Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does anyone else think Houston is really overrated?

rg3isnumber1

Think about it allowing 458 and 525 yards back to back/ a quarterback that is literally begging the opponent to win by throwing overtime picks/ against the better QBs, the defense struggles (Rodgers, Stafford, Manning) and Brady is coming in 2 weeks

no way this team is coming close to a sb, patriots are probably going to steam roll them and i wouldnt be surprised if the broncos as well now that they are sync

matt schaub is the worst qb of all the playoff qbs, kinda feel bad for texans fans

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll, troll, troll. When are they going to ban you? Rodgers, Stafford, and Manning are all three very good quarterbacks, and we actually did not struggle against Manning in that game. He just showed up in the fourth quarter and did what he has been known to do, rally. We have pulled out wins largely in part because of Matt Schaub...did you watch either of his final drives the past two games? He and Andre Johnson are money and seem to have that clutch gene that everyone wants to talk about. I'd still take the Texans over the Broncos at this point and as for the Patriots...we will see. Matt Schaub is a top tier quarterback, I see having a 4 TD day for Griffin has made you cocky. Guess what? Schaub tossed five last week. :number1:

If you think Houston is the best team in the NFL...you probably have them overrated...

they cant get shelled like they have the last two weeks..and be the best team in the NFL...

and there is no such thing as a clutch gene

Every team in this league has lost at least once. Broncos have lost 3 times. So have the Patriots. No team is going to be perfect...heck even Atlanta has holes. The clutch gene is obviously not a real gene. It was just a figure of speech. Patriots may be the best, Texans may be the best, Falcons, 49ers. We will see down the stretch.

Think about it allowing 458 and 525 yards back to back/ a quarterback that is literally begging the opponent to win by throwing overtime picks/ against the better QBs, the defense struggles (Rodgers, Stafford, Manning) and Brady is coming in 2 weeks

no way this team is coming close to a sb, patriots are probably going to steam roll them and i wouldnt be surprised if the broncos as well now that they are sync

matt schaub is the worst qb of all the playoff qbs, kinda feel bad for texans fans

yards means nothing. they won didn't they. And have been winning games that looked like a loss.......hmmmmmm.

Troll, troll, troll. When are they going to ban you? Rodgers, Stafford, and Manning are all three very good quarterbacks, and we actually did not struggle against Manning in that game. He just showed up in the fourth quarter and did what he has been known to do, rally. We have pulled out wins largely in part because of Matt Schaub...did you watch either of his final drives the past two games? He and Andre Johnson are money and seem to have that clutch gene that everyone wants to talk about. I'd still take the Texans over the Broncos at this point and as for the Patriots...we will see. Matt Schaub is a top tier quarterback, I see having a 4 TD day for Griffin has made you cocky. Guess what? Schaub tossed five last week. :number1:

YESTERDAY Shaub had like 3 dropped INT ONE right in the defenders hands LITERALLY... AND the Texans got a gift TD... (How they didnt rule him down on that run is beyond me.) Those kind of throws will cost the texans IF they happen in the playoffs... playoff teams dont drop INT... especially easy ones..

That said I can see the Texans losing 2 more games 1 to the colts and 1 to NE... (If Gabbert can pick your D apart so can Luck and Brady.)

YESTERDAY Shaub had like 3 dropped INT ONE right in the defenders hands LITERALLY... AND the Texans got a gift TD... (How they didnt rule him down on that run is beyond me.) Those kind of throws will cost the texans IF they happen in the playoffs... playoff teams dont drop INT... especially easy ones..

That said I can see the Texans losing 2 more games 1 to the colts and 1 to NE... (If Gabbert can pick your D apart so can Luck and Brady.)

We can say if and or but for a lot of plays in the NFL. Guess what? Those "3 interceptions" were not caught. We won. All Blaine Gabbert did was pick his nose, I think you're going for Henne. We will see when we play each other, my friend. I'm not making any claims until the game is over. New England is a great team, and hopefully we will have improved on defense (and gotten some starters back in the line-up) by the time we face each other.

There's quite a few on here who when presented with any form critiscism of the Colts point to our record and say that's all that matters. Texans can do that and then some. Say what you will they've pulled out wins.

I wouldn't say they are the best team in the NFL in my own opinion but I wouldn't say they are certain to lose against the Pats, nor any other team. They've not been perfect but they've got some great individual performances this season in Foster, Johnson and JJ Swatt of course.

As for our two games, they're going to be tough.

We can say if and or but for a lot of plays in the NFL. Guess what? Those "3 interceptions" were not caught. We won. All Blaine Gabbert did was pick his nose, I think you're going for Henne. We will see when we play each other, my friend. I'm not making any claims until the game is over. New England is a great team, and hopefully we will have improved on defense (and gotten some starters back in the line-up) by the time we face each other.

Okay..but when they start losing..no excuses...

If you look at Houston's first 8 games..and then the last 3...something is clearly wrong defensively

Okay..but when they start losing..no excuses...

If you look at Houston's first 8 games..and then the last 3...something is clearly wrong defensively

I too am concerned, but hopefully things pick back up. Fatigue can be attributed to this past performance, but after a week of rest everything should be okay...I hope. We have some important games left on the schedule, and I think they are up to the challenge.

I believe Texans are top tier, maybe not the best of the best, but in the neighborhood. This is a parity league. Teams are closer together that it would sometimes appear. a player or two can make a lot of difference. Teams often go worst to first in the division. A few key injuries takes a playoff caliber team and makes them also rans. That's why they play the games on the field rather than stat sheets or Madden simulations.

Look, this past Sunday the Jags pulled out the any given Sunday card and gave the Texans a wild ride.

Then the Texans had to play a game on the road on VERY short rest, coming off an overtime game at that too. That game was then taken into overtime, so the Texans were gassed out.

They get a week and a half before their next opponent. I'd say Watt, Foster, etc all dropped dead the minute they hit their beds and probably got the best sleep of their lives last night. I'd be shocked if they were gameplanning for anything today.

Texans had some key players missing on their D on top of a short week. Not to mention, ever since they lost Cushing, their coverage of TEs has suffered a bit but they have not played a team with good TEs to test them. The Pats would be their best test but then the Pats may not have Gronk then and the Texans can do to the Pats what the Giants do to them, use long arms to tip balls at the line of scrimmage. I cant tell you how many balls I have seen JPP disrupt with Brady, Watt and company can do the same, IMO. Besides, it would be a MNF game vs the Pats, so an extra day of rest (quite the opposite of the Lions short week game). This was the last losable game for the Texans outside the Pats game.

Texans are also a low turnover type of team that can match up well against the Pats D because that D thrives on turnovers and Brady can make it lop sided if you give him good field position with turnovers. That is why you see Brady, and even Eli take more sacks and they'd rather punt than turn the ball over forcing things. You do the same, you stand a chance against the Pats in a 20s type of game.

Colts fans should root for a Texans win, that way, the last game is not necessary for the Texans to clinch the No.1 seeding, and the Colts may be able to squeak with a 10th win then if the Texans rest their starters for a half. :)

If the Texans are healthy and the Pats dont have Gronk on MNF, it will be a closer game than you think it will be.

"Just win baby" as Al Davis used to say and his quarterbacks weren't always All pro but they could win.

Matt Schaub is winning so they're at least top 2 with the Niners, Atlanta isn't as good as their record shows--wait, they're winning too, oh heck, they're all good and so is Denver.

I think I just picked my AFC and NFC contenders for the Super Bowl.

I am by now way a Houston supporter, but how can anyone say that a team that is 10-1, with the best record in football be called overrated? It doesn't matter how many yards they get, or give up, doesn't matter if they win by 1 or 100, they have won every game except one. Until a team has the same record or better, Houston is the number one team in football as of this moment. It is up to them now to see if they can hold onto the number one ranking. There may be teams playing better at this moment, (ie in stats, scoring margins, etc), but none of them are 10-1. Only Houston is 10-1.

People can argue that this team is better or that team is better..but in the end it all comes down to wins and losses. And right now, Houston has the most wins, and the least losses.

End of discussion.period.

"Just win baby" as Al Davis used to say and his quarterbacks weren't always All pro but they could win.

Matt Schaub is winning so they're at least top 2 with the Niners, Atlanta isn't as good as their record shows--wait, they're winning too, oh heck, they're all good and so is Denver.

I think I just picked my AFC and NFC contenders for the Super Bowl.

almost 1,000 yards allowedin 2 weeks..ignore it at your own risk

did not mean they would lose, but 2 teams I can see them losing to rather easily and get completely destroyed by IF they play sloppy against them is all. (last few games been sloppy IMO) BUT a good butt whipping IMO be better for them BEFORE they hit the playoffs so they dont go in over confident or cocky.. (almost losing to a division foe is understandable, but almost losing to the Jets, well be like the pats almost losing to the Jags.)

I am by now way a Houston supporter, but how can anyone say that a team that is 10-1, with the best record in football be called overrated? It doesn't matter how many yards they get, or give up, doesn't matter if they win by 1 or 100, they have won every game except one. Until a team has the same record or better, Houston is the number one team in football as of this moment. It is up to them now to see if they can hold onto the number one ranking. There may be teams playing better at this moment, (ie in stats, scoring margins, etc), but none of them are 10-1. Only Houston is 10-1.

People can argue that this team is better or that team is better..but in the end it all comes down to wins and losses. And right now, Houston has the most wins, and the least losses.

and that's why you're on a Indianapolis Colts message board trying to convince someone that the defending world champion Houston Texans arent slipping after giving up 1,000 yards to 2 sub.500 teams?

The irony of this thread to me is that it was started by a Skins fan. The NFC East is ridiculously overrated and I have been over this a million times. The big market babies get way too much attention and it's only natural. Yeah sure the Giants won a few recent SBs and are sometimes good when they have to be good, especially vs. another big market baby in New England. You know the league goes insane when it is Pats vs. Giants.....it's a dream Super Bowl no matter who wins for them.

I wonder if 9 wins is enough to win the NFC East again. Maybe 10 if they are really overachieving this year.

and that's why you're on a Indianapolis Colts message board trying to convince someone that the defending world champion Houston Texans arent slipping after giving up 1,000 yards to 2 sub.500 teams?

Fist off...do not EVER question my loyalty or love for the Colts. and don't say that you didn't due to your reference of that I am on an Indianapolis Colts message board. This is the GENERAL section of the forum, (no, this isn't where you can play GI Joe). This is an area of a Colts forum, where some people, (and some that might think they're people..aka trolls). come to talk about things NFL, other than the Colts.

Now, back to the topic...I never said that Houston wasn't slipping. If you had totally read my post, you would have seen that I said.."There may be teams playing better at this moment, (ie in stats, scoring margins, etc), but none of them are 10-1." I also said in my post " Until a team has the same record or better, Houston is the number one team in football as of this moment. It is up to them now to see if they can hold onto the number one ranking" So, in no means did I say that it will stay that way..My only point was that RIGHT NOW..like it or not, at this very moment, this very second..until another team has the same or better record..that Houston is the number one team in football..And that is a fact..

Welcome to the ignore button...

Fist off...do not EVER question my loyalty or love for the Colts.

Welcome to the ignore button...

:hello: Perhaps somebody should step in here an blow a whistle, because this conversation doesn't compute.

Mark, your assumption is completely off base and your inference insulting. CF4L, you might be over-reacting a bit. You are both great COLTS fans each of whose normally rational posts I enjoy. How about trying a :shake: or a :flowers: or a :hug:. Hate to see unnecessary bloodshed - particularly in a thread about HOUSTON. Does this make any sense to anyone. One of the wierdest threads I've seen in some time. Personally I couldn't care less if they are overrated or not.

This is hands down the most short sighted, far fetched, & most ludicrous post I have ever read. CF4L was merely pointing out as Bill Parcells says "You are what your record says you are." 10-1. And, it bleeping disgusts me when people question team loyalty simply because they may complement another team and what they are doing well. I am a fan of the entire NFL; The Indianapolis Colts are my #1 team and the same is true of my friend Colt Fan 4 Life. The minute a person questions a person's loyalty and devotion about something like team loyalty is the minute anyone can question your level of commitment to the Colts as well remember that.

Let's bury Joseph McCarthy, the "Red Scare", & blacklisting or mislabeling anyone's devotion for good oldunclemark. Thank you. I am pretty sure that this was not your original intent. Nevertheless, unfortunately you falsely inferred it oldunclemark. Is CBS TV Journalist Edward R. Murrow in the house?

"...We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty...We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason." [March 9, 1954.]

A solid quarterback.

One of the best running backs in football.

The hottest receiver right now.

One of the better O-lines around.

Top 5 defense.

Nah, they're not overrated.

Yeah, they gave up a lot of yards to Stafford, but guess what, he threw the ball 61 times, and completed it 31 times, he's gonna get a lot of yards. That Aaron Rodgers game was just one of those games, it happens to everyone. Last time I checked, they went to Denver and beat the Broncos.

Sure, a couple of games could have gone the other way, but the fact of the matter is, they're 10-1 and have the best record in the league, so no, they're not overrated.

I think over rated a bad word here, the Texans a very good team. are the the best team in the NFL? THATS SUBJECTIVE WITH ALL DO RESPECT TO THE TUNA. IMO the 49ers would destroy the Texans right now, i will even say based on their play this last Month or so (minus the Ravens game.) they have looked bad. (Phins,Jets,Jags,Lions) The game yesterday they won thanks to the Lions coach being an absolute >... against the better teams in the league (Denver,NE,Pitt,SF,Giants etc) they would get killed.. I still stick by my early post they could use a good butt whipping before the playoffs so they know they know they cant just sleep walk through the playoffs. if they dont get it.. I will say it now i, they will lose in the division round even if it is at home.

I think over rated a bad word here, the Texans a very good team. are the the best team in the NFL? THATS SUBJECTIVE WITH ALL DO RESPECT TO THE TUNA. IMO the 49ers would destroy the Texans right now, i will even say based on their play this last Month or so (minus the Ravens game.) they have looked bad. (Phins,Jets,Jags,Lions) The game yesterday they won thanks to the Lions coach being an absolute >... against the better teams in the league (Denver,NE,Pitt,SF,Giants etc) they would get killed.. I still stick by my early post they could use a good butt whipping before the playoffs so they know they know they cant just sleep walk through the playoffs. if they dont get it.. I will say it now i, they will lose in the division round even if it is at home.

We killed the Dolphins and Jaguars the first time we played, but you are right about us not being able to put away the Jets and Jaguars the second time more easily. I don't care what anyone says but Detroit is a good team (despite their horrid record), they even gave Green Bay trouble last week. I respect your opinion but I think you are wrong about us losing at home in the playoffs. We have a better chance of not making the playoffs than that happening hahaha.

Give Schaub a break! He had a rough game.

schaubnut_medium.gif

Suh kicking Schaub below the belt was beyond the pale. He might wanna have kids someday with his wife/fiancee man. What is Suh's problem man? :facepalm: Is he trying to take cheap shots on NFL players every Thanksgiving? Pathetic, Petty, & ridiculous Suh... :loco::nutz::nono::thmdown:

Yep. Perhaps overrated = jealousy ;)

I would only add that occasionaly you get a 10-1 paper tiger team but the Texans are far from that.