Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looks like rookie of the year is locked up

rg3isnumber1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol im sorry your team is not making the playoffs. But do you really think that meaningless award will make you feel any better? Manning's M.V.P's never helped us with the pain of going 1 and done. And no small award will make up for the pain you will experience watching Luck in the playoffs on your couch having already retired your RG3 Jersey for the season.

Edit: Also, I am not admitting Rg3 has won it. I am simply stating that around this forum we are thinking playoffs first, rookie awards 2nd. I am sorry to see you and your teams fans don't feel the same way.

RG3 and it's not even close.

Congrats to him on his great rookie season so far, He looks impressive, Chances are your right he will win it this year after all it was no secret he did have better talent overall on BOTH sides of the ball.......Oh wait I forgot 5-6, you and the rest of the fans must be ecstatic finally winning some form of award (admittedly I think he will win), I hope that consolation prize is still keeping a big grin on your face come January when us Colts fans are enjoying our team in the Wild Card

Congrats to him on his great rookie season so far, He looks impressive, Chances are your right he will win it this year after all it was no secret he did have better talent overall on BOTH sides of the ball.......Oh wait I forgot 5-6, you and the rest of the fans must be ecstatic finally winning some form of award (admittedly I think he will win), I hope that consolation prize is still keeping a big grin on your face come January when us Colts fans are enjoying our team in the Wild Card

If the Giants lose Sunday against the Packers and we beat them next week, we'll be sitting atop the NFC East. If our play in all but two games of our relatively tough schedule is any indication, our playoff chances aren't actually that much worse than yours although the road ahead certainly isn't easy.

On a different note, I don't know why number1 hasn't been banned from here yet. He wouldn't last two seconds on our main board acting like he has been on here.

On a different note, I don't know why number1 hasn't been banned from here yet. He wouldn't last two seconds on our main board acting like he has been on here.

That is us midwesterners for you. We are a little less mouthy and a little more tolerant of outsiders. (wink :))

I've never seen a player reap the rewards of so many broken plays in my life. Props to him for getting the ball there but dang it's just crazy. At least once a game one of those Wash WR is 10yds away from the nearest defender for an easy TD. Or a slant turn into an 80yd TD. Crazy.

Great point, I think it's the same obnoxious person who used to troll on the board. Most likely the little kid was banned then made another account because it basically seems like the exact same person.

I bet if Peyton wins the MVP he sends it to RG3 as well. Just out of respect for how much RG3 is doing this season and how much he means to this league and the future of the NFL as the new :goat:.

I already can imagine in my mind, a passing of the torch ceremony from Manning/Brady to RG3 now (with Brees/Rodgers peaking from behind).

does anybody really care who wins? not exactly super bowl mvp level award....

Honestly? Not really. I mean it's nice to win these awards but if you don't then you move on. And if you do win it then good for the player.

But, either way it's cool. You know what I mean.

All the nastiness, trolling etc etc aside......Robert Griffin (He has a real name) is pretty dang hot.

Coming from one of his most mouthy critics (me) ......man I'm frickin impressed.. ....He's awesome.

actually, his game sunday wasn't even impressive. looked good today though

All the nastiness, trolling etc etc aside......Robert Griffin (He has a real name) is pretty dang hot.

Coming from one of his most mouthy critics (me) ......man I'm frickin impressed.. ....He's awesome.

I don't find him attractive really. But, if you do then whatever. To each their own.

(j/k I know what you meant)

does anybody really care who wins? not exactly super bowl mvp level award....

eh let him have his laughs now, Considering teams that the Redskins would have to beat out for a wild card berth the Skins fans dont exactly have anything else to look forward to this year regardless if Robert wins or loses. Come January the trolling will turn into posts calling for Dan Snyders head on a stick

actually, his game sunday wasn't even impressive. looked good today though

He's looked good more than not (shut-up Jules ;) ). He is a very good rookie, for sure a leading candidate as RotY.

I know some here are bound by biases, but the truth is the truth.

He's looked good more than not (shut-up Jules ;) ). He is a very good rookie, for sure a leading candidate as RotY.

I know some here are bound by biases, but the truth is the truth.

your opinion doesn't equal the truth. he has been good, but not nearly as good as his stats would indicate.

your opinion doesn't equal the truth. he has been good, but not nearly as good as his stats would indicate.

I've watched him play. The numbers don't do him justice. I've been hard on the dude for some issues I thought indicated immaturity and selfishness.

If I thought I had some opening to take a shot, I suppose I would. If for no other reason, just simply to save face.

Much like our beloved new stud QB, that kid don't play like a kid.

I've watched him play. The numbers don't do him justice. I've been hard on the dude for some issues I thought indicated immaturity and selfishness.

If I thought I had some opening to take a shot, I suppose I would. If for no other reason, just simply to save face.

Much like our beloved new stud QB, that kid don't play like a kid.

i've seen every one his games...much of his game is based on one read throws and throws that barely pass the line of scrimmage. his perfect passer rating sunday was a joke....actually an insult to anyone who has had a perfect passer rating.

he is a much better runner than i thought he was coming out of college. i knew he was fast, but much more elusive than i thought.

i've seen every one his games...much of his game is based on one read throws and throws that barely pass the line of scrimmage. his perfect passer rating sunday was a joke....actually an insult to anyone who has had a perfect passer rating.

he is a much better runner than i thought he was coming out of college. i knew he was fast, but much more elusive than i thought.

This is ill informed nonsense . I am not sure you have seen any RGIII game because I am not sure who you are describing here. RGIII has more pass plays that went have gone for 20 yards or more than any QB in the NFL - and they are not screens that the reciever makes from nothing with the ball in his hands . You obviously have not seen Robinson catch this week where the ball was perfectly placed (or even the Moss catch - from the 6 but a pefrect pass against very good coverage .

In the last two games combined (both divisional games) he has thrown for 8 TDs, 1 Interception and - 9 incomplete passes - 9 . IF that does not desreve some props then I can see there is no talking to you .

What you are saying is RGIII is helped out by his receivers - who are his recievers ? HOF bound Reggie Wayne and company ?

And you are also infering that 10 weeks into the season that no one has worked out RGIII and taken away his 1 read colour by numbers offense . The reason why there is often a guy running open is because of the reliance on play action but Griffin for a 1st year rookie handing off to a another 6th round rookie is playing the play action so well it is very very effective, even when you know what is comming .

Seriously - if you are going to critise a player on another team (not even in the same confrence) - at least keep it real .

Right now both teams are in second place in their divisions . 6-4 or 5-6 - Not worlds apart -

You don't fault a guy for throwing to his first read when his first read is open or for taking advantage of quick hitting routes in the short game. What's more, you don't seem to consider the fact that a lot of the route combinations we run allow Griffin to make multiple reads without having to look away from a given area, which can give off the illusion that he's stuck on his first read when he is not.

There's nothing inherently noble about passing up on a short passing game to take more chances deep. You should be complaining about Arians' lack of similar concepts instead of how Griffin benefits from them in our offense.

Ohhhhh.....I was thinking he was doing really good until you explained how he sucks because he had a perfect passer rating and he makes quick reads.

Can I get a hurpa durp?

hurpa durp

Ohhhhh.....I was thinking he was doing really good until you explained how he sucks because he had a perfect passer rating and he makes quick reads.

Can I get a hurpa durp?

hurpa durp

boy, that was a nice attempt to be cute.

yes, i clearly said he sucked....spot on. but that is typical of this board when there is a disagreement.....just put words in someones mouth and hope it sticks....good job.

yes, he often makes quick one/maybe two throw reads...and that is backed up by actual nfl players/experts who give things called interviews. most recently teddy bruschi and gregg cosell said just that...in fact they both said the offense isn't asking him to do much at all in the passing game.

perfect passer rating? tons of short screen passes with a blown coverage for a td and a poor decision into double coverage where he was bailed out by santana moss thrown in.

You don't fault a guy for throwing to his first read when his first read is open or for taking advantage of quick hitting routes in the short game. What's more, you don't seem to consider the fact that a lot of the route combinations we run allow Griffin to make multiple reads without having to look away from a given area, which can give off the illusion that he's stuck on his first read when he is not.

There's nothing inherently noble about passing up on a short passing game to take more chances deep. You should be complaining about Arians' lack of similar concepts instead of how Griffin benefits from them in our offense.

i'm not faulting him...but i'm not going to give him a lot of praise for it. the redskins should keep doing it...till someone stops regularly.

and no, i don't consider it, because that's not what i hear from guys who played the game....instead of what i hear from guys on the interwebs.

and actually, i have complained about arians and his lack of a short passing game. and what i want to "complain" about is up to me, not a redskins fan.

This is ill informed nonsense . I am not sure you have seen any RGIII game because I am not sure who you are describing here. RGIII has more pass plays that went have gone for 20 yards or more than any QB in the NFL - and they are not screens that the reciever makes from nothing with the ball in his hands . You obviously have not seen Robinson catch this week where the ball was perfectly placed (or even the Moss catch - from the 6 but a pefrect pass against very good coverage .

In the last two games combined (both divisional games) he has thrown for 8 TDs, 1 Interception and - 9 incomplete passes - 9 . IF that does not desreve some props then I can see there is no talking to you .

What you are saying is RGIII is helped out by his receivers - who are his recievers ? HOF bound Reggie Wayne and company ?

And you are also infering that 10 weeks into the season that no one has worked out RGIII and taken away his 1 read colour by numbers offense . The reason why there is often a guy running open is because of the reliance on play action but Griffin for a 1st year rookie handing off to a another 6th round rookie is playing the play action so well it is very very effective, even when you know what is comming .

Seriously - if you are going to critise a player on another team (not even in the same confrence) - at least keep it real .

Right now both teams are in second place in their divisions . 6-4 or 5-6 - Not worlds apart -

yes, it's nonsense cause you disagree...got it

yes, he often makes quick one/maybe two throw reads...and that is backed up by actual nfl players/experts who give things called interviews. most recently teddy bruschi and gregg cosell said just that...in fact they both said the offense isn't asking him to do much at all in the passing game.

perfect passer rating? tons of short screen passes with a blown coverage for a td and a poor decision into double coverage where he was bailed out by santana moss thrown in.

Griffin's also responsible for the playfakes that cause defenses to be out of position and make his job easier and he frequently has the option to hand it off instead of throwing, which gives him another read that most people don't even think about. He may be the best in the NFL already at selling those.

That throw to Moss is probably the ONLY long ball where Griffin's given the defense a decent shot at a pick this season. Can't say the same about Luck, who is much more inclined towards those throws and has been bailed out in very similar situations before. Personally, I think it's a good sign when a QB is willing to trust his receiver to go up and get it in certain situations. IIRC, that Moss TD was a 3rd and long out of field goal range with good coverage underneath. Had it been picked it probably would have been no worse than a punt but because our QB took a chance we got a score.