Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should have taken RG3

rg3isnumber1

Hehe det ved jeg nu godt, syntes bare forumet trængte til lidt hooliganisme ;-)

Nej rg3 er da en god qb og han skal nok blive god, er bare træt af de personer der bliver ved med at bringe den diskussion op på dette forum. Colts draftede Luck og som colts fan skal man støtte op om det valg, så hele diskussionen omkring hvem der er den bedste qb, er fra et ægte fan synspunkt irellevant.

Bendtner er nu heller ikke noget at råbe hurra for, han er også tidligere KB'er eller Fcker og jeg er brøndby fan, så har aldrig kunne lide ham ;-)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can undersell how important the running game is to Griffin's success. I don't mean to undervalue the guy because I think he's been very good (even if his fanboys on Twitter make me want to put my fist through my screen) but his game is made a lot easier by the passing situations he gets put in. He can get away with passing 15 times a game, and doing it successfully, because of how good his running game is (be it good o-line work or just the very impressive Alfred Morris), whereas we need Luck to throw it around upwards of 40 times. It's a shame. Also, the threat that Griffin can take off for 15-20 yards at any time also means the pass coverage has something else to keep an eye on.

Not that this is aimed against the thread creator who is clearly a troll... just a general point.

Rg3 has back to back 4td pass games that's very impressive for a rookie luck has set rookie passing record for yards in a game and the only rookie with 5 300 yard games both have been impressive in different ways even russell wilson has been good with two 3td passing games I believe all three of them could be elite one day tannehill has potential and weeden im not sure about

I 100% disagree. Let's not get too excited about a rookie QB who has a good running attack with a high completion percentage. Never underestimate how much a good running attack helps a young QB. Sanchez was in the AFC Title game I think his first two years because of a good running attack and defense. RG3 is also getting to run an offense similar to what he ran at Baylor. Luck is playing an offense that is nothing like his college offense and because of the long shots down field, he will probably never have gaudy stats. But the last I checked, the Colts had a better record with less talent.

RG3 is a media creation. When he can do that against a 49er defense, then I will be impressed. For me, I will take Luck over any QB in the NFL. The guy hasn't even scratch the surface on what he can do.

Hehe det ved jeg nu godt, syntes bare forumet trængte til lidt hooliganisme ;-)

Nej rg3 er da en god qb og han skal nok blive god, er bare træt af de personer der bliver ved med at bringe den diskussion op på dette forum. Colts draftede Luck og som colts fan skal man støtte op om det valg, så hele diskussionen omkring hvem der er den bedste qb, er fra et ægte fan synspunkt irellevant.

Bendtner er nu heller ikke noget at råbe hurra for, han er også tidligere KB'er eller Fcker og jeg er brøndby fan, så har aldrig kunne lide ham ;-)

Google translates this, so it must be right. It makes as much sense as this thread:

"Hehe I know now good, just seemed forum needed a little hooliganism ;-)

No rg3's a good QB and he'll be good, just tired of the people who continue to bring the discussion up to this forum. Colts draftede Luck and colts fan you should support this option, so the whole discussion about who is the best qb is from a true fan standpoint irellevant.

Bendtner is now nothing to boast about, he is also a former KBS or Fcker and I'm sox fan, so never liked him ;-)"

Alex Smith, I think, I ranked #4 in the NFL by passer rating. I doubt many people would consider him that high. You have to consider the offense that is being run, what a QB is asked to do, and what he does with it. I remember I believe three years ago Matt Cassel was a Pro Bowl QB by dumping off passes to the backs and screens. He has impressive numbers. But was never really that good a QB.

RG3 is a decent rookie QB. I think it says more about how bad the NFL defenses are with the rule changes and the fines then it does his ability. 20 years ago a rookie not named Dan Marino would struggle badly. Now it is the norm for them to come in and play like they did in college. The QBs aren't better. The defenses are worse.

II predict RG3 will never win a QB. His style has never won one and I don't think that will ever change. As soon as his running game isn't working, lets see how good he is. Luck, on the other hand, rarely has a running game. Teams know he is going to air it out 40 times a game. Big difference.

He also throws 18 times a game

28 times a game to Luck's 41. He completes about 19 a game whereas Luck completes about 24. In terms of real dropback opportunities I'd estimate that the difference is more like 35 to Luck's 45 seeing as Griffin has been sacked more than Luck and he's also elected to make plays with his legs on designed pass plays with much greater frequency.

Based on that, I'd say that some of you guys are dramatically overstating the degree to which Luck is a beast of burden relative to Griffin. They're both responsible for shouldering the bulk of the load for their respective offenses... just as you would expect out of any franchise QB.

I don't think you can undersell how important the running game is to Griffin's success. I don't mean to undervalue the guy because I think he's been very good (even if his fanboys on Twitter make me want to put my fist through my screen) but his game is made a lot easier by the passing situations he gets put in. He can get away with passing 15 times a game, and doing it successfully, because of how good his running game is (be it good o-line work or just the very impressive Alfred Morris), whereas we need Luck to throw it around upwards of 40 times. It's a shame. Also, the threat that Griffin can take off for 15-20 yards at any time also means the pass coverage has something else to keep an eye on.

Not that this is aimed against the thread creator who is clearly a troll... just a general point.

There is a strong interplay between the run game and the pass game, especially in the Redskins' offensive scheme. We don't use the run to set up the pass or the pass to set up the run, we use constant uncertainty of whether we're running or passing on any given play to freeze defenses and cause them to make mistakes. In that view, Morris' success does help Griffin but Griffin's success in his roles as both a passer and an additional run threat also helps Morris.

Griffin is such a huge part of our run game in both direct and indirect ways that I'd consider it unwise to attempt to divorce him from it just so that you can say "he gets a lot of help from the run game".

Redskin fans are consumed with rg3 vs luck. Instead of sticking it to romo or Jerry, redskin fan immediately tries to stick it to luck. I rooted for the redskins to beat Dallas' because of their obnoxious fans. Now, the redskins are turning out to be just like them. Didn't used to be that way. Where is your class, redskin fan? C'mon man!

We have a good run blocking offensive line and great participation from our receivers in the run game as well. However, our pass blocking is suspect and is exposed in a bad way if we find ourselves in a multiple score deficit. Our RT in particular is a sieve and our LG hasn't quite looked the same after suffering a serious knee injury after taking a cheap shot last season. These deficiencies are masked significantly by our ability to sell the playfake. That's beside the point, though...

The fact remains that Griffin was absolutely not supposed to outshine Luck as a rookie in terms of short-intermediate accuracy - but he has. Luck was also supposed to be the most pro-ready QB since Peyton and the best QB prospect since Elway, comparisons that were absolutely unfair to lay on the guy but were a direct reflection of his expected level of early success. RG was supposed to be more of a project, although some of us did argue to the contrary.

I think where the Colts O-line is worse is along the interior in general. For the past few seasons our interior O-line has been pretty bad in pass protection and has been horrific at run blocking. Now they have been better run blocking lately but they give up pressure and get pushed back quite often in the passing game. From what ive seen of the Redskins, the weakness appears to be you guys giving up pressure from the edges quite a bit. Id give the skins the edge overall but I do think you guys have problems on the O-line too.

I wouldnt say Griffin has been alot more accurate or wasnt expected to not* (edited) be as accurate. I think both guys were hailed for their accuracy. I think most people figured because Luck ran a pro system he would be a step ahead. The truth is Arians offense is quite a bit different than the west coast oriented system he ran at Stanford and he's being asked to throw down the field alot more than he did at Stanford. He's def. getting adjusted to this type of offense and making alot of mistakes along the way.

I do think Luck has actually been the best of the rookie in the intermediate to deeper intermediate passing game. I think he has been weaker in terms of the deep passing game and trying to force passes down the field too often (leading to ints and incompletions). Most of the off target throws this season, to me atleast, have been more so him trying to throw under pressure when he shouldnt be. Part of that goes back to the coaching staff expecting him to do all of these 5 and 7 step drops.

For example he's had quite a few passes this year where he's either sailed passes over the middle or underthrown WRs. Alot of those plays, if you watch, have been him stepping up or moving in the pocket to avoid pressure and throwing before he resets his feet or him altering his throwing motion because lineman are collapsing the pocket.

I see alot of talent in both these kids though. I think both franchises have very bright futures.

I wish these dumb Redskins threads would be in NFL General every other week and I knew this would happen as soon as the Skins beat someone again who was a notch above garbage. I don't come to the Colts section all the time to read about RG3 and especially threads started by Skins trolls. I don't even watch the Redskins much nor do I regret at any time that we took Luck who I wouldn't trade for anyone right now.

Luck has almost a thousand more yards than RG3. RG3 is a little too hot-headed and cocky for me as well. I'm glad we picked Luck.

RG3 is hot headed? He is a confident dude but I dont see him coming across as arrogant. Griffin says the right things just like Luck. I guarantee you Luck is just as confident in himself as Griffin.

Cam Newton...that is a different story.

28 times a game to Luck's 41. He completes about 19 a game whereas Luck completes about 24. In terms of real dropback opportunities I'd estimate that the difference is more like 35 to Luck's 45 seeing as Griffin has been sacked more than Luck and he's also elected to make plays with his legs on designed pass plays with much greater frequency.

Based on that, I'd say that some of you guys are dramatically overstating the degree to which Luck is a beast of burden relative to Griffin. They're both responsible for shouldering the bulk of the load for their respective offenses... just as you would expect out of any franchise QB.

Griffin has been sacked more because he isn't good in the pocket. Luck is GREAT in the pocket. Luck makes throws with defenders draped all over him. Griffin opts to run in those situations. We are saying he can't continue that type of play. Luck could run a whole lot more than he does. This will serve him in the long run by not doing so. But when does, he can truck people because he is a BAD man!

There is a strong interplay between the run game and the pass game, especially in the Redskins' offensive scheme. We don't use the run to set up the pass or the pass to set up the run, we use constant uncertainty of whether we're running or passing on any given play to freeze defenses and cause them to make mistakes. In that view, Morris' success does help Griffin but Griffin's success in his roles as both a passer and an additional run threat also helps Morris.

Griffin is such a huge part of our run game in both direct and indirect ways that I'd consider it unwise to attempt to divorce him from it just so that you can say "he gets a lot of help from the run game".

JWF Quote: RG3 is a little too hot-headed and cocky for me

Sorry dude I don't see that, he looks com and collective and humble...

If Colts did choose RG3 I would have supported the selection, I was the main guy at the CBS NFL Indy forums before I discovered this forum that wanted 100% Mr.A.Luck.

Go Colts...

RgIII has played a game more so when Luck throws for 300+ yards against Bill sunday, it will be about 1000 yards more than rgIII.

Lol. I think his point just went way over your head.

RG3 Total Yardage: 3,146

Luck Total Yardage: 3,128

Also RG3 has 16 touchdown's to Luck's 12 and 4 interceptions to Luck's 12

Not a troll post but lets be honest. The Colts are the better team, RG3 is the better QB. with RG3 the Colts would be a lot better. He knows how to protect the ball, doesn't throw pick 6's, is extremely accurate, very mobile and explosive, and has great arm strength. Thoughts?

You have bumped your head I'll take luck over rg111 anyday

I for one am just thrilled that we have Luck. Couldn't care less if others are doing better or worse or just the same. Andrew is terrific and just the right fit for Indy and the Colts and the NFL. I really can't believe that ANYONE would post on this colts fan forum that they prefer Robert Griffin III to Luck. But I guess we also had all those posters that tried to constantly say that we would be better off with Brady than our own Peyton.

Oh my lasting thoughts are that the NFC East is a pile of overrated garbage outside of the Giants at times. I am sick of having to hear about them every single offseason and seeing them on prime time every single year. Outside of the Giants none of them have a reputation to hold anything on in recent years.

But, every year it's the same thing. THE NFC EAST IS AWESOME. 9 wins could win it again.

Big market darlings.

The Cowboys were hardcore favored last week vs. the lowly Browns by the refs in the second half. As long as Jerry is running that ship I never expect them to go anywhere.

The Eagles are a ridiculous hot mess.

The Skins will get everyone hyped up every year with a new savior and whether or not they win games I have zero faith in Synder's fantasy football operation long term.

The Giants are the only legit team but even they love to blow it at times vs. much inferior opponents. I am actually mad at the Giants still for playing like garbage vs. the Steelers and Bengals when we needed both to lose.

/end rant

Boooo NFC East. Booooooooooo.

Luck is breaking rookie records isn't he? Personally I think by the end of the season we will see many rookie records held by Luck.

He broke the single game passing record, he will eclipse Cam Newtons record baring a catastrophe and probably break the record for most running TDs by rookie.

Also doesn't he have the most 300 yard games for a rc? Not sure on that one though.

Most of all he's leading a team that underwent monumental transitioning to a winning record and as of now in the wild card race.

Kids got a bright future and is easily one of the best looking rc QBs I've ever seen.

Troll thread is troll

Oh my lasting thoughts are that the NFC East is a pile of overrated garbage outside of the Giants at times. I am sick of having to hear about them every single offseason and seeing them on prime time every single year. Outside of the Giants none of them have a reputation to hold anything on in recent years.

But, every year it's the same thing. THE NFC EAST IS AWESOME. 9 wins could win it again.

Big market darlings.

The Cowboys were hardcore favored last week vs. the lowly Browns by the refs in the second half. As long as Jerry is running that ship I never expect them to go anywhere.

The Eagles are a ridiculous hot mess.

The Skins will get everyone hyped up every year with a new savior and whether or not they win games I have zero faith in Synder's fantasy football operation long term.

The Giants are the only legit team but even they love to blow it at times vs. much inferior opponents. I am actually mad at the Giants still for playing like garbage vs. the Steelers and Bengals when we needed both to lose.

/end rant

Boooo NFC East. Booooooooooo.

That's the thing about the NFC East they are treated like they are the best division in football when in reality the Redskins till this year hadn't been a major factor in the NFC since the early 90's. The Eagles had a very nice run in the early 2000's but have been a train wreck in recent years and the Cowboys are treated like they have been on the same level as the Pats in recent years and have won what one playoff game since the 90's? The Giants I'll give their due they have won two Super Bowls so they have my respect but frankly the NFC East is closer to being the AFC South or AFC West in terms of how difficult it is to win than say the AFC North which might be the best division in football despite what ESPN and the major networks try to tell us. They want to NFC East to be good because of the cities there and they let that blind what is really going on in that division.

Not a troll post but lets be honest. The Colts are the better team, RG3 is the better QB. with RG3 the Colts would be a lot better. He knows how to protect the ball, doesn't throw pick 6's, is extremely accurate, very mobile and explosive, and has great arm strength. Thoughts?

My first thought is it's WAY too soon for any meaningful comparison and conclusive statements like yours are absurd.

Secondly, and thinking long-term.....the likelihood of RGIII getting repeatedly maimed is very high, once defensive coordinators get a season's worth of game tape on him. We've seen this before.

He's already gotten waffled several times....and I'm afraid its only gonna get worse.

RGIII is having a nice season and I like the kid, but you Redskins fans can have him....I prefer Andrew Luck and wouldn't change a thing.

Honestly? RG is like lightning, real bright, real loud, then real gone until the next one. Luck is gonna be around a while.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, November 23, 2012 - Personal shot
Hidden by Coltssouth, November 23, 2012 - Personal shot

I noticed a poll on ESPN.com today asking sportsnation who will have the better career Luck or griffin, and 60% said Luck 30% griffin and the other 10% divided up between the other 3 rookie quarterbacks this year, and that was over 6,000 votes across the nation, so I suspect that there aren't too many dummies out there that think the way the skumbag that wrote this thread does!

It's hard to not feed the troll lol.... But I do wanna say a couple of things.

RG3 is and will be an amazing QB his talent and touch is just sooooo good. On the other hand luck will be the same.

Number2? I believe niether QB went to their dream scenario in fact I think both went to ill fated play callers lol. But anyways....

I prefer the graudual growth of Andrew Luck over the bell curve like Cam Newton-isk drop off of RG3. Mark my words, he will be figure out next year after a full off season.

This is a funny post since Luck's stats resemble Newton's stats from last year a lot more than RG3's do; in terms of pass attempts, completion percentage, and turnovers.

sure in total yardard but in passing yardage luck has upperhand also its easy to put up those numbers wen u are running system close to college system but luck is learning a new one and arians be making some stupid calls

Also in DC they have been desperate for any sign of hope from the QB position. And now they have one. In Indy not quite the same thing since we had Manning for so long and people are used to us having a great QB. Not that Luck is Manning but you know what I mean. We have an entitled fanbase and market I feel now when it comes to stability at the QB position. We did go with the safer pick in Luck over RG3 and IMO Irsay fell for Luck a long time ago. And they replaced the goofy looking nerdy white guy with another goofy looking nerdy white guy. And no I am not racist at all, but I am saying what many think too but are afraid to say out loud. Please, look at how many compare RG3 to Cam/Vick etc. and Luck to Peyton/Rodgers/Elway etc. Please don't tell me people don't pigeon hole QBs based on race at times cause they sure do from what I see/hear. Heck even in the offseason ESPN had a poll up one night asking this, "Who will have the better season, RG3 or Cam Newton?."

JMO and I don't mean to open a can of worms with this post but I was being honest with the perceptions I sometimes sense. I am sure we are all happy with Luck just as Skins fans are happy with RG3. I don't even think it matters much, Irsay was never gonna take RG3 IMO and he fell for Luck during last season. I am sure the Colts looked at him but I don't think much was going to sway Jim from Andrew Luck and probably not now either.

You fail to mention RG3 has played one more game than Luck. His passing totals also include high efficiency passes and busted coverages. Whereas Luck run a Pro Style offense and has chucked the ball around 100 times more. Which results in more INTs.

Forget about stats. Luck makes this team competitive and has it in playoff contention. Where as RG3 doesnt. Also he gets the job done when needed (mostly) with 4 game winning drives. His impact cannot be measured through stats alone.

Also in DC they have been desperate for any sign of hope from the QB position. And now they have one. In Indy not quite the same thing since we had Manning for so long and people are used to us having a great QB. Not that Luck is Manning but you know what I mean. We have an entitled fanbase and market I feel now when it comes to stability at the QB position. We did go with the safer pick in Luck over RG3 and IMO Irsay fell for Luck a long time ago. And they replaced the goofy looking nerdy white guy with another goofy looking nerdy white guy. And no I am not racist at all, but I am saying what many think too but are afraid to say out loud. Please, look at how many compare RG3 to Cam/Vick etc. and Luck to Peyton/Rodgers/Elway etc. Please don't tell me people don't pigeon hole QBs based on race at times cause they sure do from what I see/hear. Heck even in the offseason ESPN had a poll up one night asking this, "Who will have the better season, RG3 or Cam Newton?."

JMO and I don't mean to open a can of worms with this post but I was being honest with the perceptions I sometimes sense. I am sure we are all happy with Luck just as Skins fans are happy with RG3. I don't even think it matters much, Irsay was never gonna take RG3 IMO and he fell for Luck during last season. I am sure the Colts looked at him but I don't think much was going to sway Jim from Andrew Luck and probably not now either.

This is the truth, whether people are willing to admit or not. Props to you!!! :)