Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bayone

Von ( doom ) Miller Takes Home Second DPOW Award

11 posts in this topic

On the strength of a three-sack performance against the San Diego Chargers, linebacker Von Miller took home his second career Defensive Player of the Week Award for Week 11.

In addition to sacking Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers three times last Sunday, he forced two fumbles and registered six tackles — two of which were for a loss.

Miller’s three sacks led the AFC for the week, and he is now the only AFC player to record at least three sacks and two forced fumbles in a game in 2012.

He currently ranks second in the NFL and first in the AFC with 13 sacks while leading the league with 23 tackles for a loss.

http://blog.denverbr...ond-dpow-award/

1 person likes this

On the strength of a three-sack performance against the San Diego Chargers, linebacker Von Miller took home his second career Defensive Player of the Week Award for Week 11.

In addition to sacking Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers three times last Sunday, he forced two fumbles and registered six tackles — two of which were for a loss.

Miller’s three sacks led the AFC for the week, and he is now the only AFC player to record at least three sacks and two forced fumbles in a game in 2012.

He currently ranks second in the NFL and first in the AFC with 13 sacks while leading the league with 23 tackles for a loss.

http://blog.denverbr...ond-dpow-award/

Yay, Von!

23 TFL is by far the best among linebackers (L. David and A. Smith both have 13). He is also tied for first in forced fumbles (4), second for QB hits (17). No sophomore slump for Von.

Aldon Smith had a monday night record 5.5 sacks + a FF v. a 7-2 Bears club and Miller gets it? Love me some Von Miller but Smith is coming off the best defensive performance the NFL has seen in a long, long time. Perhaps it is because he is overshadowed by the other big-names on that defense...

Aldon Smith had a monday night record 5.5 sacks + a FF v. a 7-2 Bears club and Miller gets it? Love me some Von Miller but Smith is coming off the best defensive performance the NFL has seen in a long, long time. Perhaps it is because he is overshadowed by the other big-names on that defense...

understand your point, Millewr had tons of pressure on Rivers too, I dont know what else smith did as didnt watch game

Maybe was also because against A sub QB , or as u say that entire D is lights out , I was hoping that would be where Peyton went , think easier to win SB there but then again he wouldnt have freedom he likes in running offense and hes not a big city person, he has a good life, that in the end is what counts

Other than TFL stats I mentioned above, here is what IOAFM says:

By PFF's accounting, Von has 61 pressures (13 sacks, 11 hits, 37 hurries) in 663 snaps (9.2%), while Smith has 43 pressures (15 sacks, 9 hits, 19 hurries) in 618 snaps 7.0%). It's not exactly a close call. The site's grades say the same thing - they have Von at +60.1, and Smith at +14.6.

Other than TFL stats I mentioned above, here is what IOAFM says:

By PFF's accounting, Von has 61 pressures (13 sacks, 11 hits, 37 hurries) in 663 snaps (9.2%), while Smith has 43 pressures (15 sacks, 9 hits, 19 hurries) in 618 snaps 7.0%). It's not exactly a close call. The site's grades say the same thing - they have Von at +60.1, and Smith at +14.6.

1) this is a defensive player of the week award, not DPOY. No argument can be made that Miller had a better game than Smith.

2) stats are useless. There are too many variables outside the players' control that effect the stats, which are often times difficult to measure in the first place (i.e. how close does one have to be for a pressure?). For example, Miller plays vs worse teams than Smith (AFC West is by far worst division, nfc is much better than afc), Smith competes with other studs on that D for plays, etc. Stickin with the niners, pat willis and justin smith are good examples of players with massive impacts who have lesser stats than infefior players who play the same position...heck Andrew Luc has a QBR below 80 but he is the best rookie Qb I have ever seen, even with RG3 and RW posting QBRs of 90+...

Von Miller is amazing.....total stud....potential HOFer at this rate....but lets not pretend he is way better than Aldon SMith. Watching both these guys play, it is clear both are probably the best at their position right now

1) this is a defensive player of the week award, not DPOY. No argument can be made that Miller had a better game than Smith.

2) stats are useless. There are too many variables outside the players' control that effect the stats, which are often times difficult to measure in the first place (i.e. how close does one have to be for a pressure?). For example, Miller plays vs worse teams than Smith (AFC West is by far worst division, nfc is much better than afc), Smith competes with other studs on that D for plays, etc. Stickin with the niners, pat willis and justin smith are good examples of players with massive impacts who have lesser stats than infefior players who play the same position...heck Andrew Luc has a QBR below 80 but he is the best rookie Qb I have ever seen, even with RG3 and RW posting QBRs of 90+...

Von Miller is amazing.....total stud....potential HOFer at this rate....but lets not pretend he is way better than Aldon SMith. Watching both these guys play, it is clear both are probably the best at their position right now

1) Sure. I'm more reacting at Smith's attitude toward Von Miller. I thought, dude, sack is just one thing of many.

2) Stats are not useless but it's misleading a lot of the times. I don't think Denver's schedule has been easier than the Niner's thus far. It is now beginning to really ease. My feeling is that Denver has played against better O lines than the Niiners has so far too. But obviously I don't watch or follow all NFL teams, so this is just my impression, which is often wrong admittedly. One thing I agree with you, though, is Andrew Luck is the best rookie QB I've ever seen.

1) Sure. I'm more reacting at Smith's attitude toward Von Miller. I thought, dude, sack is just one thing of many.

2) Stats are not useless but it's misleading a lot of the times. I don't think Denver's schedule has been easier than the Niner's thus far. It is now beginning to really ease. My feeling is that Denver has played against better O lines than the Niiners has so far too. But obviously I don't watch or follow all NFL teams, so this is just my impression, which is often wrong admittedly. One thing I agree with you, though, is Andrew Luck is the best rookie QB I've ever seen.

Dont know where u r getting yopur QBR from but Luck is 3rd behind Brady then Peyton with the later 2 the only ones above 80

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

people were etching jj watts name on the DOY a little too soon

1 person likes this

people were etching jj watts name on the DOY a little too soon

'

JJ had big game today esp with 2 4th qrtr sacks I heard and much pressure

JJ had big game today esp with 2 4th qrtr sacks I heard and much pressure

Yeah, I saw that. A great player for sure.