Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

not seeing it with my boy luck

Ohio Colt

Too sloppy, missing too many throws.

I like Luck, I know he'll be extraordinary... but he has not been all that good this season save about 2-3 games. He gets a huge free pass within the media. He needs to be a LOT better. Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm big on Luck both for now and in the future but I don't see what the experts are forcing themselves to see. He's not playing that good of football.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he will flourish as well. I'm not worried - just thought I would be more impressed to this point.

Look at the things he has to do to extend the play. Not too many experienced QBs can do it. Our line stinks and we have a lot of drops.

He may not impress like RG3 but given what's around him, I'm really impressed.

For his first 4 months in the NFL I think Luck is amazing, considering the talent around him! The sloppiness and things of thatnature can be corrected by our excellent coaching staff who wants to win as bad as we want them to win. Just relax, we amre a work in progress and it's better to work on things that's bad after a win then after a loss. I'm proud of our QB and this team!

Luck has been fine and will be fine.

The kid is basically our entire offense right now.

Our running game is better but still inconsistent. Our O-line is still pretty bad in pass protection and our WRs are really inconsistent. Alot of drops and we still really dont get alot of separation down the field. Luck is constantly threading the needle out there.

He's made some bad decisions but if he were pulling a Blaine Gabbert and not trying to make things happen this team would have a much worse record.

I like Luck, I know he'll be extraordinary... but he has not been all that good this season save about 2-3 games. He gets a huge free pass within the media. He needs to be a LOT better. Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm big on Luck both for now and in the future but I don't see what the experts are forcing themselves to see. He's not playing that good of football.

I think maybe you're expecting a little too much from a first year player that plays with..

1) A team that was 2-14 and cut many veterens.

2) A O line made up of mostly 2nd teamers from other teams.

3) A receiving corps of a 34 year old stud , 2 rookie TE's ( 1 out for multiple games) , a journey man little speedster and 2 smallish rookies.

4) A two headed RB duo , who are both ordinary.

So I think if Luck were on a better team , you would see less bad throws. Pretty tough when you have to throw 40 times (including many downfield throws) a game to WR's that are not getting seperation and do it behind a porous O line. I think you should be expecting a bad throw here and there.

1 thing I notice is he's getting hit a lot on longer throws. So it's hard to judge him. Luck's problem is RG3 is racking up crazy stats that he can't match. A lot of that is the offense and talent around Luck.

Is that really Luck's "problem" ? RG3 is running a college style offense which doesn't have him throwing downfield into tight coverage.

andrew luck is carrying this team on his shoulders as a rookie. a super star is in the making

That is really really stupid we did that to a QB once and out of his years here it got us one super bowl....................... Get this kid some help..................If he make it the play off what if the front office think we do not need certain position we know need address and the front off say smh we made it to the playoff we are good.

The O-line is terrible, Luck hardly ever gets a clean pocket to throw from, always having to move around just to get the pass off, which is not his fault,but after ten games of this it is starting to effect his game a little,making things a little sloppy.Because the O-line is so bad, the only thing I see that he could do better,is to use his checkdowns more and not always force the ball downfield,other than that, with this O-line there is not much more he can do.

Reminds me of the regular season of our super bowl run. Defense was shaky and our offense would run the ball a lot and games were tightly contested. We made adjustments in the playoffs and were off to the races. Maybe we get chapman, fleener and Davis back and we make a run this year. Not super bowl, but winning a playoff game would be sweet.

He's got work to do, but he's awesome on 3rd down and 2 minute situations- which happen to be the hardest situations for young QB's to excel in, along with TD's in the red zone. He's got 2 outta 3 right now. I'm betting he'll get the third aspect fixed before too long.

That he still has plenty of areas to improve upon and is already as good as he is....that's a terrifying prospect for the rest of the league. That's something we should be thrilled about, not concerned about.

I know you are a big Luck guy....OC.....but you're getting carried away...

20 of 37, 240 yards....1 TDs, 1 INT in a must-win game...Pretty good..not great but few would agree Luck is not playing well..

Andrew Luck is a rookie.......compare him to otehr rookie QBs and you'll see he's playing well.

Is that really Luck's "problem" ? RG3 is running a college style offense which doesn't have him throwing downfield into tight coverage.

Here we go with this so called "college style" offense again. Can someone please tell me the definition of a college style offense? This is a pro game with pro players. If a college style offense was so easy to run in the pros don't you think every team would be doing it and winning games?