Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Foster led the NFL in rushing with a torn meniscus

21isSuperman

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820d2909/article/rushing-leader-foster-kept-torn-meniscus-secret-to-keep-job?module=HP_headlines

Arian Foster, the NFL's leading rusher in 2010, played the entire season with a torn meniscus in his knee, keeping the secret for fear of losing his job, the Houston Texans running back told The Sporting News.

--

That's pretty insane. Considering the type of pounding running backs take, to play with an injury of this magnitude is nuts.

Ehh, I'm not pleased with this. I'm going to play the devil's advocate here... Maurice Jones Drew had to fight through an injury and I'm sure other HB's had to do the same. What we don't know is how many and who. What I hate is Foster is coming out with this injury and some are hailing him as a tough guy? He would have been even tougher if he had kept his mouth shut and kept it professional.

Now that the injury is revealed, you can bet with Foster as big as he is, defenders are going to attack him at the knees. Even if Foster's injury is healed up, we all know an injury is never 100% healed. It might be cruel, but that's football. I suspect he will get re-injured and he has no one to blame but himself for not keeping his mouth shut.

Ehh, I'm not pleased with this. I'm going to play the devil's advocate here... Maurice Jones Drew had to fight through an injury and I'm sure other HB's had to do the same. What we don't know is how many and who. What I hate is Foster is coming out with this injury and some are hailing him as a tough guy? He would have been even tougher if he had kept his mouth shut and kept it professional.

Now that the injury is revealed, you can bet with Foster as big as he is, defenders are going to attack him at the knees. Even if Foster's injury is healed up, we all know an injury is never 100% healed. It might be cruel, but that's football. I suspect he will get re-injured and he has no one to blame but himself for not keeping his mouth shut.

I second this.