Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsBlueFL

Football Outsider: Colts playoff pretenders

85 posts in this topic

In the AFC South Blog, Paul K made a point about the Colts' opponents' records that made me really start thinking about the accuracy of strength of schedule. He pointed out that if the Colts had not beaten their seven opponents, then their overall record would be 38-39 or .494 (instead of 31-46 or .403). That made me think that if the Colts were worse, their opponents would be better on paper but probably not in reality. Point is, I like stats but they are just one part of the story. However, as I alluded to in an earlier post, if I still had to bet on the Colts winning or losing in the first round of the playoffs, I'd have to go with lose, and I have no problem with that because I never truly expected to be seriously thinking we'd be in the playoffs. I'm just going to keep enjoying the ride!

Hey, I NEVER thought we would beat Green Bay this year either. Maybe by playoff time the Colts are clicking like a well oiled machine.

It's unlikely we win a game... But Tim Tebow and the Broncos did it... It will be good just to be there

Vince Verhei says we are not playoff caliber and destined for a quick and early exit.

http://insider.espn....ianapolis-colts

That is just a hateful article... the writer totally dismisses what Indy has done.

whatever.... he can watch us on wildcard weekend upset someone.

It's unlikely we win a game... But Tim Tebow and the Broncos did it... It will be good just to be there

Why? Indy got blasted by a bad Jet team... what are you gonna do?

Chicago... Indy was in that game into the 3rd Q.

Jax... Indy had it in the bag... HAD....

NE.... Indy was right there at halftime... turnovers and drops killed us.

Why can't this YOUNG team get it done? I think this is a very dangerous team going forward.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Colts select Joe Haeg, OL, North Dakota State
      Haeg is a better prospect than Clark btw
    • The New AFC South
      Here's a visualization of each team's notable additions: * indicates draft pick   Texans Brock Osweiler, QB Lamar Miller, RB *Will Fuller, WR *Nick Martin, OC *Braxton Miller, WR * Tyler Irvin, RB   Jaguars Malik Jackson, DL Prince Amukamara, CB *Jalen Ramsey, CB * Myles Jack, LB * Yannick Ngakoue, DE * Sheldon Day, DL   Titans Demarco Murray, RB  Ben Jones, OC  *Jack Conklin, OT * Derrick Henry, RB *Austin Johnson, DT *Kevin Dodd, DE   Texans got better offensively Jaguars got better defensively  Titans got better on both sides        
    • Colts select Hassan Ridgeway, DL, Texas
      one of the weirdest webs I've seen   http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/7492/
    • Broncos Go For A QB
      Depending on how terrible Sanchez plays, Denver's season might be a lost cause before it begins.   If Sanchez pretty much blows the first 5 games and it's painfully obvious he's holding the team back, throw the kid in. Trial by fire. Give Sanchez a chance, but don't stick with him all year and throw the season if he's going to flat out suck. Who knows? Maybe a change in venue will light a fire under Sanchez.    If that D is anywhere near the level it was last season they might be able to carry any QB and offense all the way again. Regardless of how inept the offensive unit plays.    
    • The unofficial, official UDFA thread
      Danny Anthrop, WR Purdue Sterling Bailey, DE Georgia Devon Bell, P Mississippi State Isiah Cage, OT Wisconsin Eau-Claire Julian Campenni, DT UConn Daniel Davie, CB Nebraska Harrison Elliott, LS Air Force (*invite to rookie mini-camp) Josh Ferguson, RB Illinois Blake Frohnapfel, QB UMass (*invite to rookie mini-camp) Darion Griswold, TE Arkansas State Davante Harris, OT Appalachian State Tigi Hill, S Mesa Community College Curt Maggitt, OLB Tennessee Stefan McClure, S Cal Mekale McKay, WR Cincinnati Brock Miller, P Southern Utah Chris Milton, CB Georgia Tech Drew Ott, DE Iowa Jamelle Naff, OG TCU Ammon Olsen, QB Southern Utah Leviticus Payne, CB Cincinnati (*invite to rookie mini-camp) Adam Redmond, OT Harvard Chester Rogers, WR Grambling State Anthony Sarao, ILB USC Delvon Simmons, DT USC Tevaun Smith, WR Iowa Ron Thompson, OLB Syracuse Andrew Williamson, S Vanderbilt http://horseshoeheroes.com/2016/04/30/the-colts-unofficial-undrafted-free-agents-list/ Looks like Bell, Hill, McClure, Naff, Ott and Sarao were more recent additions. 
  • Topics

• Welcome New Members

• Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.