Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowglobe

No one is talking about Brady for MVP

602 posts in this topic

Actually you never know. It could happen.

Id be quite happy with that

Votes that will go to AP will make a difference to as will take away from 1 or the other, and know i heard Marshall Faluk say AP as he is only offense they have, dont know if he has a vote , but an example of thinking

If the Vikings squeak into the playoffs. This race could get really interesting.

Yeah, especially if he breaks Dickerson's record. Then I could legitimately see him winning it. 

Jeff Fisher will put an end to Adrian Peterson's run. He will hold him to less than 100 yards. :) (j/k)

If the Vikings squeak into the playoffs. This race could get really interesting.

Thats How I feel, u have to at least make playoffs to get MVP

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Snowglobe" data-cid="362137" data-time="1355694619"><p>

Looks like it may come down to Peterson vs. Brady. I'll admit I am a little nervous.</p></blockquote>

No. It will be Peyton. Bradys sitting second and Peterson is sitting 3rd for MVP.

Vikings are a long shot for the playoffs. Brady/Billicheck are well, them.

Peyton didnt need to throw much today. Has stated they want to establish a solid running game, and did just that today. DT and Dresseen had big drops. Decker was lights out.

No. It will be Peyton. Bradys sitting second and Peterson is sitting 3rd for MVP.

Vikings are a long shot for the playoffs. Brady/Billicheck are well, them.

Peyton didnt need to throw much today. Has stated they want to establish a solid running game, and did just that today. DT and Dresseen had big drops. Decker was lights out.

Dear god, stop being such a homer.

Peyton had an average day against a defense missing four of its most important starters.

The primary reason why the Broncos won today was because of its defense and because of Flacco's complete ineptitude.

Any QB could have led their team to a win today against that particular Raven's team. Their offense was godawful, and the defense was shredded by injuries.

Peyton had a pedestrian day. 17/28 for 204 yards. That sounds like Brady, circa 2001.

Brady definitely pulled ahead this week. It's looking more and more like a two-man race now. Brady's got the better opportunity here since he's got a primetime game this weekend, but with three games left it's still way too close to call.

GoPats, 

If Brady & the Patriots beat the 49ers tonight, a SB matchup preview, I'd pretty much say Tom's a lock for MVP. Just give Peyton Manning Comeback Player of the Year. Thank you.

1 person likes this

class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ViriLudant" data-cid="362231" data-time="1355697540"

Dear god, stop being such a homer.

Peyton had an average day against a defense missing four of its most important starters.

The primary reason why the Broncos won today was because of its defense and because of Flacco's complete ineptitude.

Any QB could have led their team to a win today against that particular Raven's team. Their offense was godawful, and the defense was shredded by injuries.

Peyton had a pedestrian day. 17/28 for 204 yards. That sounds like Brady, circa 2001.

So now your reduced to name calling.. brilliant.

Do you read or just see that I posted something positive about Manning above Brady and decide to just blow air and argue.

I cant refute what you posted because I already stated the point in my previous post you choose to ignore.

You did not give one reason why Peyton deserves it.

His defense carried the win, not Peyton.

Brady carries the Patriots, not the defense .

Oh please.. why argue with you... its been stated repeatedly on here why Manning should have it. Did you not read all those posts as well??

You logic is.. well... misguided. Decker: 8 catches for 133 yards and a TD today. Tell me.. you think Manning just threw good passes to Decker and not to DT or Dresseen today? No. So hop off your high horse.

*sigh*

Apparently you didn't process my post .

One more time ago.

Denver's defense won that game.

God forbid we suggest someone other then Brady/Manning?

What about Aaron Rodgers this year. I actually am more impressed with him at times this year over last year when Brees got snubbed badly in voting. But, for some reason the agenda seemed very pro Aaron last year and this year not so much.

This Packers team has been a mess with injuries this season at times and the o line at times down right laughable.

I think AP leaped ahead of Peyton today.

Depending on tonights outcome, my thought is its between Brady and AP. And if Minny makes the playoffs, it ALL AP.

YAY for all three.   NFL is exciting again this year.

Depending on tonights outcome, my thought is its between Brady and AP. And if Minny makes the playoffs, it ALL AP.

That's what I'm thinking. If the Vikings find a way to sneak into the playoff, then they have to give it to AP.

Adrian Peterson is literally carrying that team with his ground game, hes definitely in the discussion for MVP, even over Manning at this point. Manning had a very mediocre day against a weak defense

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JerodMayo51" data-cid="362684" data-time="1355714495"><p>

Adrian Peterson is literally carrying that team with his ground game, hes definitely in the discussion for MVP, even over Manning at this point. Manning had a very mediocre day against a weak defense</p></blockquote>

Are you kidding me? How was Brady tonight. Eat crow.

I definitely agree. I am rooting for the Vikes to make the playoffs so that a non-QB can win MVP, just for a change, you know. :)

First, Tom Brady played 1 heck of a game. Wow! he darn near pulled off a miraculous comeback. RB Danny Woodhead was a bleeping beast! 

Second, QB Colin Kaepernick has got to learn how to put touch on the ball, arch it, & drop it in the bread basket with a WR in stride. He can throw the ball with heat, but in the Playoffs a lack of touch=going home early.

Third, absolutely not! No 3 way MVP tie...Pick 1 name...It is called Most Valuable Player vs players. Singular not plural please...

First, Tom Brady played 1 heck of a game. Wow! he darn near pulled off a miraculous comeback. RB Danny Woodhead was a bleeping beast! 

Second, QB Colin Kaepernick has got to learn how to put touch on the ball, arch it, & drop it in the bread basket with a WR in stride. He can throw the ball with heat, but in the Playoffs a lack of touch=going home early.

Third, absolutely not! No 3 way MVP tie...Pick 1 name...It is called Most Valuable Player vs players. Singular not plural please...

Tell that to Peyton and Steve McNair in 2003 :)

...QB Colin Kaepernick has got to learn how to put touch on the ball, arch it, & drop it in the bread basket with a WR in stride. He can throw the ball with heat, but in the Playoffs a lack of touch=going home early.

More than anything, he needs to learn how to TAKE A SNAP UNDER CENTER WITHOUT FUMBLING.

Once is forgivable.

Twice? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Thrice? COME ON MAN!

Quad.... ice? WHERE IS REX GROSSMAN WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

I'm sorry, bad that was Sanchez level stupidity. Not even counting sacks for major yardage loss, over/underthrows galore and an INT in the end zone. QB rating be darned, Kaep was not impressive at all.

1 person likes this

Trust me, my NE friends. This is the best thing that could have happen to my Foxboro...Why? You just gave the brilliant Belichick & Brady tape on how they were attacked defensively...He will have an answer in the SB. The Grey Hoodie will neutral Crabtree. Hey, where was 49ers TE Vernon Davis tonight anyway? Is he hurt? 

Tell that to Peyton and Steve McNair in 2003 :)

A good Point Chad. There have been dual winners & I hate when the NFL can't make a darn decision. Ask me for crying out loud, I'll split the bleeping atom.  haha

More than anything, he needs to learn how to TAKE A SNAP UNDER CENTER WITHOUT FUMBLING.

Once is forgivable.

Twice? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Thrice? COME ON MAN!

Quad.... ice? WHERE IS REX GROSSMAN WHEN YOU NEED HIM?

:funny:  :lol: Excellent point MOW! Both teams played in downpouring rain & yet Brady never fumbled once. The conditions were equal & KP almost cost his team a TD without RB's Frank Gore's savy alertness. 

I am still stunned....Brady was magic in the 4th quarter. He reminds me so much of HOF QB Joe Montana it isn't even funny. Jesus, he is so calm & methodical that I am in sheer awe. Zone, Man to Man, blitz, or overload blitz it doesn't matter...Brady is gonnna score.

This game does nothing to remove my NE brethrens favorite field general from the MVP race...To pull his team out of a huge hole & almost carry him team on his shoulders all by himself is incredible. NE has nothing to be ashamed of all IMO.

Also, NE's defense is vastly improved & DT Vince Wilfork was a 1man wrecking crew as always...

Not a criticism, because I admire Belichick & Brady so much, but why didn't he punt the ball on that 2nd to last drive in the 4th quarter? Yeah, I know Brady picked up the previous 4th down in the 4th quarter.

But, Belichick is a master at situational football ie down & distance & knowing the need to pin your enemy deep. It won't happen again. I can guarantee you that. NE is still going to the SB so it won't matter.

Good news NE! I don't think you will face Eli Manning & the NY Giants in February this time. Just kidding guys!!! I couldn't resist that joke. Brady will get a 4th ring this year...Just pray you don't face Seattle though...

Watt or Peterson.....

I'm tired of these *' Quarterbacks.

Jules made a similar point Peytonator. If it's not a QB, highly unlikely though, I'd like to see JJ Watt get it myself. Yeah, SW1 is just a UW-Madison Alumni homer right? Yup, guilty as charged. HA! HA! 

Jules made a similar point Peytonator. If it's not a QB, highly unlikely though, I'd like to see JJ Watt get it myself. Yeah, SW1 is just a UW-Madison Alumni homer right? Yup, guilty as charged. HA! HA! 

Nothing wrong with that....JJ Watt is the most dominant player in the game right now. I was hoping it would be the year of defensive MVPs, but Manti Te'o didn't win the Heisman, and I doubt Watt wins MVP. Everyone loves yards and TDs, they don't care about sacks and batted passes.

1 person likes this

Nothing wrong with that....JJ Watt is the most dominant player in the game right now. I was hoping it would be the year of defensive MVPs, but Manti Te'o didn't win the Heisman, and I doubt Watt wins MVP. Everyone loves yards and TDs, they don't care about sacks and batted passes.

I wish you & all my forum friends had an MVP & HOF vote. At least my friends have intelligence & common sense & that'd at least be fair/objective. Charles Hailey anyone? Can we get a 5 time SB Champion into Canton please? Sorry, it just royally ticks me off...Okay, I'll get off my soap box now...Sigh...

I'd still give it to Aaron.

But, I am alone here I think.

GB did win the NFC North tonight. I love it when QB Jay Cutler blows his top & comes unraveled at the seams...It's so fun to watch...Given how the Packers have been decimated by injuries this year & still winning a division crown is very impressive Jules. Sure, Rogers can be in the MVP conversion, but I don't see him winning the award. Just don't give it to Peterson please. That's all I ask. Brady vs Manning. Those are the 2 choices.

Do I admire AP's hardwork to get back on the field? Absolutely, but he wasn't out long enough IMO. His value to the Vikings cannot be underestimated, but the short span of his injury coupled with the short careers of RBs in the NFL doesn't help aid persuade MVP voters IMHO.

Watt or Peterson.....

I'm tired of these *' Quarterbacks.

The media has an easier time hyping up a QB then they do a RB or defensive player. OOoooOOoooo

But, at this point I would feel bad for Peterson if he came up empty handed by years end. Dude deserves something badly. Heck I wish the Vikes could make the playoffs too. The man is insane this season. But, if they miss the playoffs he might not get the support. Ouch!

Peyton is great and Brady is great but we already know this. We have known this for many many years. And they both have several trophies of various kinds and might get more.

I just hope Peterson gets something now..he is having one of "those seasons." Heck this isn't even the best I have seen Brady or Manning play, not to my eye test after watching them for so many years and years.

As for Brady, I feel it is almost a shame that if he completed the comeback tonight he might get it in many eyes but now he can't? So a few plays here or there cost him an MVP award? Thats rough too!

Thats why I hate these awards some times. So nit picky in any given week, "Oh look Luck threw a pick, RG3 didn't today, so that means Luck is gonna lose the rookie award."

So in conclusion give it to Rodgers. J/K

1 person likes this

Is anybody in NE worried about RB Stevan Ridley's fumble issues tonight? I'm not all that concerned, but I was surprised to see him cough up the ball tonight. Very uncharacteristic of him. 

I am still stunned....Brady was magic in the 4th quarter. He reminds me so much of HOF QB Joe Montana it isn't even funny. Jesus, he is so calm & methodical that I am in sheer awe. Zone, Man to Man, blitz, or overload blitz it doesn't matter...Brady is gonnna score.

This game does nothing to remove my NE brethrens favorite field general from the MVP race...To pull his team out of a huge hole & almost carry him team on his shoulders all by himself is incredible. NE has nothing to be ashamed of all IMO.

That really was a crazy performance by Brady in the second half. I do think the Pats might really win the game if not for the kick return by the 49ers that seemed to almost be the pin that popped the balloon after the game was tied 31-31.

Brady actually was a lot like Brees was in the divisional round vs. the 49ers in January. Just falling short but having a remarkable game climbing out of a big hole.

With Gronk NE might have won this game which still scares me about them in January even if they do not get the bye week. Gronk just makes an already scary offense scarier. NE has not really had both TEs on the field yet this year, not since like week 2 I think.

1 person likes this