cash strapped and would have had zero problem putting anything up into escrow(only a small portion would actually have to come from Irsays pocket if any).    
    • Toledo_logo.gif.bmp  Quinyon Mitchell*, CB, Toledo  Height: 6-0. Weight: 196. 40 Time: 4.33   Forget about sneed  we got this kid right here will save money and lock up a young corner.  If we were Super Bowl contenders I’d say go after sneed .    SouthCarolina_logo.gif.bmp  Xaiver Legette, WR, South Carolina  Height: 6-3. Weight: 227. Projected 40 Time: 4.39   Big strong fast wideout can bully corners and free up Pittman.    Miami_logo.gif.bmp  Kamren Kinchens*, S, Miami  Height: 5-11. Weight: 203. 40 Time: 4.65.   40 time may cause him to slide we have to jump on that pick .The guy is everywhere true ball hawk . If he ran a fast 40 he’s a 1st rounder. Similar to last year Antonio Johnson on the jags he ran like a 4.53 an dropped . I wanted Johnson last year on the colts . Anyhow his production may out weigh his combine .     Theo Johnson, TE, Penn State  Height: 6-6. Weight: 257.  Projected 40 Time: 4.57   The kids a freak Athlete  he didn’t get much action but when he did he delivered . We’d be lucky to snag him in the 4th   Clemson_logo.gif.bmp  Will Shipley*, RB, Clemson  Height: 5-10. Weight: 205. 40 Time: 4.39.   Would be great change of pace guy . In a running back backend of the draft he might get lost in the shuffle if not someone else will be there .        Troy_logo.gif.bmp  Javon Solomon, DE, Troy  Height: 6-1. Weight: 247. 40 Time: 4.72.   He does one thing pass rush . Great on special teams and situational 3rd down working him in to a rotation
    • Was never suggesting we sign either one. Just throwing out info on two former Colts. Cheers!
    • Me too. Think I’m going to dive in a bit more on him 
  • Members