Photo

LaVon Brazill

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 coming on strong

coming on strong
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

I loved what i saw out of lavon brazill, i honestly believe he is better than donnie avery. He is just as fast, and he has better hands and can take big hits , and still hold on to the ball. Donnie avery is okay, he is really fast, but can't hold on to the ball after taking a hit, he is fragile. the colts should put brazill in the game more to get experience.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 12057 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Wasn't it Brazill that Dropped that Sideline Pass that Andrew threw so Beautifully on Sunday?? I think that was him

I like Brazill too, but like Hilton.... the Consistency is what scares me. The talent & potential is there, but the consistency is shaky. Hopefully that's something they work on & Reggie can help them with
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#3 Captain Americolt

Captain Americolt
  • 2597 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

To me they're the exact same player. Brazill has also shown a case of dropsies on some easy passes as well. Stick with the veteran....for now..

#4 Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair
  • 594 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I think we need to start utilizing him and Hilton's speed more, with quick screens n bubble screens. When the run game isn't goin well they can work just as well as handoffs, Especially with their speed

#5 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7581 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

He has his moments. We have to remember he's a late round rookie. They hardly ever contribute their first year. Garçon pretty much sat his first year.

If he and TY continue to develop, we probably won't re-sign Avery.

#6 #12

• 764 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

He has flashed at times over the past few weeks. He's fast, no doubt.

#7 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Brazil will be a future stud for us.

Right now Avery is playing well enough.

I like Avery more because he and T.Y. can stretch the field with their speed.

Although if Avery did go down, I wouldn't mind seeing Brazil out there catching passes.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#8 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 13838 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

He's coming along honestly all the receivers in this class (including the tightends) are looking very good for rookies. I look forward to watching them grow up with Luck.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#9 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1798 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Brazill has his ups and downs. He's bailed us out on a few plays that they've used him, but he's probably helped kill some drives to with the drops he's had. He's doing fine for a rookie though.

#10 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18329 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

The entire WR corps is playing great
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#11 cjrulli

cjrulli
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

I think we would like Brazill a lot more if we saw more of him, he makes the most of his chances when he is in. People are making it sound like he drops a ton of passes. I would like to see more of him.

#12 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 18763 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

..all these guys are going to get better just watching Reggie Wayne.......

....We'll see a lot of Brazill Sunday if we throw as much as I think we will.

#13 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 12057 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Brazill has his ups and downs. He's bailed us out on a few plays that they've used him, but he's probably helped kill some drives to with the drops he's had. He's doing fine for a rookie though.

The entire WR corps is playing great

I think we would like Brazill a lot more if we saw more of him, he makes the most of his chances when he is in. People are making it sound like he drops a ton of passes. I would like to see more of him.

Well the Reality of it is, everyone drops passes. Even Wayne dropped a few when we played the Jags a few Thursday ago. I just look at when you Drop the Pass. If it's 3rd & we need a 1st & you drop it... I'll be upset. But on a 2 & 1 if you drop a quick slant, it's not that bad cause you have 3rd & 1 coming up.

So to me, it all just depends on when you drop it. Of course I wish we never dropped passes, but that's not possible unfortunately
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#14 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18329 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

LaVon has played well

PrincetonTiger77

#15 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 3146 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

brazil goes across the middle more avery does alot of deep routes. i think avery,hilton,and brazil will be great together for years especially after wayne retires.

#16 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1146 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

brazil goes across the middle more avery does alot of deep routes. i think avery,hilton,and brazil will be great together for years especially after wayne retires.

I'd like to see a bigger wideout for our future number 1, but all three of those guys can take the top off a defense.. and like someone said, every year working with Reggie will give them advance degrees in the fundamentals... Nate Palmer also has insane speed... I don't see WR as a big need for 2013, even without Collie and Whalen..

#17 Esquire59

Esquire59
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Brazill also has shown a poor command of the offense. He's run multiple incorrect routes as I recall, aside from the drops.

#18 cjrulli

cjrulli
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

Brazill also has shown a poor command of the offense. He's run multiple incorrect routes as I recall, aside from the drops.

He's a rookie, and gets minimal playing time.

#19 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 18329 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

So Avery will be brought back

PrincetonTiger77

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      27 Nov
    T Y Goodbye

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words. I just got home from the hospital right before midnight Thanksgiving, so I can be home with family. I'm still not totally recovered, but they are trying a different and stronger IV med, to hopefully kick this out for good...Love you all!

Show comments (4)
View All Updates