Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Avery and Davis return to practice.

Indyfan4life

Donnie Avery (concussion) participated in Colts practice Wednesday.

He was likely limited. Avery just went down on Sunday, but the quick clearance means he shouldn't miss a game. That's become a rarity with concussions. With rookie T.Y. Hilton continuing to emerge, however, Hilton will be a weak WR4/5 option against the Bills.

Colts CB Vontae Davis (knee) returned to practice Wednesday.

His exact participation is unclear, but it puts him on track to return against the Bills. Davis last suited up in Week 8. Davis has not played at a high level this season, but the Colts' secondary is amongst the worst in the league without him. His presence has been badly missed.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Been like that for as long as I can Remember. I blame the injury bug for the release of Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, & maybe Gary Brackett

I like how our team was healthy for the most part last year, but didn't have the QB to back it up. This year we do and can't keep the same people on the field each week.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

I like how our team was healthy for the most part last year, but didn't have the QB to back it up. This year we do and can't keep the same people on the field each week.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

Yep. It's a shame when Fans have to sit at Home & just WONDER what their Team looks like COMPLETELY Healthy.

We still don't know if Chapman would be a Starter. We have no idea what we could be when Healthy. smh

Good thing that Fleener & Davis are back. Both guys will be instrumental in winning against Buffalo.

Fleener- The offense can use more of the two TE sets and run the ball against one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Davis- When he is on the field, the QB will usually go for the #2 receiver. Limiting Stevie Johnson will better the chances of winning, also Davis is a good tackler and could stop the outside run.

This is why I just don't think we have the ability to make a run at the playoffs. Teams that can hold it together down the stretch have much deeper rosters than us. We have some talent...but it is very very thin. Hopefully we get healthy at the right time and keep away the injury bug. Look at teams that typically win it all they tend to get healthy and make a run late in the year. Even our SB win in 2006 we got Sanders back and it changed how our defense played...a lot of downhill tackling. A healthy Freeney in the SB in 2009 and that game is different too IMO. We just don't have enough depth to offset a lot of injuries yet. We have played much better than I expected...and a lot of that I think is playing with faith and heart for our sick coach....but against quality opponents...I fear we don't have the fire power on either side of the ball to win. We have the easiest schedule in football...perhaps we can squeeze into a wild card birth but we are probably an 8-8 finish just outside looking in...and then middle first rd pick.