Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We couldnt block for B & B

oldunclemark

I also posted a topic about bringing the backs into the passing game. It would give Luck a few more completions rather than forced incompletions. His only completion to Brown went for a 23 yard gain. How many times do we need to see him break one before we start creating plays for this back! Ballard also has shown in the Tenessee game that he can make big plays in the passing game.

I also posted a topic about bringing the backs into the passing game. It would give Luck a few more completions rather than forced incompletions. His only completion to Brown went for a 23 yard gain. How many times do we need to see him break one before we start creating plays for this back! Ballard also has shown in the Tenessee game that he can make big plays in the passing game.

Manning used to be like that. too.....in his early days..

..and now he lives off the little 5-yard candy bar passes....They keep drives going and they set up the deep shots....

To be fair..Ballard dropped one....

..but remember the first play of Luck's career...the middle screen to Brown ...for a TD?

...can we see that a couple of times a game......its like a draw play..and if its dropped, its an incomplete..pass...no harm

Brown and Ballard....23 caries, 77 yards...combined.....

Not blaming them...There werent many holes...

I've whined about this before but I wish we'd throw little short passes to the backs

Luck done not like to 'check down', and take the little dump opffs....does he?

He'll learn

He'll learn fast too. It took a long time for Peyton to just take what they were giving him. (I hate always comparing them, but I'm just trying to point out that the great ones also have to learn patience)

He dumped off to Ballard today, it would have been a tough catch but it hit him in the hands and he dropped it. I agree though, remember the wheel route that Addai was so good at? I'd love to see them bring that back for Brown.

Brown and Ballard....23 caries, 77 yards...combined.....

Not blaming them...There werent many holes...

I've whined about this before but I wish we'd throw little short passes to the backs

Luck done not like to 'check down', and take the little dump opffs....does he?

He'll learn

They brought this point up on the broadcast. It could be that some of these "bad" calls by the coaches that some say we make with Luck going deep too often are more a result of Luck not checking down than the play call.

With that said you are a spot on the line did not do a good enough job blocking for the run today against the 31st ranked run defense in the NFL.

It does concern me a bit how easy it is the tell what the Colts are going to do between pass and run. I used to love how Manning would run the stretch and either give it to James to fake the defense out and hit Harrison long. Right now, when the Colts are going to run, they overload one side. When they are going to pass, they play three WRs. I do hope as the run game develops that Arians is setting a trap for the playoffs where they will play action out of run formations more.

It does concern me a bit how easy it is the tell what the Colts are going to do between pass and run. I used to love how Manning would run the stretch and either give it to James to fake the defense out and hit Harrison long. Right now, when the Colts are going to run, they overload one side. When they are going to pass, they play three WRs. I do hope as the run game develops that Arians is setting a trap for the playoffs where they will play action out of run formations more.

I'll say this I saw some plays where we tried to run play action and the Bills were just not bitting at all and they were just using the time it took to do the play fake to close on Luck and either presure him or sack him. I think they dumped the play action because it was not getting the results they wanted or needed today.