Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Playoffs2013

Drafts busts of the 2012 class

43 posts in this topic

I know it's premature, but if you had to guess who will be a bust in the 2012 class.

My picks

Weeden

Blackmon

AJ Jenkins

Coples

Poe

dre kirkpatrick

What? Is this just because you think he's going to bust or because of his injury?

Blackmon

Floyd

Jenkins (not a good WR draft, apparently)

In before RG3isnumber1 says Luck.

2 people like this

i dont think you can say blackmon is a bust. I mean look what happen when he finally got the ball. gabbert is a terrible qb period.

What? Is this just because you think he's going to bust or because of his injury?

both he's injury prone and he doesn't have elite talent to be drafted high at 17.

Not sure about Blackmon anymore. He had a monster game with good QB play for once.

AJ Jenkins

Coples

Kirkpatrick

Floyd

Poe

Blackman got over 200 yards receiving in one game a week or two ago. If he has a good QB and a decent offense around him he's fine. Not sure if he's a #1, but he's a good receiver.

Did someone really say Fugger? Without an emoticon? Please tell me that's someone's idea of a joke that I just don't get.

WR's are often unspectacular in their first year. It's in part why I don't want to use a 1st round pick on one in 2013.

Kirkpatrick has been hurt most of the year.

You guys are a funny bunch sometimes...... Just sayin....

Dontari Poe

Fletcher Cox

AJ Jenkins

Shea McClellin

Michael Brockers

Just a few of my early predictions.

Brandon Weeden (Not because of lack of talent because I think he has the talent)because he has nobody to throw to consistently, Gordon has showed up in flashes but has not flashed in 3 games,

busts

Aj jenkins

Dontari Poe

Gilmore from the bills

Devon still

coples

mercilius

hall of famers

Luck

RG3

Tannehill

Russell wilson

Trent Richardson

Matt Kalil

Doug Martin

Morris clairborne

Shaking my head to this entire thread. Floyd? Who has ryan lindley at qb and even Fitzgerald can't make look good? Blackmon? Who has had Blaine gabbert? What happened when he got a semi legit qb? He's performed well the last 2weeks. Weeden has played like a rookie...because he is a rookie.

I don't agree with Blackmon...maybe before Gabbert got hurt, but since Henne's been starting he's been showing the guy some love...

Coples was considered a risky pick...a stupid pick because he's a head case

Shea McClellan...but hes on a D full of studs so that's not completely fair

Dontari Poe definitely....and to think i was a fan...def just a workout warrior

AJ Jenkins was a strange pick for the first round

David Wilson was too

I don't agree with Blackmon...maybe before Gabbert got hurt, but since Henne's been starting he's been showing the guy some love...

Coples was considered a risky pick...a stupid pick because he's a head case

Shea McClellan...but hes on a D full of studs so that's not completely fair

Dontari Poe definitely....and to think i was a fan...def just a workout warrior

AJ Jenkins was a strange pick for the first round

David Wilson was too

why was david wilson a strange first round pick? tons of talent, but in the giant dog house as of now.

How are any of these busts, people judge way to fast. Not everybody becomes superstars overnight.

why was david wilson a strange first round pick? tons of talent, but in the giant dog house as of now.

Maybe because Andre Brown is the better #2

Poe should be the poster boy for bust. All of the numbers and none of the heart. When will people learn?

Weeden is better than Colt McCoy (major bust).

Blackmon needs to go to a real team. He will be good.

I think Poe is probably the most likely bust of the high 1st round picks.

Poe should be the poster boy for bust. All of the numbers and none of the heart. When will people learn?

McCoy was a 3rd round pick not a really high pick

poe should be the poster boy for reaching in the draft

Poe had some very good plays today one very critical at the end they reached for sure but bust I don't think

busts

Aj jenkins

Dontari Poe

Gilmore from the bills

Devon still

coples

mercilius

hall of famers

Luck

RG3

Tannehill

Russell wilson

Trent Richardson

Matt Kalil

Doug Martin

Morris clairborne

Lol didnt see hall of famers at first

Thats a lot of HOFers for one d

busts

Aj jenkins

Dontari Poe

Gilmore from the bills

Devon still

coples

mercilius

hall of famers

Luck

RG3

Tannehill

Russell wilson

Trent Richardson

Matt Kalil

Doug Martin

Morris clairborne

Thats a lot of HOFers for one draft.

I actually think Poe will be a good player down the road. He just needs a better coaching staff.

My bust

AJ Jenkins

Lamichael James - 49ers first 2 picks were pretty shocking and bad.

Brandon Weeden - too old to really develop and has little time to learn.

Morris Claiborne

Thats a lot of HOFers for one d

Thats a lot of HOFers for one draft.

I actually think Poe will be a good player down the road. He just needs a better coaching staff.

My bust

AJ Jenkins

Lamichael James - 49ers first 2 picks were pretty shocking and bad.

Brandon Weeden - too old to really develop and has little time to learn.

Morris Claiborne

I don't really know about Lamichael James. I mean the guy hasn't even played yet..lol. Brandon Weeden is actually pretty good considering the talent at WR in Cleveland. He has exceeded my expectations. And we have to give Mo Claiborne a chance to really develop in that position. I think he will get better with time.

Lamichael James made no sense for a team that was already stacked at RB. He may be a decent gimmick player in the NFL. But I don't like him in round 2.

1 person likes this

Lol didnt see hall of famers at first

it been a pretty great class for qb up there with the elway, marino and kelly draft class , tannehill is exceeding expecttation by a long shot plays well against elite defenses, luck clutchness is manningesque, rg3 is every redskins fan wanted great young exhilrating talent, wilson is proving the doubters wrong about his play related with his height leads rookies in tds passes. matt kahlil is a top 10 lt in first year , probowl form. trent richardson is imo be great , and the mucle hamster is the next ray rice who make the hall as well.

You can't call Dre Kirkpatrick a bust. Period. He's played in what, three games?

it been a pretty great class for qb up there with the elway, marino and kelly draft class , tannehill is exceeding expecttation by a long shot plays well against elite defenses, luck clutchness is manningesque, rg3 is every redskins fan wanted great young exhilrating talent, wilson is proving the doubters wrong about his play related with his height leads rookies in tds passes. matt kahlil is a top 10 lt in first year , probowl form. trent richardson is imo be great , and the mucle hamster is the next ray rice who make the hall as well.

Doug martin will not make the hall of fame.

That is simply false about Poe. Poe has the 11th best run stop percentage as a defensive lineman according to Football Outsiders so he is far from a bust https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/29/sig-stats-snapshot-run-stop-percentage-dts/

I think Poe has the potential to be one of the best interior D Linemen in the draft

It's good to know that HOF players were decided midway through their rookie year:/

1 person likes this