Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFCCG will almost certainly be broncos v pats

rg3isnumber1

It's impossible to predict. No one had the Jets going to an AFCCG, but they made it to 2 back to back. I think the Texans are balanced enough to get the job done and I think Schaub is very underrated as a QB. And if the Ravens can get a few wins and have their defense heal up, they could be a force. The way it is right now, I could see any of the current 6 playoff position teams making it. My personal prediction was a Texans-49ers Super Bowl.

The reality is, it will be the Colts vs. whoever the other WC team is. That is if the Colts make the playoffs of course but this is my fantasy scenario so deal with it.

The Colts will be the 5th seed and host the title game over the 6th seed as both WCs perform shocking upsets. The Colts will beat the Steelers/Bengals to head to the SB. Then in the SB they beat the Packers again after being down 21-3 at halftime again and Reggie Wayne is SB MVP after having 300 yards receiving this time vs. Green Bay. Pagano is lifted up by the Colts team when the game is over and they all chant, "Chuck Chuck Chuck."

The reality is, it will be the Colts vs. whoever the other WC team is. That is if the Colts make the playoffs of course but this is my fantasy scenario so deal with it.

The Colts will be the 5th seed and host the title game over the 6th seed as both WCs perform shocking upsets. The Colts will beat the Steelers/Bengals to head to the SB. Then in the SB they beat the Packers again after being down 21-3 at halftime again and Reggie Wayne is SB MVP after having 300 yards receiving this time vs. Green Bay. Pagano is lifted up by the Colts team when the game is over and they all chant, "Chuck Chuck Chuck."

:'( beautiful

IDK what to say to that.

It all depends on the Steelers, hate to say it.

If the Steelers are a #6 seed and upset a #3 seed in the Broncos or Pats, the Broncos or Patriots do not make it past the wild card round. But then, they cannot play Ryan Clark in Denver, so Peyton will just have Polamalu to duke it out with. If the Steelers are a #5 seed and beat a #4 seed in the Ravens, they have the capability to beat the Texans on the road with their D at full strength, IMO. If the Steelers are a #4 seed, they are very much capable of beating the Texans on the road as well.

Either way, I think the Steelers will make a dent in the playoffs and as a result, both the Broncos and Patriots will not be in the AFCCG together, IMO. Broncos and Patriots are destined for the #2/#3 seedings, IMO.

Nice vision there Jules...Never gonna come to fruition though....I don't put that much stock in the Chuck Pagano good will Cancer recovery following. A limited shelf life of potency if you ask me. Passion, talent, chemistry, & experience must collide on the field over a sustained period of weeks. We have passion. We have chemistry. But our talent & experience is just not there yet. Year 3 we will be firing on all cylinders not before then IMO.

Although, if Tampa Bay makes the Playoffs, that team could be a bloody buzz saw to a good number of teams via the spoiler alert label as teams get knocked outta the Playoffs.

Coach Greg Schiano, QB Josh Freeman, WR Vincent Jackson, RB Lagarette Blount...Holy Bleep that squad is deadly and extremely dangerous...I wouldn't wanna see em in the Playoffs man!

Safety Ronde Barber is still a stud on defense too...Wow! He excels at jumping routes and taking the pick all the way to the House too!

I pity the fool who goes up against the Seattle Seahawks too should that team win their division. QB Russell Wilson is a smart, tough, & agile S.O.B. with a killer, ferocious defense at his disposal.

I saw Russell Wilson at UW-Madison; the kid plays like a 10 year veteran who rarely gets rattled & glides with his swift feet.

Another sleeper team that no one should laugh at or dismiss. Pete Carroll can coach defense too!

I pity the fool who goes up against the Seattle Seahawks too should that team win their division. QB Russell Wilson is a smart, tough, & agile S.O.B. with a killer, ferocious defense at his disposal.

I saw Russell Wilson at UW-Madison; the kid plays like a 10 year veteran who rarely gets rattled & glides with his swift feet.

Another sleeper team that no one should laugh at or dismiss. Pete Carroll can coach defense too!

The Seahawks are no joke this year. I think they will for sure make the playoffs and will cause some damage once they get there as well.

Nice vision there Jules..

I know, I enjoyed it too. But, more likely we will be on the road for the title game in my fantasy football dreams. ... lmao;)

However, if you forced me to pick ONE TEAM from the AFC I would feel most comfortable with right now it is New England. I can almost feel the energy from them this season....and they have had ways of going to New Orleans in the past.

I know, I enjoyed it too. But, more likely we will be on the road for the title game in my fantasy football dreams. ... lmao ;)

However, if you forced me to pick ONE TEAM from the AFC I would feel most comfortable with right now it is New England. I can almost feel the energy from them this season....and they have had ways of going to New Orleans in the past.

I love your exuberance, optimism, & vivid imagination there. It’s quite infectious & enlightening…A place I’d like to vacation at actually with a nice tropical drink in my hand with a pretty redhead smiling & laughing at my jokes…But, I digress…

Hey, if you can have enthralling dreams about Aaron Rogers & the Colts, then I can have warm & fuzzy flights of fancy about leisurely locations and breathtakingly beautiful redheads Jules. haha Just Kidding!!!

Where was I again? A happy place...What was the topic again...Oh yeah, the AFC Championship Game that's right. Yeah, NE & Houston seem poised to meet face to face here IMO. No argument there.

I love your exuberance, optimism, & vivid imagination there. It’s quite infectious & enlightening…A place I’d like to vacation at actually with a nice tropical drink in my hand with a pretty redhead smiling & laughing at my jokes…But, I digress…

Hey, if you can have enthralling dreams about Aaron Rogers & the Colts, then I can have warm & fuzzy flights of fancy about leisurely locations and breathtakingly beautiful redheads Jules. haha Just Kidding!!!

Where was I again? A happy place...What was the topic again...Oh yeah, the AFC Championship Game that's right. Yeah, NE & Houston seem poised to meet face to face here IMO. No argument there.

Yeah I didn't mention that after the SB loss by the Packers to the Colts, I go on vacation with Rodgers and help cheer him up. We might see you and the mystery redhead when we are there. We'll buy you guys a few drinks cause Aaron is rich. Rodgers will be quite confused as to why he and his team have so much trouble with this young Colts team. He will flat out tell me, "Jules, their secondary sucks. I even laugh at them when I watch the tape. But, they always get that game changing interception from me and I never even know who the guys name is but he gets it and it is always early in the second half."

Oh yeah back to the title game....oh yes title game. AFC. Title Game. Well I didn't necessarily pick Houston to be there. Not sure really, they can do it though.

Have to see how the seedings work out first and who can meet whom and when and how. If people want it to come down to this epic Manning/Brady showdown it depends on seedings......

The team I might feel really bad for if they blow it come playoff time is the Ravens. Those poor guys had it in the grasps of their hands last year....oh man.

I respect Peyton Manning tremendously, but I see the Broncos in next year's SB vs. the NO Saints...Vengeance Thy Name is #18!!!

we will really get to see what Mcgahee means to team and whatr changes broncos can make in offense to offset his runs, blocks & play action setups and protecting peyton up the middle & via blitzes

Team cant aford WR injuries and DT wearing down, each weak knee hurts more

Late season easier sched save Balt & Tampa may lure team into not being prepared /' fully playoff ready as not tested as much

Anyone agree? Look at the sb winners/losers lately. All have been very good qbs: Brady, Manning(both), Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers, Warner are all top qbs.

I dont think game managers like schaub and flacco will cut it. quote me in february.

Kind of hard to call Shaub something as simple as a "game manager" after what he's done this season. I'd say he's a bit more than a game manager. However my opinion on the Texans as an overall team is I don't think they will make it to the Super Bowl. This season for them reminds me somewhat of the one loss season our Colts had up until the final weeks when we were resting starters. We got all that time off, and then we came into our 1st playoff game against a HUNGRY Pittsburgh Steelers teams absolutely FLAT!

The way the Texans have played these past couple of games, leaves you feeling like they may run into the same fate as we did that year. You only get so many come back wins, and whatever else is allowing you to not drop these kind of games until fate catches up with you. Time will tell I suppose...

Either Houston or New England versus Ravens. The Broncos are no match for any top team in the AFC. The Texans showed they were beatable versus Detroit. I would say the Ravens would be favorites, but with Flacco as QB, I wouldn't say it with much conviction.

It all depends on the Steelers, hate to say it.

If the Steelers are a #6 seed and upset a #3 seed in the Broncos or Pats, the Broncos or Patriots do not make it past the wild card round. But then, they cannot play Ryan Clark in Denver, so Peyton will just have Polamalu to duke it out with. If the Steelers are a #5 seed and beat a #4 seed in the Ravens, they have the capability to beat the Texans on the road with their D at full strength, IMO. If the Steelers are a #4 seed, they are very much capable of beating the Texans on the road as well.

Either way, I think the Steelers will make a dent in the playoffs and as a result, both the Broncos and Patriots will not be in the AFCCG together, IMO. Broncos and Patriots are destined for the #2/#3 seedings, IMO.

The Steelers are definitely a team to watch in the grand scheme of things.

we will really get to see what Mcgahee means to team and whatr changes broncos can make in offense to offset his runs, blocks & play action setups and protecting peyton up the middle & via blitzes

Team cant aford WR injuries and DT wearing down, each weak knee hurts more

Late season easier sched save Balt & Tampa may lure team into not being prepared /' fully playoff ready as not tested as much

I agree with everything you said here buddy, but I ran out of likes Grrr! Nice Job Barry! ;) :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

Yeah I didn't mention that after the SB loss by the Packers to the Colts, I go on vacation with Rodgers and help cheer him up. We might see you and the mystery redhead when we are there. We'll buy you guys a few drinks cause Aaron is rich. Rodgers will be quite confused as to why he and his team have so much trouble with this young Colts team. He will flat out tell me, "Jules, their secondary sucks. I even laugh at them when I watch the tape. But, they always get that game changing interception from me and I never even know who the guys name is but he gets it and it is always early in the second half."

Oh yeah back to the title game....oh yes title game. AFC. Title Game. Well I didn't necessarily pick Houston to be there. Not sure really, they can do it though.

Have to see how the seedings work out first and who can meet whom and when and how. If people want it to come down to this epic Manning/Brady showdown it depends on seedings......

The team I might feel really bad for if they blow it come playoff time is the Ravens. Those poor guys had it in the grasps of their hands last year....oh man.

Yup, that's my fundamental weakness...a drop dead gorgeous redhead. They make me powerless & weak in the knees like Kryptonite to Superman. I can't resist it, but at least I will leave this world with a smile on my face Jules. :clap: :yahoo:

Yeah, I'm always up for a Brady vs Manning showdown. It's a favorite tradition of mine like watching Chevy Chase in "Natl. Lampoons Christmas Vacation." "It's a bit nipply outside isn't it?" "Russ, untangle those lights for me will Ya? Thanks." Chevy Chase/Clark Grisswold has his son a giant ball of christmas lights that no one could unwrap in a million years. haha

Like you, I feel sorry for the Ravens too. Last year, QB Joe Flacco throws a perfect pass to WI alumni/Baltimore WR Lee Evans which he dropped...I'm so embarrassed. Come on Lee! Represent the WI Badgers with pride darn it! Grrr! And this year 1st T-sizzle was out for awhile and now The Great HOF LB Ray Lewis... :sigh: Now, that just ain't right or fair IMHO...

Yes, The Texas are vulnerable on D sure, but they are still winning. Just like in 2006 when the Colts defense sucked and Bob Sanders flipped the toughness switch all the way to Championship Glory. JJ Watt and Wade Phillips are the 2 key ingredients here IMO. That team knows what time it is...

Ah, Aaron Rogers...He can take a joke and laugh at his own expense pretty good...

http://youtu.be/j9Rv7czl9cU

You guys are thinking Peyton with a Colts defense. This is Peyton with a Denver defense. They will NOT go 1 and out. They will make it to the Championship game. Fear a team playing with fire cause thats exactly what the Broncos are doing. The Texans will be beat in the first round. Pats i think is a 70/30 chance of winning first game. Depends on which Pats defense shows up and if Gronk is ready to go. Which i doubt he will be.

I will never bet against Peyton or that Broncos defense. I may loose one or two betting like that, but time has shown i'll win at least 10 each year and thats a risk i'm willing to take.. 'how bout that' :) LOL

Without Willis it will not go through Denver Sorry guys

I don't know about that Princeton Tiger...No team is bigger than 1 man. Sure losing RB Willis is a blow for Denver for sure, but RB Terrell Davis was a stud who came out of nowhere, took the NFL by storm, and won 2 SB's for HOF QB John Elway. My point is "Diamonds in the rough" can be found anywhere at any time in this league. Plus, #18 is still healthy and running that offense as smooth as a tailored glove IMO. Never underestimate Yoda my friend. :thmup:

You had this dream too then :P, if only. I can see the Pats being AFC champions again,for a much maligned D they've stepped it up in the last two games. Well ok it was the Jets and our good selves but still, turnovers seem to be like busses in this game, unfortunately in our case we're at the bus stop looking longingly.

I can see SF making it in the NFC after last years muff up, but I'm a little biased as they're kinda my second team. You can never rule out those Giants, no matter how bad they play regular season they find a way in.

Ravens vs. Pats round II. Ravens get NE at home and get past them.

Anyone agree? Look at the sb winners/losers lately. All have been very good qbs: Brady, Manning(both), Roethlisberger, Brees, Rodgers, Warner are all top qbs.

I dont think game managers like schaub and flacco will cut it. quote me in february.

The game managing Joe Flacco was one dropped pass away from playing in the SB last year. Meanwhile the "non-game managing" Tom Brady threw 2 INTs and played a very average game and still won. While Eli is a good QB I dont think he is better than Brady and he's beaten him twice now.

In 2006, the "non-game managing" Peyton Manning threw 2 INTs against Baltimore and still managed to move on to the AFCCG and eventually SB.

Most of the greats still needed the team around them to play well. Its not like Schaub and Flacco are Trent Dilfer. They are very capable QBs that have very good teams around them.

Im sure one of them will lose in their first game because it almost always happens. Its happened to Brady and Manning themselves.

The Ravens and Texans are really good teams. Flacco and Schaub are also good QBs too.

You are wrong, it won't be the Patriots, Flacco and Schaub are more than game managers, Pats lose to the Ravens, Ravens lose to Texans, Texans lose to Broncos or any combination mix and match with Broncos winning AFC title.

Houston will have home field against everybody.....cant go by the past

Hey Jules,

According to Conan OBrian and "Dr. Who" actress Karen Gillan, if I am fond of ladies with Ginger Hair, I need to vacation in Europe specifically Scotland. After I tour Scotland & find my "special Ginger," I will hook up with you & Aaron at your tropical vacation location okay. Don't worry Jules, I promise to give you quality "private time" with Mr. Discount Doublecheck. ;) :thmup: See You Tube video below for an explanation:

I agree with everything you said here buddy, but I ran out of likes Grrr! Nice Job Barry! ;) :thmup: :thmup: :thmup: :thmup:

Moreno did well but he has always done well Vs KC for some reason, he also lets face it had freshest legs on that team

Hillman had 3 plays, 1 when Moreno lost shoe, Ball none

Manning almost went out with concusiion but tested and was alowed to stay in

was under pressure all day,

The defense wasnt there till 15 second left in game heave for IT & if just fell to ground would of ended game

run d absent, not much pressure on a QB QUINN with hurting KC OL with starting good LT out and 2 others were game time decisions

To credit in redzone did stop them for only FG goals

PRESSURE & GREAT COVERAGE ALL DAY ON PEYTON & RECEIVERS

Maybe the fact that Peyton was under such presure all day even thrown to ground and head hitting it hard and evaluated for concussion is that lack of McGahee back there blocking,

they even ran once a 2 back and still got threw

Hillman went to side as an outlet but dont know if he was first supposed to pick up a blitzer as he surely didnt try nor did Moreno & still Peyton came under pressure, also dont know Morenos specific instructions so cant say what was intended, just know Peyton rocked alot

Peyton was hammered in that game. He hit hard a bunch. Which brings up a coaching question of sorts. I think Moore coached him to hit the dirt when pressure came. Cause now.. he hangs in and takes hits. Personally... Peyton... for the love of all things Holy.. HIT THE DIRT ON YOUR OWN POWER PLEASE!! ;)

Peyton was hammered in that game. He hit hard a bunch. Which brings up a coaching question of sorts. I think Moore coached him to hit the dirt when pressure came. Cause now.. he hangs in and takes hits. Personally... Peyton... for the love of all things Holy.. HIT THE DIRT ON YOUR OWN POWER PLEASE!! ;)

Agree but sometimes

Was scary when banged head against ground and need concussion eval, but thats also when he hung in and threw TD to tamme in 2 minute drill at halfs end to take l;ead