Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No one is talking about Brady for MVP

Snowglobe

Rex Ryan is a talented DC, but I agree 100% JJ just like his daddy Buddy...Rex can't be stopped from putting his foot in his mouth. Ironic when you consider that foot fetish fiasco a few years back.

There was one time I admired a Ryan loud mouth. That was before the SB when the Patriots played the Bears. Buddy Ryan said no way will NE score and win. I think everyone knew it too...the 1985 Bears 46 defense was just that good.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the Broncos beating either the Patriots or the Texans. The Patriots won with ease, despite your protestations. As JJ and I have both said, neither one of us felt one bit of alarm throughout that entire game. Easiest game perhaps ever against a Manning-led team.

Yet another delusional Pats fan.. suprise.. See ya in the playoffs on our way to the Superbowl.

There was one time I admired a Ryan loud mouth. That was before the SB when the Patriots played the Bears. Buddy Ryan said no way will NE score and win. I think everyone knew it too...the 1985 Bears 46 defense was just that good.

No argument there JJ. Buddy Ryan, just like his son Rex, was a great DC, but as an HC not so much IMO.

http://youtu.be/T5KFiihsiNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY7nAGRuW0E&feature=share&list=ULEY7nAGRuW0E

ouch, Dent was just nasty.

I watched a lot of their games because the were on national TV the more they won. As one who enjoys a great defense that was amazing.

Only Marino beat them :)

good utubes. thanks

No problem JJ...Getting beat by Marino is nothing to be ashamed of. Dan had the quickest QB release in football & he also had great accuracy too.

haha Yeah, you gotta love Dent & Singletary's relentless pursuit & toughness. It was spectacular to watch that's for sure. :thmup:

Some nice memories there Barry. Just don't ask me to eat a bunch of Maine lobster & then go out on a large fishing yacht with ya immediately afterward. Thanks. Hey, maybe we will see horror author Stephen King & box office actor Matt Damon there too. Damon was great in those Jason Bourne movies!

That Yacht post eat trip would kill me too , See below Re Stephen King, & Bourne is greatstuff, as was original with richard chamberlin I believe

Talking about great movie remakes, Scareface was originally a 1930/s movie I believe, was on satelitte direct tv 1 time

The last MVP to win a Super Bowl was Kurt Warner in 1999. Peyton can have the MVP and Brady can have his 4th SB. :)

Hey southwest, you'll have to come to my neck of the woods to see Stephen King. He lives just a few miles from me. :eek:

My Brothers, Brother in law has Produced some of his movies , at least years ago, havent spoken to him on what hes been working on in last few years or with whom

He even got my cousin to make a cameo appearance at start of 1 while she was in school for her resume afterwards many many years ago

Way to small a world, My Childhood friend now lives in Dover, In Past was Sherborn , PHi Beta Kappa MIT in 3 years in the late mid to 1970's , wife as her masters or Doctorate from MIT in geological enginering

Climbed Maine's Baxter state parks in Mointains bad slope called the cathedral in my healthy youth, great memories

Very cool Barry!

The peak in Baxter State Park is called Mt. Katahdin... my favorite mountain in the Northeast. It's the highest point in Maine and, due to its elevation (despite being inland), it's the place in the US that receives the very first rays of sunlight each day. On a clear day, visibility can top out at over 100 miles. The Cathedral Trail (the route you took as noted) is quite a challenging hike! This pic is from a subsidiary summit (Pamola) looking at the Knife Edge that traverses over to Baxter Peak (main summit).

katahdin_knife_edge_2.jpg

Here's a view down from around this spot...

katahdin_ponds.jpg

And in winter, it's not only a 20+ mile trip in (on skis, usually pulling a sled), but it necessitates some technical gear! This was taken on the Cathedral Trail itself, during a heavy ice year.

n1573772302_30190217_878309_zpsae1af71c.jpg

Yet another delusional Pats fan.. suprise.. See ya in the playoffs on our way to the Superbowl.

Brady's last three games against the Broncos, all of which have occurred within the past 12 months:

12/18/11 - Patriots 41, Broncos 23

23/34, 320 yards, 2 TDs no INTs

1/14/12 - Patriots 45, Broncos 10

26/34, 363 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT

10/7/12 - Patriots 31, Broncos 21

23/31, 223 yards, 1 TD, no INTs

Manning does make a difference (in terms of Denver being able to keep up), but he doesn't play corner-back, and Brady owns the Broncos' defense.

Cumulative stats in those three games?

72/99, 906 yards, 9 TDs, 1 INT

That, friend, is pure own-age. Not delusional in the least.

The Texans scare me 10 times more than the Broncos do. The Patriots' history against Houston is not great, and offensively they're just a lot more balanced and dynamic than any other team in the AFC besides New England.

Very cool Barry!

The peak in Baxter State Park is called Mt. Katahdin... my favorite mountain in the Northeast. It's the highest point in Maine and, due to its elevation (despite being inland), it's the place in the US that receives the very first rays of sunlight each day. On a clear day, visibility can top out at over 100 miles. The Cathedral Trail (the route you took as noted) is quite a challenging hike! This pic is from a subsidiary summit (Pamola) looking at the Knife Edge that traverses over to Baxter Peak (main summit).

And in winter, it's not only a 20+ mile trip in (on skis, usually pulling a sled), but it necessitates some technical gear! This was taken on the Cathedral Trail itself, during a heavy ice year.

THANKS , & Great Shots

I I do remember that name Mt. Katahdin now that u mention it ,

think i remember something about a knifes edge but not sure exactly what

what I remember was at the top, if I have the correct mountain, as climbed some others, the very top a series of rocks piled up so would be exactly a mile,

(( Didnt see Peyton there though as was before he was at mile high., -- yeah bad wit, infact no wit )

We sleep the night before in a VOLVO with over 200,000 miles on it until the Park opened the next day that we used for traveling around New England after some Dead Concerts in Providence & Boston I believe

also have great memories of just driving around New England and driving threw these still existing creaking wooden covered bridges and walking across some great scenic brooks, still have picture of my friend *& I standing in middle of 1 on huge rock and then with all 4 of our legs supported by 4 rocks as we hold eachother from falling

& tons of rocks stacked up in many places as if to form a defensive wall wherever I seemed to go

THANKS ,

think i remember something about a knifes edge but not sure

what I remember was at the top, if I have the correct mountain, as climbed some others, the very top a series of rocks piled up so would be exactly a mile,

(( Didnt see Peyton there though as was before he was at mile high., -- yeah bad wit, infact no wit )

also have great memories of just driving around New England and driving threw these still existing creaking wooden covered bridges and walking across some great scenic brooks, still have picture of my friend *& I standing in middle of 1 on huge rock

& tons of rocks stacked up in many places as if to form a defensive wall wherever I seemed to go

The summit "cairn" (a cairn is a pile of rocks, basically, used to mark the route for climbers in bad visibility) is at 5,269', just shy of a mile (5,280').

Katahdin holds the distinction of being the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail (AT). Most hikers go south-to-north. They start out on Springer Mountain in Georgia and end, about 2200 miles later, at Katahdin. I through-hiked (term for completing the entire trail) from April-September 1995. Aside from the births of my two children, and I suppose the day I was married (in case Mrs. GoPats is checking on me), the happiest moment of my life may have taken place on top of that mountain! LOL...

The summit "cairn" (a cairn is a pile of rocks, basically, used to mark the route for climbers in bad visibility) is at 5,269', just shy of a mile (5,280').

Katahdin holds the distinction of being the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail (AT). Most hikers go south-to-north. They start out on Springer Mountain in Georgia and end, about 2200 miles later, at Katahdin. I through-hiked (term for completing the entire trail) from April-September 1995. Aside from the births of my two children, and I suppose the day I was married (in case Mrs. GoPats is checking on me), the happiest moment of my life may have taken place on top of that mountain! LOL...

Remember That ,Ie its trails end

I climbed few others but Baxter sticks out as was just 1 great trip

I edited in as u were answering

We sleep the night before in a VOLVO with over 200,000 miles on it until the Park opened the next day that we used for traveling around New England after some Dead Concerts in Providence & Boston I believe

Doing that whole trail must have been intense

I was pretty much showing off my Cheshire Grin to when got to the top

I really miss the east coast and NY / New England in particular

But wont ever move while Mom is here though eventually , ( & I mean years away likely nearing when I need help similar to what moms need but before i get that bad ) may go near Richmond Va as thats where my great nephew & niece live & Brother will move to when he retires so can be near grand-kids and my other Nephew just quit job in Cleveland and will be moving there near his brother as well, hes lucky, quite skilled and intelligent & can quit and know will get another job

THANKS , & Great Shots

think i remember something about a knifes edge but not sure exactly what

also have great memories of just driving around New England and driving threw these still existing creaking wooden covered bridges and walking across some great scenic brooks, still have picture of my friend *& I standing in middle of 1 on huge rock and then with all 4 of our legs supported by 4 rocks as we hold eachother from falling

I live in Mass work in Providence but spend a lot of time in Maine (work and pleasure) in fact I'm heading downeast in the morning. Was that Providence Dead concert years ago the one where everyone just stopped their cars on I-95 turning it into a parking lot and jumped the fence to get to the Civic Center? I was at the Orpheum Theater in Boston last Saturday for the Ray Lamontagne show and realized I hadn't been there in about twenty years for a Dead show...where does the time go?

How is it delusional to say a team would lose to two teams whom the've already lost to this season? Seems fairly logical.

PS - I'm back. Oh yeah.

I live in Mass work in Providence but spend a lot of time in Maine (work and pleasure) in fact I'm heading downeast in the morning. Was that Providence Dead concert years ago the one where everyone just stopped their cars on I-95 turning it into a parking lot and jumped the fence to get to the Civic Center? I was at the Orpheum Theater in Boston last Saturday for the Ray Lamontagne show and realized I hadn't been there in about twenty years for a Dead show...where does the time go?

Thosse concerts were back in the 70,'s 80,. & part of 90's till got to disabled to travel , esp after moving to MICH in 1980 and then disabled progressively in 88 -- also hit the garden for all 12 shows in a row every sept unless went to Jersey instead of the graden

I didnt drive , may have beemn a pile up , i cant remember that and would of been in an uncaring state back then as long as got in seat for 1st note

only seen Dead a good 400 shows , partied backstage with them at Stonybrook GYM University after concerts too in the late 60's or early 70's and lost a girlfriend 1 of those night to opening act of NRPS new riders of purple sage when Spenser Dryden , ex drummer for the airplane, was their drummer and dragged off my girlfriend

When Grace Slick was Pregnant I cant tell u the amount of times she almost tripped over an electric quitar or other cord

Meanwhile 1 of her pregnant concerts had an opening act of a then unheard of Cat Stevens ( 1st album just about to come out if remember right ) and no one wanted him off the stage so he played long and airplane played long

Lets say Barry wasnt always in perfect mind at all these concerts to remember all correctly

will say one of the most memorable times were these 2 , Crying after hearing Morning Dew & St Stephen by the dead for 1st time in 10 years at least and by then could afford to scalp 10th row dead center seats for all concerts - 10th to 15th row best sound and great view

Other memorable concert moment WHO at Stonybrook GYM around 1970 playing the Tomy album and I sat 10 feet from these monstrous speakers and when My Name Is Uncle Ernie was shouted out in a high pitched voice by a jumpong Townshend I thought my eardrums blew, and they were use to loud noises too

For all i have heard my ears hear fine only righjt down @ 4,000 cycles just a bit

Went to to many more concerts , venues & groups than can probably remember

Doing that whole trail must have been intense

I was pretty much showing off my Cheshire Grin to when got to the top

Wow, 200K... I'm betting you drove around with a case of oil in the back! :thmup:

Although I've spent most of my time climbing in NH (I'm from the White Mountains region), Maine is probably my favorite state in New England. Don't know if you ever made it up to Acadia, but one of the most breathtaking places I've been, and I've been to a few!

Speaking of delusional... the Broncos barely beat one of the worst teams in the NFL in KC.

Let's refresh your memory: the Patriots were up 31-7, and took their foot off the gas pedal.

31-7. It wasn't even a contest.

Wow, 200K... I'm betting you drove around with a case of oil in the back! :thmup:

Although I've spent most of my time climbing in NH (I'm from the White Mountains region), Maine is probably my favorite state in New England. Don't know if you ever made it up to Acadia, but one of the most breathtaking places I've been, and I've been to a few!

No I didnt, I dont think but may have, think I once went to Bar Harbpor Maine but really not sure , but maybe that was something else, just know as was my friends playground as he lived in Mass he was the driver & tour guide

I just enjoyed it all each rime

, Med school cancelled much free time save for concerts, Nice though , do know of it

The car was my friends and it died with over 250,000 miles on it

That Yacht post eat trip would kill me too , See below Re Stephen King, & Bourne is greatstuff, as was original with richard chamberlin I believe

My Brothers, Brother in law has Produced some of his movies , at least years ago, havent spoken to him on what hes been working on in last few years or with whom

He even got my cousin to make a cameo appearance at start of 1 while she was in school for her resume afterwards many many years ago

Way to small a world, My Childhood friend now lives in Dover, In Past was Sherborn , PHi Beta Kappa MIT in 3 years in the late mid to 1970's , wife as her masters or Doctorate from MIT in geological enginering

Very cool Barry!

katahdin_ponds.jpg

Wow, GoPats! Your rock climbing adventures are very entertaining & those photos you included are really awesome!!! I have always admired the rugged individualism of rock climbers. It must be so quiet, peaceful, & tranquil way up there just you, mother nature, & the elements. A good way to clear one's head. Although, a person must maintain incredible focus & alertness too of weather patterns, elevation issues, & body chemistry reactions in the thin air with less & less oxygen. Beautiful pictures there my friend!

Bayone,

You sure come from a bright family of dedicated individuals...MIT graduates, doctors, & Stephen King film producers...My friends that I meet on here are so diverse & well traveled...It is very cool! :dancing: :thmup:

Bayone,

You sure come from a bright family of dedicated individuals...MIT graduates, doctors, & Stephen King film producers...My friends that I meet on here are so diverse & well traveled...It is very cool! :dancing: :thmup:

To be clear my childhood friend ( justspoke to him last wekend is MIT Grad Phi Beta Kappa )

My brother is a TOP diagnostic Radiologist & was ypoungest ever at his hosp to be chief of vstaff, he turned down being head of vradiology at columbia & NYU and was senor, TOP resident at NYU his brother in law , that is my sister in law, my brothers wife's brother is a movie producer

My nephews are 1. Lawyer In M & A, got an offer out of the blue from a firm similar to R Tom Cruise in the firm at start of his 3rd year as they heard of his summer work once for attorney general of NY , the other for Mayor Bloomberg of NYC

& 2 Medical researcher with multiple degrees , is head of running research labs with stem cells, to find blood replacement in battlefield conditions as is army grant , another grant is for a bone substitute for surgery of a new type etc etc other , he recently put in his papers saying he will quit as wants to move to where his brother lives as will my brother when he retires,He knows he will have a choice of jobs when he feels like getting one . He was only person ever to be allowed to run a reasearch lab at the Cleveland clinic & be allowed to go for his doctorate at the same time, though he later decided a few other master degrees would be better instead

The reason why my dad taught special ed & wasnt a Dr , was 1 of 16 kids, 13 lived 3 still botn, he was the 12th of the living born 1910 to immigrant parents

Each sibling worked during daay & went to sschool at night so could put next younger one into law or med or some professional school, so my dad helped put his kid brother threw law scj hool -- now that is cool for an immigrant family with little means that escaped Russia in early 1900's

katahdin_ponds.jpg

Hey, GoPats! I'll bet you send out the most spectacular Christmas cards to your friends & family every year too. Just don't leave your digital camera at the top of the mountain peak though. haha Oh bleep! I left my camera up there & now I have to go back up & get it...Darn it! Verizon Wireless, the cell phone company, should pay you handsomely to test their reception up there to IMO...

Just make sure you always tell a friend, family member, or loved one where you are going when you go rock climbing; I don't want to see you in a dilemma critically injured & nobody knows where you are my friend.

Brady has been the only unanimous choice in league history and that's not going to change this year. You make a good case for Manning as Comeback Player of the Year.

The year that Brady was the unanimous choice was the same year that this board still had Manning as the "clear" MVP. Brady shattered all kinds of records that year and it was the most incredible offensive performance in NFL history and Colts fans still were like "Manning is the clear MVP!"

I've just stopped arguing at this point ha, its like a Cult following for him at this point its beyond ridiculous. Brady and Manning's numbers are nearly identical this year with the exception that Manning has thrown 3x as many interceptions. The Broncos offense is solid, they have a great offensive line and they have a lot of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, including the young stud Demarius Thomas. Their defense is also great, and they have 2 premiere pass rushers which fits right in with the style of offense that can score quickly and build early leads.

Brady has literally carried this team on his back for the last several years, including to the Super Bowl last year with one of the worst defenses ever... He has to score 30+ points a game to win because the defense can give up 25 easily. He's exactly where Manning was way back, putting up crazy stats because he HAS to because his D is so bad. Fortunately the defense is young and are starting to gel a little, but with Chandler Jones injured and now Jermaine Cunningham suspended 4 games, their pass rush is basically gone. They'll probably go to 3-4 or something until they get some guys back healthy.

The Patriots have been ravaged with injuries all year long and they're still pulling out impressive and dominant wins. Gronkowski went down and people were asking if they would be in trouble now.. The answer is no, they are never in trouble with Brady at the helm because he makes everyone around him that much better. Its why a Wes Welker can come to the Pats and he can lead the league in receiving for 5 straight years, or how a rookie TE can come on board and break the single season TD record for a TE by a rookie, then break the all time TD record the following year. Its why a player like Randy Moss can come on board and break the single season TD record for a WR, or why a TE like Hernandez can excel so well in the offense. Brady can make good players great, hes a special player and he rarely gets his due on this board. Everyone talks about Manning, Manning, Manning, MVP, Manning.. then scoff at the idea that Brady is even considered for the award.. Its completely ridiculous.. What day do you all get together and drink from the punch bowl?

Okay, this might sound like a dumb question GOPats. I will admit it, but is it more dangerous climbing down a mountain vs climbing up one? My guess would be fatigue sets in, as you come down in elevation if you do it too quickly your organs might be able to handle the change in pressure and oxygen levels, and then there is always the danger of twisting an ankle or knee as you move or repel downhill too fast...

If I am way off base here, just tell me...I find this kind of information/stuff fascinating and I enjoy learning about the authentic reality of the situation personally. Naturally, the height of the mountain affects the difficulty of the climb and the inherent dangers contained therein I presume. Thanks for indulging me and answering my question/questions GoPats. I really appreciate it. Thanks! :thmup:

Least we forget that Brady BEAT Manning and the Broncos this year. He totally outperformed Manning in that game, I was at the stadium watching that game and it was close until about half time, then the Patriots controlled the rest of the game. Brady is the ultimate game manager, and anyone who suggests that they run up the score is literally just bitter and spiteful.

Look at the Patriots game on THanksgiving against the Jets... The Patriots scored 21 points in FIFTY TWO SECONDS. Yea, you read that correctly... 21 points in 52 seconds. So as Belichick has stated many times "Don't talk to me about leads in this league." Grown men paid millions of dollars are suppose to stop them from scoring and owe it to their fan base and for their own self respect to try and stop them.

Oh, lets not forget that there is this thing called a TIE BREAKER, which guess what, involves total points scored in various forms... So please, enough with the 5 year old running up the score talk. You better come to play for 60 minutes against the Patriots, because if you don't they'll roll you over and they wont stop until the final quarter ends. Thats the way it should be, this is the NFL, fans are paying hundreds upon hundreds of dollars to go to these games and watch the PRODUCT on the field, and guess what, thats exactly what the NFL and their teams are, PRODUCTS! It is for ENTERTAINMENT! Entertainment that costs A LOT of money and is a billion dollar industry... So take the loser mentality about running up the score and being sensitive to people's feelings and yada yada yada back to Pop Warner where it belongs.

The year that Brady was the unanimous choice was the same year that this board still had Manning as the "clear" MVP. Brady shattered all kinds of records that year and it was the most incredible offensive performance in NFL history and Colts fans still were like "Manning is the clear MVP!"

I've just stopped arguing at this point ha, its like a Cult following for him at this point its beyond ridiculous. Brady and Manning's numbers are nearly identical this year with the exception that Manning has thrown 3x as many interceptions. The Broncos offense is solid, they have a great offensive line and they have a lot of weapons on the offensive side of the ball, including the young stud Demarius Thomas. Their defense is also great, and they have 2 premiere pass rushers which fits right in with the style of offense that can score quickly and build early leads.

Brady has literally carried this team on his back for the last several years, including to the Super Bowl last year with one of the worst defenses ever... He has to score 30+ points a game to win because the defense can give up 25 easily. He's exactly where Manning was way back, putting up crazy stats because he HAS to because his D is so bad. Fortunately the defense is young and are starting to gel a little, but with Chandler Jones injured and now Jermaine Cunningham suspended 4 games, their pass rush is basically gone. They'll probably go to 3-4 or something until they get some guys back healthy.

The Patriots have been ravaged with injuries all year long and they're still pulling out impressive and dominant wins. Gronkowski went down and people were asking if they would be in trouble now.. The answer is no, they are never in trouble with Brady at the helm because he makes everyone around him that much better. Its why a Wes Welker can come to the Pats and he can lead the league in receiving for 5 straight years, or how a rookie TE can come on board and break the single season TD record for a TE by a rookie, then break the all time TD record the following year. Its why a player like Randy Moss can come on board and break the single season TD record for a WR, or why a TE like Hernandez can excel so well in the offense. Brady can make good players great, hes a special player and he rarely gets his due on this board. Everyone talks about Manning, Manning, Manning, MVP, Manning.. then scoff at the idea that Brady is even considered for the award.. Its completely ridiculous.. What day do you all get together and drink from the punch bowl?

JerodMayo51,

You make some excellent points there & I cannot refute anything you said regarding Tom Brady's greatness or the Patriots domination the vast majority of this season. I have always stood up for Tom Brady. Heck, I even created a blog post on this site called "The Grey Hoodie, Bill Belichick, & the Patriot Way." See link below:

Not every Colts fan on here despises the NE Patriots. Please remember that. Are they jealous of their success? Absolutely. But, unlike many bloggers on here, I truly believe in Belichick's brilliance & that NE has earned all their SB trophies fair & square. I even said that I'm fine with Brady winning the MVP this year too. VL, Yehoodi, Flying Elvis, GOPats, JJ, Bayone, Snowglobe, & all my friends will confirm this fact JerodMayo51.

I respect Peyton Manning and Tom Brady equally. Nice post BTW.

JerodMayo51,

You make some excellent points there & I cannot refute anything you said regarding Tom Brady's greatness or the Patriots domination the vast majority of this season. I have always stood up for Tom Brady. Heck, I even created a blog post on this site called "The Grey Hoodie, Bill Belichick, & the Patriot Way." See link below:

http://forums.colts....ay/#entry297422

Not every Colts fan on here despises the NE Patriots. Please remember that. Are they jealous of their success? Absolutely. But, unlike many bloggers on here, I truly believe in Belichick's brilliance & that NE has earned all their SB trophies fair & square. I even said that I'm fine with Brady winning the MVP this year too. VL, Yehoodi, Flying Elvis, GOPats, JJ, Bayone, Snowglobe, & all my friends will confirm this fact JerodMayo51.

I respect Peyton Manning and Tom Brady equally. Nice post BTW.

I simply added that Besides Brady BB gets credit too as he is capable of always finding special players for special in game situations which helps mitigate injuries and he has been able to manage depth at various positions well while maintaining the cap, Finally as far as running up the score , BB wisely uses that time to try said special formations and package's to see new ways to use players for non garbage time use so provides the team with a wealth of formations to use as needed, t running up the score isnt thus to run up the score but to find more efficient & new ways to utilize team player assets

I got criticized earlier in this post, at least I think was this post, maybe was another , when I said besides the above this year Pats have better run game than Denver and d is getting better , only because the person who singled that out didnt realize I was saying the D as u said is starting to gel, that is was getting better as the season continued, I never meant to say the D was better than denvers when Denver was being discussed in that comment

I also distinctly said I could live with and understand if Brady gets the MVP

We are all not totally irrational fans refusing to admit certain attributes but instead embrace them so please as SW1 says do realize many here fare in their opinions, biased yes but do try & be fare

1 last point JerodMayo51:

I have almost constantly stated that the Patriots are at the top of the NFL mountain right now & that when we can hang with the boys of Foxboro toe to toe then & only then will I truly deem the Colts back in Playoffs contention. NE brings out the best in us & their football franchise management wise from top to bottom is spectacular. The Colts will re-emerge, with tough competition from the Patriots, & I respect that & thank NE for that.

I also admire the tough resiliency of Peyton Manning coming back from 4 neck surgeries & defying the odds & father time right now. But, to be fair, Tom Brady coming back from his knee surgery in 2008 was pretty darn remarkable & amazing too. Both Manning & Brady are of equal significance to their respective NFL city's & franchises & I have profound respect for both men & their future HOF professional careers. Both men are incredibly bright, driven, & humble too.

Whoever wins the MVP...Brady or Manning...I am cool with just no Adrian Peterson please...Sorry, he doesn't deserve it. I wanna see Manning vs Brady in the Playoffs next year not now. I want #18 at full strength. If that means Brady wins his 4th SB in February...So be it...It's only a matter of time anyway IMO. Greatness cannot be denied.

Okay, this might sound like a dumb question GOPats. I will admit it, but is it more dangerous climbing down a mountain vs climbing up one? My guess would be fatigue sets in, as you come down in elevation if you do it too quickly your organs might be able to handle the change in pressure and oxygen levels, and then there is always the danger of twisting an ankle or knee as you move or repel downhill too fast...

If I am way off base here, just tell me...I find this kind of information/stuff fascinating and I enjoy learning about the authentic reality of the situation personally. Naturally, the height of the mountain affects the difficulty of the climb and the inherent dangers contained therein I presume. Thanks for indulging me and answering my question/questions GoPats. I really appreciate it. Thanks! :thmup:

I found it so but for this reason & I havent climbed the vc# of mountains Gopats has, my momentum going down had to be kept in check so not to go to fast and fall , alot depends on how steep it is going down, a mountain can have a variety of paths to choose from to help mitigate that, But yes the challenge to get up in a careful controlled manner is gone and emotions of joy set in reaching the summit, then u must rest and check those emotions and be as said careful still and not forget where u r or as said my issue was not going down to fast, it actually foretold my current situation as 1 disability component is I find it hard to stop , in fact had to get a device next to bed so when i get off I just dont keep going and eventually hit the wall. I cant tell u how many times I have done that till I found this thing just for that

I simply added that Besides Brady BB gets credit too as he is capable of always finding special players for special in game situations which helps mitigate injuries and he has been able to manage depth at various positions well while maintaining the cap, Finally as far as running up the score , BB wisely uses that time to try said special formations and package's to see new ways to use players for non garbage time use so provides the team with a wealth of formations to use as needed, t running up the score isnt thus to run up the score but to find more efficient & new ways to utilize team player assets

I got criticized earlier in this post, at least I think was this post, maybe was another , when I said besides the above this year Pats have better run game than Denver and d is getting better , only because the person who singled that out didnt realize I was saying the D as u said is starting to gel, that is was getting better as the season continued, I never meant to say the D was better than denvers when Denver was being discussed in that comment

I also distinctly said I could live with and understand if Brady gets the MVP

We are all not totally irrational fans refusing to admit certain attributes but instead embrace them so please as SW1 says do realize many here fare in their opinions, biased yes but do try & be fare

It really disturbs when people are so loyal to a team that they cannot acknowledge when another team does something well. Why cut off your nose to spite your face anyway? More than 1 blogger on this site has called me a cheerleader for the Texans or the Patriots. haha Real maturity displayed there genius [i am being sarcastic of course and not referring to anyone specifically]. What a load of elephant dung...What I can't say that Tom Brady is an exceptionally gifted QB or JJ Watt, from my alma mater, isn't a great DE and pass rusher? grow up...talent is talent despite the uniform a player wears. :facepalm:

Objectivity needs to be embraced and encouraged not shunned, mocked, and ridiculed. Tell me why you disagree with my point of view in a civilized manner don't just call me a traitor, stupid, and not a true team fan. Thank you. If a blogger respects me, I respect them...Simple as that. Also, if you're not well versed in football formations etc. just admit it and other respectable bloggers will be patient and help you learn more about this great game. Sorry you were criticized Barry. You didn't deserve that foolish behavior IMO. The present company on the site right now are all logical debaters and great people IMHO.

I found it so but for this reason & I havent climbed the vc# of mountains Gopats has, my momentum going down had to be kept in check so not to go to fast and fall , alot depends on how steep it is going down, a mountain can have a variety of paths to choose from to help mitigate that, But yes the challenge to get up in a careful controlled manner is gone and emotions of joy set in reaching the summit, then u must rest and check those emotions and be as said careful still and not forget where u r or as said my issue was not going down to fast, it actually foretold my current situation as 1 disability component is I find it hard to stop , in fact had to get a device next to bed so when i get off I just dont keep going and eventually hit the wall. I cant tell u how many times I have done that till I found this thing just for that

Thanks for your feedback back Barry. Yes, I could see a person lull themselves into a false sense of security repelling from a high mountain. Gravity may aid your decent now, but your speed and momentum also increases as well. I could see where stopping safely could pose a large problem or concern. Bouncing off a rock formation isn't the best way to stop either. It like telling a semi driver to stop with no brakes by bouncing the guard rail, building, and other cars...not a good idea...Momentum can be extremely dangerous no question.

With my disability, I can't always stop on a dime either. But, you do learn how to fall safely like a professional Hollywood stunt man though. So, I know exactly what you mean Barry. ;) :thmup:

It really disturbs when people are so loyal to a team that they cannot acknowledge when another team does something well. Why cut off your nose to spite your face anyway? More than 1 blogger on this site has called me a cheerleader for the Texans or the Patriots. haha Real maturity displayed there genius [i am being sarcastic of course and not referring to anyone specifically]. What a load of elephant dung...What I can't say that Tom Brady is an exceptionally gifted QB or JJ Watt, from my alma mater, isn't a great DE and pass rusher? grow up...talent is talent despite the uniform a player wears. :facepalm:

Objectivity needs to be embraced and encouraged not shunned, mocked, and ridiculed. Tell me why you disagree with my point of view in a civilized manner don't just call me a traitor, stupid, and not a true team fan. Thank you. If a blogger respects me, I respect them...Simple as that. Also, if you're not well versed in football formations etc. just admit it and other respectable bloggers will be patient and help you learn more about this great game. Sorry you were criticized Barry. You didn't deserve that foolish behavior IMO. The present company on the site right now are all logical debaters and great people IMHO.

I am sure when I rush things there are times i get things wrong & lead one astray , espp if write they were instead of they wern't etc and that may be the case, I have been critized only in a very slight # of instances & then reply back with explanation and not heard back usually after that so point was made in the end

U know I never have even been on a Denver forum , havent even looked at one, but as so many write on Colts I read them but with lomited time usually write now on Peyton for those still interested and give Denver injury updates and other Denver things i find relavent and are those that assume I no longer am a colt fan but a bronco & when told that it is the only thing that can irritate me as how can u give up on a team u followed for over 50 years just because 1 player is done. U can still follow that player when he has given u such joy but when u grow up with Unitas am i actually going to turn my back on the colts , or my Brooklyn Dodgders , with Duke Snyder Vs Mays Vs Mantle and pitching of koufax & dysdale & base stealing of maury wills , etc etc etc Man them bums moving was like colts moving just earlier & worse aasxwas only NY team I followed and I lived in Brooklyn,, 4 years 8 montrhs old and still traumatic

Oh man.. SMH i just refuse to even.. nah, i cannot comment. Just way too many ways to smack that down.

Honestly it's the truth. I know you are a Broncos fan but have you SEEN the Broncos D the last 3 times vs. NE? I mean seriously. Have you watched those games?

And Hernandez wasn't even there for this years game.

This NE O is a flat out bad matchup for the Broncos D until proven otherwise. How can you say differently? Of course the NE O is a bad matchup for just about any team I realize this. The one team I am curious to see vs. them is SF.

I don't care if the game is in Denver/NE or on a neutral field in North Dakota. The last 3 times the Pats have played the Broncos the Patriots offense has massacred the Broncos defense.

What makes this years Pats offense so difficult too is the ability to run the ball and stick with the run. Too many pass heavy teams give up on the road too soon. I don't see it as much with this years Pats. Balance is going to be the key to getting to the big one again. I have said it time and time again. Brady/Manning and heck even Rodgers/Brees are not going to throw their way to a title. We have seen them try before and fail.

You need to run the ball as well as have a good passing game. The Patriots/Texans have the most balanced offenses of the contenders from the AFC heading into the playoffs right now and it is proven by their performances against the Broncos too.

If Denver is gonna beat NE/Houston they sure as heck better run the football and run it well.You need to keep those balanced O's off the field.

This years Texans/Broncos game: Texans 131 rushing yards to the Broncos 52 rushing yards.

This years Broncos/Patriots game: Patriots 205 rushing yards to the Broncos 60 rushing yards.

Granted I know the Broncos were trying to come behind and win in both those games. But, realize they got flat out trampled on by the NE run game and the Texans were also balanced.

One of the problems with the Manning Colts too in the playoffs was getting the run game going or sticking with it even if it works IMO. The Broncos might not have issues running vs. the lesser teams in this league but if they play NE/Houston they will need some balance because both Houston/NE WILL bring balance.

Bob Sanders was named AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2007.

With Sanders, the 2006 Colts had the second best run defense in the playoffs with only 73.3 rushing yards allowed per game. Sanders went on to help the Colts, on the road, to their victory in Super Bowl XLI. Sanders made a pivotal play in the AFC title game against the Patriots. With the Patriots looking to clinch the game with a first down with under three minutes to play and holding a 34-31 lead, Sanders dove in front of Troy Brown and deflected the pass, forcing the Patriots to punt and giving Peyton Manning the chance to drive for the game winning touchdown. Sanders made a couple of key plays in the game against the Chicago Bears, forcing a fumble from running back Cedric Benson early in the game and intercepting quarterback Rex Grossman early in the 4th quarter after cornerback Kelvin Hayden intercepted Grossman on the previous drive with both picks helping seal the 29-17 win.

No, I didn't compile this list myself. I cut & paste it from Wikipedia after entering the google phrase 2006 Indianapolis Colts...

bob-sanders-2007.jpg

:Cry:

Honestly it's the truth. I know you are a Broncos fan but have you SEEN the Broncos D the last 3 times vs. NE? I mean seriously. Have you watched those games?

And Hernandez wasn't even there for this years game.

This NE O is a flat out bad matchup for the Broncos D until proven otherwise. How can you say differently? Of course the NE O is a bad matchup for just about any team I realize this. The one team I am curious to see vs. them is SF.

I don't care if the game is in Denver/NE or on a neutral field in North Dakota. The last 3 times the Pats have played the Broncos the Patriots offense has massacred the Broncos defense.

What makes this years Pats offense so difficult too is the ability to run the ball and stick with the run. Too many pass heavy teams give up on the road too soon. I don't see it as much with this years Pats. Balance is going to be the key to getting to the big one again. I have said it time and time again. Brady/Manning and heck even Rodgers/Brees are not going to throw their way to a title. We have seen them try before and fail.

You need to run the ball as well as have a good passing game. The Patriots/Texans have the most balanced offenses of the contenders from the AFC heading into the playoffs right now and it is proven by their performances against the Broncos too.

If Denver is gonna beat NE/Houston they sure as heck better run the football and run it well.You need to keep those balanced O's off the field.

This years Texans/Broncos game: Texans 131 rushing yards to the Broncos 52 rushing yards.

This years Broncos/Patriots game: Patriots 205 rushing yards to the Broncos 60 rushing yards.

Granted I know the Broncos were trying to come behind and win in both those games. But, realize they got flat out trampled on by the NE run game and the Texans were also balanced.

One of the problems with the Manning Colts too in the playoffs was getting the run game going or sticking with it even if it works IMO. The Broncos might not have issues running vs. the lesser teams in this league but if they play NE/Houston they will need some balance because both Houston/NE WILL bring balance.

OMG woman.. seriously I stopped at the part that said 'i know your a Broncos fan'. Because you really dont know. SMH

I've been on the Colts boards since the old original forum... First I saw you around was when Luck made his debut.

So it is clear to me you dislike anyone whom are Colts fans that openly support Peyton in Denver because anytime the Broncos are brought up, you discredit me and others as Colts fans and call us Broncos fans. To be directly clear, I am not a Broncos fan. I am a Colts fan that has a problem with the Peyton/Irsay situation and openly supports Peyton in Denver. I know greatness when I see it and that Peyton.. he's great.

Hopefully that clears that up for you or perhaps you will continue to throw some punches below the belt. Ya, I caught your post the other day about your issues with 'BronColt'.. Let it go Jules.

OMG woman.. seriously I stopped at the part that said 'i know your a Broncos fan'. Because you really dont know. SMH

I've been on the Colts boards since the old original forum... First I saw you around was when Luck made his debut.

So it is clear to me you dislike anyone whom are Colts fans that openly support Peyton in Denver because anytime the Broncos are brought up, you discredit me and others as Colts fans and call us Broncos fans. To be directly clear, I am not a Broncos fan. I am a Colts fan that has a problem with the Peyton/Irsay situation and openly supports Peyton in Denver. I know greatness when I see it and that Peyton.. he's great.

Hopefully that clears that up for you or perhaps you will continue to throw some punches below the belt. Ya, I caught your post the other day about your issues with 'BronColt'.. Let it go Jules.

Honest mistake. I thought you were a Broncos fan. I am not sure I have even seen you post in the Colts section before and when you said to a Pats fan, "See ya in the playoffs on our way to the Superbowl." I thought you were a Broncos fan. So forgive me, it seemed obvious to me but I guess not anymore.

Wow, people get so touchy.....

As for me, I had the most posts on this forum when the forums switched over a few years ago or so, not remembering me would be tough. Ask some of the Pats fans in this thread and many long term posters. From 2007 to maybe 2010 I posted like 50 times a day here lol. Under *Jules* instead of Jules. Jules has posted on many Colts forums since 2005/2006.

I don't know who you used to be. I apologize. I rejoined this forum again in January or so after looking for a place to post full time again.

I see you have no interest in responding to my issues on the running game and either the Broncos D vs. Pats O too in 3 straight meetings. You want to stick your fingers in your ears and yell la la la Pats suck Peyton rules and thats about it.

So trying to have a conversation with you is a waste of my time. I see Pats fans already owned you enough times so I should not have bothered.

So from now on I might end up ignoring all your posts since you never say anything but complete homerism for the team you "don't" root for anyway.

You told me to "let it go". Well, let go of your grudge with the offseason decisions then. Thats JMO.

As for MVP these things are often decided by the halfway point anyway it seems to me. It's a lot of media in it too.

Look at last season. Brees started to dominate too late to get MVP? What happened there. Rodgers started to fizzle out and Brees was on fire. But, many in the media were dead set for Rodgers which you saw clearly when Brees only got 4 whopping MVP votes even though Rodgers backup QB destroyed the Lions and set records in the final game.

Now I love Rodgers. But, 4 votes for Brees? Really? I think Brees could have thrown for 60 TDs, cured cancer at halftime of his final game of the season and flew across the field with wings and he might have not cracked 10 votes.

This year, I don't think anyone is truly "killing it" on a weekly basis. Or thats how I feel based on what I see around the league. I feel a few defenders are getting overlooked as well for MVP.

Manning likely does get it by years end. But, I suppose Brady could make it interesting if he lights up the Texans and 49ers. Brady might get more MVP consideration then Brees did last year. They don't like Brees but they will consider Brady.

It is Peyton's MVP to lose though. Unless he has games with multiple interceptions or they lose several we don't see coming it is going to Manning.