Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anyone else think Houston is really overrated?

rg3isnumber1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should join the Texans cheer leading squad. You'll be the ugliest but you would be the best darn cheer leader they have! Jk lol

Ah yes, the classic counter argument that never works...Attack the masculinity of a blogger whose opinion you do not share. A strange & peculiar move that is neither funny nor profound. :facepalm:

I am an admirer of the entire NFL Sir. The Colts are my favorite team & yet I am somehow forbidden from pointing out another football squad's obvious talent level.

Real debate & analysis requires wide scrutiny not just a narrow division focus.

• 2 weeks later...

Think about it allowing 458 and 525 yards back to back/ a quarterback that is literally begging the opponent to win by throwing overtime picks/ against the better QBs, the defense struggles (Rodgers, Stafford, Manning) and Brady is coming in 2 weeks

no way this team is coming close to a sb, patriots are probably going to steam roll them and i wouldnt be surprised if the broncos as well now that they are sync

matt schaub is the worst qb of all the playoff qbs, kinda feel bad for texans fans

why bring this up today???

Ooops.

The Texans are 11-2 and still in the drivers seat for the #1 seed in the AFC, even tho they do have the tough schedule coming up with three games against winnings teams . .

And the Texans may very well make it to the SB and win it . . .

The only knock that I have on the Texans is that when it comes to primetime buckle your chin straps games the team tends to perform worse than they do in other games . . . last night's game, the Packers game earlier this season, and the primetime game, i think it was 2010, when the Texans had a chance to beat the colts to take a hold of the division and lost . . .

down the road things could very well change, but Texans struggle in games when everyone is watching . . .

Ah yes, the classic counter argument that never works...Attack the masculinity of a blogger whose opinion you do not share. A strange & peculiar move that is neither funny nor profound. :facepalm:

I am an admirer of the entire NFL Sir. The Colts are my favorite team & yet I am somehow forbidden from pointing out another football squad's obvious talent level.

Real debate & analysis requires wide scrutiny not just a narrow division focus.

I was just playing with you man. I just don't care for the Texans.

The Texans are 11-2 and still in the drivers seat for the #1 seed in the AFC, even tho they do have the tough schedule coming up with three games against winnings teams . .

And the Texans may very well make it to the SB and win it . . .

The only knock that I have on the Texans is that when it comes to primetime buckle your chin straps games the team tends to perform worse than they do in other games . . . last night's game, the Packers game earlier this season, and the primetime game, i think it was 2010, when the Texans had a chance to beat the colts to take a hold of the division and lost . . .

down the road things could very well change, but Texans struggle in games when everyone is watching . . .

Too true my friend. We even struggled against the Jets, but did well enough against the Bears. I don't know what is wrong with them when it comes to Prime Time. At least they have shown that they can win in the playoffs lol. As long as they continue to be able to do that then I think they should be okay.

I hate the Texans, but they are a pretty darn good team this yr.. I don't think they'll win the SB, but the Colts have had quite a few really good regular seasons too, just to blow it in the playoffs. I see the Texans as a very similar team to those old Colts teams. just think they are missing something to be a SB team, but they are still one of the best teams in the AFC right now.

It really doesn't matter who has the best record. It matters who is hot at the end of the year and going into the playoffs. The Giants and Steelers have shown that it only matters when you are winning in the playoffs. From that aspect it would be good for the Texans to finish out the year strong. But it sure would be cool to see the Colts win at least one against the Texans.

Every team out there this year looks to have holes in the armor. Who knows what will happen, but it should make the playoffs interesting.

I hate the Texans, but they are a pretty darn good team this yr.. I don't think they'll win the SB, but the Colts have had quite a few really good regular seasons too, just to blow it in the playoffs. I see the Texans as a very similar team to those old Colts teams. just think they are missing something to be a SB team, but they are still one of the best teams in the AFC right now.

Talent-wise the Texans are not overrated....they're actually loaded pretty well.

As far as winning crucial games? I am not sold on them....and last night all that talent was largely neutralized in a crucial game. And they, much like the Falcons and the early playoff editions of our own Manning-led Colts....have no long glorious history of winning big games.

They might change that starting this week and finishing out the season...or they may stumble like alot of teams with relatively new found success do.

As of right now....I see them as that annual "sexy" pick that people plug into the Super Bowl, but inevitably falls short.

Talent-wise the Texans are not overrated....they're actually loaded pretty well.

As far as winning crucial games? I am not sold on them....and last night all that talent was largely neutralized in a crucial game. And they, much like the Falcons and the early playoff editions of our own Manning-led Colts....have no long glorious history of winning big games.

They might change that starting this week and finishing out the season...or they may stumble like alot of teams with relatively new found success do.

As of right now....I see them as that annual "sexy" pick that people plug into the Super Bowl, but inevitably falls short.

I agree, very talented team on paper, but I don't like their chances in the playoffs and its probably because of Schaub more than anything else. If I were a Texans fan, having him at QB would scare me. I have just never seen that "it" factor in him, although I'm not sure what "it" is, but I just don't see it in him. Another thing against them is their secondary, just not that good IMO.

It really doesn't matter who has the best record. It matters who is hot at the end of the year and going into the playoffs. The Giants and Steelers have shown that it only matters when you are winning in the playoffs. From that aspect it would be good for the Texans to finish out the year strong. But it sure would be cool to see the Colts win at least one against the Texans.

Every team out there this year looks to have holes in the armor. Who knows what will happen, but it should make the playoffs interesting.

It does matter who has the best record because most teams play a lot better at home...

Home teams win most games...

If Houston beats the Colts twice....this ugly butt-whipping in New England wont matter

Too true my friend. We even struggled against the Jets, but did well enough against the Bears. I don't know what is wrong with them when it comes to Prime Time. At least they have shown that they can win in the playoffs lol. As long as they continue to be able to do that then I think they should be okay.

sooner or later a team will come around to win more often that not at Prime Time and/or up against the tough teams . . . the Pats had several years where our team could not win big games, found many ways to lose games . . . but we have won some big ones in the last decade . . . it is just a matter of time . . . the Texans are prime this year to correct this issue . . . they won a playoff game last year with a 3rd string QB, now it is time to improve on this win and try to win two or three . . .

It does matter who has the best record because most teams play a lot better at home...

Home teams win most games...

If Houston beats the Colts twice....this ugly butt-whipping in New England wont matter

That's been less true recently in the playoffs. The Packers didn't have a home game when they won it all and the Giants won both of their recent Super Bowls with a grand total of 1 home playoff game.

That's been less true recently in the playoffs. The Packers didn't have a home game when they won it all and the Giants won both of their recent Super Bowls with a grand total of 1 home playoff game.

But you are only looking at 2 teams that won the Super Bowl...not everybody

Look at ALL teams that make the playoffs.

The home team wins more than 60% of the time...

...so it matters if you get home games

redskins fans dont know that tho, havent done anythin in 2 decades

#truth

We killed the Dolphins and Jaguars the first time we played, but you are right about us not being able to put away the Jets and Jaguars the second time more easily. I don't care what anyone says but Detroit is a good team (despite their horrid record), they even gave Green Bay trouble last week. I respect your opinion but I think you are wrong about us losing at home in the playoffs. We have a better chance of not making the playoffs than that happening hahaha.

Detroit is a good team. I learned a lot about our team from that win.

redskins fans dont know that tho, havent done anythin in 2 decades

#truth

Sure, the odds are still in the favor of the home team but it's really not THAT significant. The Colts were only 6-4 on their home turf in the playoffs with one of the greatest QBs of all time and you guys were said to have had a particularly strong homefield advantage.

It may have been about 20 years since we made a splash in the playoffs but I'll gladly take our 3 championships from '82-'91 with three different, very mediocre QBs over all but completely wasting one of the best QBs of all time by only managing one ring. He still seemingly has enough gas left in the tank to win another one, too.

Sure, the odds are still in the favor of the home team but it's really not THAT significant. The Colts were only 6-4 on their home turf in the playoffs with one of the greatest QBs of all time and you guys were said to have had a particularly strong homefield advantage.

It may have been about 20 years since we made a splash in the playoffs but I'll gladly take our 3 championships from '82-'91 with three different, very mediocre QBs over all but completely wasting one of the best QBs of all time by only managing one ring. He still seemingly has enough gas left in the tank to win another one, too.

you make a good point

Manning was atrocious at home i dont know why, 2005, 2007, 2008

No, they aren't overrated. Forget about the NE game, that's already ancient history. Teams stumble at times in the regular season, even the great ones. The Patriots had to claw their way past Miami two weeks ago, and the game wasn't sealed until late in the 4th. The same weekend, the Chiefs had a 4th quarter lead before the Broncos finally closed them out.

"Winning ugly" isn't what we like to see as fans, but it's the hallmark of any great team.

Hey, hey now. Doug Williams showed up when it mattered...lol...

No because no one is guaranteeing the Texans going all the way. When the SB is mentioned three AFC teams are alwys bunched in as possibles. I hear maybe the best defense, a solid offense and thats about as far as I have heard on the Texans. Right now here in Houston the crowd has been silenced after the whoopin' by the Pats. After Roger and Brady wiped the floor with their defense who would argue that Manning is not going to do the same thing? I believe the coming AFC playoff is another classic battle between the two best QBs in the game. "Better ingredients, better team...Denver Broncos".

Think about it allowing 458 and 525 yards back to back/ a quarterback that is literally begging the opponent to win by throwing overtime picks/ against the better QBs, the defense struggles (Rodgers, Stafford, Manning) and Brady is coming in 2 weeks

no way this team is coming close to a sb, patriots are probably going to steam roll them and i wouldnt be surprised if the broncos as well now that they are sync

matt schaub is the worst qb of all the playoff qbs, kinda feel bad for texans fans

They're not over rated, what happened is the injury bug has bitten their defense. Matt Schabb isn't a bad QB, he can make all the throws but I don't think he's as talented as most elite QBs. If you shut down their running game, which isn't easy, you basically shut down Schaub too.

They're not over rated, what happened is the injury bug has bitten their defense. Matt Schabb isn't a bad QB, he can make all the throws but I don't think he's as talented as most elite QBs. If you shut down their running game, which isn't easy, you basically shut down Schaub too.

the injury bug has had a feast w/the Packers unfortunately & we've won 8 of our last 9 games. Injury bug is an excuse. It's next man up. Matthews has missed the last 4 games. We've had 2nd & 3rd stringers in there & won.

Oh yeah, they are frauds. And it's not even close with them and NE. NE is ridiculously better and more well coached then the Texans are.The refs and a blocked punt helped the big bad Texans today.Enjoy the best record though.....

Not to mention moore's fumble and reitz's penalty that negated 14 pts..I'm not ready to crown them and looking forward to seeing them in the playoffs again..we played them really tough..

Oh yeah, they are frauds. And it's not even close with them and NE. NE is ridiculously better and more well coached then the Texans are.The refs and a blocked punt helped the big bad Texans today.Enjoy the best record though..... Not to mention moore's fumble and reitz's penalty that negated 14 pts..I'm not ready to crown them and looking forward to seeing them in the playoffs again..we played them really tough..

Yeah that too and this posting lately is getting really confusing how it is being messed up.