Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver Vs KC & KC's only chance is

bayone

Despite their epic collection of troubles, the Chiefs still have the No. 4 rushing attack in the NFL,

averaging 145.4 yards per game.

They are also fourth in the league in rushing attempts at 31.9 per game.

Now this isn't just a poke-the-optimism-balloon item. This is a trend the Broncos have lived against the Chiefs. The last five times the Chiefs have defeated the Broncos over the last six seasons,

Kansas City has rushed for 106, 185, 317, 213 and 223 yards.

As for the notion those games were all constructed by a talented Chiefs roster fighting for a postseason spot, just circle "false" there.

The 317-yard effort, with 259 coming from Jamaal Charles, was the 2009 season finale for a 4-12 Chiefs team. The 213-yard effort was one of two victories for a 2-14 Chiefs team in '08.

Of course, trends are made to be broken these days for the Broncos with Peyton Manning behind center. But the Chiefs have gummed up the works at least some on several opposing passers this season.

They don't get many sacks, haven't had many interceptions and certainly haven't won because of it, but they have made it difficult at times for passers to find the rhythm those quarterbacks would like to have.

So, a fast start is Job One for the Broncos: get the lead and take the running game off the table for the Chiefs and crank up the crabby meter in the Chiefs home crowd. Because history has shown: If the Broncos let the Chiefs slug it out, a bad Chiefs team can use the run game to beat a Broncos team that thinks it is a good one.

(((( GO PEYTON & Von Miller < & the RB by commitee )))))

Read more:Chiefs have one chance to hang with Broncos on Sunday: the run game - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...n#ixzz2Cr9CROYF

Romeo Crennel, I have seen it way too many times. He will make it a FG game. He will double both outside WRs and sometimes drop back his LBs to double Stokley too forcing the McGahee less Broncos to run on them, as simple as that.

The same thing he did vs Aaron Rodgers last year, the same thing he did vs Peyton in Indy in 2010 with Mike Hart scoring the lone TD in a 19-13 game (if I remember right at home vs the Chiefs), the same thing he did vs Peyton as DC of the Patriots.

Peyton has seen it far too much to not be ready now. The only way the Chiefs can put pressure on Peyton is by scoring 20 points. Otherwise, Peyton will not force things, be glad to take FGs and get the 1 or 2 TDs when he can and come out with a win.

Ronnie Hillman is key to this entire game. If they get Hillman going, the Chiefs do not have enough firepower on offense to keep up against the Denver D and will have to overplay the run thus giving Peyton ample opportunities to throw on them. The Chiefs' offense is putrid and they cant figure out if Cassel or Quinn is the answer, I think neither is.

If Peyton has to score 3 FGs and 2 TDs for a 23-10 win, he would gladly do so.

Romeo Crennel, I have seen it way too many times. He will make it a FG game. He will double both outside WRs and sometimes drop back his LBs to double Stokley too forcing the McGahee less Broncos to run on them, as simple as that.

The same thing he did vs Aaron Rodgers last year, the same thing he did vs Peyton in Indy in 2010 with Mike Hart scoring the lone TD in a 19-13 game (if I remember right at home vs the Chiefs), the same thing he did vs Peyton as DC of the Patriots.

Peyton has seen it far too much to not be ready now. The only way the Chiefs can put pressure on Peyton is by scoring 20 points. Otherwise, Peyton will not force things, be glad to take FGs and get the 1 or 2 TDs when he can and come out with a win.

Ronnie Hillman is key to this entire game. If they get Hillman going, the Chiefs do not have enough firepower on offense to keep up against the Denver D and will have to overplay the run thus giving Peyton ample opportunities to throw on them. The Chiefs' offense is putrid and they cant figure out if Cassel or Quinn is the answer, I think neither is.

Romeo Crennel 's D strategy is the best thing on that team even though not a player

Broncos to see a familiar face Sunday at K.C. in former QB Brady Quinn is starter

Overall, however, Quinn steps into a difficult spot as the Chiefs could be missing three starters in the offensive line Sunday against a Broncos defense that leads the league in sacks.

In two previous starts to go with some spot duty, Quinn has completed 35-of-58 passes (60.9 percent) for 308 yards to go with three interceptions.

He has not thrown a touchdown pass this season and also tried to play with a concussion earlier this year, in a Week 8 loss to Oakland.

((( ATTACK HIM )))

Read more:Broncos to see a familiar face Sunday at K.C. in former QB Brady Quinn - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...c#ixzz2CsjAffam

Broncos to see a familiar face Sunday at K.C. in former QB Brady Quinn is starter

Overall, however, Quinn steps into a difficult spot as the Chiefs could be missing three starters in the offensive line Sunday against a Broncos defense that leads the league in sacks.

In two previous starts to go with some spot duty, Quinn has completed 35-of-58 passes (60.9 percent) for 308 yards to go with three interceptions.

He has not thrown a touchdown pass this season and also tried to play with a concussion earlier this year, in a Week 8 loss to Oakland.

((( ATTACK HIM )))

Read more:Broncos to see a familiar face Sunday at K.C. in former QB Brady Quinn - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...c#ixzz2CsjAffam

Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn. We had fun last year, didn't we? Thank God, it's all about business now.

It's goning to be a warm day, thankfully. I'm feeling optimistic once again this week.

Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn. We had fun last year, didn't we? Thank God, it's all about business now.

It's goning to be a warm day, thankfully. I'm feeling optimistic once again this week.

In other news, Broncos cornerback Omar Bolden (concussion vs. Chargers) did some stretching but was without a helmet and did not participate in drills.

Defensive end Derek Wolfe (thigh vs. Chargers) appeared to practice on a limited basis during the early portion of practice that was open to the media.

Read more:Broncos have yet to announce replacement for Willis McGahee on roster - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...r#ixzz2CtGPyni3

WEATHER: The current forecast is calling for Sunny weather with a high/low of 55/29f.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/11/21/3675414/denver-broncos-kansas-city-chiefs-first-look

In other news, Broncos cornerback Omar Bolden (concussion vs. Chargers) did some stretching but was without a helmet and did not participate in drills.

Defensive end Derek Wolfe (thigh vs. Chargers) appeared to practice on a limited basis during the early portion of practice that was open to the media.

Read more:Broncos have yet to announce replacement for Willis McGahee on roster - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...r#ixzz2CtGPyni3

WEATHER: The current forecast is calling for Sunny weather with a high/low of 55/29f.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/11/21/3675414/denver-broncos-kansas-city-chiefs-first-look

Thanks. It's nice not to see Porter/Kuper/Doom mentioned in injury report. I gues Doom's shoulder is just fine!

And the weather!

Thanks. It's nice not to see Porter/Kuper/Doom mentioned in injury report. I gues Doom's shoulder is just fine!

And the weather!

its not an injury report but glad as u no one else noted in article, will have to wait for true report, AM curious about Porter, adds great depth

And the weather!

Broncos-Chiefs Wednesday Injury Report

Bolden DNP, Green, Dt, Wolfe all limited, others with issues full participation but are issues like Hillman again Hamstring & now we need him, porter still ilness but full practice, no idea if cleared to play

Chiefs are hurting , may be no one to protect quinn or to throw to even & iff can play , how well & for how long

it would be handoff to Charles all day most likely

http://www.milehighr...y-injury-report

have a good thanksgiving all

Broncos-Chiefs Wednesday Injury Report

Bolden DNP, Green, Dt, Wolfe all limited, others with issues full participation but are issues like Hillman again Hamstring & now we need him, porter still ilness but full practice, no idea if cleared to play

Chiefs are hurting , may be no one to protect quinn or to throw to even & iff can play , how well & for how long

it would be handoff to Charles all day most likely

have a good thanksgiving all

Thanks, Barry!

Yay, Kupe! Hillman is a worry but Knowshon is fully healthy ;) I'm anxious to see how Porter does.

Happy thanksgiving to you!

Thanks, Barry!

Yay, Kupe! Hillman is a worry but Knowshon is fully healthy ;) I'm anxious to see how Porter does.

Happy thanksgiving to you!

we still dont know if Porter even cleared to play, he is to practice but I have no idea abouit playing , he may be cleared he may not

======================================

Peyton Manning says Broncos can overcome McGahee's absence

Peyton Manning said the Broncos will undoubtedly miss injured running back Willis McGahee, but said he believes others can do a good job filling the void.

"Knowshon (Moreno) and Lance (Ball) and Ronnie (Hillman), and (they) all have to step up,

and everybody else has to step their game up too, when you're missing one of your top players. And those guys will step up and do a good job."

The 7-3 Broncos , who play at Kansas City this weekend, will practice Thanksgiving morning.

"I think it's important that a good football team can still have a good practice in a holiday situation," Manning said. "And we can still realize what a special day it is, with family and friends, and be thankful for our blessings. We have a lot to be thankful for."

Manning said nobody should take the Chiefs lightly, despite their poor season.

"They're good defensively. They can put a lot of pressure on the quarterback and it's always tough playing at Arrowhead," Manning said

Read more:Peyton Manning says Broncos can overcome McGahee's absence - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...e#ixzz2CtoxrRjF

we still dont know if Porter even cleared to play, he is to practice but I have no idea abouit playing , he may be cleared he may not

======================================

Peyton Manning says Broncos can overcome McGahee's absence

Peyton Manning said the Broncos will undoubtedly miss injured running back Willis McGahee, but said he believes others can do a good job filling the void.

"Knowshon (Moreno) and Lance (Ball) and Ronnie (Hillman), and (they) all have to step up,

and everybody else has to step their game up too, when you're missing one of your top players. And those guys will step up and do a good job."

I know this is the company line. I heard it from McCoy, Elway and Fox. But...it's nice to hear from Peyton's mouth. A Denver CBS sports guy tweeted that one Broncos exec he talked to said they were not worried at all... Alright then!

I know this is the company line. I heard it from McCoy, Elway and Fox. But...it's nice to hear from Peyton's mouth. A Denver CBS sports guy tweeted that one Broncos exec he talked to said they were not worried at all... Alright then!

sure it still is to some extent a company line, but if were desperate would go after someone see this for latest so far

also still havent promoted Jeremiah Johnson to active list so keeping a spot open encase do go after free agent,

I think if promote vfrom practice to active must play ceratin amount a=of weks before going back to practice but not sure

http://forums.colts....ir/#entry338702

sure it still is to some extent a company line, but if were desperate would go after someone see this for latest so far

also still havent promoted Jeremiah Johnson to active list so keeping a spot open encase do go after free agent,

I think if promote vfrom practice to active must play ceratin amount of weks before going back to practice but not sure

http://forums.colts....ir/#entry338702

It's 9 weeks or fewer. We have some time/schedule to run some experiment. I'm sure they are covering all their bases.

It's 9 weeks or fewer. We have some time/schedule to run some experiment. I'm sure they are covering all their bases.

4 articles

Broncos-Chiefs Thursday Injury Report

Both Teams getting Healthier ,

Broncos only Bolden Limited,

Chiefs 2 TE;'s & RG asomoah limited , Starters I believe , Check depth chart for yourself

Guard / Center Lilja DNP, & Albert Branden OT DNP --- all, starters I believe

KC DEPTH CHART

http://www.kcchiefs....epth-chart.html

Tracy Porter cleared to play:

that doesn’t mean he will. It just means the seizure symptoms that held him back in recent weeks are no longer stopping him.

“I finally made the plane,” Porter said. “Now, we’ll see if I make the field.”

But with the way defensive backs Chris Harris and Tony Carter have been playing since Porter went down six weeks, don’t be surprised if Porter is among the game-day inactives.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/22/tracy-porter-cleared-play/17071/

Broncos' secondary getting healthy, as Bolden returns, Porter prepares

The Broncos injury report listed Bolden as "limited" in practice, but Bolden said afterward that he participated in all the drills, although the repetitions were reduced.

Read more:Broncos' secondary getting healthy, as Bolden returns, Porter prepares - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpos...s#ixzz2CzOlycUG

Heading Into a Hostile Environment

the Broncos are 15-33 in Kansas City since the Chiefs moved to the city in 1963.

“Any time you go into Arrowhead (Stadium), it’s a tough place to play,” Elway said. “I know the Chiefs are struggling this year, but as we know, everybody in the NFL can beat anybody on any given day. Peyton has the right attitude. The fact is, it doesn’t matter what their record is. They can get hot at any point in time. So hopefully we can go in there and take control of the football game early and keep the crowd out of it, because it’s probably as loud a stadium as there is in the league when it’s going.”

http://blog.denverbr...le-environment/

Broncos Expect Chiefs' Best Shot

]For the fifth consecutive week, the Broncos are set to face a team with a sub-.500 record. But the mantra remains the same -- look at the tape, not the standings.

That holds especially true when the opponent is a division rival like the Kansas City Chiefs

"What I do know is it’s a rivalry game, you can throw those records right out the window, it doesn’t matter," defensive tackle Justin Bannan said. "These guys are going to be ready to play and we’re going into Kansas City. It’s always a tough environment for the Broncos to play in, so we have to be ready to go.”

The Broncos haven't taken any of its previous four opponents lightly, so cornerback Champ Bailey didn't buy any notion of a potential "trap game" against the 1-9 Chiefs.

“First and foremost, they’re an AFC West opponent, so it’s a little heightened sense of urgency from both sides," Bailey said. "I think we definitely can’t go in there with our eyes closed and think we’re going to come out with a win. This is a hungry football team with a lot of talented players. They’ve got a lot of pride so we expect their best shot.”

Having played on losing teams in the past -- Bannan with St. Louis and Adams with Cleveland -- both players brought up how much pride there is in an NFL locker room, regardless of record. Adams said he expects the Broncos to face a team filled with players working as hard as they can on the field this Sunday.

Tight end Jacob Tamme pointed out that the Chiefs have "five guys on their defense that could be Pro Bowlers." Safety Rahim Moore noted that with running back Jamaal Charles in the backfield, Kansas City "will run on you all day."

Quarterback Peyton Manning pointed out the amount of pressure the Kansas City defense -- which ranks ninth in the league against the pass -- has put on signal callers all season.

In other words, the Broncos won't take their latest challenge lightly.

"They’ve got five first-rounders on defense, sprinkled all through the depth chart there," Head Coach John Fox said. "Offensively, they’ve got the fourth-leading rusher in the AFC and the tenth-leading receiver.

Our guys look at the tape and they understand (it’s a) division game on the road – this is a very capable football team.”

]http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Expect-Chiefs-Best-Shot/707bd775-14fa-4f5b-982f-233c773889be