• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not looking for debate on MVP , just posting a stat I came across

Patrick Smyth @psmyth12

Denver Broncos Public Relation

Patrick Smyth @psmyth12

P.Manning on Sunday posted his 6th game this year w/3 TD & 70% comp pct

- no other player this yr has more than 3.

NFL record for year is 7.

posted 28 minutes ago

https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/275617663626121216

In my book: MVP. Brady/Manning/AP/Luck

OPoY goes to AP no question.

No way man.

Brady? Im sorry, but Mannings ahead of him. In Peytons first year as a Bronco, he has broke several team records already. The God (elway) in Denvers records. Tough shoes to fill. He has also been breakin NFL records all year no one is talking about it seems.

AP is AP. OPOY is what he will win.

Manning is looking at CPOY and NFL MVP. Folks say the NFL 'wants' to give it to Peyton.. well, why not?

He has had a sensational year. On another stat.. he will tie the NFL record of 70%/3TD's with one mare game like that. The record is 7. He is currently at 6.

The guy has just been fantastic.

Brady has done well, but we expected that. He is on the same team with the same coach he has always had. All cheating aside, Billichick is a football genius. He isnt dealing with server injury, ect.

In a year of comeback greatness, good QB's like Rodgers, Brady and Defense guys like watt, Miller, Willis will take a back seat to Manning and RB Peterson.

I wonder if Rivers still feels happy about Peyton being in his division now..? haha

I wonder if Rivers still feels happy about Peyton being in his division now..? haha

It was never about Chargers dominating Peyton. It was the Chargers' D-line dominating Peyton's O-line, and the Chargers' O winning several key matchups with Colts' D with VJax and Sproles often.

Plus, the Chargers are on the downhill with their talent. That is what happens when you let go of Brees, Turner, Sproles, LT, Cromartie and VJax :).

No way man.

Brady? Im sorry, but Mannings ahead of him. In Peytons first year as a Bronco, he has broke several team records already. The God (elway) in Denvers records. Tough shoes to fill. He has also been breakin NFL records all year no one is talking about it seems.

Manning is looking at CPOY and NFL MVP. Folks say the NFL 'wants' to give it to Peyton.. well, why not?

He has had a sensational year. On another stat.. he will tie the NFL record of 70%/3TD's with one mare game like that. The record is 7. He is currently at 6.

Brady has done well, but we expected that. He is on the same team with the same coach he has always had. All cheating aside, Billichick is a football genius. He isnt dealing with server injury, ect.

In a year of comeback greatness, good QB's like Rodgers, Brady and Defense guys like watt, Miller, Willis will take a back seat to Manning and RB Peterson.

Brady trumps him in nearly every stat cat. As well as winning the H2H battle.

Peyton is playing great. Not denying that in the slightest. He's been phenomenal. Brady's been better.

Sure BB is a brilliant HC. Peyton has an HC for a DC as well as a good HC. Peyton's got arguably the DPoY on the other side of the ball. And a much better Def.

Peyton's on a new team. Brady hasn't had his OL nearly all year. One game with both his stud TEs week 1. His only constant has been Welker. Lloyd's new.

The AFC W is an even bigger joke than the AFC N.

If NE beats both Hou and SF you can hand Brady the trophy.

It was never about Chargers dominating Peyton. It was the Chargers' D-line dominating Peyton's O-line, and the Chargers' O winning several key matchups with Colts' D with VJax and Sproles often.

Plus, the Chargers are on the downhill with their talent. That is what happens when you let go of Brees, Turner, Sproles, LT, Cromartie and VJax :).

You missed my point. When Phillip Rivers was asked how he felt about Peyton being in his division, Riv3rs replied with bring it on and i'm glad he's here. My point was I'm sure he isnt nearly as glad now.

Peyton is playing great. Not denying that in the slightest. He's been phenomenal. Brady's been better.

Sure BB is a brilliant HC. Peyton has an HC for a DC as well as a good HC. Peyton's got arguably the DPoY on the other side of the ball. And a much better Def.

Peyton's on a new team. Brady hasn't had his OL nearly all year. One game with both his stud TEs week 1. His only constant has been Welker. Lloyd's new.

Trumps??? You need to do some homework.

You missed my point. When Phillip Rivers was asked how he felt about Peyton being in his division, Riv3rs replied with bring it on and i'm glad he's here. My point was I'm sure he isnt nearly as glad now.

That was probably wishful thinking on his part when he said that hoping that would keep the Chargers' focus on a game by game basis. In fact, it was the opposite. Peyton does not let down on the throttle taking no one for granted like he did with the Colts. With every game of distance between Peyton and the Broncos and the Chargers, instead of stepping up to the plate, the Chargers have all folded like lawn chairs. :)

And Manning has fewer than 9. Brady has 10. 10 >> 9 or fewer.

You are right.

If we are counting from when we started having 8 divisions (starting in 2000), Brady has won the division in:

2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (10 times)

Peyton has won the division in:

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 (8 times)

Of course, Peyton won it once in 1999 when the Colts were in the AFC East with the Pats, I think before these 8 divisions were formed. But this count is done since 2000.

Hope that clarifies it.

2008 was a chance missed albeit those bursa sac surgeries did not help when Peyton fell to a 3-4 hole in the first 7 games and the CJ2K inspired Titans' train with geriatric Collins had their best year, Peyton ended up MVP though. :)

Both players missed a whole year in 2011 (Peyton) and 2008 (Brady) respectively.

You are right.

If we are counting from when we started having 8 divisions (starting in 2000), Brady has won the division in:

2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (10 times)

Peyton has won the division in:

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 (8 times)

Of course, Peyton won it once in 1999 when the Colts were in the AFC East with the Pats, I think before these 8 divisions were formed. But this count is done since 2000.

Hope that clarifies it.

2008 was a chance missed albeit those bursa sac surgeries did not help when Peyton fell to a 3-4 hole in the first 7 games and the CJ2K inspired Titans' train with geriatric Collins had their best year, Peyton ended up MVP though. :)

Both players missed a whole year in 2011 (Peyton) and 2008 (Brady) respectively.

Good research there Chad! Again, like I always say...Tomato Tamato...I respect both Peyton & Tom equally. I understand that people may favor 1 QB over another, which is fine. You can't go wrong with either field general IMO.

And Manning has fewer than 9. Brady has 10. 10 >> 9 or fewer.

Holy good grief.. ok.. lemme break it down. You stated you werent sure how many.. follow me..

I said, check that stat after the game and get your answer.......... 8!!!!!!!!!!! Was 7, now 8. Ok??

I wasnt arguing just saying it will go up 1 after the game. Yes??

Pretty sure Manning is the only QB to win three different divisions in his career. Brady is still stuck with one. :P

Manning has 9 total and Brady has 10 divisional championships. But they both can collectively thank the NY Jets, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans, and Jacksonville Jaguars for that, at least in part.

No way man.

Calvin Johnson >>>>> Adrian Peterson. What ap is doing given the circumstances is incredible but. Cj could have over 2000 yards receiving this year.

Calvin Johnson >>>>> Adrian Peterson. What ap is doing given the circumstances is incredible but. Cj could have over 2000 yards receiving this year.

Calvin is a good call. And having an amazing season. I hadn't thought about him. If those TDs go up, you could be right.

Statistically they're almost dead even. Their teams have identical records. This is becoming a two-man race and looks like it'll go down to the wire. Love to see the two "old guys" showing up the youngsters in the NFL!

While on some level it would be nice to see Brady win another MVP, I honestly don't care about it all that much. I'd rather see the Patriots go deep into the playoffs and possibly win another title. It'll be difficult for any AFC team this year though. The best teams are clearly in the other conference, by and large. (Nothing against Houston, which to me, is a scary team.)

Statistically they're almost dead even. Their teams have identical records. This is becoming a two-man race and looks like it'll go down to the wire. Love to see the two "old guys" showing up the youngsters in the NFL!

While on some level it would be nice to see Brady win another MVP, I honestly don't care about it all that much. I'd rather see the Patriots go deep into the playoffs and possibly win another title. It'll be difficult for any AFC team this year though. The best teams are clearly in the other conference, by and large. (Nothing against Houston, which to me, is a scary team.)

That's been a popular sentiment this season...but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore as it appeared to be during the first half of the season. Who scares you the most from the NFC? Many of the teams that looked like world beaters earlier in the season have fallen back a bit in my eyes...and I would give any of Houston, New England, or Denver a legitimate shot against any of them.

That's been a popular sentiment this season...but I'm not so sure that's the case anymore as it appeared to be during the first half of the season. Who scares you the most from the NFC? Many of the teams that looked like world beaters earlier in the season have fallen back a bit in my eyes...and I would give any of Houston, New England, or Denver a legitimate shot against any of them.

True, but I think part of the apparent drop-off in the NFC is the result of those teams beating up on each other a bit. A lot of the teams that the Patriots don't seem to match up as well against are also in the other conference, but that's just a Pats fan's perspective I guess.

The next two games for New England will be very telling either way.

• 2 weeks later...

One important stat, Brady has turned the ball over only 4 times all year, all interceptions. Manning is having a good year with 10 interceptions.

Brady definitely pulled ahead this week. It's looking more and more like a two-man race now. Brady's got the better opportunity here since he's got a primetime game this weekend, but with three games left it's still way too close to call.

I know i wrote somewhere , or thought I did at least , that his play Vs texans on national TV will help Brady's cause but can't find it now ,

Probably some where in another thread , are just to many of these on this isuue & personally just dont want to get into repeated back & forth remarks on something that will be regurgitated even after the awards come out

Brady definitely pulled ahead this week. It's looking more and more like a two-man race now. Brady's got the better opportunity here since he's got a primetime game this weekend, but with three games left it's still way too close to call.

No, he didnt.

Compelling response. Good talk.

:thmup: