Photo

Should have taken RG3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#1 rg3isnumber1

rg3isnumber1
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Not a troll post but lets be honest. The Colts are the better team, RG3 is the better QB. with RG3 the Colts would be a lot better. He knows how to protect the ball, doesn't throw pick 6's, is extremely accurate, very mobile and explosive, and has great arm strength. Thoughts?

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9840 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Posted Image

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#3 TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Saying "Not a troll post" doesn't make it any less so.
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

#4 ell_chrisso

ell_chrisso
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

He looks great tonight. But I'm sure many people could say the same thing when Luck broke the rookie passing yardage record for a single game. Or when he lead his team to comeback to beat the Packers. They both look great and destined to have fantastic careers. Luck fits our system, it was the right choice

#5 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9840 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Not a troll post but lets be honest. The Colts are the better team, RG3 is the better QB. with RG3 the Colts would be a lot better. He knows how to protect the ball, doesn't throw pick 6's, is extremely accurate, very mobile and explosive, and has great arm strength. Thoughts?

So, not to be Rude. But according to your Username, I take it your a "RG3 Fan". So, why be a "Colt Fan" if you're favorite QB is in DC??

Just a Curious question

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#6 chad72

chad72
  • 8892 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

RG3 is the right QB for the Redskins, and Luck is the right one for the Colts.

If RG3 were put in the Arians' system, he may have more picks too because of the pass heavy offense of the Colts. Again, I am not making excuses for Luck but Arians is putting too much on the rookie's plate and that shows up in the numbers. Even when RG3 has a bad game, he is not asked to wing it as much as Luck, so the lop sided losses happen but the turnovers do not. The Redskins, because of their running game, have an advantage on the amount of risks that have to be taken on offense, IMO.

Not that Luck has nothing to do with it, but Arians' offensive system plus less help from a running game does reflect in the turnovers category, IMO. I may be called a homer for pointing these out but I do believe there is an element of truth in it. :)

RG3 is doing phenomenal, no doubt about it, and both will be very good QBs for a long time to come for their franchises.

#7 SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

he had a good game against a terrible team today... back under your bridge.lol
"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN BE CARRIED BY 6"

#8 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

RG3 is the right QB for the Redskins, and Luck is the right one for the Colts.

If RG3 were put in the Arians' system, he may have more picks too because of the pass heavy offense of the Colts. Again, I am not making excuses for Luck but Arians is putting too much on the rookie's plate and that shows up in the numbers. Even when RG3 has a bad game, he is not asked to wing it as much as Luck, so the lop sided losses happen but the turnovers do not. The Redskins, because of their running game, have an advantage on the amount of risks that have to be taken on offense, IMO.

Not that Luck has nothing to do with it, but Arians' offensive system plus less help from a running game does reflect in the turnovers category, IMO. I may be called a homer for pointing these out but I do believe there is an element of truth in it. :)

I believe RGIII's interceptions would be higher if he were a Colt and in Arians offense simply because he's thrown the ball more. I also feel he has been more accurate than Luck, and even more so in their first 4 games. I think most QB's would have a higher INT total in this offensive scheme, whether they are a rookie, or a more proven vet, or even one of the Manning/Brady/Brees ilk.

#9 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

The QB you love so dearly is running a college offense with dump offs and screen which will be realized soon
So unless he learns a pro offense his stats will begin to decline
Sign Avril over Kruger

#10 Ryan Pelley

Ryan Pelley
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

The Colts are the better team

Umm, no, no they're not. The Redskins offense was the perfect landing spot for RGIII. Shanahan knows how to run the ball, as we can see from Alfred Morris (6th round pick approaching 1,000 yards). He has a very good receiving core and a good enough line. I'm fine with RGIII putting up these kind of stats, as I don't see him ever being a successful quarterback in terms of wins and playoffs.

#11 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13129 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

I have a feeling if Andrew Luck played against the Cowboys and the RG3 was playing the Pats this weekend in New England you would have seen Luck tearing up the Cowboys defense and RG3 struggling against the Pats. At some point you have to factor in who they are playing and who they have on their team. RG3 also has more experienced talent around him on offense and was expected to do better early because of that. With that said it's also worth mentioning which QB has his team in the playoff hunt and which one does not and before someone tells me the Colts are the better team go back and watch last year and see what this team did without a QB and look at what they are doing this year with QB play. Without question that was our biggest upgrade and Luck has taken us from the worst team in the league to playoff contending team.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#12 ALuck>RG3

ALuck>RG3
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Go hop on the redskins fanwagon then he will have concussion problems in a few years

#13 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6786 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

He's a great player. I hope he has a long and productive career. The NFL isn't Highlander.

I'm glad we took Luck.

#14 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3317 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

My thoughts are that sometime in the next 2-3 years RGIII will be concussed and out for the season on a run option.

My other thoughts are that Luck is still the better QB, Only time will tell. It was predicted by almost everyone that RGIII would have the better start to his career, the only real amazement is that Luck is giving him a run for his money.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#15 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

why even post this
Sign Avril over Kruger

#16 Fx Stryker

Fx Stryker
  • 5523 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Why don't you post this topic under your real account?

#17 DanishColtsFan

DanishColtsFan
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Maybe RG3 is the better QB at the moment, but I highly doubt he'll be able to keep his play style for 10+ years to come, either it will be figured out by most defenses or he'll be injured for good. Look at Vick or Cam Newton, Cam is far less productive this year and VIck is constantly hurt, and less productive. I'm glad we took Andrew

#18 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Go hop on the redskins fanwagon then he will have concussion problems in a few years

He is on the Redskins bandwagon, unfortunately.

He looks great tonight. But I'm sure many people could say the same thing when Luck broke the rookie passing yardage record for a single game. Or when he lead his team to comeback to beat the Packers. They both look great and destined to have fantastic careers. Luck fits our system, it was the right choice

I wouldn't have said that about the Packers game. I think Luck gave the Packers multiple opportunities to finish the job that the Pack simply didn't capitalize on. However, I think I might say the same thing about Luck if he was in a system that protected him better and was oriented more towards high percentage throws.

Much of the difference between Griffin and Luck performance wise is similar to the difference between Jay Cutler in Denver and Jay Cutler in Chicago.

The QB you love so dearly is running a college offense with dump offs and screen which will be realized soon
So unless he learns a pro offense his stats will begin to decline

We've frustrated every defense we've played from a scheme point of view. What we run is a little more complex than college offenses and it is executed at a much higher level.

It was predicted by almost everyone that RGIII would have the better start to his career, the only real amazement is that Luck is giving him a run for his money.

That's revisionist history. Luck was supposed to be substantially better out of the gates than Griffin by virtue of coming out of a pro-style offense. The argument in Griffin's favor was that he had a higher ceiling owing to his physical tools. Our team was supposed to be better but the reality is that they've held Griffin back more than he's held them back and most people would agree that the Colts players have been better than advertised (albeit still very raw).

#19 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Successful troll work here, well played.

#20 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6786 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Is it too late to start a "Should have taken Hakeem Nicks" thread? Or did I miss the window on pointless, annoying posts?

#21 chad72

chad72
  • 8892 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Is it too late to start a "Should have taken Hakeem Nicks" thread? Or did I miss the window on pointless, annoying posts?

It is still not too late on a "should not have drafted Fleener in round 2" or "should not have given up a 2nd rounder for Vontae Davis" thread but this one is an outsider knocking our QB, so this one is different. :)

Come on, you can do it!!! (Cue in Rob Schneider :))

#22 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13923 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

My friends
:troll: :troll: :troll:
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#23 JWF

JWF
  • 1050 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Maybe RG3 is the better QB at the moment, but I highly doubt he'll be able to keep his play style for 10+ years to come, either it will be figured out by most defenses or he'll be injured for good. Look at Vick or Cam Newton, Cam is far less productive this year and VIck is constantly hurt, and less productive. I'm glad we took Andrew

He isnt going to be Vick 2.0. Griffin is a much better passer than Vick ever was. He's already 10x more accurate.

I dont think he'll have a sophomore slump like Cam. Cam is a decent passer but Griffin is a smarter player and more accurate QB to me.

Im sure Griffin will eventually have some bad games. Every QB does.

#24 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

It is still not too late on a "should not have drafted Fleener in round 2" or "should not have given up a 2nd rounder for Vontae Davis" thread but this one is an outsider knocking our QB, so this one is different. :)

Come on, you can do it!!! (Cue in Rob Schneider :))

Posted Image

#25 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3317 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

That's revisionist history. Luck was supposed to be substantially better out of the gates than Griffin by virtue of coming out of a pro-style offense. The argument in Griffin's favor was that he had a higher ceiling owing to his physical tools. Our team was supposed to be better but the reality is that they've held Griffin back more than he's held them back and most people would agree that the Colts players have been better than advertised (albeit still very raw).

It's very debatable. RGIII has the better offensive line, and that means the world.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#26 ThorstenDenmark

ThorstenDenmark
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

RGIII aint better than Andrew Luck and he will never be.
We have the best young QB in the league and on the best team with the best fans in football, everyone who's a real colts fan knows this, everyone but you (RG3isnumber1) and with that name you are no real colts fan. You should take your business elsewhere and chant for Andre3000 aka Rgwho there.

#27 In Luck We Trust

In Luck We Trust
  • 1232 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

the type of offense that the skins use is perfect for RG3 as the type of offense the colts use is perfect for Luck. not to sound like an (word i can not use) but how about we just leave the whole " we should have picked RG3 instead " comments out. yeah RG3 has performed very well and he should be concidering what the redskins had given up for him, its not like luck is performing bad or anything. RG3 has had his games where he has made bad decisions just like luck. their rookies. leave it out of here.

Thank you, happy thanksgiving and have a nice night!

#28 In Luck We Trust

In Luck We Trust
  • 1232 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

We have the best young QB in the league and on the best team with the best fans in football, everyone who's a real colts fan knows this, everyone but you (RG3isnumber1) and with that name you are no real colts fan. You should take your business elsewhere and chant for Andre3000 aka Rgwho there.

why do you talk bad about a player??? he has performed pretty good considering. he was with out garcon pretty much all year and him being back has shown how much they needed him. i can guarantee you if we did not have wayne, luck would not be getting the stats the way he is right now. both QB's are going to be very good QB's both of them also will more then likely win at least one superbowl for their team. RG3 has had the issues with play calls from his OC ( every skin fan wants Kyle fired). to say he isnt anything that luck is and never will be is right on. he isnt anything like luck no one is not even peyton manning. he is his own person. honestly i would not have been mad if we went with RG3. but one thing is for sure i am tired of hearing we should have picked him instead.

#29 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13129 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Trolling or not by the original poster one could argue that every time RG3's name is brought up and someone brings up that he is playing well and a Colts fan feels the need to talk about him getting a concussion is just as annoying IMO. Look I am glad we have Luck and I think we took the better QB but in no way do I want to see RG3 get hurt.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#30 TMPHBITEU

TMPHBITEU
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

We have the best young QB in the league and on the best team with the best fans in football, everyone who's a real colts fan knows this, everyone but you (RG3isnumber1) and with that name you are no real colts fan.

Alene fordi du er Colts-fan bør ikke betyde at objektivitet ikke længere er relevant. Vi kalder heller ikke Nicklas Bendtner for verdens bedste fodboldspiller på grund af hans nationalitet.

To everyone else: I apologize - I felt a need to write the letters æ, ø and å on these boards at least once.
Translation: Just because you're a Colts fan doesn't mean objectivity goes out the window.
He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic. Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.

#31 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

It's very debatable. RGIII has the better offensive line, and that means the world.

We have a good run blocking offensive line and great participation from our receivers in the run game as well. However, our pass blocking is suspect and is exposed in a bad way if we find ourselves in a multiple score deficit. Our RT in particular is a sieve and our LG hasn't quite looked the same after suffering a serious knee injury after taking a cheap shot last season. These deficiencies are masked significantly by our ability to sell the playfake. That's beside the point, though...

The fact remains that Griffin was absolutely not supposed to outshine Luck as a rookie in terms of short-intermediate accuracy - but he has. Luck was also supposed to be the most pro-ready QB since Peyton and the best QB prospect since Elway, comparisons that were absolutely unfair to lay on the guy but were a direct reflection of his expected level of early success. RG was supposed to be more of a project, although some of us did argue to the contrary.

#32 IndyBarb

IndyBarb
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Has RGIII had his jersey displayed in the HOF?

#33 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3317 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

We have a good run blocking offensive line and great participation from our receivers in the run game as well. However, our pass blocking is suspect and is exposed in a bad way if we find ourselves in a multiple score deficit. Our RT in particular is a sieve and our LG hasn't quite looked the same after suffering a serious knee injury after taking a cheap shot last season. These deficiencies are masked significantly by our ability to sell the playfake. That's beside the point, though...

The fact remains that Griffin was absolutely not supposed to outshine Luck as a rookie in terms of short-intermediate accuracy - but he has. Luck was also supposed to be the most pro-ready QB since Peyton and the best QB prospect since Elway, comparisons that were absolutely unfair to lay on the guy but were a direct reflection of his expected level of early success. RG was supposed to be more of a project, although some of us did argue to the contrary.

Your comparing apples to oranges though. Our O-LIne is BAD.realllly bad, one of the worst O-lines in the NFL. I'm sure Luck would be a lot more accurate if he could step up in the pocket every once in a while without having to hurry a throw from pressure. Adding to that, they have told Luck not to run, can't sell a playfake to get WR open if your not allowed to run the option.

#34 RGIII

RGIII
  • 1110 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Your comparing apples to oranges though. Our O-LIne is BAD.realllly bad, one of the worst O-lines in the NFL. I'm sure Luck would be a lot more accurate if he could step up in the pocket every once in a while without having to hurry a throw from pressure.

I've seen plenty of your line. They're definitely not good and Luck is certainly made to look worse by their play coupled with Arians' refusal to help him out via the playcalling.

Still... have you seen Griffin? He's been accurate in an almost otherworldly way, putting the ball on the mark even when off-balance and under extreme duress. He has a LOT of room to grow as a decision-maker, I believe, but his accuracy has stunned me.

#35 Bubba_Rebel

Bubba_Rebel
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Come on man.....pathetic

#36 Bubba_Rebel

Bubba_Rebel
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

I've seen plenty of your line. They're definitely not good and Luck is certainly made to look worse by their play coupled with Arians' refusal to help him out via the playcalling.

Still... have you seen Griffin? He's been accurate in an almost otherworldly way, putting the ball on the mark even when off-balance and under extreme duress. He has a LOT of room to grow as a decision-maker, I believe, but his accuracy has stunned me.

He also throws 18 times a game

#37 smittywerb

smittywerb
  • 1145 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

He lost me when he said the colts have the better team. Rg3 would have a lot more rushing attempts behind this craptastic line.

:pass: :blueshoe: BUILD THE MONSTER! FEED THE MONSTER! :blueshoe: :pass:

:HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire: :HFire:

#38 danlhart87

danlhart87
  • 1349 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

Luck has Colts in playoffs which is most important stat. Obviously if Luck had a solid running game like RG3 he wouldnt have to make so many throws and the interceptions would be limited.

#39 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Simple Math, Luck's team is 6-4.

RG3's team is 5-6.

Luck has less proven talent on his team and has more wins than RG3. Definitely a better passer than RG3 because he has racked up more yards than RG3. RG3 is a dual threat and works the field his strong arm and running ability, very dangerous.

Personally, I like both and I think we could have benefited from selecting either QB.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#40 Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt
  • 1163 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

Well at least you used correct grammar and didn't type "Should of took RG3". That's the only compliment I'll pay this thread.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Jul
    T Y Goodbye

I hate the media. The headline is Oregon QB Marcus Mariota only taking 2 classes..Golf and Yoga. What they left out is that he already graduated in 3 years, with over a 3.0 GPA in General Science, and STILL has 2 years of eligibility left.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates