Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LJpalmbeacher

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Colt Fans

28 posts in this topic

I just want to wish a happy & safe Thanksgiving to all of you.

This will be my first holiday season without my Blessed Mom who I lost in March as some of you may recall.

It's going to be a little rough to put it mildly. So I wanted everyone to give thanks to the loved ones that you have in your lives.They are priceless & surely much more important than football.

But we can still give thanks,while were at at, that we have a franchise qb for the next 15 years and a bright future for our team.LOL.

GO COLTS!

6 people like this

You too LJ! Have a great Thanksgiving Colts forum.

Happy Thanksgiving to all (even if you are not a Colts fan!) and positive vibes sent to all!! :cloud9:

2 people like this

May your stuffing be tasty.

May your turkey plump.

May your potatoes and gravy

Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize.

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs.

7 people like this

May your turkey plump.

Have nary a lump.

Stay off your thighs.

Had my mom busting out laughing with that poem :funny::thmup:

I have so much to give thanks for. I give the universe a big sloppy kiss.

1 person likes this

Happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully the Lions, Cowboys, and Jets have extra nice Thanksgivings this year!

bah humbug!

humbug-scrooge.jpg

you are a month too early sir! May the ghosts of Football Past (Johnny U) Football Present (Peyton) and Football future (Luck) Pay you a visit tonight!
2 people like this

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow colts fans !!! Have a Blessed day filled with family, friends and food :)

Best wishes to you all from the UK, and have a great and safe holiday.

I'm having a few friends back to watch the three games, right through until 4am. This is the 3rd edition of my NFL Thanksgiving bash, and so far, I'm the only one to stay awake for every snap, fighting my way through the beer, curry and chilli.

Including my wife and son, there will be:

1 x Steeler

1 x Redskin

1 x Colts (guess who)

1 x Giant

1 x Patriot

1 x newbie, who is looking forward to being educated re this great sport....

Go well all.

1 person likes this

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all fellow Colts fans!

We don't have this holiday, but I know this is a very special day for You, second most important holiday of the year. Enjoy Your turkey!

Again, happy thanks giving from Scotland guys. Enjoy the holiday and Turkey! I look forward to the treat of 3 games to watch once I get finished work at 5pm.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and their families, whether here, or in other countries.. I'm thankful to all my friends on the Forum, you all are family to me, no matter where you hang your hat.

1 person likes this

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! If you're traveling please stay safe. Family, football and food. Life is good. :)

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all fellow Colts fans!

We don't have this holiday, but I know this is a very special day for You, second most important holiday of the year. Enjoy Your turkey!

Always wondered how our holidays looked to those outside our boarders haha.

May your turkey plump.

Have nary a lump.

Stay off your thighs.

EXCELLENT,

have a great holiday, enjoy family & friends, be safe

I am thankful for this thread!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Happy and safe Thanksgiving all . . . enjoy family, friends, food and football . . . the 4Fs of Thanksgiving . . . :cheer::cheer2:

And lets all of us be Thankful for all of the wonderful things we have in our lives . . .

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Honestly,   I don't think the owners saw this coming.....   Hard for me to say one way or the other if the players did.....      Dunno.....  
    • Colts should be 2-2 after Sunday. 28-17 Colts. If they lose, Pagano should be fired on the spot and Grigson should join him.      
    • Great character guy, no question, full of Colts traits. I wish it would translate to his production on the field. I might be mistaken but with all the decade long complaints on how the Colts defense is soft by default... don't you think that our team would need at least a few guys who are not so nice in private but are cruel beasts on the field?
    • "So, who's the guy?...This is his problem too. You understand that right?...He's not the one who's pregnant. He'd be crapping his pants if he were. He'd find the money if he thought he was gonna swell up like a watermelon...Let's go see him."   "Why didn't you use a condom [Cam]? Or for humanity's sake get a vasectomy? Give us half the money. [Strikes Cam between his legs hard with a hockey stick]. You know, I liked your boyfriend. He's very special. Very charismatic."   "You know, you have a real anger problem. No, no, I don't. I have an caboose hole problem. When people are caboose holes to my granddaughter, I get angry."   "Hi sweetheart, you know there's a world out there that doesn't need to be filled with hate & narrow mindedness. [Pow, right in the kisser. A little girl punches Grandma Elle right in the eye].    I just saw a 2015 drama called "Grandma" about a young 18 yr old woman named Sage [Julia Garner] & her 70 something grandmother named Elle Reid [Lily Tomlin] who needs a huge favor. Sage desperately needs $630 as soon as possible. What for you ask? A car payment? A student loan payment? A gambling debt? Well, let's just say a medical procedure is required. Before I go any further, I must say this. This 1 hour & 19 minute feature film directed by Paul Weitz deals with the issue of terminating a pregnancy as a central theme in this flick.   Relax, I am not here to make any moral declarations about the right to an abortion in this country or speak for or against a woman's decision to bring a child into this world or not. All my audience needs to know is that this storyline revolves around a scared young woman & how her grandmother & mother help Sage raise the funds for the procedure, remind her that she's not going thru this ordeal alone, & come together during this crisis as a family making their bond of love stronger than ever.    Now, don't get it twisted. This movie isn't some cheesy Hallmark channel cinematic exercise in foolish sentimentality okay. As a matter of fact, the reason I like the picture is because the main characters are so messed up & dysfunctional overall. Where do I begin? Well, for starters, Elle is a PH.D. poetry professor living in California who just broke up with her girlfriend Olivia [Judy Greer] who is half her age & has crimson red hair. She actually loves Olivia but she's breaking up with her because Elle is fearful that she is developing deep feelings for her. The reason this new relationship petrifies her so much is because Elle just lost Violent, her romantic partner from cancer over a yr ago & she didn't ever expect to feel that way ever again so Elle is down on her luck & a little depressed right now.    Sage, her only grandchild with curly blond hair, knows on her front door & begs her for a hefty sum of cash in order to get an abortion at a nearby clinic at the end of business that very day. 1 major problem though: Grandma cut up all her credit cards & turned them into a decorative wind chime outside her front door. Wonderful just wonderful. What's there next move? They drive over to her boyfriend's place for a contribution for the procedure. Cam acts like a colossal jerk acting the the child might not be his & then grandma goes into protective bear mode, hits the fool in the family jewels, & takes $50 bucks & some pot from this guy. LOL! My kinda of grandma. Sweet!    Eventually, they go to a coffee shop & later a tattoo parlor where a black woman with a nose ring named Deathy [Laverne Cox] gives Elle an O ink job on her right shoulder & $60 dollars to help Sage out. Next, grandma tries to sell some 1st edition books from her home library at a local cafe. However, she ticks off the owner by telling her that she's a gorilla because she's so darn cheap & treats her employees like indentured servants. Yep, grandma's a real charmer who knows how to make friends & influence people that's for sure. LOL!    Grandma is running out of options now. She decides to drop by Karl's [Sam Elliot] place for $500 dollars. Did I mention that Karl was an old flame of Elle's who never got over the fact that she rejected her marriage proposal to her over 3 decades ago & that she abandoned him on his boat in the middle of the night? Details; details. Sam Elliot has 1 of the coolest deep voices ever heard on the silver screen BTW. He agrees to fork over the dough for 1 last passionate kiss from Elle. But, once he hears from Sage want the $500 is really for, he rejects the offer due to religious reasons.    Only 1 thing left to do: Visit the dragon lady Sage's mother Judy [Marcia Gay Harden] at work. Judy is stern & very demanding & she's not thrilled about the news that her baby is knocked up by the 'rodent' as she calls him. We see that Judy wears the pants in this family & that even King Kong & Godzilla would cower in her presence & run away whimpering like a wounded puppy. After some yelling, Judy gives her daughter the remaining funds for the procedure. Once at the clinic, a ProLife parent & her daughter harass Sage about committing murder. Grandma turns around imploring the little girl to be more understanding & boom the little menace hit Elle in the face. It's hilarious because for once in grandma's life she tried to be kind to a stranger & then she gets knocked on the pavement pretty good. I roared with laughter. The brief scene is an absolute riot because we don't expect that to happen at all.    The cool thing about this picture is that Judy shows up at the clinic to support her daughter & that this whole incident brings Sage, Grandma, & Judy much closer as a bullheaded family prompting Elle to tell Olivia she loved her & to reconnect as a same sex couple. I guess I just like Grandma Elle because she's very protective of her family especially Sage & if you hurt her in any way, she's gonna bleep you up & come down on you like a ton of bricks. There's actually a tenderness to this film just beneath the surface that is readily apparent in it's candid honesty & steadfast loyalty particularly at the clinic & just outside of it after the procedure is over. It just feels true, genuine, & authentic. Plus, Lily Tomlin's character is an ally we all wish we had in our corner 24/7.    Let's roll with a B+ here because at the end of the day when the crap hits the fan in this crazy world we all want a grandma who is always there for us no matter what.                   
  • Welcome New Members

• Welcome here Nils!   I can tell you, most of football fans in Hungary are Patriots fans...unfortunately. 
    • Hi, Nils here....   I know a lot of Europeans support the Patriots, but all I can say is no way man, no way!   I'm not entirely sure when I started to follow and cheer for the Colts, but I has no shame in admitting that it was when Manning begun to really shine. It was probably back in 1999 because I seem to remember that play-off game against the Titans.   I also remember the I loved how the Colts would play a beautiful offensive game whereas other teams were boring with their defensive strengths. Aaaahh, those were the days!   I was introduced to American Football during my American Politics/presidential election study in Washington D.C. in the fall of 1996 (Clinton vs Dole). Didn't really get attached to any team back then, so you can say that Redskins just left me totally uninspired.   It is a great and welcoming forum here - and that is just how I remembered America too.    
  • Members

• James

James 756

• gacoop1

gacoop1 53

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 9,447

• Gyworks

Gyworks 4

• SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt 3,899

Moderators
    • Toby Northen

Toby Northen 0

Rookie
    • UKColt13

UKColt13 571

• Colts_Fan12

Colts_Fan12 2,184

• Swan Ronson

Swan Ronson 70

• Bluefire4

Bluefire4 1,090

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.