Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No one is talking about Brady for MVP

Snowglobe

whenever patriot fans realize they can't win the debate, they bring up the ringz

huh? snow didnt say a word about ringz? He said previous to the injury nefver said anything about ringz.

I also hate comparing stats, as a wise man told me "stats dont lie but statitions do!"

1st year back doesnt take into account O line play, receivers throwing to, .stength of D faced  etc. Brady had an excellent return in 2009, and Manning having an excellent return this year.

This all said I expect the Broncos to fold in the division round no matter who they face, their D is #8 but I think will be ripped apart AGAIN by a good QB. (Brady,rothlesburger, even Luck)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realize my point was that difficult.

Peyton hasn't beaten any great teams this season. Two of the Patriots' losses were to teams that have 9 wins.

Your point wasn't difficult. I completely "got" what you were saying. I should have added :sarcasm: after my statement,

I guess :?:

For the Record, I don't hate Brady, I don't even dislike him. I don't get your hatred towards Peyton.

It's no secret, I AM a huge

supporter of Peyton, and think it's awesome the year he is having, especially after all the talk of how he'd never throw again.

and back to the original topic, I guess people ARE talking about Brady now....

Your point wasn't difficult. I completely "got" what you were saying. I should have added :sarcasm: after my statement,

I guess :?:

For the Record, I don't hate Brady, I don't even dislike him. I don't get your hatred towards Peyton.

It's no secret, I AM a huge

supporter of Peyton, and think it's awesome the year he is having, especially after all the talk of how he'd never throw again.

and back to the original topic, I guess people ARE talking about Brady now....

LOL true, in annut shell I say this:

Broncos WITHOUT Manning still be a playoff team. (terrible division,good run game and decent D)

Pats without Brady THIS year ... FAIL make the playoffs (and we do not beat Texans,Colts, or anyone good with Mallett our D is average at best, and our run game only good because people fear Brady)

So of the TWO right now Brady more VALUABLE and important to his team and IMO the MVP..

Luck is by far the MVP. Way more so than Brady. By a country mile.

Brady has led his Super Bowl competing side to a minimum of 1 less victories this season. ONE LESS.

Luck on the other hand, has led a bunch of rookies to plus 7 more victories at least, and potentially 9 more.

The only stats that count are wins, yes? Because that is all I have been hearing for years on this forum. When we brought up Peyton's stats, all that mattered was Super Bowl WINS.

It is not hard to fathom this out really....no one comes close to the elevation that Andrew has brought to this team.

Griffin or Wilson can have the OROTY, but we have the real award safely in the bag.

Luck is by far the MVP. Way more so than Brady. By a country mile. Brady has led his Super Bowl competing side to a minimum of 1 less victories this season. ONE LESS. Luck on the other hand, has led a bunch of rookies to plus 7 more victories at least, and potentially 9 more. The only stats that count are wins, yes? Because that is all I have been hearing for years on this forum. When we brought up Peyton's stats, all that mattered was Super Bowl WINS. It is not hard to fathom this out really....no one comes close to the elevation that Andrew has brought to this team. Griffin or Wilson can have the OROTY, but we have the real award safely in the bag.

we must remember that the colts are not in the market for a QB, so the ah . . . lets just say . . . the ah . . . thrill of the win is more on the minds of the team and staff . . . plus Painter is not playing at QB . . .

i had the colts at a 6-10 win team before the season . . . with the base team being a 500 team/8 wins, and Luck adding plus or minus 2 wins . . . sp one gets 6-10 wins . . .

Luck has done a fantastic job and will very likely get an MVP down the road . . . but the 9 wins for the colts is not surprise to me . .. heck they had 10 wins 2 years ago with everyone injuried and with that coach everyone wanted to fire . . . so if they can get 10 wins two years ago, 9 wins this year is not real surpirse with a top level QB . . .

as for luck for MVP, he needs to do more that what is expected, just as the other canidates . . . be it 49 or 50 TDs, or 110+ passer rating, or this year maybe, a record for rushing yards . . .

Uh, no way. Absolutely not.

seeing that they were in the playoffs last year, and the team with the second best record would be tied for last place in the AFC East, what makes you so "absolutely" sure that the Broncos would not be in the playoffs with 6 games against those teams and with only needing 6 wins (that is 6-8 to date, below 500) to be leading the division . . .?

Gee heavens no.. nothings ever Bradys fault.. lmao he played like crap and so did the rest of the team. Get over it.

no some things are Brady's fault just like other QBs . . . and just like other QBs the INTs are sometimes 100% on the QB, of which TB has had his share this year, and some of the INTS are 50/50 and some are mostly on the WR/RB . . . it goes down as a stat on the QBs stats which is fair enough, as he can benefit from not getting an int when a WR breaks up a play, and also gets the pluses and minuses of TD and yards with the wr/te/rb helping and hurting at times - great catches/dropped balls/no or good YACS . . .

Getting back to the two ints in question, the first on was a missed PI call and the reason why Welker was not at the spot of the ball was that he was being held back, a point made by Collisworth, once the DB saw the ball coming down he let go of Welker, hardly TB's fault . . . with the second TB int, Hernandez had alligator arms causing the ball fly in the air and get pick . . . that was not TB fault, but it was on him for throwing to a TE sho just got clocked and my be a tad hesitant to reach into traffic . . . so his fault on the decision but not on the execution . . . he should not have thrown it . . . so that is on him . ..

as for playhing like crab, yes they all did in the first half, but they played solid in the second half, you can deny that no matter what color of the glasses you are wearing . . .

In fairness, with teams like SD, KC, and OAK in that division it's not a stretch to say Denver could still win that division at 8-8 with a mediocre QB.

Having said that, no chance in heck they even sniff 13-3 with a first round bye without Peyton.

yes, Peyton, as with all great QBs, will garnder 2-3 wins, imo, above that of a middle of the road QB . . . given that the Broncos are likely a 8-10 win team with a decent QB (tebow was 7-4 in the last 11 games for the team) it is no suprise that Peyton is spanking that division . . . altho I had them at the 3-4 seed, but NE and Balt have faulter more than I anticipated, so has opened the door for a well earned #2 seed for the broncos if they can hold on for two more weeks

haha.. lmao this is just hilarious. How did he fare?? Better than Brady did. I can just here Gesile.. 'my husband cant throw and catch the ball at the same time!!' haha

On another funny note.. Manning's stats and wins are far superior to Bradys when he was out for a year and came back. Yet Mannings on a whole new team.

you do realize that TB scored 4 TDs in the second half to tie the game . . . Did Manning bring his team back to tie the game late in the 4th . . . and also, TB score more points in that 4 consecutive TD possession stretch than the broncos scores in the entire games for each of those games against ATL, HOU and NE . . . and to top it off it was against the #1 defense in scoring . . . so not sure how you can come up with an opinion that PM played better than TB . . . regardless of wht you moght think TB tied the game late in the 4th . . .

ATL: Defense failed to get a stop to give the O the ball back.

HOU: Defense failed to get a stop to give the O the ball back.

NE: McGahee fumbled the ball on like NE's 20 yard line after Brady did a spinarooni for a -20 yard sack and fumble. Would have still needed an onside kick or defensive stop assuming Denver gets the TD there.

SF: Brady turns it over on downs at his own 20, setting up a game clinching field goal. The 49'ers go in to "prevent nothing" D again and give short stuff over middle over and over for an easy field goal for NE. NE doesn't get the onside kick, game over.

1st not getting in this debate, had enough already early on , just making a comment on something u left out

Re NE game, bellieve on Bronco first drive a bomb to DT was caught and as running to endzone around the 10 to 5 yard line  he was switching hands and no one touched him and fumbled it away, could of changed entire complexion of game 

if wasnt the NE gane & was falcons = a win, forgot what lost by in NE & Texans

u note McGahee fumbled at the 20, was closer to the goal line far more inside the redzone i belive 

howeever u also forgot as denver driving deep again in drive just before trhat on 3rd and 1 or 2 an easy throw 7 catch to Mcgahee , he dropped near the 1st down marker towards the sidelines with no one near him and easily would have gained good yardage and extend that drive as well, they may never of needed an onside kick

agaain not into thios debate, just commenting on what u k left out in that game

i liked belive i participated in this post in the earlier pages alot , though may have ben another one

but Brady, Peyton & ap all deserve recognition

So what exactly makes Tom Brady a system QB?

I am a peyton fan more than a Brady fan but am a fan of great football in general

but some arguments on both sides in this thread are just beyond my belief , they are both so utterly great I just delight in watching their magic , also    AP is this year

But just takling 1 argument & put things in  historical perspective, Braady did great in second half but didnt do enough to win inn the end is the argument if i am reading post right 

remember last Peyton Platyoff game and famous TO by Caldwell in playoffs, Manning brought team to a lead with little time left and colts allowed a klickoff return near the  50 for second one of game and then instead of letting a poor distance FG kicker try for a  the 50 yarder   when time running down Caldwell does a to , jets decide instead to run a play & get more 18  more yrads and easy fg kick for win

Now that was a d fault too

Us colt fans cant use 1 argument for peyton & reverse it for Brady if i am making my point clear 

I repeat  they are both so utterly great I just delight in watching their magic , also    AP is this year

again I am not picking sides hear and don't want to debate nor have the time, its early AM and right now can just add few comments before get real busy as havent commented for quite awhile

here is an interesting stat just sent to me

ESPN Stats & Info

#Vikings Adrian Peterson has 909 rushing yds AFTER CONTACT this season. Next-most is Doug Martin, 572

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/281159628140724225

again all 3 Peyton, TOM & AP  deserve   award but feel AP needs to break record & will & vikings need to keep playoff birth or he will lose d some deserved votes

Adrian Peterson should get MVP. Peyton and Brady have enough of a good supporting cast but without AP, they are not even knocking on the playoff door and without him, they dont go much farther because let us be honest, the Vikings' supporting cast is...not that much.

the consensus is that manning is a better qb and brady is a better system qb. patriot fans can argue all they want, but it doesn't change reality

that's why brady won't win mvp

There's the bait...

So what exactly makes Tom Brady a system QB?

And there's the fish!

Shakedown's just trolling you and having a little fun in his own special way.

This thread has actually gotten a little out-of-hand. There's no place for over-sensitivity in football. I swear, I've never understood this. I'm a huge Tom Brady fan, of course, but I don't align Tom Brady's accomplishments with my own personal peace-of-mind. I, as a fan, have nothing to do with his successes or failures. So if a rival fan discredits him somehow, why would I waste a fraction of a second caring about that?

Anyway...

Both Manning and Brady are worthy of the MVP this year, as is AP. But ultimately, who cares. The two seasons Brady won the MVP... well the first ended with 18-1 and the second ended with a one-and-done in the playoffs. It's a nice award and a good thing for a player to have on his resume, but at the end of the day it's fairly meaningless.

Per:  GoPats........

This thread has actually gotten a little out-of-hand.

Anyway...

Both Manning and Brady are worthy of the MVP this year, as is AP. But ultimately, who cares. The two seasons Brady won the MVP... well the first ended with 18-1 and the second ended with a one-and-done in the playoffs. It's a nice award and a good thing for a player to have on his resume, but at the end of the day it's fairly meaningless.

and I :agree:

btw,  I don't think any of us are voting on the award,  are we....?????   :facepalm:

and I :agree:

btw,  I don't think any of us are voting on the award,  are we....?????   :facepalm:

I'm still holding a grudge against the Associated Press about that. ;-)

You were one of my favorite posters BEFORE you agreed with me, so now you're never getting rid of me, lol. ;-)

Since when did it become the most valuable player between Brady and Manning award? Peterson has almost single handedly taken a 3-13 team to the brink of the play-offs, giving it to 12 or 18 is pure elitism. Brady is winning less games this season than last.

if the Colts win out, I'd say jumping 9 wins in his first season convincingly beats all QB's hands down.

Add me to that list.  And, I'm also a big fan of GoPats whom I always view as the voice of reason from the other side. 

Aww, thanks my friend. Same back to ya!

Since when did it become the most valuable player between Brady and Manning award? Peterson has almost single handedly taken a 3-13 team to the brink of the play-offs, giving it to 12 or 18 is pure elitism. Brady is winning less games this season than last.

if the Colts win out, I'd say jumping 9 wins in his first season convincingly beats all QB's hands down.

I'm thinking that too now, Wallace... big Brady-Manning debate, but AP will walk away with it! That would be a fitting end to the discussion methinks.  

I hope I'm still one of your favourite posters! If not, I will be very vexed indeed. Very.

Always, of course. You have been tolerating my presence as long as anyone!

Cheers to you and yours for the holidays. Hope Santa is good to you.

the MVP award is as bad as the golden glove award . . . a popularity contest . . . if one of the top 3 has the same numbers as one of the lesser players/QBs and the same record, the top 3 QB will get the award . . .

i do think it will be tough for AP to get the award . . . I think he needs to break the record . . . for the most part the award is given to a player on a division winner (this btw is my team element portion of the award) and sometimes to a WC team . . . and only very very rare cases a player on a non playoff team, interestingly i think the last one was OJ and his 2000 yards . . . we'll just have to wait and see . . .

the MVP award is as bad as the golden glove award . . . a popularity contest . . . if one of the top 3 has the same numbers as one of the lesser players/QBs and the same record, the top 3 QB will get the award . . .

i do think it will be tough for AP to get the award . . . I think he needs to break the record . . . for the most part the award is given to a player on a division winner (this btw is my team element portion of the award) and sometimes to a WC team . . . and only very very rare cases a player on a non playoff team, interestingly i think the last one was OJ and his 2000 yards . . . we'll just have to wait and see . . .

" A popularity contest." Exactly Yehoodi!  :thmup: 

Credentials or variety, why would the Associated Press ever want be unconventional & give the MVP Award to someone other than a traditional media darling right?  :thinking: