Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the colts will be 10-6 like I predicted

CR91

I hope some people here are not disappointed...........

Really. Seriously.

Before the season I was thinking in the neighborhood of five wins. I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed that they have already exceeded that - that would be bizarre. A better word would be "concerned". They are tied for the 9th best record in the league, yet their point differential is worse than Cleveland's, and in the ballpark of Carolina, St Louis, Buffalo, and the Jets. It may be a bit premature to be sticking our collective chests out.

They've made huge strides, and Luck is showing a wonderful knack for pulling games out, but it would have been a HECK of a lot healthier if those three three point wins had been three point losses instead. 3-7 record (corresponding perfectly with their point differential), higher draft picks next year, and all the reason in the world to be confident that next year will be a natural progression forward.

Instead this is setting up so that peoples expectations for next year will be through the roof, but we won't have a chance to draft a complimentary star, like we did with Edge. A down year for the AFC, two utterly incompetent division opponents, a last place schedule, and some heroic performances may be making this a fun year to watch, but I don't know that it's in anyone's best interests. Baby steps!

Before the season I was thinking in the neighborhood of five wins. I wouldn't say that I'm disappointed that they have already exceeded that - that would be bizarre. A better word would be "concerned". They are tied for the 9th best record in the league, yet their point differential is worse than Cleveland's, and in the ballpark of Carolina, St Louis, Buffalo, and the Jets. It may be a bit premature to be sticking our collective chests out.

They've made huge strides, and Luck is showing a wonderful knack for pulling games out, but it would have been a HECK of a lot healthier if those three three point wins had been three point losses instead. 3-7 record (corresponding perfectly with their point differential), higher draft picks next year, and all the reason in the world to be confident that next year will be a natural progression forward.

Instead this is setting up so that peoples expectations for next year will be through the roof, but we won't have a chance to draft a complimentary star, like we did with Edge. A down year for the AFC, two utterly incompetent division opponents, a last place schedule, and some heroic performances may be making this a fun year to watch, but I don't know that it's in anyone's best interests. Baby steps!

I hear Cleveland is handing out the "white flags" :giveup: to their fans today, wanting to go for first pick next season. I've never been a fan of such. And I think Cleveland has had a top 4 pick for how many years now, and they're still where they always are, at the bottom. I say go for the Win, each and every game. But that's just me :cheer2:

I hear Cleveland is handing out the "white flags" :giveup: to their fans today, wanting to go for first pick next season. I've never been a fan of such. And I think Cleveland has had a top 4 pick for how many years now, and they're still where they always are, at the bottom. I say go for the Win, each and every game. But that's just me :cheer2:

Well I'm happy to say that it appears that we already have a better front office than the Browns, which makes all the difference in the world. The future looks bright no matter how you slice it.

But very true - I NEVER advocate aiming to lose. Last seasons endless cries for "suck for Luck" were pretty offensive. If the Colts were truly ready to contend for the championship, it would be insane for me to suggest that winning is not in their best interests. I'm just suggesting that these Colts might not be as precocious as their record would suggest, and that the occasional "miracle" win at this stage may provide short-term gratification, but be miss-leading and damaging in the long term. I'd rather that they slowly build a strong foundation and then contend for a decade or more, and I'd hate to see anything interfere with that. Once again thinking back to Peyton's early years, the 13-3 record in year two might have been the worst thing that could happen to them, and it only made the 10-6 that followed painful, and the 6-10 that followed that excruciating. The 13-3 was a bit of a mirage. Not quite ready for prime-time.

Well I'm happy to say that it appears that we already have a better front office than the Browns, which makes all the difference in the world. The future looks bright no matter how you slice it.

But very true - I NEVER advocate aiming to lose.

:agree:

Can't begin to tell you how much I love, Love, LOVE your post. Wish I could put it up on the front of this website for EVERYONE to see. Wish I could make it required reading for everyone to see. I share all of your concerns, every, last, one, of, them!

It's going to be an interesting off-season to see how everything unfolds. Not just the draft, but free agency too, and, of course, to see how the schedule shakes out.

Next year could be one of the most interesting in the history of this franchise....

God, your post was great!!

Mad Props to You, MAC...... just GREAT!! :thmup:

Can't begin to tell you how much I love, Love, LOVE your post. Wish I could put it up on the front of this website for EVERYONE to see. Wish I could make it required reading for everyone to see. I share all of your concerns, every, last, one, of, them!

It's going to be an interesting off-season to see how everything unfolds. Not just the draft, but free agency too, and, of course, to see how the schedule shakes out.

Next year could be one of the most interesting in the history of this franchise....

God, your post was great!!

Mad Props to You, MAC...... just GREAT!! :thmup:

I was anticipating repeated and violent evisceration. Maybe everyone's watching the pregame shows. haha

I wouldnt debate a lot of what you say....

I'm just not concerned with next year........and draft picks...when we're three wins away from the playoffs