Photo

Avery and Davis return to practice.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1312 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Donnie Avery (concussion) participated in Colts practice Wednesday.

He was likely limited. Avery just went down on Sunday, but the quick clearance means he shouldn't miss a game. That's become a rarity with concussions. With rookie T.Y. Hilton continuing to emerge, however, Hilton will be a weak WR4/5 option against the Bills.

Colts CB Vontae Davis (knee) returned to practice Wednesday.

His exact participation is unclear, but it puts him on track to return against the Bills. Davis last suited up in Week 8. Davis has not played at a high level this season, but the Colts' secondary is amongst the worst in the league without him. His presence has been badly missed.

Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 Gavin

Gavin
  • 17105 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hope Avery is alright and Vontae and not just for a football game either

#3 coltsfanatic24

coltsfanatic24
  • 2910 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

were gonna need vontae to shut down stevie johnson to have a chance at winning.

#4 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 13702 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Good News
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#5 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9820 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Geez... Week 8 since Davis played?? Wow, that's a good minute when you look at it. Not that bad, but still Bad

Hope he can stay healthy for the rest of the Season. Somebody has to stick Megatron, & it's not gonna be Vaughn

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#6 chad72

chad72
  • 8883 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

That is why I feel that the conditional pick for Vontae Davis (6th round, I think) may not be owed since it could be based on playing time. So, we lose a 2nd but not both a 2nd and 6th, I feel.

#7 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9820 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Mike Chappell@mchappell51
#colts CB vontae davis and TE coby fleener participating in practice. S antoine bethea not.

#8 jbaron04

jbaron04
  • 1384 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

The injury bug is crazy

#9 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9820 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

The injury bug is crazy

Been like that for as long as I can Remember. I blame the injury bug for the release of Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, & maybe Gary Brackett

#10 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1312 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Been like that for as long as I can Remember. I blame the injury bug for the release of Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, & maybe Gary Brackett

I like how our team was healthy for the most part last year, but didn't have the QB to back it up. This year we do and can't keep the same people on the field each week.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

#11 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9820 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

I like how our team was healthy for the most part last year, but didn't have the QB to back it up. This year we do and can't keep the same people on the field each week.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

Yep. It's a shame when Fans have to sit at Home & just WONDER what their Team looks like COMPLETELY Healthy.

We still don't know if Chapman would be a Starter. We have no idea what we could be when Healthy. smh

#12 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Good thing that Fleener & Davis are back. Both guys will be instrumental in winning against Buffalo.

Fleener- The offense can use more of the two TE sets and run the ball against one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Davis- When he is on the field, the QB will usually go for the #2 receiver. Limiting Stevie Johnson will better the chances of winning, also Davis is a good tackler and could stop the outside run.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#13 dgambill

dgambill
  • 2978 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

This is why I just don't think we have the ability to make a run at the playoffs. Teams that can hold it together down the stretch have much deeper rosters than us. We have some talent...but it is very very thin. Hopefully we get healthy at the right time and keep away the injury bug. Look at teams that typically win it all they tend to get healthy and make a run late in the year. Even our SB win in 2006 we got Sanders back and it changed how our defense played...a lot of downhill tackling. A healthy Freeney in the SB in 2009 and that game is different too IMO. We just don't have enough depth to offset a lot of injuries yet. We have played much better than I expected...and a lot of that I think is playing with faith and heart for our sick coach....but against quality opponents...I fear we don't have the fire power on either side of the ball to win. We have the easiest schedule in football...perhaps we can squeeze into a wild card birth but we are probably an 8-8 finish just outside looking in...and then middle first rd pick.

#14 Danny Darville

Danny Darville
  • Rookie
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

good teams have linebackers that actually make tackles....and know their assignments on defence....and need to be called out by the fans and coaches.

#15 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3502 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Good thing that Fleener & Davis are back. Both guys will be instrumental in winning against Buffalo.

Is Fleener back now? That would be a big boost but I hope he's ready, not worth risking him if he's not.

#16 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Is Fleener back now? That would be a big boost but I hope he's ready, not worth risking him if he's not.

I have heard reports that he practiced all throughout the week so it is looking good
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#17 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3502 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

I saw some reports of limited participation so positive news if he's become a possible for Sunday.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      28 Jul
    Bogie

PsuedoHistory logic-I don't know; therefore aliens!

Show comments (4)
View All Updates