Photo

The hit on TY Hilton will be fined

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17683 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

..without question....a helmet to helmet to the BACK of the head of a player who was going down?

the only question is: why do the supposedly real refs miss so much?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 CS Colts Fan

CS Colts Fan
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

totally agree... can't believe with THIS HIT and NO FLAG !!

#3 Stephen

Stephen
  • 2862 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Im just happy he was alright

#4 Luck?

Luck?
  • Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Don't worry, Arians will send the tape to the league office.

#5 Indy3117

Indy3117
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Don't worry, Arians will send the tape to the league office.

I'm not really up to speed on this. Is this how they determine fines and things? Does the league look over incidents if they aren't sent in by the team?

#6 In Luck We Trust

In Luck We Trust
  • 1234 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

idk about it being a fine, it wasn't intentional. Hilton was spun into the guy as he was trying to make the tackle. he was already in motion with his head down, he couldn't stop it from happening. i agree the refs prob should have been paying more attention, but it wasnt intentional. and the guy dont have a history of dirty play like suh.

#7 stat2883

stat2883
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

I'm not really up to speed on this. Is this how they determine fines and things? Does the league look over incidents if they aren't sent in by the team?

a lot of teams send tape into the league office for a variety of reasons (officiating, late hits, etc), however it won't result in a fine. If a fine is handed down, it was going to happen regardless of anything the team sent in. If anything, the tape that teams send in just clues the league on what to maybe watch for going forward. Anything worthy of a fine is brought to the league's attention before anything can ever be sent in from a team, like Suh's groin kick.

** my understanding anyway
NFL fan in general.

#8 Indy3117

Indy3117
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

a lot of teams send tape into the league office for a variety of reasons (officiating, late hits, etc), however it won't result in a fine. If a fine is handed down, it was going to happen regardless of anything the team sent in. If anything, the tape that teams send in just clues the league on what to maybe watch for going forward. Anything worthy of a fine is brought to the league's attention before anything can ever be sent in from a team, like Suh's groin kick.

** my understanding anyway

Thanks for the explanation! That makes sense to me.

#9 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 8428 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I'm not so sure you're right.

If someone finds video of that play and a replay, please link it here.

I thought it was as much on Hilton as it was on the defender that he ended up getting hit. The way he went down and turned his body, I'm not sure the defender could've done much of anything else.

But I don't think the announcers said anything, and no one who was watching it with me said anything about an illegal hit. Perhaps we were more concerned because it looked like TY might be seriously, seriously hurt for a minute or two and perhaps that distracted us from what you think is an illegal hit.

Perhaps you're right, OUM, but I'm not sure as of the moment. I'd like to see some tape if someone's got it....

#10 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

I won't be fined, it was similar to the Josh Cribbs hit a couple weeks ago. TY was not a defenseless player.
CjMcGirt23

#11 Chicago-Colts Fan1287

Chicago-Colts Fan1287
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Im just happy he was alright

^^^^

#12 stat2883

stat2883
  • 836 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

idk about it being a fine, it wasn't intentional. Hilton was spun into the guy as he was trying to make the tackle. he was already in motion with his head down, he couldn't stop it from happening.

I haven't gotten around to watching the colts game yet, but this is basically what I've been hearing too. Sounds like it was a good (albeit unfortunate) no-call. Glad he was ok.
NFL fan in general.

#13 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Returners are considered a RB and they are not defenseless WRs, therefore helmet to helmet contact also is legal.

#14 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3383 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

I don't know, I'll have to look at the play again sometime. I know if a player is defenseless, or is/has giving himself up, it's a no brainer. If a player is going/or is down, you better be real careful barreling in with the crown of your helmet or forearm first. It it gets into the head/neck area to a guy on the ground, they may indeed get a fine.

League isn't taking crap from D players that wreak havoc on players down, (or almost down) receiving or delivering a pass. A D players know when a guy is heading and will imminently be out of bounds, or on the ground and down.They can pull up somewhat but choose to barrel in full steam head first anyway.
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#15 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3383 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Returners are considered a RB and they are not defenseless WRs, therefore helmet to helmet contact also is legal.

Often true, but not for runners down, or imminently so. Especially if back is turned and he is on the ground. You come in head first, it's remotely possible you may get a Fed-Ex package Tuesday am. Time will tell, but Luck has a laundry list of folks fined (not all penalized in the game either).
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#16 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2288 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

the hit could have ended T.Y.'s season, but it was a freak play where he got bent over and his helmet cracked into his thigh or other part of leg. that is football really...... i don't think it was intentional. both players could have been hurt bad.

#17 smittywerb

smittywerb
  • 1145 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

That hit should be fined but this whole hit in the head thing is outrageous. It's getting to the point where you can't even hit guys in the chest without getting a penalty. They don't call this one but they call it when Pollard hit a Charger player in the chest? Wow! I think they just call big hits, that's it.

:pass: :blueshoe: BUILD THE MONSTER! FEED THE MONSTER! :blueshoe: :pass:

:HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire:

#18 Tom Tescher

Tom Tescher
  • Rookie
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I was there and watched the replay several times. It seemed to me that the defender used his helmet as a weapon. Hilton was clearly on the ground with his back towards the defender. It appeared to me he attempted to spear Hilton with his helmet, attempting to dislodge the ball or knock him out. It's the type of play that causes concussions and worse. It should be fined and players who repeatedly are fined should be suspended.

#19 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4815 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I can't believe he actually came back and played some more.

Thank you Hilton for the run back for the TD.....it's been since Vietnam since we had one of those!

#20 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

I can't make up my mind if he was head hunting or not, I wish I had the replay at regular speed. While the defender was somewhat low already, he had to go a lot lower to perfectly hit Hilton in the back of the helmet.

#21 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17683 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

That hit should be fined but this whole hit in the head thing is outrageous. It's getting to the point where you can't even hit guys in the chest without getting a penalty. They don't call this one but they call it when Pollard hit a Charger player in the chest? Wow! I think they just call big hits, that's it.

The refs miss calls..like it or nt..head hits will be eliminated from the game..//and players hit each other in the head intentionally...

Its not an accident...

..the refs see some and miss others. The only difference between the real refs and the replacement refs..is that the
real refs are much more confident and sure of themselves as they are making the wrong call...

#22 BIGugly

BIGugly
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I was there and watched the replay several times. It seemed to me that the defender used his helmet as a weapon. Hilton was clearly on the ground with his back towards the defender. It appeared to me he attempted to spear Hilton with his helmet, attempting to dislodge the ball or knock him out. It's the type of play that causes concussions and worse. It should be fined and players who repeatedly are fined should be suspended.

Exactly....think it would have happened if they had on leather helmet?...NO.

Maybe we should take away the helmet weapon like they do in rugby. Almost bet concusions would go down.
just my opinion

BIGuglies win football games !

#23 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 17683 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Exactly....think it would have happened if they had on leather helmet?...NO.

Maybe we should take away the helmet weapon like they do in rugby. Almost bet concusions would go down.

I bet they wouldnt....many NFL players would shorten their lives for cash...and they like to hurt each other.

That's why they put you on defense to begin with...

#24 BIGugly

BIGugly
  • 858 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

I bet they wouldnt....many NFL players would shorten their lives for cash...and they like to hurt each other.

That's why they put you on defense to begin with...

Prolly, but just once....
just my opinion

BIGuglies win football games !

#25 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 9599 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

i don't think you understand the new rules. there won't be a fine

#26 smittywerb

smittywerb
  • 1145 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

i don't think you understand the new rules. there won't be a fine

But the refs threw the flag that cost the Ravens 15 yards in a tough game that could have ended their chances to win the game.

:pass: :blueshoe: BUILD THE MONSTER! FEED THE MONSTER! :blueshoe: :pass:

:HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire:

#27 CoachLite

CoachLite
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

the only question is: why do the supposedly real refs miss so much?

What real refs? Those are Bernie Madoff investors trying to make ends meet. But realize, their judgment hasn't improved.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Oct
    Nadine

wood peckers destroying my house again. the east side this time

Show comments (3)
View All Updates