Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

not seeing it with my boy luck

Ohio Colt

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't have the pocket awareness luck has and IMO that's not even close.

Skins fan here and I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I had to respond to this post,

Exactly how do you quantify who has the better pocket awareness?

Are we looking at sacks taken?

Stats when both QBs are being blitzed?

Just curious....

Luck has the superior supporting cast. His defense carried him today (again). You are just a pathetic fanboy.

Yes because the Redskins offense is FAR inferior compared to a patch work OL with a bunch injured players and rookies minus the exception of Reggie Wayne. Great observation!

Another person that gets information from the infamous:

johnnyderp.jpg

Ohhh he's banned, :spit:

darn, kid is on pace for something like 4600 yards which would shatter the rookie record, has a 2-14 team gutted from last year sitting at 7-4 and people still aren't happy? If Brady had those stats his rookie season I would be doing back flips. You should head over to the Pats board...nothing but praise for the guy. Even though the loss was ugly we are all hoping to have a replacement like that for Brady (not sure what we have with Mallett).

What I'm seeing here, just a perspective from an outside fan, the ones criticizing Luck with no base seem to be Manning-fans who are just bitter.

I'll tell ya what, once Manning loses in the playoffs again, the bandwagon will be filling back up.

I watched the Pat game for a second time and I was surprised with the numbefr of great throws Luck made in that game. Sure hje had a couple throws get away from him , but considering the conditions it was pretty understadable. And yes ,you're right , some of the fans here are being ridiculous. Question... looks like Brady has at least two good years left. Maybe I shouldn't say "looks" but judging from how he's playing at 35 , you might think it's probable that he starts at age 37. So do you think Mallett will try to force a trade or just be happy sitting for his entire 1st contract ?

In my opinion that power running game that was in Pittsburgh was from Cowher and Whisenhunt who was the OC before Arians, so I am not holding my breath. Arians doesn't seem to favor that same mindset.

Whichever coaches philosophy it was, it worked and we need some semblance of it. Hopefully Pagano and Arians recognize the need and the benefit of a more physical run capability.

Too sloppy, missing too many throws.

I like Luck, I know he'll be extraordinary... but he has not been all that good this season save about 2-3 games. He gets a huge free pass within the media. He needs to be a LOT better. Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm big on Luck both for now and in the future but I don't see what the experts are forcing themselves to see. He's not playing that good of football.

That's the most insane post ever

Too sloppy, missing too many throws.

I like Luck, I know he'll be extraordinary... but he has not been all that good this season save about 2-3 games. He gets a huge free pass within the media. He needs to be a LOT better. Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm big on Luck both for now and in the future but I don't see what the experts are forcing themselves to see. He's not playing that good of football.

He's 3rd in the league in passing yards as a rookie. You must be a Cleveland fan pretending to be Colts fan jealously kicks in.

darn, kid is on pace for something like 4600 yards which would shatter the rookie record, has a 2-14 team gutted from last year sitting at 7-4 and people still aren't happy? If Brady had those stats his rookie season I would be doing back flips. You should head over to the Pats board...nothing but praise for the guy. Even though the loss was ugly we are all hoping to have a replacement like that for Brady (not sure what we have with Mallett).

What I'm seeing here, just a perspective from an outside fan, the ones criticizing Luck with no base seem to be Manning-fans who are just bitter.

I'll tell ya what, once Manning loses in the playoffs again, the bandwagon will be filling back up.

i am myself very happy. i said it before preseason that i expect this team to suprise most by winning ten games. but no one believed me. i went and read what your fellow patriot fans said about luck and i agree with them. i think luck is a combination of peyton and big ben with the exception of just their good points being rolled into one man. he has the smarts nad desires of peyton to read defenses and get the ball where he wants but he also has the will and desire to take the team on his back for a game winning drive in teh final seconds of a game if it is close. if the colts with luck gets ot the playoffs watch out cause if the cards fall jsut right the afc could have luck and the colts representing in teh superbowl.

Once he gets a line and his Tight-ends mature and he gets himself another well established WR opposite of Wayne.. The statistics will flourish.

He's already flourishing. Do you know what Peyton did his rookie season 3-13 record 3700 yards 26 interceptions. He's going to be only one of 12 QB's in the playoffs this year. He's 3rd in the league in passing yards. Behind Brady and P. Manning. Yes he has 13 td's and 13 int's. But he has carried this Colts team. To me he should be in the MVP talk as a rookie.

He's already flourishing. Do you know what Peyton did his rookie season 3-13 record 3700 yards 26 interceptions. He's going to be only one of 12 QB's in the playoffs this year. He's 3rd in the league in passing yards. Behind Brady and P. Manning. Yes he has 13 td's and 13 int's. But he has carried this Colts team. To me he should be in the MVP talk as a rookie.

actually manning had 26 tds 28 ints

There is no way to predict that but IMO luck has outplayed rg3. You won't agree if you look at the stats but I saw a stat where luck is 3rd in the league on average distance his passes travel. It was like 16 yards I believe. (Could be wrong) and rg3 was in the 20s. Rg3 doesn't have to read defenses. His first read is usually the pass he makes. He does a lot if quick slants and his WR make big plays. He doesn't have the pocket awareness luck has and IMO that's not even close. Luck is and will be the better qb. Rg3 is doing great right now but a lot of it is the system shanahan has put in place for rg3. Not to mention Morris is a stud rb and lb actually have to respect the play action pass.

Just because Griffin (*correctly*) throws it to his first read fairly often doesn't mean that he doesn't have to read the defense. When his first read isn't open he's quite adept at moving on to another option. Honestly, much more of our offense is predicated on Griffin's decision-making ability than some people would lead you to believe. Morris is a great back but the play action game isn't at it's best unless you are dangerous both running and passing. You also have to credit Griffin for being absurdly good at selling the fake...

RG3-Fake-Handoff.gif

The fact of the matter is that you guys would love it if Luck did some of the things Griffin does (and the same would be true of Skins fans regarding some of the things Luck brings to the table). There's no sense in being jaded just because it's not your guy.

Exactly how do you quantify who has the better pocket awareness?

Are we looking at sacks taken?

Stats when both QBs are being blitzed?

Just curious....

You can't quantify it. I think a strong subjective case could be made that Luck has better presence and strength in the pocket, though. He's very adept at stepping up into the crease and making throws even with defenders right on top of him. Griff has a tendency to try and escape outside the tackles instead of stepping up when he senses things break down in front of him. That said, I think he's slightly better at sensing and escaping backside pressure than Luck is and is much better throwing on the run and off-balance.

why do the worst threads get the most responses?

It's SkipTheory, if you see a well thought out, well written post that you agree with it's hard to add too much more than "I agree" or just liking the post. On the other hand when people see something that aggravates them, or they believe to be horribly wrong they're more likely to respond. It's why Trolls who go fishing on here get so many bites!

Just thought of something though, Skip is a huge Griffin fan, and makes out he's not only better than Andrew but possibly any other QB. If then we say Griffin is the better QB, does this not make Skip right? Surely Skip being right causes a fatal exception in the universe and starts the next big bang? :P

Whichever coaches philosophy it was, it worked and we need some semblance of it. Hopefully Pagano and Arians recognize the need and the benefit of a more physical run capability.

Oh I agree. I'm just saying that concept seemed to precede Arians and he went more away from it with each year he was there.

agree as well, its needed , Teams need to know u can be beat in many ways by us colts,

puts more defensive pressure on them & makes it harder to game plan as well Vs a multiple attack strategy

I'd like ya guys posts but ran out early of # I can do