•  

Photo

Jerrell Freeman Excellent!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

He had 16 tackles 1 sack and a couple hurries noot sure exactly how many. This kid was essentially the defense. Just says that if that D line can keep th OL off our LBs we got got some guy who get to the. Him and Angerer are gonna be pretty good duo in the middle. Oh an Freeman has 85tackls on the season already. I knew I liked tbis kid right after we got him and and I watched some video.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yep no hidding it we have found a hidden gem in him. Add him to a great rookie draft class by Grigson and this has been a great rookie class.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#3 manning04

manning04
  • 828 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Freeman has been great! and gotta give the DL some credit for being able to keep the OL off of him as well.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#4 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13276 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Freeman has been impressive in every single game this season. Excellent pick up by Grigs
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#5 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yeah def manning04!!! That why I say if the comtinue to do that were gonna be tough. The portion of the run yds today came from CJ cutting back to the outside. Other tha n that we didnt give much up in the middle.
"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us"? NIV

#6 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hes reminding me of Garry Bracket. Another hidden gem that Griegson and Irsay have found in UDFA.

#7 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Any chance he wins DROY?

He was a beast out there today.

#8 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11401 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Amazing
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#9 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

Any chance he wins DROY?

Frankly since he was a CFL player I don't know if people who vote on that really think of him as a "true" rookie. I don't mean to say that I think they don't vote for him because of that reason I think he just kinda gets forgotten as a rookie because fo the CFL tie. With that said if he did he would be deserving of it.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#10 Andy

Andy
  • 8601 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

He had a phenomenal game. He made great tackle after great tackle. He was great in blitz situations too.

I'd say that he was the best non-draft acquisition in this offseason.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#11 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2568 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Any chance he wins DROY?

I doubt it. He was with the Titans I believe on the practice squad few years ago. Then he was cut, which led him to go to the CFL. I think that counted as his rookie year.

#12 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I doubt it. He was with the Titans I believe on the practice squad few years ago. Then he was cut, which led him to go to the CFL. I think that counted as his rookie year.

I thought that as he was cut prior to the season it didn't count as his debut season, but I may be wrong. Either way he's not a "true" rookie and that could cause him to get overlooked as stated above.

#13 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2826 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

freeman has been great but moala has been good all year as well.

#14 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

freeman has been great but moala has been good all year as well.

yes going to 3-4 has not had a better impact on anyone on the roster but him.

#15 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4694 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Freeman has been impressive in every single game this season. Excellent pick up by Grigs

Last game was rough. Got beat consistently by Gronk.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#16 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13276 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Last game was rough. Got beat consistently by Gronk.

Yeah, but I don't know of anyone in the league who has the size, speed, and cover ability to cover Gronk.
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#17 Mouthfire

Mouthfire
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Yeah, but I don't know of anyone in the league who has the size, speed, and cover ability to cover Gronk.

Yeah, pretty much everyone gets abused by Gronk.

#18 Big Red

Big Red
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Playing in Saskatchewan for a few years will get you motivated to stick with a team that plays indoors. Great find Grigs!

#19 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

FREEMAN.......
Posted Image

#20 GoDeep

GoDeep

Uhhhhh..

• 1050 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2856 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

Angerer has a combined 2 tackles in the last 2 games.

Luckily Freeman has been out DPoY.

I like to argue. 

#22 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3483 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Angerer has a combined 2 tackles in the last 2 games.

Luckily Freeman has been out DPoY.

I notices our running defense got worse with Angerer out there as well. :(

#23 throwingBBS

throwingBBS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

I bet half of Freemans tackles were after at least an 8 yard gain. So Gary Brackett.
Very average in pass coverage. #`s can be deceiving.

I can`t give our ILB`ers a real grade because we have a Horrible NT in Johnson.
Johnson can be knocked back at will, can not shuck a block, and makes plays rarely.

#24 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6594 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I bet half of Freemans tackles were after at least an 8 yard gain. So Gary Brackett.

Johnson can be knocked back at will, can not shuck a block, and makes plays rarely.

I'll take that bet.

#25 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8507 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hes reminding me of Garry Bracket. Another hidden gem that Griegson and Irsay have found in UDFA.

gary brackett?? not exactly a ringing endorsement.

#26 krunk

krunk
  • 3105 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Arians in this clip calls Freeman "Baby Ray Lewis"
http://www.colts.com...f0-a6410f56d40d

You have to listen for a while to come to the part.

#27 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

Jerrell has almost not shot at winning DROY. Chandler Jones had it locked up before he got hurt. Now guys like Luke Kuechly and Lavonte David have a shot.

#28 BleedBlu8792

BleedBlu8792
  • 974 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I would easily take that bet. The guy is consistently blasting RB's at the LoS. The only "bad" game I'd say he's had, along with the rest of the team, was the Jets game. His game against the Vikings made me a believer. He was going to head to head with Peterson and dropping him like he was nothing. Very few LB's have ever done that to Peterson.

#29 T Y Goodbye

T Y Goodbye

Formerly known as CF4L

• 1810 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

Any chance he wins DROY?

I looked at the Colts roster on colts.com..he's listed as 1 yr..so he's not a rookie..Too bad..he deserves that and deserves the Pro Bowl...

The man no one corner can stop...

#30 weslo1812

weslo1812
  • 805 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

BLOODontheTRACKS I was getting to the fact they were UDFA and Bracket was Solid for the Colts form many years. Now Freeman an UDFA ILB has come in and is doing what hes done and may end up beinv a solid IlB for us for years to come. Well see though. Im guessing you didnt think too much of Bracket?

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates