Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No one is talking about Brady for MVP

Snowglobe

OMG woman.. seriously I stopped at the part that said 'i know your a Broncos fan'. Because you really dont know. SMH

I've been on the Colts boards since the old original forum... First I saw you around was when Luck made his debut.

So it is clear to me you dislike anyone whom are Colts fans that openly support Peyton in Denver because anytime the Broncos are brought up, you discredit me and others as Colts fans and call us Broncos fans. To be directly clear, I am not a Broncos fan. I am a Colts fan that has a problem with the Peyton/Irsay situation and openly supports Peyton in Denver. I know greatness when I see it and that Peyton.. he's great.

Hopefully that clears that up for you or perhaps you will continue to throw some punches below the belt. Ya, I caught your post the other day about your issues with 'BronColt'.. Let it go Jules.

You gotta admit it's pretty confusing with your name being what it is. I figured you were a Broncos slash Colts fan at the least...

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta admit it's pretty confusing with your name being what it is. I figured you were a Broncos slash Colts fan at the least...

I hope you do not get yelled at back.......

Well, if you ever change your name to "Texcolts" we need to talk Vance......

But, yes Peyton will likely win the MVP. I was just presenting a concern I had for Denver for discussion and it was mainly their rushing performances this season vs. the Pats/Texans and their own inability to stop those opponents rushing attacks. Well I care about these things. These are the things you gotta do in January, you know like run the football. Stop the run. Stuff like that. *shrugs*

I don't think anyone cares about running the ball as much anymore. But, running it and running it well is hot baby. It's hot.

As for MVP these things are often decided by the halfway point anyway it seems to me. It's a lot of media in it too.

Look at last season. Brees started to dominate too late to get MVP? What happened there. Rodgers started to fizzle out and Brees was on fire. But, many in the media were dead set for Rodgers which you saw clearly when Brees only got 4 whopping MVP votes even though Rodgers backup QB destroyed the Lions and set records in the final game.

Now I love Rodgers. But, 4 votes for Brees? Really? I think Brees could have thrown for 60 TDs, cured cancer at halftime of his final game of the season and flew across the field with wings and he might have not cracked 10 votes.

This year, I don't think anyone is truly "killing it" on a weekly basis. Or thats how I feel based on what I see around the league. I feel a few defenders are getting overlooked as well for MVP.

Manning likely does get it by years end. But, I suppose Brady could make it interesting if he lights up the Texans and 49ers. Brady might get more MVP consideration then Brees did last year. They don't like Brees but they will consider Brady.

It is Peyton's MVP to lose though. Unless he has games with multiple interceptions or they lose several we don't see coming it is going to Manning.

Here's another good entry by Jules who is logical, fair, & very objective. Oh sure, she thinks highly of Aaron Rodgers, but she won't let her preference for GB's #12 cloud her judgement. If there is a clear cut MVP winner, Jules will tell you clearly & explain her reasons why. That's why she is 1 of my favorite bloggers on here. That's what all my Forum Friends share on here actually...refreshing honesty & I respect that immensely.

Brady seems to accumulate SB trophies & Manning MVP Awards...Tom has been playing phenomenal this year though. I also find it somewhat ironic the MVP Award is given by the Associated Press i.e. newspaper & blog sports writers across America...Meaning journalists who many of whom were not superstar athletes themselves...Listen to this clip from "When Harry Met Sally" between Billy Crystal & Meg Ryan...Listen to what Billy says about journalists [1 minor curse word spoken. Sorry about that]...

My point is a lot of media personnel in the sports realm live vicariously through famous athletes they wish they were and can't be and if you kiss their caboose and play nice with them, they typically vote for NFL stars who play nice with them. Now both Peyton & Tom work their tails off every season and earn all their success through hardwork naturally, but don't kid yourself the media has their favorite stars of the NFL.

OMG woman.. seriously I stopped at the part that said 'i know your a Broncos fan'. Because you really dont know. SMH

I've been on the Colts boards since the old original forum... First I saw you around was when Luck made his debut.

So it is clear to me you dislike anyone whom are Colts fans that openly support Peyton in Denver because anytime the Broncos are brought up, you discredit me and others as Colts fans and call us Broncos fans. To be directly clear, I am not a Broncos fan. I am a Colts fan that has a problem with the Peyton/Irsay situation and openly supports Peyton in Denver. I know greatness when I see it and that Peyton.. he's great.

Hopefully that clears that up for you or perhaps you will continue to throw some punches below the belt. Ya, I caught your post the other day about your issues with 'BronColt'.. Let it go Jules.

Broncolt, I am right there with you. A Colts fan who still supports and cheers for Peyton, and is not afraid to openly admit to it.

Good post Broncolt. I am a Colts Fan but I still root for Peyton and will until he retires. He is a great player and now I feel lucky to have 2 teams to root for. :thmup:

I often wonder what other QBs not named Manning, Brady, Rogers, or Brees think about the MVP debate...Schaub knows he's got no shot, Big Ben's got no shot, Cutler has no shot, Rivers has no shot etc.

If Lions QB Matthew Stafford has a specular season next year with a high percentage of touchdowns and the fewest number of interceptions, would he win MVP? Nope...

Look, I love #18 & I gotta give my arch rival Brady some serious props too, but outside of those top 4-5 QBs, no other field gonna get nominated let alone win the MVP. Within a few years, Andy Dalton could make a nice honorable mention for the MVP though IMHO.

I often wonder what other QBs not named Manning, Brady, Rogers, or Brees think about the MVP debate...Schaub knows he's got no shot, Big Ben's got no shot, Cutler has no shot, Rivers has no shot etc.

If Lions QB Matthew Stafford has a specular season next year with a high percentage of touchdowns and the fewest number of interceptions, would he win MVP? Nope...

Look, I love #18 & I gotta give my arch rival Brady some serious props too, but outside of those top 4-5 QBs, no other field gonna get nominated let alone win the MVP. Within a few years, Andy Dalton could make a nice honorable mention for the MVP though IMHO.

I don't think that's true really. The reasons these guys have won the mvp the last several years is because they have put up amazing seasons. Is there any doubt that Rodgers was Mvp last year with 45 tds 6 ints? or brady with 36 tds and only 4 ints? or peyton with 33 tds and never losing a real regular season game all year? 08 was a great year by manning and no one else really else stood out. and 07 unbeaten brady with 50 tds. I agree name recognition does definitely help lol, but if say ryan had gone unbeaten and hadnt had that horrible 5 int game, no doubt in my mind he would be the leading mvp candidate right now. You need to win and put up great numbers. Anything less than 12 wins won't cut it, and anything less than 30 tds won't either (if you play the full 16 games). those 4 guys u mentioned are really the only ones that do that lol.

He has to score 30+ points a game to win because the defense can give up 25 easily. He's exactly where Manning was way back, putting up crazy stats because he HAS to because his D is so bad.

Welcome to Peyton's world. Tom/The Patriots/Patriots fans might be beginning to get a hint of an idea of what it is like, but in all honestly it's not even close.

When scoring 30+ points Manning's teams are 79-7 in the regular season and 5-0 in the playoffs.

When scoring 30+ points Brady's teams are 73-3 in the regular season and 5-1 in the playoffs.

That is somewhat close, but when you look at that 30+ on the defensive side of the the equation that is where there is a huge separation.

Brady and his teams are 7-14 when allowing 30+ points in the regular season and 0-2 in the playoffs. 23 times in Brady's 192 combined starts the Patriots have allowed 30+ points 12.0%

Manning and his teams are 9-32 when allowing 30+ points in the regular season and 2-2 in the playoffs.

45 times in Manning's 238 combined starts the Colts/Broncos have allowed 30+ points or 18.9%

At the end of the 2010 season Brady was 55-1 so in 2011/12 he's 18-2 when scoring 30+. He was 6-11 at the end of the 2010 season when allowing 30+ so he's 3-3 since, so it can't quite compare to the defenses Manning has had to deal with for the majority of his entire career.

I've argued many times that Brady is a far better QB now than when he was winning his Super Bowls, and he has had to be. He's not in Manning's zip code when it comes to dealing with bad defenses, but he's got a Realtor looking in the same state.

Welcome to Peyton's world. Tom/The Patriots/Patriots fans might be beginning to get a hint of an idea of what it is like, but in all honestly it's not even close.

When scoring 30+ points Manning's teams are 79-7 in the regular season and 5-0 in the playoffs.

When scoring 30+ points Brady's teams are 73-3 in the regular season and 5-1 in the playoffs.

That is somewhat close, but when you look at that 30+ on the defensive side of the the equation that is where there is a huge separation.

Brady and his teams are 7-14 when allowing 30+ points in the regular season and 0-2 in the playoffs. 23 times in Brady's 192 combined starts the Patriots have allowed 30+ points 12.0%

Manning and his teams are 9-32 when allowing 30+ points in the regular season and 2-2 in the playoffs.

45 times in Manning's 238 combined starts the Colts/Broncos have allowed 30+ points or 18.9%

At the end of the 2010 season Brady was 55-1 so in 2011/12 he's 18-2 when scoring 30+. He was 6-11 at the end of the 2010 season when allowing 30+ so he's 3-3 since, so it can't quite compare to the defenses Manning has had to deal with for the majority of his entire career.

I've argued many times that Brady is a far better QB now than when he was winning his Super Bowls, and he has had to be. He's not in Manning's zip code when it comes to dealing with bad defenses, but he's got a Realtor looking in the same state.

Great post as usual FJC. Your last sentence had such great style to it lol

I don't think that's true really. The reasons these guys have won the mvp the last several years is because they have put up amazing seasons. Is there any doubt that Rodgers was Mvp last year with 45 tds 6 ints? or brady with 36 tds and only 4 ints? or peyton with 33 tds and never losing a real regular season game all year? 08 was a great year by manning and no one else really else stood out. and 07 unbeaten brady with 50 tds. I agree name recognition does definitely help lol, but if say ryan had gone unbeaten and hadnt had that horrible 5 int game, no doubt in my mind he would be the leading mvp candidate right now. You need to win and put up great numbers. Anything less than 12 wins won't cut it, and anything less than 30 tds won't either (if you play the full 16 games). those 4 guys u mentioned are really the only ones that do that lol.

I'm not doubting that Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers aren't great, but trust me if Stanford or Dalton had accumulated a 13-3 record with 35 TD's; neither 1 would win the MVP who are we kidding...The AP isn't exactly impartial okay. Stats & wins are only part of the equation. You must be a media favorite/darling to take home this award as well IMO. Jay Cutler hates the media & they in turn intensely dislike him & they will never nominate him for any award of NFL significance.

I'm not doubting that Manning, Brady, Brees, Rogers aren't great, but trust me if Stanford or Dalton had accumulated a 13-3 record with 35 TD's; neither 1 would win the MVP who are we kidding...The AP isn't exactly impartial okay. Stats & wins are only part of the equation. You must be a media favorite/darling to take home this award as well IMO. Jay Cutler hates the media & they in turn intensely dislike him & they will never nominate him for any award of NFL significance.

Respectfully disagree about the Stafford (I agree Stanford wouldn't win the mvp :) ) and Dalton part.

Everyone does hate Jay though lol, fans too. I think he gets criticized way too much for that afc championship game. No way he'd ever win the MVP, agree with that haha

Respectfully disagree about the Stafford (I agree Stanford wouldn't win the mvp :) ) and Dalton part.

Everyone does hate Jay though lol, fans too. I think he gets way criticized way too much for that afc championship game. No way he'd ever win that, agree that haha

No argument there supremecoltsfan300...He even ticks off his offensive linemen the power pigs that actually protect the QB not a wise move Jay. :funny:

I wasn't confirming that Stafford would have a gang busters TD year next season, but trust Andy Dalton can play. He destroyed my WI Badgers at the Rose Bowl as a TCU QB in 2011. The kid can play now. He's no MVP candidate right now sure, but Brady & Manning were not always Superstar NFL Gods either. Just like life, the NFL ebbs and flows...no team stays on top forever. Dark horses always rise out of the woodwork. That's what makes the NFL the greatest sport in the world IMO.

No argument there supremecoltsfan300...He even ticks off his offensive linemen the power pigs that actually protect the QB not a wise move Jay. :funny:

I wasn't confirming that Stafford would have a gang busters TD year next season, but trust Andy Dalton can play. He destroyed my WI Badgers at the Rose Bowl as a TCU QB in 2011. The kid can play now. He's no MVP candidate right now sure, but Brady & Manning were not always Superstar NFL Gods either. Just like life, the NFL ebbs and flows...no team stays on top forever. Dark horses always rise out of the woodwork. That's what makes the NFL the greatest sport in the world IMO.

I actually think Dalton and Stafford are the future stars of this league, especially with these potential hof WRs they have. In 4 years, Manning and brady are gone, brees is a lot older, rodgers and eli won't be as awesome. Those two will fill the void imo. I don't think having monster games (4tds) is everything, but to me that time of production shows something, and both of those guys have done it.

Here's another good entry by Jules who is logical, fair, & very objective. Oh sure, she thinks highly of Aaron Rodgers, but she won't let her preference for GB's #12 cloud her judgement. If there is a clear cut MVP winner, Jules will tell you clearly & explain her reasons why. That's why she is 1 of my favorite bloggers on here. That's what all my Forum Friends share on here actually...refreshing honesty & I respect that immensely.

Brady seems to accumulate SB trophies & Manning MVP Awards...Tom has been playing phenomenal this year though. I also find it somewhat ironic the MVP Award is given by the Associated Press i.e. newspaper & blog sports writers across America...Meaning journalists who many of whom were not superstar athletes themselves...Listen to this clip from "When Harry Met Sally" between Billy Crystal & Meg Ryan...Listen to what Billy says about journalists [1 minor curse word spoken. Sorry about that]...

My point is a lot of media personnel in the sports realm live vicariously through famous athletes they wish they were and can't be and if you kiss their caboose and play nice with them, they typically vote for NFL stars who play nice with them. Now both Peyton & Tom work their tails off every season and earn all their success through hardwork naturally, but don't kid yourself the media has their favorite stars of the NFL.

BTW this is the best movie clip. EVER.

Thank you kindly southwest. I never said I was running for Miss Popularity on Colts.com either cause sometimes I swear I can feel cyber glares or eye rolls. ;)

Overall, there is a small SMALL group of QBs who are going to be highly regarded as potential MVPs before the season even begins by the media. It will take a lot more by a non chosen one to overshadow them no matter what your position and even if you have the season of your life and levitate off the ground at times doing it.

It's fine though. Hey if RG3 wins the rookie thing good for him. Let him have it.

As for MVP I do find it almost interesting though that the last player to win MVP and win the SB was Kurt Warner.......

Is MVP almost a jinx now? Is having an MVP on your team a sign he is covering up weaknesses many are glossing over? Is it better to be MVP less and more balanced as a team like say Houston?

As for this years MVP I think it is Manning UNLESS Brady starts to switch voters minds if he plays lights out vs. teams like Houston and SF. But, as we saw last year thats difficult. Brees could not switch the minds of voters who were set on Rodgers. Last year was the crowing of Rodgers following his SB win. And it gave Favre fans "something to talk about."

But, Brady will be considered more highly then Brees and we all probably know this.

Overall I am not putting down the genius of Peyton and Tom. But, like you southwest I like to consider others.....and different positions too.

For me personally, this seasons MVP is Reggie Wayne. Would never happen in a million years but I don't think we could live without him. Now and going back to the offseason where his leadership and playmaking HOF ability has been crucial to this young transitioning squad and more then ever post Pagano cancer news.

BTW I do think Rodgers and Brees both deserved it last year and Rodgers did earn his MVP but 4 votes for Brees? What were they relatives of Drews? lmao

Hey if we go by team record then it's Matt Ryan. What happened to the Ryan for MVP buzz? I don't pay enough attention to Atlanta so maybe I missed his performances. Maybe he has too many picks and lost serious buzz?

But, if the Falcons finish 15-1 and Ryan is their leader why isn't he going to be highly considered too? :dunno:

Granted I am not big Ryan fan but maybe he should be in the conversation.

The AP isn't exactly impartial okay

No they aren't. And honestly if we are going simply by "stories" then Favre might have deserved it in 2009. :dunno: (I just felt huge cyber glares but I was a Favre fan too so shoot me.) Be honest, look at what the man did that regular season on a new team. Just like Peyton this year. Turning a team from playoff contender to Super Bowl contender......

It is going to Peyton unless Tom lights it up later on and some have a change of heart.

Hey lets give it to JJ Watt and just end the QB streak. JJ Watt just bats balls down like a BA. I swear everytime I see Houston he is knocking something on offense over. When we play them I want Luck to grow an extra foot before the game.

Hey if we go by team record then it's Matt Ryan. What happened to the Ryan for MVP buzz? I don't pay enough attention to Atlanta so maybe I missed his performances. Maybe he has too many picks and lost serious buzz?

But, if the Falcons finish 15-1 and Ryan is their leader why isn't he going to be highly considered too? :dunno:

Ryan had a 5 int game a few weeks ago, and tonight he was pretty bad, but bree's revolting performance covered it up lol.

If guys like peyton, brady, and rodgers weren't lighting it up, then ryan would get the nod if he finished 15-1. But other guys have substantially better stats and are right there in the win department.

Ryan had a 5 int game a few weeks ago, and tonight he was pretty bad, but bree's revolting performance covered it up lol.

If guys like peyton, brady, and rodgers weren't lighting it up, then ryan would get the nod if he finished 15-1. But other guys have substantially better stats and are right there in the win department.

Yeah I am not too keen on giving it to Ryan either. Just wanted to make that point about the team record. I am not much of a Ryan fan. In fact I think he is pretty overrated,

Rodgers isn't gonna get it this year either. He spends more time getting off the ground lately then throwing TDs. (sorry Aaron cause I know your o line sucks) Voters often remember these prime time jobbies too. They remember the Giants now beating the tar out of the Packers. Last year they remember Rodgers calmly guiding his team to the game winning FG over the Giants in that shoot out.

Yeah I am not too keen on giving it to Ryan either. Just wanted to make that point about the team record. I am not much of a Ryan fan. In fact I think he is pretty overrated,

Rodgers isn't gonna get it this year either. He spends more time getting off the ground lately then throwing TDs. (sorry Aaron cause I know your o line sucks) Voters often remember these prime time jobbies too. They remember the Giants now beating the tar out of the Packers. Last year they remember Rodgers calmly guiding his team to the game winning FG over the Giants in that shoot out.

Yeah, brady I think has the most to gain, since he has two primetime games against good defenses.

Peyton only has that tnf game against oakland left. I think rodgers still has one snf game against the lions to bring his stock back up. peyton was able to recover from that mnf vs atlanta since it was early, probably will be harder for rodgers since there isn't a ton of time left.

Another small tidbit to add to this.

If I remember right, Peyton is the only active QB that I can remember who has won 2 games in the playoffs where his team (including him, of course :)) gave up more than 30 points. The Chiefs 38-31 game and the Patriots 38-34 game off the top of my head.

Has Brady had any game where his team gave up 30 or more in the playoffs and won?

Of course, Brees and Rodgers have had to deal with 36-41 and 45-51 losses to Seahawks and Cardinals. :)

Something about those NFC West teams - they look passive in the regular season but have good home field advantage when it comes to the playoffs. :)

Had some been paying any attention.. its pretty simple. I've been around a long time. It is the newer crew that doesnt seem to understand the sediment it seems. But to each their own.

Close. NE-Carolina SB 31-29

Great game JJ. I really had no idea who would win at one point. Defensive struggle first half and shootout in the second.

And yeah....that was really Jake Delhomme. *sigh* The good old days. I used to like him a lot and I have relatives in NC and they still bring this SB up.

I think I remember years ago putting this game in my personal top 5 SB list here and as the most underrated at times. You might not remember though since I am a newb.:)

know this is off topic & on last nights game but

Wow my meds knocked me out & missed game & totally forgot about it & saw what u said so looked up game ,

brees 5 IT & no TD's amazing

Ryan only 165 yards 1 TD

both about 55 % completion

2 TDs in a game between those 2 teams amazing

falcons

Third Down Efficiency 1/11 - 9%

Total Net Yards 283

Saints

Third Down Efficiency 7/14 - 50%

Total Net Yards 436

UNBELIEVABLE STATS

'

sorry again for going off topic & probably is a thread on this, but my window opened to this thread automatically thats why was on it saw your coment

just a quick question, you say you are not a Broncos fan, do mine telling us the origin of your name "Broncolt"?

personally I am a fan of two teams the Pats and the Skins . . . and been a fan of the latter since the over the hill gang of the early 70s . . .

know this is off topic & on last nights game but

Wow my meds knocked me out & missed game & totally forgot about it & saw what u said so looked up game ,

brees 5 IT & no TD's amazing

Ryan only 165 yards 1 TD

both about 55 % completion

2 TDs in a game between those 2 teams amazing

falcons

Third Down Efficiency 1/11 - 9%

Total Net Yards 283

Saints

Third Down Efficiency 7/14 - 50%

Total Net Yards 436

UNBELIEVABLE STATS

'

sorry again for going off topic & probably is a thread on this, but my window opened to this thread automatically thats why was on it saw your coment

BREES threw 50 times so that's a pick every 10 throws * actually thre 6 will explain below ) and after the 2nd it was 17-0 , then 17-7 at end of the half

so with 3 more IT's in 2nd half Falcons manage only 2 FGs in second half = 23-7 ,

when was 4 ITS at the 2.25 or so mark of 4th qrtr was a falcon truner fumbled, Brees on next play or play thereafter then threw what would be the the 5 th IT but penalties nullified it on nuetral zone infraction and next play he then threw the 5th to make it official as 5 and that was the game with less than 2 minutes left

just a quick question, you say you are not a Broncos fan, do mine telling us the origin of your name "Broncolt"?

personally I am a fan of two teams the Pats and the Skins . . . and been a fan of the latter since the over the hill gang of the early 70s . . .

I, too, often "wonder" about the "origin" of screenames on here. Yours, for instance...??

I think mine, however, is self-explanatory ;)

I, too, often "wonder" about the "origin" of screenames on here. Yours, for instance...??

interesting question, for those who want to know what is bayone it was the name of my favorite part of coney island beach, there were about 26 subdivided areas called bays and this was the initial one where boardwalk started, great memories

I love to swing dance and about 10 years ago after coming back from a swing dance camp (Swing Out New Hampshire) I started to play an online war game (Battlefield 1942) and needed a name . . . well was spending some time on a swing dance forum yehoodi.com talking about the recent dance camp and I liked the name and started to use it. . . . and use it pretty much where ever I go on the internet . . .

The name means Jewish in Hebrew I am told . . .but the website got it from an old Cab Calloway’s song “Who’s Yehoodi?”

I love to swing dance and about 10 years ago after coming back from a swing dance camp (Swing Out New Hampshire) I started to play an online war game (Battlefield 1942) and needed a name . . . well was spending some time on a swing dance forum yehoodi.com talking about the recent dance camp and I liked the name and started to use it. . . . and use it pretty much where ever I go on the internet . . .

The name means Jewish in Hebrew I am told . . .but the website got it from an old Cab Calloway’s song “Who’s Yehoodi?

couldnt find

Yehoodi

but might be as other ( & Yes as a Jew I was interested so looked up )

such spellings as Yehudo, & Yehudoh mean JUDAH,

Judah

One of the 12 tribes of Israel, descended from Judah, the fourth son of Jacob.

&

Yehud (יהוד) is a city in the Center District of Israel in Israel & is in the bible as an old town in ancient times

Yahudi an old movie with a plot revovling around Isreal & Roman Empire

Yehuda == Project Ben-Yehuda aims to make accessible the classics of Hebrew literature ( poetry and prose at first, and then essays and other forms) to the reader of Hebrew. It is named for Eliezer Ben-Yehuda, the scholar largely responsible for reviving Hebrew as a modern language.

When Peyton was released from the Colts along with what seemed half the team, there was a joke around the forum that eventually called Peyton supporters Broncolts. Many thought since Peyton went to Denver, many of his teammates would follow him there. Like, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Saturday, ect. Turns out the only Colt who went with him was Tamme.

So to make the story short, news articles, forum members ect dubbed Peyton followers 'Broncolts' so instead of fighting the label, I embraced it.

There where alot of folks that where hammered for openly following Peyton, so I went out on a limb, changed my name, and did it knowing I was supporting a legend in Denver while keeping my Colts fan status. ;)

It had to be 32-29 because NE's margin of win in all their SB wins have been 3. Losses have been 3 and 4.

yes we love those 3 points wins . . .

one interesting note about the SB was they the two teams score the same amount, 4 TDs and one FG, for 31 points . . . but John Fox went for a 2 point conversion early in the 4th, and failed, then had to do it again and failed, later in the qtr the pats went for two and converted . . . so instead of being a 31 point tie, it ended up 32-29 . . . . . so altho is only 29 points, they did enough to get to 30, just chose to go for 2 early in the 4th and the rest played out . . .

When Peyton was released from the Colts along with what seemed half the team, there was a joke around the forum that eventually called Peyton supporters Broncolts. Many thought since Peyton went to Denver, many of his teammates would follow him there. Like, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Saturday, ect. Turns out the only Colt who went with him was Tamme.

So to make the story short, news articles, forum members ect dubbed Peyton followers 'Broncolts' so instead of fighting the label, I embraced it.

There where alot of folks that where hammered for openly following Peyton, so I went out on a limb, changed my name, and did it knowing I was supporting a legend in Denver while keeping my Colts fan status. ;)

thanks for the feedback, and great story about you embracing the name . . . It must be tough to be just a fan of the player and not team, expecially when the player is a key component of the team and perhaps was one of your favorite players . . .

for me if Brady left and went to another team i would still be a fan of him but would cheer for the team he is playing on and would embrace the team . . . indeed I am a fan of the Chiefs, cause of matt cassell, and wish them well and are happy they are doing well even if cassel is not from game to game . . . i still have my historical favorites teams skins and pats, but also a fan of the Chiefs . . . i for one can't separate the two, the qb from the team . . . that is just me . . .

Okay, this might sound like a dumb question GOPats. I will admit it, but is it more dangerous climbing down a mountain vs climbing up one? My guess would be fatigue sets in, as you come down in elevation if you do it too quickly your organs might be able to handle the change in pressure and oxygen levels, and then there is always the danger of twisting an ankle or knee as you move or repel downhill too fast...

If I am way off base here, just tell me...I find this kind of information/stuff fascinating and I enjoy learning about the authentic reality of the situation personally. Naturally, the height of the mountain affects the difficulty of the climb and the inherent dangers contained therein I presume. Thanks for indulging me and answering my question/questions GoPats. I really appreciate it. Thanks! :thmup:

Oh sure... the majority of serious mountaineering accidents happen on the descent. There are a lot of reasons for that, but the main one is fatigue. A lot of times, climbers use up all of their energy going up, and don't leave enough gas in the tank for heading down. As my climbing hero, American Ed Viesturs, says, "it's a round-trip."

Gravity also plays a role for sure! It's just inherently easier to climb up a steep slope than to climb down it. If you're not in a rappel, it's also quite tricky at times. Gravity is trying to pull you down so it's a matter of maintaining your footing and just being careful at spots where there's any kind of exposure (generally "exposure" in climbing refers to the distance you'd fall if you fell).

Re-acclimating to lower elevations, though, is nothing like you described. It's possible for people to climb too high too fast, but as far as descending goes, it's not like scuba diving where you have to readjust to the pressure. In fact, for anyone who is suffering from any kind of altitude related maladies (cerebral or pulmonary edema - where your brain or lungs, respectively, are drowning in your own fluids), the best treatment is to get them down to a lower elevation as quickly as possible.

It's really quite amazing, from a biological standpoint, how the body adjusts to altitude. Many climbers - hundreds - have ascended Everest without using supplemental oxygen. It was first done in the mid-80s by a guy named Reinhold Messner, an Italian who was also the first guy to climb all 14 of the world's mountains that are 8,000 meters or higher (around 26,000').

But if you were instantly transported from sea level to the summit of Everest, you'd be unconscious within a minute, and dead within 10. The body has its limitations. If Everest was even another 5,000 higher, it would probably not be possible for humans to climb it without using oxygen. Just so happens the highest point on our planet is right about at the limit for what the human body can endure.

Of course the NE O is a bad matchup for just about any team I realize this. The one team I am curious to see vs. them is SF.

Except the Giants. (That hurt to say but it's true!)

The NE/SF game in a couple of weeks will be a fun one. I'm glad it's at Gillette. They have Houston and San Fran six days apart, so... make or break stretch in the schedule there.

Read an interesting stat last night...

Heading into the 2012 season, for the duration of their respective careers, Brady's defenses have given up 17.8 points/game, while Manning's have given up 21.4 (I may be off on the tenths there, but I'm sure about the 17 and 21).

Averages are just that - averages - but I thought that was interesting. I wouldn't have guessed it was that close.

(And by now I hope you know I'm not an anti-Manning guy... he's made my "Rival Pantheon" with Jeter, Magic Johnson, and a handful of other guys who are just too darn good to dislike.)

Oh sure... the majority of serious mountaineering accidents happen on the descent. There are a lot of reasons for that, but the main one is fatigue. A lot of times, climbers use up all of their energy going up, and don't leave enough gas in the tank for heading down. As my climbing hero, American Ed Viesturs, says, "it's a round-trip."

Gravity also plays a role for sure! It's just inherently easier to climb up a steep slope than to climb down it. If you're not in a rappel, it's also quite tricky at times. Gravity is trying to pull you down so it's a matter of maintaining your footing and just being careful at spots where there's any kind of exposure (generally "exposure" in climbing refers to the distance you'd fall if you fell).

Re-acclimating to lower elevations, though, is nothing like you described. It's possible for people to climb too high too fast, but as far as descending goes, it's not like scuba diving where you have to readjust to the pressure. In fact, for anyone who is suffering from any kind of altitude related maladies (cerebral or pulmonary edema - where your brain or lungs, respectively, are drowning in your own fluids), the best treatment is to get them down to a lower elevation as quickly as possible.

It's really quite amazing, from a biological standpoint, how the body adjusts to altitude. Many climbers - hundreds - have ascended Everest without using supplemental oxygen. It was first done in the mid-80s by a guy named Reinhold Messner, an Italian who was also the first guy to climb all 14 of the world's mountains that are 8,000 meters or higher (around 26,000').

But if you were instantly transported from sea level to the summit of Everest, you'd be unconscious within a minute, and dead within 10. The body has its limitations. If Everest was even another 5,000 higher, it would probably not be possible for humans to climb it without using oxygen. Just so happens the highest point on our planet is right about at the limit for what the human body can endure.

Thanks GoPats,

You do an exceptional job of explaining foreign subject matter to neophyte amateurs like yours truly without making them feel foolish. Thanks for the brief history lesson about Reinhold Messner too! The scuba gear diving analogy was a good one as well. You sure are well versed in climbing GOPats. :thmup: You know exactly what you are talking about. Although, when I think of exposure, I think of a photography and a dark room or celebrity fame not "the distance you'd fall if you fell." Ouch man...Just Kidding my friend. ;)