Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Covers Megatron?

Smonroe

Our best option is to bracket him with Davis and Bethea if Davis is healthy. But they have a lot of weapons on that offense. Broyles just had a huge week against the Texans. The thing with Detroit is you never know which team is going to show up. They are very inconsistent.

That's why I'm glad they lost. Hopefully they'll be discouraged since they're out of it.

That's why I'm glad they lost. Hopefully they'll be discouraged since they're out of it.

Getting knocked out of it makes them mad for awhile. They'll want some kind of revenge first. I'm not liking it. Maybe I'll be wrong... maybe.

Knowing Detroit, they'll be more like "Well, we are out of it. Might as well go and injure as many of their players as we can"

Probably Davis they said on the pre-game he was really close to playing today so I would expect him back next week.

For what it's worth today Gordy has a really nice game which means Gordy, Butler, and Vaughn have all looked games and looked bad in games which tells me the are all kinda enh players. Decent guys who aren't good enough to be long term starters but can have a nice game here or there during the season.

Probably Davis they said on the pre-game he was really close to playing today so I would expect him back next week.

For what it's worth today Gordy has a really nice game which means Gordy, Butler, and Vaughn have all looked games and looked bad in games which tells me the are all kinda enh players. Decent guys who aren't good enough to be long term starters but can have a nice game here or there during the season.

Yeah, no one got abused like against NE. Mainly because of the pressure. At least the game is indoor so our pass rush should be effective.

I would bracket him and play zone. Detroit is a curious team. They can look great at times, and really bad others. They are pretty much done playoff wise so I hope they have already "checked out" ...

I think the better option is to have Freeney and Mathis get to Stafford and not let him throw it to Megatron in the first place. No matter what coverage you play against Johnson he's going to make big plays if you can't get to Stafford. With that said if you get Stafford like any QB he'll make mistakes.

I've been hit and miss picking colts games this year, but I see a fairly close, moderately high scoring game. Somewhere in the vicinity of 31-28. I have to give the nod to the home team (Detroit), but like has been stated....just depends what Detroit team shows up. I think it will be an exciting game regardless.

might as well put a monkey out there to cover megatron because regardless this guy will get 140 yards and a td

If that's their only TD that would be great. A while back I posted 'who will cover Gronk'. The answer was no one, but they (NE) have more weapons and a great QB. Detroit has a good team, but very inconsistent.

This would be a good game for Fleener, Davis, and Chapman to play in.

Nobody "covers" Magatron , they more or less have to survive him

This is true. i mean if he was a RB... i would probably be more concerned. the guy has what 4 tds this year? i think its the approach of CJ will get his targets... we just can't let everyone else beat us. its like looking at Reggies numbers all these catches but 3 scores. but it's Hilton, Allen putting up the points we put too much focus on CJ we will see Young looking like Flash 80...

Nobody "covers" Magatron , they more or less have to survive him

That has shades of the classic Chuck Norris joke. That aside, I think the major key here is to put constant pressure on Stafford. Keep it coming from all sides and hopefully keep the ball in front of us. Megatron is a monster, but if we put all of our focus on him, we are in trouble.

That has shades of the classic Chuck Norris joke. That aside, I think the major key here is to put constant pressure on Stafford. Keep it coming from all sides and hopefully keep the ball in front of us. Megatron is a monster, but if we put all of our focus on him, we are in trouble.

Yep...Tony Schefler comes to mind...

Agree with everything you said.

All sides would imply a push up the middle - something we haven't really been able to do all year.

I really would love to see Chapman get some burn against Detroit. He was a virtual immovable force with

one bad wheel. Maybe he could actually get some push with two good ones?

I know he's playing against higher caliber linemen, and he's only going to be a spot player until he gets

into game condition, but if he could play on some downs he may be able to provide something we need this game.

-d.

Agree with everything you said.

All sides would imply a push up the middle - something we haven't really been able to do all year.

I really would love to see Chapman get some burn against Detroit. He was a virtual immovable force with

one bad wheel. Maybe he could actually get some push with two good ones?

I know he's playing against higher caliber linemen, and he's only going to be a spot player until he gets

into game condition, but if he could play on some downs he may be able to provide something we need this game.

-d.

Chapman was never really a 'pressure' type of player. He's more of a run stuffer who can make you use two linemen to occupy him.

I think we're in the 4-3 a lot more than the 3-4, but he has to be an upgrade over what we have.

Nobody. Just double team him at the line of scrimmage like you do with a gunner on special teams. :)

I know you're joking, but I wonder why we just don't hit him coming off the line. At least it would disrupt their timing. After bumping him, the S could then rush the line because he'd be useless in pass coverage at that point.

In reality, if he gets 150/2 TDs, it would be fine if we shut everyone else down.

I know you're joking, but I wonder why we just don't hit him coming off the line. At least it would disrupt their timing. After bumping him, the S could then rush the line because he'd be useless in pass coverage at that point.

In reality, if he gets 150/2 TDs, it would be fine if we shut everyone else down.

Dont give Stafford passing lanes. Megatron can be rendered less potent if we tip Stafford's balls or harass him in pass rush. That should be our No.1 goal. Make Mikel Leshoure beat us. I'd rather give Leshoure 70 yards than Megatron 150 yards.

Playing indoors on turf helps us as Freeney and Mathis are so much mofre effective on the faster fields.