Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Free agency/Draft Wishlist

Feel free to make your own, but must be realistic...

Mine is as follows...

Free Agency, Indy signs OT Branden Albert, CB Sam Shields, OLB Connor Barwin, WR Danny Amendola

-Albert would cost the least among the top OTs coming into free agency. Albert could play either LT or RT so if Costanzo continues to struggle at LT, we could move him to RT. Shields gives us a possible starter opposite Davis, Barwin is a good pass rusher at OLB who replaces Freeney, and would take away from a division rival, and Amendola replaces Avery whom we dont resign.

Colts Draft...

1st(21st pick)- 3-4 DE Sheldon Richardson (Gives us a high motor guy that we desperately need on defense, and can share time with both Redding and Moala until he is ready to take over full time. We need more talent on this DL to free up our LBs.)

Indy trades 2013 3rd round pick and 2014 3rd and 5th to move back into the early 2nd round. With this pick, they select SS Matt Elam (Highly instinctive safety who would gives us that great safety tandem we once had. Bethea hasnt been as effective this year because he is sometimes playing SS while Zibs is at FS. Elam gives us a very talented player who will make our secondary much better.)

4th- OG Gabe Jackson (I would love to get Larry Warford, but I just dont see how since he will probably go round 2 or 3. We get Jackson, who has opened holes for Vick Ballard the past 2 years. Jackson can start right away at OG. We now have more talent on the OL with the additons of Branden Albert and Gabe Jackson.)

5th(comp for Garcon)- CB Leon Mcfadden (Gives us an underrated corner, and will add to our depth.)

Free Agency

1.Jairus Byrd or Kenny Phillips

2.Tracey Porter or Brent Grimes

3.William Beatty or Brandon Albert or Sebastian Vollmer

4.Glenn Dorsey

Draft

1.Chance Warmack or Alex Okafor

3.Brandon Jenkins or Ricky Wagner or Alvin Bailey

4.Margus Hunt or Travis Frederick

5Emory Blake or Kwame Geathers

I still think they'll sign Mike Wallace this offseason.

My wishlist:

Sign:

Mike Wallace- ties to Arians, just makes too much sense

Connor Barwin- big area of need

Cary Williams- good CB who played for Pagano

Andy Levitre- best guard available

Larry Grant- good special teams player and ilb

Re-sign:

Pat McAfee

Winston Justice- one or two year deal, plays good enough in short term

Joe Reitz

1st round: select Xavier Rhodes or Sheldon Richardson

3rd round: Desmond Trufant or Larry Warford

4th round: best player available

My wishlist:

Sign:

Re-sign:

Pat McAfee

Joe Reitz

1st round: select Xavier Rhodes or Sheldon Richardson

3rd round: Desmond Trufant or Larry Warford

4th round: best player available

We still have a HUGE need at SS in your scenario. I would be completely fine with Sheldon Richardson and Larry Warford as our 1st two picks though.

Why do so many people think SS is such a big need? Zbikowski has been pretty good, and Lefeged was looking really good last year. There are seriously so many bigger holes than SS. That's not to say I wouldn't want to upgrade with a big, Adrian Wilson type Safety to match up with guys like Gronk, but that's just a luxury that most teams don't have.

My wishlist:

Sign:

Re-sign:

Pat McAfee

Joe Reitz

1st round: Ezekial Ansah or Chance Warmack or Kenny Vaccaro

3rd round: Brandon Jenkins or Larry Warford

4th round: Margus Hunt

I like this, but edited it a little.

Re-sign: Avery, Butler, Hickman, Justice, Linkenbach, McAfee, Moala, Overton, Shipley, Vaughn.....most of these are real low-ball, vet minimum kind of contracts. Avery/Justice might get a decent amount, just don't overpay Grigson.

Free Agency

DE (want to get 2 of these guys....lots of nice looking 5 techs)

Henry Melton, Desmond Bryant, Alan Branch, Randy Starks, Derek Landri, Mike DeVito, Ropati Pitoitua, Corey Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Vance Walker, Ricky Jean-Francois

NT (Mookie/Tevaseu are not good enough, Chapman/Nevis and one of these guys for 0 Tech)

Aubrayo Franklin (beast, San Diego stole him this year, I want him next year), Isaac Sopoaga, Terrance Knighton, Justin Bannan.....if none of these guys are FAs, I'd probably prefer to bring back MTV over Mookie.

CB (Tons of good Dlinemen, not many Corners that are very good....in order for my preference)

Bradley Fletcher (very underrated, probably expendable due to Finnegan/Jenkins), Derek Cox, Aqib Talib, Adam Pacman-Jones, Sean Smith, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Mike Jenkins, Cary Williams, Sheldon Brown

OL

Sebastian Vollmer (would love him at RT, but probably just dreaming), Kraig Urbik, Chad Rinehart, Andy Levitre, Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson, Garrett Reynolds

Draft

Round 1 - Xavier Rhodes - Big, physical, press man corner. If he's all we get I'd still call it a good draft.

Round 3 - Larry Warford OG

Round 4 - Zeke Motta SS

Mike Wallace would be awesome to have. Not a huge fan of Barwin, so much talent on that defense its easy to for guys to get pressure.

My wish list is -

Derek Cox CB Jags

William Moore S Falcons

Brent Grimes CB Falcons

We need at least 1 CB, hopefully Davis will pan out here and stay healthy. Cox is a great CB stuck on a crappy team. Grimes is good when healthy, though he may be a little too old for us. Moore is a developing into a great player. Someone in Atlanta is not going to be brought back, with Grimes, Baker, Moore all be FAs.

If the staff feels like Wallace is worth it, I would buy in. Others I would like to target:

Dashon Goldson SS 49ers

Keenan Lewis CB Steelers

Cary Willaims CB Ravens

Cliff Avril DE/OLB Lions

Anthony Spencer OLB Cowboys

Would love to get Vollmer but its not going to happen

As for our first round draft pick, depending on who we land in FA. Kenny Vaccaro, Chance Warmack, Sam Montgomery could all be guys around that 21 or 22 slot.

dont know if Nnamdi Asomugha could fit our scheem on d but if the eagles cut him witch they might considering if they dont hes due 16 million next year and they will most likely have to rebuild that team. I know he has struggled this year but we all know his potential and him and davis could shut down teams if they play to thier talent and potential. In the first round maybe fluker from alabama or lewan michigan ideally demantre moore a and m.

Mike Wallace would be awesome to have. Not a huge fan of Barwin, so much talent on that defense its easy to for guys to get pressure.

My wish list is -

Derek Cox CB Jags

William Moore S Falcons

Brent Grimes CB Falcons

We need at least 1 CB, hopefully Davis will pan out here and stay healthy. Cox is a great CB stuck on a crappy team. Grimes is good when healthy, though he may be a little too old for us. Moore is a developing into a great player. Someone in Atlanta is not going to be brought back, with Grimes, Baker, Moore all be FAs.

and yet barwin still doesn't get pressure...not sure why people are wanting that guy

and yet barwin still doesn't get pressure...not sure why people are wanting that guy

He had 11.5 sacks last year. For whatever reason though he does not have anything close to that this year, I haven't watched many Texans games so I dont know, But it does seem like the guy can get to the QB

I'm not really a fan of Matt Elam. He's a talent, don't get me wrong, but he's a walking penalty machine. Every time I watch him play, he's doing something dirty. Hitting defenseless receivers, unnecessary roughness, and just plain stupid stuff.

Not really. From what I've seen he is a vicious hitter (which we've lacked since The Colonel) but he doesn't have a Suh problem, where he has a compulsive need to hit/shove someone after a play, and I have yet to see him have a hit on a defenseless receiver.

The only illegal hit here was on his own man haha

Look at the hit at :26. The RB gets his pad level as low as possible, and Elam still gets further down and wrecks him. He was in on every play in the game, it seemed.

dont know if Nnamdi Asomugha could fit our scheem on d but if the eagles cut him witch they might considering if they dont hes due 16 million next year and they will most likely have to rebuild that team. I know he has struggled this year but we all know his potential and him and davis could shut down teams if they play to thier talent and potential.

I would kill for Nnamdi to come to Indy this offseason.