Should have taken RG3

rg3isnumber1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the truth, whether people are willing to admit or not. Props to you!!! :)

The elephant in the room......heh. *wipes sweat off forehead*

I think both are great fits with their current organizations. However it was always going to be easier to sell Luck to Colts fans. It's the TRUTH. And that win over Green Bay after the bye.....oh man that was huge. I almost felt like we had to get a win this year over an elite QB and we did, early. Like I felt as if Luck has to out duel one of the best out there this year to satisfy the masses to make them think he had it in him sadly.

Like, a lot of Colts fans flirted with the idea of drafting RG3 as if it was almost exciting and naughty in some ways. But, in the end still wanted Andrew and still mostly do. If Colts fans didn't have Andrew they would want Peyton. Heck many wanted BOTH or wanted Peyton regardless. A lot still root for both. God you saw the forums last year and this offseason. It was as if it was Peyton/Luck and the rest of the world after them. haha Actually has this changed? haha

And Andrew is really really good folks! He can be a boneheaded rookie at times but he is gonna be a good one IMO. Good kid.

Seems to be working out too. We got Luck and are doing fine. Redskins have RG3 and are doing fine. And Peyton is on a team who is a heavy favorite to win it all with a better D then he would have in Indy. Not to mention o line.

Seems to be working out too. We got Luck and are doing fine. Redskins have RG3 and are doing fine. And Peyton is on a team who is a heavy favorite to win it all with a better D then he would have in Indy. Not to mention o line.

Yep. The NFC is still mighty strong that the windows of opportunity for the Redskins to break through for a SB appearance would be smaller, IMO, than the Colts in the AFC the next few years while RG3 and Luck are on their rookie contracts, IMO. After that, it is anybody's guess.

Can't really compare them until RG3 is playing behind a fragile Colts Offensive Line and in a Colts team that lost a lot of veterans and filled with rookies and formerly bench warmers. Don't get me wrong RG3 is a great rookie QB but he has totally different preconditions in Washington than Andrew in Indy. And we will see how he will perform in his second year. Cam Newton who is a similar QB type had a great rookie season too and now struggles in his second season. And yeah I know Luck can also struggle in his second season but he has a different QB style than RG3 or CN. They benefit a lot from their "suprise effect" but teams tend to find ways to contain them after some time. I'm still happy with Andrew and the decision to draft him over RG3. RG3 is playing great and spectacular and its fun to watch him but overall I think that AL12 will have a better career. He just needs a better supporting cast.

Not a troll post but lets be honest. The Colts are the better team, RG3 is the better QB. with RG3 the Colts would be a lot better. He knows how to protect the ball, doesn't throw pick 6's, is extremely accurate, very mobile and explosive, and has great arm strength. Thoughts?

Colts aren't better team. Just recall all the experts in media predicting 1-5 wins for us at best or racing for #1 draft pick again. We are doing well, but besides Luck Colts have less talent on both sides of the ball. Colts are a rebuilding team, and to be honest being in the race for wild card is a little bit unrealistic. 2-3 more free agency and draft seasons are needed to put talent around Luck and boost our depth chart. Even RGIII would struggle behind this O-line (we have problems with protecting our QB, no legs can compensate this shortcoming)

I think those "who is better" type threads makes no sense. Colts' and Skins are different teams, with different philosophy, different playing style, and at the different stage of team-building. Question, "who is better?" would be only valid after 10 years or so.

I'm kind of tired that one week Luck sets rookie record he is hyped to heavens by the media stating Colts are lucky, other week RG has an outstanding performance he is hyped up to heavens and Colts are bashed for not choosing him... Golly...

I don't know how much better we are if we are. Our D can't get turnovers to save their lives and we are dead last there.

And we are fortunate enough so far that Luck can take a beating at times. I am not sure a lot of QBs survive starting for this team this season......

My God, the Skins last year swept the Giants and nearly upset NE. I don't even want to hear it. This team was a garbage pail last year.

So Redskins fans are going to start coming here after every good RG3 gm? Lets see what happens vs the Giants in the 2nd gm when they know what to expect.

No it's just one troll. A troll who sounds eerily similar to another troll that was here before who probably was banned and created another account haha

Not a troll post but lets be honest. The Colts are the better team, RG3 is the better QB. with RG3 the Colts would be a lot better. He knows how to protect the ball, doesn't throw pick 6's, is extremely accurate, very mobile and explosive, and has great arm strength. Thoughts?

Not a troll post? .....Please tell me more Mr. rg3isnumber1

I hope Luck vs RG doesn't become a Bird vs Magic thing. I see that the execs at ESPN and NFL.com are pushing this. They are forcing so called experts to pick who they think is best. They are looking for the next Brady vs Peyton rivalry except this one has, unfortunately, racial overtones. It doesn't help the matter in that Indy is by majority white and Washington DC is predominately African American. But it sure looks where This Is heading.

I hope Luck vs RG doesn't become a Bird vs Magic thing. I see that the execs at ESPN and NFL.com are pushing this. They are forcing so called experts to pick who they think is best. They are looking for the next Brady vs Peyton rivalry except this one has, unfortunately, racial overtones. It doesn't help the matter in that Indy is by majority white and Washington DC is predominately African American. But it sure looks where This Is heading.

I wouldn't be too upset with this becoming a Magic vs. Bird thing considering the 8 championships between them ;)

You again,,,,, or your type....RG3 fits the Washington system, long run Luck will bury anything RG3 does...RG3 will be on sidelines hurt and teams will learn to stop his college style game. Luck, like Manning and all the great QB's will just get better with time. instead of starting another thread saying nothing new, why don't you help us all and go shopping, spend that DC money and pump up the economy!

RG3 would have a difficult time behind our line, I believe. His offense relies on quick slants/screens too much and he still gets clobbered in the backfield. It's the same stuff he did at Baylor. Not to say he's a bad QB, just not the right choice for the Colts. When did the Dallas defense become such a pinnacle for QB success btw? lol

Luck will have equally impressive games and I think our record indicates we made the right choice.

You should also consider the long term view of these two kids. RG3 and the college read option plays are great and all, but it's only a matter of time before defenses figure it out. Cam Newton was doing the same thing to defenses last year...and not so much this year. Secondly, look how many hits RG3 took yesterday on top of how many he's already taken. Running the football is a big part of his game. They design plays around that ability. He won' last long in the league if he keeps taking all of those shots.

Luck's pocket presence is beyond impressive. He'll take off and run when he needs to, but that's after he's made all of his reads. When he does take off and run, he has the sense to slide. The passes Arians is asking Luck to make is much more difficult than the ones RG3 has to make. I'm perfectly content with Luck.

Actually, the Colts should have taken Tom Brady at 199 in the 2000 draft. They could have traded Manning, and they would still be one of the top teams in the NFL.

I've said it before and i'll repeat it. Robert is a fine QB. I'm not so sure he wouldn't be a Colt if Polian was still here, either. But Irsay had a different vision and blew up the FO, coaching staff, and over half the roster in one off season to begin the new creation. Luck was a cornerstone piece and we are fortunate to have him, even if Bob3 is quite awesome in his own right. But we would have had to completely revamp the coaches and players in a different direction to afford RG any success here.

Seeing our FO and coaches were in place for draft day, how could it go any other way? Now look at our 4 losses. 3 huge blowouts, to Bears, Jets, and Patriots. What does Robert bring to the table that would have taken those games back from the L column? And Luck took the lead late against the Jax Jags only to let a blown defense assignment give the game back to them.

Let 'Skins fan enjoy Bob, but Luck has performed as well for us as anyone could have and I'm quite pleased with who we are and what we have from ownership down to the practice squad players. In addition we'll keep getting better too. Go COLTS!

I've seen plenty of your line. They're definitely not good and Luck is certainly made to look worse by their play coupled with Arians' refusal to help him out via the playcalling.

Still... have you seen Griffin? He's been accurate in an almost otherworldly way, putting the ball on the mark even when off-balance and under extreme duress. He has a LOT of room to grow as a decision-maker, I believe, but his accuracy has stunned me.

I like your logical posts... and you're right. RG3 has really impressed me, and is playing some amazing football. Luck has had his struggles lately, but is also playing amazing footballs. The jury is still out on who is better... and we may never know. But I can tell you we won't know for a couple years.