Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rg3isnumber1

Looks like rookie of the year is locked up

112 posts in this topic

You left of a few HUGE stats its called RUSHING and RUSHING TD's. RG3 642 yards and 6 TD's Luck 165 yds. 5 TD's. Also using QBR is bull crap that is a made up ESPN stat the NFL doesnt use QBR. The QB rating they use RG3 is 104.6 and Luck 77.2.....Using espn's QBR is like using a rating system I made up lol. I know you put both but QBR is dumb use just the real rating that is official.

He gave a nod to Griff's rushing success in the post. Seconding QBR being dumb, though.

He gave a nod to Griff's rushing success in the post. Seconding QBR being dumb, though.

I know he gave him a nod for rushing but felt he left the numbers off of the post because the yardage is so crooked. Bottom line is though both players are awesome and both teams are happy and there are troll/haters on both sides and unfortunately that will not change.

I know he gave him a nod for rushing but felt he left the numbers off of the post because the yardage is so crooked. Bottom line is though both players are awesome and both teams are happy and there are troll/haters on both sides and unfortunately that will not change.

"...1 Game Winning Drive....642rush Yds...6TDs...6.5YPC..."

You know....I hear Under Armor makes a thong.

Just sayin......

Wait remember when we where talking about jello wrestling. Perhaps Andrew Luck and Robert can wear the under armor thongs while jello wrestling? Winner wins offensive roty honors. To pump them up before hand we can lock them in a room together so they can watch Magic Mike!

1 person likes this

I sense the presence of a man crush for Andrew Luck.

i have over a thousand posts...find one where i overly praise luck.

no dumber than qb rating

"...1 Game Winning Drive....642rush Yds...6TDs...6.5YPC..."

Should be 2 game winning drives lol I'm still ticked our defense let Cruz get behind them.
1 person likes this

Should be 2 game winning drives lol I'm still ticked our defense let Cruz get behind them.

If you want to count the Rams game where he drove them down for the game tying FG and then a penalty pushed them out of FG range, and then the next week the Bengals game he was heading down to tie the game until he came up on a 3rd and 45 due to penalties etc.

My point being - it takes a team to make a come back. Has Luck been clutch? Definitely - been very good there. But to say Griffin hasn't been clutch is just plain blind. He is just as critical to their success as Luck is here. Fortunately for luck, he has had more consistent and disciplined play from his teammates during those critical times. I can't think of how many touchdowns I've seen called back on them this year...2 on one drive against the Giants I remember seeing.

As for any rookie awards...its a coin flip. This argument could go back and forth forever.

at the moment griffen reminds me of rodgers hes mobile and doesn't make many mistakes plus he threw 4tds two weeks in a row that's very impressive even some veterans don't do that

Luck reminds me of eli manning mixed with big ben his stats aren't always the prettiest but he is good in the clutch infact this year luck and eli stats are similiar with eli throwing 12tds and 11 ints and and luck with 12 tds and 12 ints hopefully by years end luck puts some separation between his tds and ints

i have over a thousand posts...find one where i overly praise luck.

Where did I OVERLY praise Manning?

But your right. You didn't praise Luck in this thread.

no dumber than qb rating

False.

QB rating is a pure statistic.

QBR is not, as it is truly subjective.

False.

QB rating is a pure statistic.

QBR is not, as it is truly subjective.

no it's true...it can be a very misleading stat. and i shouldn't have to explain why

Where did I OVERLY praise Manning?

But your right. You didn't praise Luck in this thread.

you didn't...but the fact that you're one the few STILL lamenting the decision to let manning go is telling....and so is implying that irsay would let manning go and draft luck due to hype.

i didn't overly praise luck in this thread or any other thread

1 person likes this

no it's true...it can be a very misleading stat. and i shouldn't have to explain why

All stats can be misleading, even the most basic ones. Passer rating is at least understood well enough for most people to be able to put the numbers into proper context. QBR is both subjective and opaque, so it's effectively impossible to put it into context without doing a whole lot of guess work.

1 person likes this

Ah, well sorry. Just seems like you come off as one is all. My apologies.

Understandable... It's all good!

I like Luck... And I hope he is great someday. I just get annoyed with all of the praise. I just don't get it.

There is one simple thing Luck doesn't have that RG does... An O-LINE!!!!

Understandable... It's all good!

I like Luck... And I hope he is great someday. I just get annoyed with all of the praise. I just don't get it.

I believe he gets the praise because everyone can see a bright future with the guy. They think to themselves look what this rookie has done for a 2-14 team, and he's only played in 10 games. And the same thing can be said for RG3.

I think both have been can be and will be great players. I try to be as objective as I can, and I completely understand both sides of this debate. But at the end of the day, I am a Colts fan, so my bias will skew to the Colts player, in a complete vaccum.

That being said, this race isn't in a vaccum. I think at this point in time Luck has done more with less and is performing better. I think he has taken a leaderless team, going through turmoil never seen before, and leading them to a miraculous season, after many considered them left for dead. To me that is more impressive than slight edge RG has in rushing/TDs/TOs.

And although it has zero credence in the RoY race, or really anything for that matter, I do believe Luck is the much better "value" seeing as how the Redskins gave up 3 1st Rd and 1 2nd Rd pick to acquire him. That is extraordinarily significant in regards to team management and building thru the draft, something the Colts will be able to do with Luck, but not something the Redskins can do with Griffin.

1 person likes this

Both QB's have had the benefit of help in certain areas.

RG3 has had the help of a late rd rookie stud in Morris IE running game.

RG3 has a franchise LT and a Center in Montgomery who is looking very good.

Luck has a HOF wr that's been healthy all season as well as other young studs at both the WR and TE podsitions.

They have remained healthy for the most part, as well.

Luck is on a team that is just a season removed from having a yearly Playoff team and HOF QB. They have built a winning culture that has not known anything but success for over a decade.

Is Luck being ask to do more?

Like reads and pass attempts,etc.

That case can be argued....

But RG3 and Redskins can argue they are not only in a tougher Division, but a tougher Conference, as well as having a much tougher schedule.

Fact is...

Both QB's look very good in their young careers.

Both teams made the correct choices for their team in building a winner.

Both teams have very bright futures.

Both are fine. I feel like Griffin still has the training wheels on where Arians seems to be letting Luck do a lot more. RG3s stats remind me more of Alex Smith last year where Luck reminds me more of Eli(sort of).

To me that is more impressive than slight edge RG has in rushing/TDs/TOs.

Wow. Slight edge? Luck is a turnover machine loluck 13 ints 5 fumbles lost...and counting

RG3? Not so much...

Wow. Slight edge? Luck is a turnover machine loluck 13 ints 5 fumbles lost...and counting

RG3? Not so much...

They have Luck at 8 fumbles. Griffin at 9.

Really that not large of a TO difference given the drastic difference in Att and overall off. scheme.

Does Luck have more? Sure does.

Sure didn't seem to hinder his team as they have a winning record tho.

Really that not large of a TO difference given the drastic difference in Att and overall off. scheme.

Sure didn't seem to hinder his team as they have a winning record tho.

That's fumbles. Not fumbles lost. Most of those are on the running back on the hand off for RG3...

Luck's defense is carrying him. Throw in a pathetic schedule...and a possible playoff berth is on the horizon....

After today's dismal performance, consider him completely out of consideration for ROTY....

Why do people feed the trolls? Lol.

They look so full already, I'm afraid they're going to explode if they eat anymore.....

Speaking of rookies, Janoris Jenkins just made an outstanding play. Hopped off of his man to jump a route on a running back to intercept a pass for a Touchdown...

Glad Fleener was a more valuable pick than him. :cuss: "Off the field issues! He will rape our children and set our homes on fire!" Ugh.

Jenking sturggled mightily earlier but has played better lately. Weak class for defensive players it seems.

Why do people feed the trolls? Lol.

They look so full already, I'm afraid they're going to explode if they eat anymore.....

hahaha....who knows? :) he got 91 posts of pure trash before getting banned....dude was giving skins fans a bad name - at least I assume he was a skins fan. Regardless of any point he was trying to make, just sounded like a *.

RG3 and it's not even close.

How do you even have an account here still?

On a side note ,your wrong. If the colts make the playoffs and the redskins do not, Luck will win OROY.

1 person likes this

How do you even have an account here still?

heh....there's a couple of them floating around right now...or maybe the same person....dunno

All stats can be misleading, even the most basic ones. Passer rating is at least understood well enough for most people to be able to put the numbers into proper context. QBR is both subjective and opaque, so it's effectively impossible to put it into context without doing a whole lot of guess work.

meh, i doubt most people know what goes into the passer rating. it's just been the standard forever and people don't like change.

Sure didn't seem to hinder his team as they have a winning record tho.*

Because Luck tends to make up for his turnovers.