Photo

Forum Rule Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Shepman

Shepman
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Is it against the rules to post Colts merchandise for sale on the forum? I lost my job and have some nice items I need to sell.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 13919 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

I believe it is against the rules to do so. I believe the only links to purchase merchandise that are allowed are ones endorsed by the NFL, so that would include things like NFLshop.com and any team's proshop website. Perhaps another mod can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those are the rules we have in place in terms of selling merchandise.

Sorry to hear about your job loss. Hopefully things pick up for you soon!
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#3 Jay Kirk

Jay Kirk
  • 3699 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Ebay is your best bet

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13597 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Good Luck
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#5 Coltman51

Coltman51
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

can also post with info and pics on Craiglist, my wife scrolls through there all the time. Sorry to hear about job loss

#6 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 6747 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Is it against the rules to post Colts merchandise for sale on the forum? I lost my job and have some nice items I need to sell.

Sorry, and good luck. Too bad the forum doesn't have a "swap" section where members could post items. I can understand the liability issues though.

#7 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5787 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ebay... Craigslist... or the neighborhood grocery store bulletin board.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#8 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1354 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Ebay... Craigslist... or the neighborhood grocery store bulletin board.

Btw, have you read The Doors of Perception? I always wanted to, and may still. Just asking since Huxley is in your sig.

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#9 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5787 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

Btw, have you read The Doors of Perception? I always wanted to, and may still. Just asking since Huxley is in your sig.

Never read the "Doors of Perception" .. BUT, I have read "Brave New World" ....
Huxley is a genius....
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#10 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1354 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

Huxley is a genius....

I'm a fan of alternative thinking. I gotta check it out, thanks. Yeah, I'm old and remember the 60's.....

colts_jersey_sig2.png

#11 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1354 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Huxley is a genius....

I heard that's how The Doors (the band) got their name, from that book. Jim Morrison read it and the rest is history.

colts_jersey_sig2.png

#12 Nadine

Nadine

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 7356 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

I am sorry but it is against our rules.
Looks like you have gotten lots of advice from members though
Good luck!

We can embed tweets now:  http://forums.colts....bed-tweets-now/

#13 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

I lost my job and have some nice items I need to sell.

Regarding the suggestions that others have made. I've sort of looked into this. I would search and read about all the on-line sales/auction sites before proceeding. Lots to learn. For example, Craigslist is free, but it's also very localized. That can be a good thing in the sense that you can complete the sale locally without worrying about shipping or waiting to get paid, but it's a bad thing in that there are a lot less eyes seeing the ad and that you have to make sure you don't get clocked in the head when you meet the buyer. It's also an incredibly primitive site that is unpleasant both to list on and shop on. I suspect that most of the time if you don't get interest from people in the first couple of days that something is listed, you are unlikely to ever get interest (although you can keep bumping your ad to keep it current). Also I suspect that since people know what Craigslist is, they are expecting/demanding even bigger bargains than they would elsewhere.

Ebay is much better in most regards (other than the shipping issues and risk of payment problems), however there are substantial fees to use it - some of which are incurred even if you don't sell anything. When you need money, committing yourself to paying fees with no guarantee of a return is a gamble. From everything I've read, "it isn't what it used to be". A LOT of people who loved it in years past simply detest it now. There are numerous other competing sites with lower fees, but of course they have less people shopping. It used to seem like everyone and their uncle was happily using Ebay to clean out their garage, but I don't think that there is a whole lot of "happy" left in it anymore.

Good Luck.

#14 Shepman

Shepman
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions I am very familiar and a seller on both Ebay and Craigslist. This is the place were I would want to share with other Colts fans opportunities to purchase Colts related items. Mods perhaps this is something to consider in adding a sell/wanted/trade section.

#15 MAC

MAC

"It was a dark and stormy night"

• 4767 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions I am very familiar and a seller on both Ebay and Craigslist. This is the place were I would want to share with other Colts fans opportunities to purchase Colts related items. Mods perhaps this is something to consider in adding a sell/wanted/trade section.

Oh come on man, couldn't you mention that up front? People were responding to what sounded like a cross between naivety and desperation, and now it turns out that you're an old pro. I have better things to do with my time.

There is a VAST difference between " I lost my job and have some nice items I need to sell.", and "This is the place were I would want to share with other Colts fans opportunities to purchase Colts related items.". The first makes me urgently want to help you. The second just makes me want to wash my hands.

#16 shecolt

shecolt
  • 3011 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

The rules are very explicit regarding the selling of items on this site:

(10)Selling of items, including game tickets or Colts merchandise, is also prohibited.

Please note, we advise our members NOT to enter into any transactions with other members. If you choose to do so, you assume all risk for your choice

http://forums.colts....tion=boardrules

“Whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free . . . your true self comes out.” — Tina Turner

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      24 Jul
    Bogie

Edmond O'Brien - a decent actor that fell off my oldies radar. D.O.A. was pretty good for a public domain film. Thank you someone for the Internet Archive.

View All Updates