Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians' playcalling is the problem

BProland85

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 100% Arians play calling. It's all on him. If he had adopted a more conservative play book for instance, then we would easily be 2-9.

There are some very very 'Manning Spoiled' fans on here. Very spoiled.

Maybe there is more Peyton bigotry still lying around this forum than we thought. Otherwise, it is unexplainable. Or perhaps some jealous eyes looking over at Washington, whilst forgetting to look at the standings.

Heck. Give me RG3 and 5-6 over 7-4 anytime.

If our current O Line would be so bad with a Zone Blocking scheme then why was every O Lineman on our roster originally drafted in a Zone Blocking scheme? clearly they arent that good in the Man Blocking scheme and weren't until Arians started using some Zone Blocking schemes. Whos to say none of those coaches woudl not come over to the Colts? Pagano did and look how good was with the Ravens. I agree that the blocking scheme is made by the HC in most cases (Thats what Arians has installed and hired a O Line coach to teach that) but that clearly has not worked out, none of our guys were in Man Blocking schemes in college and none of them were drafted into that except Anderson, If the players the Ravens had did not fit the Zone scheme then how did Rice rack up 3 straight 1000+ yard seasons with that scheme? Have you not seen Arians trying to fit a square peg into a round hole all season long? and that includes the Man Blocking scheme we have primarily used, Not being confrontational I just disagree about many of the points you made, you also say none of the guys I mentioned were unrealistic but did not give any reasons for any of them, The whole BB thing is a given so does not apply because he was not on the market

Arians didn't hire the o-line coach Pagano did so I am guessing they did it for a reason. You are trying to blame Arians for a coaching move that Pagano made. It's his staff not Arians. Frankly this stuff gets old you can dislike Arians all you want but say what you will but he is 6-2 since he took over as interim coach under some very difficult circumstances and this team is winning games they didn't win a year ago. He's doing something right.

Also I didn't say the zone system didn't work. I just said that the Colts weren't using it and my guess would be they don't think they have the players to fit it. I am sure if they did they would use it if they thought it was better than what they are doing now. i am sure the reason they aren't isn't because they didn't think of it. I know you don't agree with this based on your past comments about this subject but they know their personal better than we do and they are in a better spot to figure out how they should be used. Frankly I don't think it matters which system we use on the line I don't think we have good enough players there yet. I am sure if Pagano and the coaches thought that they had the personal needed to run a zone system and it was better than what they were doing they would just because the Ravens used it and Pagano was a coach there doesn't mean the Colts are going to use it here they don't have the Ravens players on the line. They have two guys that they pretty much developed in Castonzo and Reitz, an ex Raider and two ex Eagles. Those two ex Eagles had their fair share of struggles there maybe they didn't fit the zone system which could be part of the reason why the Eagles were willing to part with them. It could be the Colts know they players they have don't fit but they were the best they could get this off-season with limited cap space and are planning on overhauling the line after the season but they wanted to start putting their system in now and see if maybe they got lucky and found a guy who could play in a man system along the way. Again, I am sure there is a reason and I would be willing to bet it's not just because Arians doesn't want too what that exact reason is they only know.

As for the coaches that's my point about he coaches you named they weren't really on the market either. They all had jobs and frankly probably better jobs than what the Colts could offer at the time or at the very least the exact same job they would have had here. Do you really think the Texans OC was going to make a lateral move within the division to take over a team's offense going into what was thought to be a rebuilding mood when he has a team that is contending for the Super Bowl in Houston? You really think a guy is going to pass on coaching Aaron Rodgers just so he can go coach Andrew Luck when he was already on the Green Bay staff? No none of these guys were going to listen to the Colts if they called. Just because you throw out some names doesn't mean they were serious options. These guys were not because they already had jobs that were frankly better than what the Colts job looked like in the off-season.

1.Rick Dennison-Houston Texans O Coordinator, Zone Blocking scheme guy, Does a very good job of making many plays look different but are just variations of the same play on many occasions.

2.Marty Mornhinweg

3.Kyle Shanahan (Wont happen I dont think with Mike still coaching the Redskins)

4.Tom Clements

They all have one common theme, They all employ a Zone Blocking scheme and deal with fairly (but not spectacular) mobile QB's

First of all, I don't see Arians going anywhere which is a bit unfortunate.

Secondly, I would say the only one on that list that would be a legitimate option out of those 4 would be Mornhinweg, since he's on a staff that will likely be shown the door at the end of season, and based on his previous HC experience I do not see him being a possible hire as the next Philly HC. The others, as a few others mentioned aren't likely to take a lateral position and I doubt giving them a trumped up title of Asst HC would be enough to sway them, even if it was enough to void their current contracts which I'm not 100% certain of.

Finally, the only way I don't see Arians be here woudl be if some team offered him their HC job and Pagano was forced to hire a new OC, and I hoep he would do that as opposed to re-promoting Clyde Christensen. If Pagano's health forces him to retire then Irsay simply hands the job over to Arians, and he might or might not turn over the offense to CC, which I wouldn't be happy with either scenario.

7-4 is one thing and people will ignore issues based on the record. That was done for more than decade, so, just another aspect of the franchise not changing much.

Arians didn't hire the o-line coach Pagano did so I am guessing they did it for a reason. You are trying to blame Arians for a coaching move that Pagano made. It's his staff not Arians. Frankly this stuff gets old you can dislike Arians all you want but say what you will but he is 6-2 since he took over as interim coach under some very difficult circumstances and this team is winning games they didn't win a year ago. He's doing something right.

Also I didn't say the zone system didn't work. I just said that the Colts weren't using it and my guess would be they don't think they have the players to fit it. I am sure if they did they would use it if they thought it was better than what they are doing now. i am sure the reason they aren't isn't because they didn't think of it. I know you don't agree with this based on your past comments about this subject but they know their personal better than we do and they are in a better spot to figure out how they should be used. Frankly I don't think it matters which system we use on the line I don't think we have good enough players there yet. I am sure if Pagano and the coaches thought that they had the personal needed to run a zone system and it was better than what they were doing they would just because the Ravens used it and Pagano was a coach there doesn't mean the Colts are going to use it here they don't have the Ravens players on the line. They have two guys that they pretty much developed in Castonzo and Reitz, an ex Raider and two ex Eagles. Those two ex Eagles had their fair share of struggles there maybe they didn't fit the zone system which could be part of the reason why the Eagles were willing to part with them. It could be the Colts know they players they have don't fit but they were the best they could get this off-season with limited cap space and are planning on overhauling the line after the season but they wanted to start putting their system in now and see if maybe they got lucky and found a guy who could play in a man system along the way. Again, I am sure there is a reason and I would be willing to bet it's not just because Arians doesn't want too what that exact reason is they only know.

As for the coaches that's my point about he coaches you named they weren't really on the market either. They all had jobs and frankly probably better jobs than what the Colts could offer at the time or at the very least the exact same job they would have had here. Do you really think the Texans OC was going to make a lateral move within the division to take over a team's offense going into what was thought to be a rebuilding mood when he has a team that is contending for the Super Bowl in Houston? You really think a guy is going to pass on coaching Aaron Rodgers just so he can go coach Andrew Luck when he was already on the Green Bay staff? No none of these guys were going to listen to the Colts if they called. Just because you throw out some names doesn't mean they were serious options. These guys were not because they already had jobs that were frankly better than what the Colts job looked like in the off-season.

Thats what I meant, but its Arians offensive scheme not Paganos, Pagano just hired the O Line to help teach the blocking scheme

The o-line coach followed Arians over from Pittsburgh. This is Arians run scheme, not Pagano's

Thats what I meant, but its Arians offensive scheme not Paganos, Pagano just hired the O Line to help teach the blocking scheme

While Pagano is likely the one making the final decision on the hires(that could come from Grigson), I highly doubt he's going to hire a coach that his OC isn't onboard with just like I doubt he would hire a DL coach that his DC wasn't on board with. Since Pagano has a defensive background he is/was/will be likely more hands on with that side of the ball and likely gave his OC more leadway than his DC in the selection process. I'd say Arians had as much to say if not more to say about the offensive staff than Pagano.

Luck shows no craft at looking off the safety like he needs to. Stares down his receivers and forces an awful lot of balls.

His arm is not as strong as it needs to be causing a lack of separation and throws behind his receivers.

The D is getting their hands on too many balls, including at the line.

AGAIN, Luck is Not deceiving the D with his eyes.

Luck is looking downfield and missing wide open higher % throws.

Arians O is too Predictable which makes our O-Line look worse than it is.

I thought I liked Reitz, but I am guessing we can`t run right because he ALSO isn`t fast enough to pull. Separates the men from the boys.

Imo, I don't think we picked the right Offensive Coordinator at this moment in Time. Our o-line isn't the best & these deep passes are gonna get Luck killed one day.

Don't get me wrong, the plays are good, but we should at least have some type of quick routes. Screens are out cause the o-line doesn't seem to do well with those. But quicker plays need to be input more into this offense to get Luck in a Groove before we just come out the Gate throwing 30+ yards

Arians is working with 6 rookies contributing( 5 rookies full time and Brazill mixed in from time to time) and all these rookies are thriving in his offense in their first year in his offense. With these rookies it only gets better from here as they get more and more time in the offense. Im loving what Arians is doing with this offense and his rookies. Only problem is the protection. you sure the Oline up in the offseason and the sky is the limit with this offense next year. Only other problem is red zone offense passing in the red zone is all about timing and that will get better with time if you cant pound it in running the ball. but overall we are 4th in total offense, 4th in 3rd down conversions, 8th in passing, and 14th in rushing(thats where we ranked before Bills game). Arians is doing really well with this offense if you ask me. if our red zone offense gets to where it should be as much as we get down there and score TDs we are easily putting up 35+ points a game and nobody would be complaining about nothing. rookies and redzone offense is the hardest thing for them to figure out once that field shrinks they start forcing bad throws and its harder to get open and it comes down to timing which Luck and our rookies don't have too much of right now. you only get better with redzone offense through experience and Luck and them rookies will figure it out sooner than later

With just over three minutes to play in the game, Arians made the bold decision to trust his offense to win the game.

Instead of three runs and a punt, he allowed Luck to throw, even after the Bills were out of timeouts. The result was a game-clinching drive with a pass inteference. Now if Arians would had elected to run again and punt some fans would be bashing him for being conservative(like they always seem to bash him for). I honestly don't know what yall want out of Arians its like nothing he does is right for some fans. when he is aggressive and win the game some people bash him for something he did, and if he plays it smart and wins some fans bash him for not being aggressive. I'm happy with what he is doing with the offense( besides the Donald Brown not starting stuff I don't get that one). But it just seems like everything he does somebody has a problem with it and tries to bash him for it and I don't get it.

I guess I just don't think he's done a bad job. Yeah his play calling is a little strange at times but what coach in the NFL doesn't have strange play calling at times? i think as a whole he's done a great job when you factor everything in and I am willing to live with a little strange play calling at times.

There you have it. I really don't get the overthetop criticism BA is getting right now. I believe our offense is ranked around the top 5 or 10 with a bunch of kids and mediocre vets. What do they want?

word is 50/50 Kyle's gone after this season. If I remember correctly, his contract is up and he may test the waters - even if its a lateral move. That being said...I'm just a collector of information - not always 100% accurate - and with a statement like 50/50....really doesn't matter what i say at this point. :)

I don't buy the lateral move nonsense. He might take a head coaching gig somewhere but there aren't many offensive situations more intriguing than ours for a coordinator. The Skins insiders can be a helpful source of information but, really, they're only tapped in to what is essentially the office rumor mill at Redskins Park. People forget that, while they tend to hear things that do come to pass first, they are wrong fairly often on their more long-term predictions.

1.Rick Dennison-Houston Texans O Coordinator, Zone Blocking scheme guy, Does a very good job of making many plays look different but are just variations of the same play on many occasions.

2.Marty Mornhinweg

3.Kyle Shanahan (Wont happen I dont think with Mike still coaching the Redskins)

4.Tom Clements

They all have one common theme, They all employ a Zone Blocking scheme and deal with fairly (but not spectacular) mobile QB's

Mornhinweg is the only guy likely to be available unless you axe Pagano and offer one of the others the head gig. Unfortunately, there's no way Arians doesn't stick around with you guys winning games like this so you're stuck with the guy and all his flaws (one being his reluctance to change things up) for the foreseeable future. Unless, of course, someone decides he's head coaching material... but I struggle to see who that would be.

Luck is looking downfield and missing wide open higher % throws.

I noticed this a handful of times yesterday but it was not overly apparent to me in previous games. Of course because of the camera angle, it is hard to really tell what's happening down field unless they show a replay.

Have any of ya'll who get into charting the games, etc. noticed this as a trend? I do remember Rich Gannon mentioning it as an ongoing issue for Luck yesterday during the broadcast.

7-4 is one thing and people will ignore issues based on the record. That was done for more than decade, so, just another aspect of the franchise not changing much.

Trust me, I wasn't one to ignore issues under Polian, but I don't see the similarities, FJC. Through 11 games, it's far too early to be that down on Arians' offense. I'm not thrilled with the system at times, especially for a rookie QB, and I would like to see some alterations, but there are too many variables to blame the lack of scoring on the system. More often than not, when I replay the scoring position problems we've had in my mind, it comes down to execution and self destruction, not the system. It's too easy to blame the system, and it's too early to compare the current problems to Sweet Pea Burns, 260 lbs. DTs and some of the madness we witnessed under Polian.

Have we even scored 30 points or more yet this year? With a rookie the caliber of Andrew Luck, I would have figured we would have some higher scoring games for this offense. We have talent on offense around Luck, so dont give me that. While they are young, they are pretty talented.

Am I wrong with this? Or is the reason just the poor OL that we STILL have not fixed?

I really hope Luck is able to call his own plays and run the offense starting next year instead of going with Arians playcalling all the time and throwing too many deep passes.

There is no problem, the rookie team is doing better than expected and the offensive coordinator is calling the plays, when luck has more experience then he will see the field better and not miss the open players, until then I am beside myself with joy that our qb is already better than 3/4 of the starting quarterbacks in the league.

When I comment about Arians, I never mean to give off the impression that I think he is a bad guy or anything of that sort, I just see the flaws that most others have pointed out here and even worse his refusal to correct them consistently, Arians seems like a great guy and a good motivator (Chucks cancer has alot to do with that, not all perhaps but ALOT), Our team is winning and they are doing it under Arians watch now and that cant be taken away but we should also remember we haven't beat any team yet (with the exception of Packers) thats playoff worthy or playoff bound, I think something similar NOT as bad but something similar (Unless our Secondary steps up and plays like they belong in the NFL) to what it was like vs New England is closer to reality.......With that said, I keep looking at Houston Texans symbol and wishing with every fiber of my being that we walk out of Houston with bragging rights

With that said, I keep looking at Houston Texans symbol and wishing with every fiber of my being that we walk out of Houston with bragging rights

After the Packers I firmly believe anything is possible, if only Andrew did better on the road. I have tickets for the home Houston game, I honestly believe they will win that game--even with all the starters playing.

I don't buy the lateral move nonsense. He might take a head coaching gig somewhere but there aren't many offensive situations more intriguing than ours for a coordinator. The Skins insiders can be a helpful source of information but, really, they're only tapped in to what is essentially the office rumor mill at Redskins Park. People forget that, while they tend to hear things that do come to pass first, they are wrong fairly often on their more long-term predictions.

I don't know how much I buy into it either - more tossing it out there for discussion - 50/50 seemed like a pretty benign statement. I still do get a sense of a little dysfunction behind the scenes even without the insider sources. However I can't honestly say how much of my perception is genuine, or just residual effects of years building a certain reputation. As for long-term predictions, you've probably been following those guys longer than me. They caught my attention with all the talk about the skins looking at RG3 before the 2011 season even started. That's really all I've noticed about long term predictions that have come to pass - the rest of the stuff I've heard is still pending (which is all stuff you probably know too), but I've only been following them closely this season. At worst, I can't imagine they're any more wrong or right than the beat writers.

----sorry to derail the thread guys :)

Our offense line is inconsistent. One game, Luck will put some ridiculous numbers, the next week Ballard, Brown, and Carter will run for 160 yards and a couple TDs. And then we have games like last week where Luck looks bad and the running backs look bad.

But we win the game anyway!

Does Arians make some mistakes play-calling wise? Of course, the guy didn't come into the situation as the main playcaller. And he is 6-2 as the interim head coach.

I personally like our offensive philosophy with throwing the ball downfield. The problem is we really don't have the personnel to run this offense yet. So we aren't scoring a whole lot but the offense is young.

Just wait til next year when Grigson has some money to go out and get players to play in our system.

When I comment about Arians, I never mean to give off the impression that I think he is a bad guy or anything of that sort, I just see the flaws that most others have pointed out here and even worse his refusal to correct them consistently, Arians seems like a great guy and a good motivator (Chucks cancer has alot to do with that, not all perhaps but ALOT), Our team is winning and they are doing it under Arians watch now and that cant be taken away but we should also remember we haven't beat any team yet (with the exception of Packers) thats playoff worthy or playoff bound, I think something similar NOT as bad but something similar (Unless our Secondary steps up and plays like they belong in the NFL) to what it was like vs New England is closer to reality.......With that said, I keep looking at Houston Texans symbol and wishing with every fiber of my being that we walk out of Houston with bragging rights

This... I would also like to add that people are wondering how Arians is doing this oh so godly record with so much youth... It has been an easy schedule... with a very very promising QB. The issue is and what I will continue to point out is that the play calling is not nor will it ever help the rookie grow. He is regressing and forming awful habits, on top of that he is getting hit repeatedly. I also don't mind the scheme as I have voiced before but I HATE the way Arians runs it. Consistent play calling will improve lucks game and mature which will in turn help the rest of the team. I just don't want to see Lucks talent go to waste, and I feel in this situation it is. Yes we win games but against bad teams... well coached teams put it to us and very badly... heck the JETS... I repeat the JETS tore us up and I would consider them a very average team with a very average QB.

It is 100% Arians play calling. It's all on him. If he had adopted a more conservative play book for instance, then we would easily be 2-9.

There are some very very 'Manning Spoiled' fans on here. Very spoiled.

Maybe there is more Peyton bigotry still lying around this forum than we thought. Otherwise, it is unexplainable. Or perhaps some jealous eyes looking over at Washington, whilst forgetting to look at the standings.

Heck. Give me RG3 and 5-6 over 7-4 anytime.

This is a very ignorant post. I will leave it at that. We are not calling for a different play book, in fact this play book could produce insane numbers in todays game, we just don't want to witness a team that rides the coattails of a great QB instead of helping that QB win superbowls...

If you are ok beating bad teams and losing to good ones and repeatedly go one and done like we have for years then go right ahead, but us, how did you phrase it? Manning spoiled? fans would like to see more Lombardi's in Indianapolis.

Trust me, I wasn't one to ignore issues under Polian, but I don't see the similarities, FJC. Through 11 games, it's far too early to be that down on Arians' offense. I'm not thrilled with the system at times, especially for a rookie QB, and I would like to see some alterations, but there are too many variables to blame the lack of scoring on the system. More often than not, when I replay the scoring position problems we've had in my mind, it comes down to execution and self destruction, not the system. It's too easy to blame the system, and it's too early to compare the current problems to Sweet Pea Burns, 260 lbs. DTs and some of the madness we witnessed under Polian.

The issue is that it's not 11 games... It's 4 years of offensive failure that we've seen in Pit and no change whatsoever from the tendencies of said scheme. I'm not sure what plays you refer to but the red zone deficiency is a trend with Arians offenses. WR trying to run a developing route in condensed space means no separation from corners and 0 attempts at running the ball is what leads to Arians red zone failures.

For example: in the bills game we had 2 specific series ill give. One we ran the ball 5 times in a row each with very good YPC and never threw the ball... Next series which was a bit later we go play action 4 times in a row without even attempting to run the ball... No sense at all the same we saw at Pit.

Second they have reached the red zone numerous times and we do what? Empty set, lets throw to 5 with an inept oline... And if the rare case comes that we decide to actually run the ball we go 2 extra oline a TE and a FB and let's advertise to everyone hey with out crap oline we are gonna run...

The one red zone attempt that sticks in my head that shows the potential of the scheme if only Arians would do it more was the overtime TD Ballard made. We ran the ball with great success then in the red zone we pull the swing pass to Ballard out of nowhere and score with great effort from Ballard. Magnificent play calling but never again seen... I just don't understand it...

There are times i feel we try too hard to force deep passes that just arent there. I feel at times like wed rather hit home runs than singles and doubles. With this group being as new as it is the deep game is (and has) going to take time to develop. I'd like to spend a game or two sthrowing nothing but short, quick passes and intermediate stuff. i think it would be much more potent than our current production. (Which isn't bad. im not complaining in any way, I just think we could be even more effecient with a slight shift in focus.)

They just played the 31st ranked rushing defense in the NFL and got 81 rushing yards (and 20 of that came from Luck on none designed QB scambles) on 29 carries or just 2.8 yards per carry. Adjust for Luck and it's just 61 yards for 2.6 yards per carry. That's not play calling that's the line not doing a good enough job run blocking.

Add to that they let Luck get sacked four times and gave up at least two deflections at the line of scrimage on passing plays and yes the line is a big part of the problem and no it's not just putting blinders on.

But we all know oline is part of the problem... Of course it is I even referenced to that in the post you quoted. But what I'm trying to point out is if lucks throws more within the "dink and dunk" time frame he would have better chances at beating pass rush and gaining rhythm which would lead to a more efficient offense which is more points and possibly a more accurate long ball since the rushers can't just pin their ears back... This in turn also helps the oline and possibly instill some confidence even though they are in a scheme that doesn't suit their talents.

In this game the coaches need to put their players in position with the best chance to succeed and a majority of this season they have not been. The fact that they are doing what they are doing shows me we have a lot of talent on this team and a special QB. But no matter how you slice it play calling has been more of a hindrance than help and is more of an issue than the oline because the oline can be fixed, whether by draft or blocking scheme change. Also Arians has history against him, Pit had years of offensive disappointment and most notably a hurt QB a majority of those years.

This... I would also like to add that people are wondering how Arians is doing this oh so godly record with so much youth... It has been an easy schedule... with a very very promising QB. The issue is and what I will continue to point out is that the play calling is not nor will it ever help the rookie grow. He is regressing and forming awful habits, on top of that he is getting hit repeatedly. I also don't mind the scheme as I have voiced before but I HATE the way Arians runs it. Consistent play calling will improve lucks game and mature which will in turn help the rest of the team. I just don't want to see Lucks talent go to waste, and I feel in this situation it is. Yes we win games but against bad teams... well coached teams put it to us and very badly... heck the JETS... I repeat the JETS tore us up and I would consider them a very average team with a very average QB.

This is a very ignorant post. I will leave it at that. We are not calling for a different play book, in fact this play book could produce insane numbers in todays game, we just don't want to witness a team that rides the coattails of a great QB instead of helping that QB win superbowls...

If you are ok beating bad teams and losing to good ones and repeatedly go one and done like we have for years then go right ahead, but us, how did you phrase it? Manning spoiled? fans would like to see more Lombardi's in Indianapolis.

Not just an ignorant post, a very ignorant post apparently. I feel suitably chastised. Where I'm looking, Green Bay and Miami are pretty tood teams. Oh, and fans of the other 31 teams want to see Super Bowl wins as well. If only it were that easy.

Not just an ignorant post, a very ignorant post apparently. I feel suitably chastised. Where I'm looking, Green Bay and Miami are pretty tood teams. Oh, and fans of the other 31 teams want to see Super Bowl wins as well. If only it were that easy.

Your sarcasm... oh your quick wit. Miami is not a good team they have shown their true colors as an average building team. And we beat Green Bay on an emotional high... oh and we got blown up by 3 teams now... oh my how the tables have turned I feel as equally chastised. This will be my last response to you as I've seen your posts and though I agree with some of your opinions you are possibly the most closed minded person on this board.

We have one of the fastest reciever cores in the league. Most of our WR's aren't very big, Their speed is really the main asset. Why not throw deep and get these WR's in space? I think the deep game is going to pay off. It really already has. We have one of the best 3rd and long percentages in the league and have one of the better rakings in plays of 20 yds or more. We have a crummy run game and are running a very understaffed D. I think were doing great.

next year, when Luck sets the league on fire with all those nonsense deep pases im going to look back at this thread :)

give arians a break, he has like 4 rookies playing major roles or new playeres, not to mention a new scheme TO EVERYONE, and we still move the ball up and down the field on most teams, we are inconsistent but thats what you would expect from such a young team

Saying Miami is a pretty good team is ignorant unless your idea of pretty good is 5-6 which is ever so slightly below average, They have some good talent sure, Long, Wake, Tannehill is......well a rookie so jury is still out, They need some WR's(Bess does not know what an End Zone looks like apparently and same goes for Hartline), They need a Tight End, Green Bay I do agree with, They are good, Obvious weaknesses but good enough to go on a run if they get something from there Secondary

Saying Miami is a pretty good team is ignorant unless your idea of pretty good is 5-6 which is ever so slightly below average, They have some good talent sure, Long, Wake, Tannehill is......well a rookie so jury is still out, They need some WR's(Bess does not know what an End Zone looks like apparently and same goes for Hartline), They need a Tight End, Green Bay I do agree with, They are good, Obvious weaknesses but good enough to go on a run if they get something from there Secondary

Pretty good. It's all I said. It's not ignorant in the slightest. It's an opinion. The Colts are pretty good too. Not great. Pretty good. Show me the formula that moves teams from poor to average to pretty good to good to great to awesome and I'll rethink. Until then, keep your own very ignorant comments to yourself. And yes I do have a formula for ignorant / very ignorant, and I just applied it.

Your sarcasm... oh your quick wit. Miami is not a good team they have shown their true colors as an average building team. And we beat Green Bay on an emotional high... oh and we got blown up by 3 teams now... oh my how the tables have turned I feel as equally chastised. This will be my last response to you as I've seen your posts and though I agree with some of your opinions you are possibly the most closed minded person on this board.

I am 100% not closed minded. Definitely not.

next year, when Luck sets the league on fire with all those nonsense deep pases im going to look back at this thread :)

That's how I'm starting too feel. Over the past month, you've seen glimpses of the future. This has the potential to be a dynamic offense, and Luck is talented enough to pull it off. As for the preciction this offense is going to ruin him, I see the opposite as a distinct possibilty. Perhaps throwing him headfirst into this difficult and demanding situation will actually speed up his progression as a QB.

I think saying it will ruin him is a little extreme and mentally this could be helping him and will help him down the road, I get that. What I dont get is why Arians ignores one of Lucks strengths and thats his mobility or ignores the fact at best right now has a questionable starter at LT and 4 backups at the other positions