Photo

Justin Anderson Waived

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

#bradyquinnforthemaddencover

• 1371 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

The day after being added to the active roster. Curious.

Alvester Alexander is also gone from the practice squad.

http://blogs.colts.c...ign=latestblogs

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Cold world....

#3 ar1888

ar1888
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Sounds like they could avoid a injury settlement by waiting for him to get to the active roster first.

#4 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

hmmm interesting indeed.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#5 PatMcAfeeFan

PatMcAfeeFan
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Maybe they waived him so they could sign him to the practice squad.
"Everyone just drink the kool-aid n leap n2 the blue waterfalls of faith...automatic 4the people..the smoker u drink,the player u get!"-Jim Irsay

#6 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6597 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Maybe they waived him so they could sign him to the practice squad.

He was already on the practice squad. He had been activated to the active roster just a couple days ago. If they wanted him on the ps thered be no reason to have added him to active in the first place.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."  Why do we even need one way?  Who's out there skinning cats?  And why do we need more than one way to do it?  Isn't one enough?

#7 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19150 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

He was already on the practice squad. He had been activated to the active roster just a couple days ago. If they wanted him on the ps thered be no reason to have added him to active in the first place.

Wasn't he on the PUP not the PS?
Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

#8 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 14016 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

My guess is that he wasn't ready to play and they need some who can play now. I saw that Reitz had a limp after the Pats game so maybe he's hurt again.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#9 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19150 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

My guess is that he wasn't ready to play and they need some who can play now. I saw that Reitz had a limp after the Pats game so maybe he's hurt again.

Good Possibility which means JA could land on the PS

PrincetonTiger77

#10 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 8132 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

Aww... was looking forward to see if he had any potential.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#11 unitaswestand

unitaswestand
  • 1202 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

I would expect the spot on the practice squad to be taken by Anderson

#12 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 12289 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well, so much for that smh
"I differ what they prefer, so they count me like the census"

#13 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18874 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

It was academic, he was having a miserable training camp getting into shape from what I saw with my own eyes , Like said above that spot could be better used on the team now, wish him the best though

#14 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 12289 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

It was academic, he was having a miserable training camp getting into shape from what I saw with my own eyes , Like said above that spot could be better used on the team now, wish him the best though

CB Maybe?? Everyone knows we DESPERATELY need help there

#15 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18874 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

CB Maybe?? Everyone knows we DESPERATELY need help there

I wonder if Brandon Washngton is still on I believe it was Rams PS, Not sure if he would fit the O Line Scheme, He certainly is big and I had one eye on him at draft time

#16 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 12289 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

I wonder if Brandon Washngton is still on I believe it was Rams PS, Not sure if he would fit the O Line Scheme, He certainly is big and I had one eye on him at draft time

Any Alabama O-lineman available? They usually keep good lineman

#17 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18874 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Any Alabama O-lineman available? They usually keep good lineman

I'd have to go a searchin, dont know off the top of my head

#18 atapcl

atapcl
  • 1370 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Maybe Olsen will be brought back to replace Anderson.

#19 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6597 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

I would expect the spot on the practice squad to be taken by Anderson

The only way that makes any sense is if the Reitz injury was discovered after Anderson was activated to the 53 man roster. I didn't catch the exact order of how those things happened? I thought that Anderson was activated after the Reitz injury but then again...........

ok wait, my bad...I've had a total brain fart in this thread. I was thinking Anderson was activated from PS to active roster but he was activated from PUP list to active so yes, cutting him and then signing him to the practice squad makes total sense. Please ignore my other comment in this thread :D

"There's more than one way to skin a cat."  Why do we even need one way?  Who's out there skinning cats?  And why do we need more than one way to do it?  Isn't one enough?

#20 Coffeedrinker

Coffeedrinker
  • 4434 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

You must be thinking about someone else. Anderson was on the PUP list and in order to be on the PUP list during the season you have to start training camp on the PUP. So he could not have participated in training camp.

Pup to practice squad makes sense. If they had kept him on the PUP list then the Colts would have IR'd for the season which means he would not be allowed to practice. If they sign him to the practice squad then he can participate in all practices and meetings, giving him a leg up for next year. And according to the Colts roster on Colts.com they currently only have 7 PS players and they are allowed 8.

#21 Andy

Andy
  • 8938 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

I think the Colts are trying to get him on the PS. I think we have room, right?

This kid is a project... if he reaches his full potential, he could be a mediocre starter in 3 or so years.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#22 needanoline63

needanoline63
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

What a stupid move, I'm tired of seeing our offensive linemen get mauled by defensive lines. I think that is what they might be lacking is just overall strength. Joe reitz,mcglynn, and Satele get overwhelmed a lot this season, it happens to castonzo to, although he is better then the first 3 I mentioned. If you ask me our running backs make our offensive line look good sometimes. We need to get some * size and strength on are line. Anderson I believe with some practice and good coaching could be pretty decent. At least he would intimidate some opposing players, ain't no one scared of a 6'7 320 pound linemen, that's lunch for Defensive linemen and good linebackers. Sorry but I've seen our guys just get knocked and thrown to the ground to much, and they sure as he** aren't tripping over people. I hope we make a move for either kraig urbik or chad rinehart from the bills this offseason

#23 needanoline63

needanoline63
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Maybe Olsen will be brought back to replace Anderson.

O yes he would be our savior. We need size and srength, our offensive line doesn't play strong at all

#24 LJpalmbeacher

LJpalmbeacher
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Tough being released just before the holidays.

#25 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18874 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

You must be thinking about someone else. Anderson was on the PUP list and in order to be on the PUP list during the season you have to start training camp on the PUP. So he could not have participated in training camp.

Pup to practice squad makes sense. If they had kept him on the PUP list then the Colts would have IR'd for the season which means he would not be allowed to practice. If they sign him to the practice squad then he can participate in all practices and meetings, giving him a leg up for next year. And according to the Colts roster on Colts.com they currently only have 7 PS players and they are allowed 8.

No I was thinking of the right guy, I saw him jogging up and down the end zones while others who were healthy were practicing at TC, he was just having a miserable time finishing a couple laps dropping down to 1 and sometimes 2 knees. He wasn't an actual participant in training camp of course.

#26 Archer

Archer
  • 563 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

He'll be on our PS in the next few days. We had to activate him to keep his season to be over. Then, our options were either to put him on the active roster or waive him (and hopefully put him on the PS). I bet we wanted him on the PS in case subsequent injuries make him the best option sometime in the second half of the season.

"I am the chill that's in the air."

#27 IndyTrav

IndyTrav
  • 2909 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Who's all avail?

Routt is still out there I believe. So is another "name" CB although I can't remember it.

Edwards was cut as well.

Wonder where this last spot goes?

I like to argue. 

#28 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3733 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

What a stupid move, I'm tired of seeing our offensive linemen get mauled by defensive lines. I think that is what they might be lacking is just overall strength. Joe reitz,mcglynn, and Satele get overwhelmed a lot this season, it happens to castonzo to, although he is better then the first 3 I mentioned. If you ask me our running backs make our offensive line look good sometimes. We need to get some * size and strength on are line. Anderson I believe with some practice and good coaching could be pretty decent. At least he would intimidate some opposing players, ain't no one scared of a 6'7 320 pound linemen, that's lunch for Defensive linemen and good linebackers. Sorry but I've seen our guys just get knocked and thrown to the ground to much, and they sure as he** aren't tripping over people. I hope we make a move for either kraig urbik or chad rinehart from the bills this offseason

Defense players are so much more athletic and stronger these days than offensive lineman. Even the fans of once elite (Jake Long for instance anybody?) O lineman are complaining about lack of protection and production. We are not alone, just near the bottom of a decent sized list.
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#29 Andy

Andy
  • 8938 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, he's officially on the PS.

Andy
Writer for: The Montreal Gazette, and various other websites

Posted Image

#30 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6597 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, he's officially on the PS.

Very cool. So we should have an open roster spot then right? Or has it been filled?

#31 Gavin

Gavin
  • 18874 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Very cool. So we should have an open roster spot then right? Or has it been filled?

Just looked its full http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

#32 Jason_S

Jason_S
  • 6597 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Just looked its full http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

I see now....I missed a step. I thought Kyle Miller was released to make room for Dominique Jones so I thought we still had a roster spot open with Anderson being cut and signed to the PS. Just read through the recent roster moves though and now I see. Miller was released so they could add Anderson to the active roster. Then Anderson was waived and Dominique Jones was signed to fill the open spot. I'm caught up now...it's been a hectic weekend and beginning to this week. :)

#33 atapcl

atapcl
  • 1370 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

O yes he would be our savior. We need size and srength, our offensive line doesn't play strong at all

Was not trying to say Olsen was any good but that the team designated him as the person they would bring back from the injured list.

#34 atapcl

atapcl
  • 1370 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

The day after being added to the active roster. Curious.

Alvester Alexander is also gone from the practice squad.

http://blogs.colts.c...ign=latestblogs

Looks like they dropped alexander so they would have a spot to bring back Anderson.

#35 needanoline63

needanoline63
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Was not trying to say Olsen was any good but that the team designated him as the person they would bring back from the injured list.

We need size and strength on the interior line, end of discussion. We can't keep getting man handled every game

#36 funktacious2

funktacious2
  • 1800 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

I just can't find this very surprising. An injured late-round o-lineman is hard to get excited about. It's unfortunate he didn't work out though. Not sure if we put him on the practice squad, but I hope he can improve and make something of himself somewhere.

#37 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 19150 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

I just can't find this very surprising. An injured late-round o-lineman is hard to get excited about. It's unfortunate he didn't work out though. Not sure if we put him on the practice squad, but I hope he can improve and make something of himself somewhere.

he was put on the PS

PrincetonTiger77

#38 Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger
  • 1147 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

I just can't find this very surprising. An injured late-round o-lineman is hard to get excited about.

I'm still holding out hope for him, but you can't hit a home run every time.... I think we had a great draft (in hindsight), but we didn't get any production out of our late round guys... We all knew Chapman would be injured most of the year, but Fugger and Anderson never played a snap, either... we have to do at least a little better with our late picks next year

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates