Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Anderson Waived

Dan

Maybe they waived him so they could sign him to the practice squad.

He was already on the practice squad. He had been activated to the active roster just a couple days ago. If they wanted him on the ps thered be no reason to have added him to active in the first place.

I would expect the spot on the practice squad to be taken by Anderson

The only way that makes any sense is if the Reitz injury was discovered after Anderson was activated to the 53 man roster. I didn't catch the exact order of how those things happened? I thought that Anderson was activated after the Reitz injury but then again...........

ok wait, my bad...I've had a total brain fart in this thread. I was thinking Anderson was activated from PS to active roster but he was activated from PUP list to active so yes, cutting him and then signing him to the practice squad makes total sense. Please ignore my other comment in this thread :D

It was academic, he was having a miserable training camp getting into shape from what I saw with my own eyes , Like said above that spot could be better used on the team now, wish him the best though

You must be thinking about someone else. Anderson was on the PUP list and in order to be on the PUP list during the season you have to start training camp on the PUP. So he could not have participated in training camp.

Pup to practice squad makes sense. If they had kept him on the PUP list then the Colts would have IR'd for the season which means he would not be allowed to practice. If they sign him to the practice squad then he can participate in all practices and meetings, giving him a leg up for next year. And according to the Colts roster on Colts.com they currently only have 7 PS players and they are allowed 8.

What a stupid move, I'm tired of seeing our offensive linemen get mauled by defensive lines. I think that is what they might be lacking is just overall strength. Joe reitz,mcglynn, and Satele get overwhelmed a lot this season, it happens to castonzo to, although he is better then the first 3 I mentioned. If you ask me our running backs make our offensive line look good sometimes. We need to get some * size and strength on are line. Anderson I believe with some practice and good coaching could be pretty decent. At least he would intimidate some opposing players, ain't no one scared of a 6'7 320 pound linemen, that's lunch for Defensive linemen and good linebackers. Sorry but I've seen our guys just get knocked and thrown to the ground to much, and they sure as he** aren't tripping over people. I hope we make a move for either kraig urbik or chad rinehart from the bills this offseason

You must be thinking about someone else. Anderson was on the PUP list and in order to be on the PUP list during the season you have to start training camp on the PUP. So he could not have participated in training camp.

Pup to practice squad makes sense. If they had kept him on the PUP list then the Colts would have IR'd for the season which means he would not be allowed to practice. If they sign him to the practice squad then he can participate in all practices and meetings, giving him a leg up for next year. And according to the Colts roster on Colts.com they currently only have 7 PS players and they are allowed 8.

No I was thinking of the right guy, I saw him jogging up and down the end zones while others who were healthy were practicing at TC, he was just having a miserable time finishing a couple laps dropping down to 1 and sometimes 2 knees. He wasn't an actual participant in training camp of course.

He'll be on our PS in the next few days. We had to activate him to keep his season to be over. Then, our options were either to put him on the active roster or waive him (and hopefully put him on the PS). I bet we wanted him on the PS in case subsequent injuries make him the best option sometime in the second half of the season.

What a stupid move, I'm tired of seeing our offensive linemen get mauled by defensive lines. I think that is what they might be lacking is just overall strength. Joe reitz,mcglynn, and Satele get overwhelmed a lot this season, it happens to castonzo to, although he is better then the first 3 I mentioned. If you ask me our running backs make our offensive line look good sometimes. We need to get some * size and strength on are line. Anderson I believe with some practice and good coaching could be pretty decent. At least he would intimidate some opposing players, ain't no one scared of a 6'7 320 pound linemen, that's lunch for Defensive linemen and good linebackers. Sorry but I've seen our guys just get knocked and thrown to the ground to much, and they sure as he** aren't tripping over people. I hope we make a move for either kraig urbik or chad rinehart from the bills this offseason

Defense players are so much more athletic and stronger these days than offensive lineman. Even the fans of once elite (Jake Long for instance anybody?) O lineman are complaining about lack of protection and production. We are not alone, just near the bottom of a decent sized list.

I see now....I missed a step. I thought Kyle Miller was released to make room for Dominique Jones so I thought we still had a roster spot open with Anderson being cut and signed to the PS. Just read through the recent roster moves though and now I see. Miller was released so they could add Anderson to the active roster. Then Anderson was waived and Dominique Jones was signed to fill the open spot. I'm caught up now...it's been a hectic weekend and beginning to this week. :)

I just can't find this very surprising. An injured late-round o-lineman is hard to get excited about.

I'm still holding out hope for him, but you can't hit a home run every time.... I think we had a great draft (in hindsight), but we didn't get any production out of our late round guys... We all knew Chapman would be injured most of the year, but Fugger and Anderson never played a snap, either... we have to do at least a little better with our late picks next year