Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

so the best wr to ever wear a colt jersey is never forgotten

CR91

Just wondering....Who chooses the sound track for these vids? I'm no prude but...most of them are just plain vulgar.

I've seen it w/ most of the college players too. Do they really send them to pro teams for coach reviews? That would

turn me off to them on certain levels. Just mho.

i just provide the link sorry

Unfortunately, I removed the video because it had vulgar language. To answer coltsfan's question, these highlight reels are usually made by fans who have access to some good editing software and lots of player film. So the music that is chosen is usually just whatever the fan decides. The video that was up is a re-post of another video with the exact same highlights and the song used in that one was Suga Suga by Baby Bash. I'll see if I can find that one and post it up

Unfortunately, I removed the video because it had vulgar language. To answer coltsfan's question, these highlight reels are usually made by fans who have access to some good editing software and lots of player film. So the music that is chosen is usually just whatever the fan decides. The video that was up is a re-post of another video with the exact same highlights and the song used in that one was Suga Suga by Baby Bash. I'll see if I can find that one and post it up

sorry about that

Those short and choppy steps were just lethal. Marvin was truly one of the best. This video also illustrates how incredibly accurate Peyton is/was. His arm strength was obviously better during most of these throws. They almost look like they are taking practice reps out there sometimes. The defender just doesn't have a chance.

Here is to hoping that Andrew can find the same accuracy in the next few years.

At one time, Marvin was voted as the most difficult WR to cover in the NFL because every route he ran looked exactly the same until he made his brake and by then, it was too late for many of the defensive backs. I also loved his attitude because he said that he was paid to practice and played the games for free.

Coltsrule91, No need to apologize. I realize you didn't produce the video & like I said, I'm not a prude. I'm a big boy & I can take a few MFers & the like. It just made me wonder if these are the kinds of things players or players agents actually send to pro teams to have coaches review & evaluate.

Thank you 21 for the edit. Much better.

Marvin was a really good wr...then the rules changed...and he became HOF worthy. No coincidence 95% of those highlights were after the chuck rule was changed. When we got against fast, strong, agressive secondaries before that rule change we shrank like violets. I love Marvin...best hands and feet in the game possibly but he was no Jerry Rice. Jerry played his whole career when you could get mugged on every down and produced. When we got against teams that would play physical in the secondary...we struggled...Reggie, Marvin, and Dallas couldn't get open. Then the rules changed and you saw guys like Harrison and Malloy and Law fade into the sunset. Football has almost turned into a video game now days but those teams that can still disrupt at the line of scrimmage for the 5 yards and still maintain position are very very elite. Why perhaps I believe someone like Champ Bailey may be one of the best corners ever because even at age like 40 he still gets it done in a league that is unforgiving to the defense.

Sorry I don't mean to upset the thread but just watching him get free release after free release I HAD to say something. That was suicide for the defense.

Marvin was a really good wr...then the rules changed...and he became HOF worthy. No coincidence 95% of those highlights were after the chuck rule was changed. When we got against fast, strong, agressive secondaries before that rule change we shrank like violets. I love Marvin...best hands and feet in the game possibly but he was no Jerry Rice. Jerry played his whole career when you could get mugged on every down and produced. When we got against teams that would play physical in the secondary...we struggled...Reggie, Marvin, and Dallas couldn't get open. Then the rules changed and you saw guys like Harrison and Malloy and Law fade into the sunset. Football has almost turned into a video game now days but those teams that can still disrupt at the line of scrimmage for the 5 yards and still maintain position are very very elite. Why perhaps I believe someone like Champ Bailey may be one of the best corners ever because even at age like 40 he still gets it done in a league that is unforgiving to the defense.

Sorry I don't mean to upset the thread but just watching him get free release after free release I HAD to say something. That was suicide for the defense.

Wrong, no rules were changed, just the enforcement of the existing rule. The pats brought that one on themselves, because the refs swallowed there whistles in 2004 when the pats just decided to tackle colts recievers at the line of scrimmage. You didn't upset the thread you just spouted off half truth's and a bit of conjecture that doesn't really reflect the facts. Marvin had 143 catches in 2002 before he league re-emphasized the 5 yd chuck rule, so much for your hypothesis.

Marvin was great.

But after watching that video I come away more impressed with Peyton than anything.

Some of those balls, and reads...Wow....On the money.

Never once was Marvin over extended, or having to leave his feet. Sure he dragged his feet, and that is amazing how he managed to do it.....But those throws.....Unreal...

Wrong, no rules were changed, just the enforcement of the existing rule. The pats brought that one on themselves, because the refs swallowed there whistles in 2004 when the pats just decided to tackle colts recievers at the line of scrimmage. You didn't upset the thread you just spouted off half truth's and a bit of conjecture that doesn't really reflect the facts. Marvin had 143 catches in 2002 before he league re-emphasized the 5 yd chuck rule, so much for your hypothesis.

To me a lot changed after the "re-emphasized chuck rule". Why else are there so many 4,000 yd passers. It changed the NFL whether you agree if it affected Marvins career or not. I said he was great. My favorite Colt receiver next to Berry but there is no doubt in my mind his longevity and success was altered greatly after those rule changes. Same can be said for qbs. Marino is still my greatest passing qb of all time. Era's changed and the rules enforcements definately benefited us a great deal....heck even the Patriots changed from a run first to a pass first team. Point was he showed up small in most of our biggest games in the playoffs against press coverages...as did Peyton as well quite frankly but that doesn't change the fact they were great!!! My point was just watching that you had to be stupid to let them have a free release off the line of scrimmage....with the timing and his moves...that was insane. That was my point!