Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trueblueblood

colts vs bills Sunday

36 posts in this topic

Luck was asked when was the last time you lost a game by 5 touchdowns and he said "I don't know maybe pop warner"? Well I seriously doubt that Luck ever lost a game by that amount and I don't think he's going to play 2 bad games in a row without a big effort......meaning I think Luck will be super motivated in this game against Buffalo and I think that will show. As luck goes the Colts will go.

Buffalo can be had but beware of their offense. They have probably the best running back tandem in the NFL. Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller are the real deal. If they had an elite QB they would be scary. Their defense is near the bottom of the league.

I think Luck will go for another 300+ against the Bills defense. I have faith that our defense can hold the Bills running game to a respectable amount of yards, but they won't be running the ball playing from behind after Luck torches them on TD passes!

We will come back stronger than ever. Buffalo is a weaker team.

not significantly....

We'll bounce back. I think we're the better team, plus this game is at home. I do think that Buffalo will keep it close because they can score points.

Colts 27

Bills 23

If we can contain the run, and I feel we can, this game will be a blowout in our favor.

I'm not scared of there weapons outside of Spiller. I think they are all high caliber players, but I'm not scared of Stevie Johnson, Fitz, or Jackson.

If we can get out to an early lead, I think Fitzpatrick will make mistakes leading to our victory.

If we can contain the run, and I feel we can, this game will be a blowout in our favor.

I'm not scared of there weapons outside of Spiller. I think they are all high caliber players, but I'm not scared of Stevie Johnson, Fitz, or Jackson.

If we can get out to an early lead, I think Fitzpatrick will make mistakes leading to our victory.

I feel the exact same way. :cool:

Do the same thing we did vs the Pats, contain the run.

I do think Stevie Johnson will give us fits especially if Davis is still banged up and not 100% there yet.

Our LBs better be flying to their RBs on those screen passes, otherwise the Bills will hit up a few big yardage plays with dumpoffs.

We'll need a pass rush this game. We sure didn't bring it with us to Foxboro. Otherwise, the Bills will be dangerous.

I believe we will win this game. It is a must have, everybody in that locker room knows it. If we want to make the playoffs we HAVE to beat the teams we can/should beat.

We have not lost two in a row. Let this not be the first time. I had chalked the Lions game as a L. So, we need this badly, IMO, to keep our playoff hopes alive. Otherwise, we could be staring at a 3 game losing streak.

I think we pull a close one 27-24

Andrew Luck seemed almost over-the-top angry with himself after this game.

I may be delusional, but I expect a blow out in this game based on the psychological factors, which for once does not relate to ChuckStrong. I think this game will tell us a lot of what to expect in the future from Mr. Luck.

Hard to tell how the team will react to the brutal beating we got in foxboro. I think we either come out flat or super motivated. I truly feel Andrew will be super motivated for this game to atone for what happened in the last game, so that in itself tells me we will win!

Due to the fact that I'm surrounded by jets fans and the Bills are in their division, I'll just repeat what I hear at work: The Bills are known for throwing away games they are suppose to win. Their D is infamous for giving up in the fourth quarter if it is nessasary for the D to make a stop to win the game.

Also, their quarterback is extremely hit or miss. He can be Tom Brady in one game, and then not show for the next. Or he can give you a run for the money all the way into the fourth quarter then just throws the game away. Ryan Fitzpatrick is very good, but too inconsistant, you don't know which game he's going to show up at.

They are the doormat of the AFC East for a long time and have made serious moves this off season to change that by spending a lot on new talent and resigning key players. The first half of the season has been disappointing, but it appears they are starting to get hot after just recently going toe to toe with the Patriots only losing in the last seconds of the game, and their recent win against Miami.

After spying on their message board, they believe they gonna destroy us since the pats just wooped us and they gave the pats a hard time in a narrow loss. The Bills are determained to end their decade and a half playoff drought and see us as a mere speed bump on that road to redemption.

I think we can woop them if we put pressure on their inconsistant QB and shut the running game down.

I expect Arians to run the ball a lot to start the game to limit Andrew's mistake and make him a game manager.

Depending on how well the defense plays it will dictate what we do the rest of the game. I will help to have Davis back and depth to the CB and we can see how Davis & Butler play together.

After seeing the way the lions are 9laying that game def looks like a loss

eah... Detroit is looking good. I'm hoping that they (Det. and Hou) beat each other up a lot in the 2nd half and the Texans win a squeaker... I want to see some tired and gimpy players on that Texans D and "lets lay down for the rest of the season" look on the face of the Lions and their coaching staff...

eah... Detroit is looking good. I'm hoping that they (Det. and Hou) beat each other up a lot in the 2nd half and the Texans win a squeaker... I want to see some tired and gimpy players on that Texans D and "lets lay down for the rest of the season" look on the face of the Lions and their coaching staff...

Lol you sure did get your wish there. They did beat the crap out of eachother and the Texans did edge by.

Detroit is going to dismantle our D though unfortunately. We will probably have to put up somewhere between 30-40 to win.

1 person likes this

Lol you sure did get your wish there. They did beat the crap out of eachother and the Texans did edge by.

Detroit is going to dismantle our D though unfortunately. We will probably have to put up somewhere between 30-40 to win.

Phew, edge by? That would be an understatement. We edged the edge by. Great win.

1 person likes this

This is going to be a close one. I see the Bills point up some points on our shaky D. If Luck bounces back nicely we will win. If he makes a few mistakes this is going to be a tough game.

Phew, edge by? That would be an understatement. We edged the edge by. Great win.

Yeah good point they edged it past the point of no return. Texans do have the eye of the tiger thing going on for them.

I'm not really looking forward to the Colts playing the Texans and Lions. However, I am looking forward to seeing them play the Cheifs lol.

1 person likes this

Luck is going to have to have one heck of a finish to catch griffen for offensive rookie of year rg3 has been killing it his last two games

Luck is going to have to have one heck of a finish to catch griffen for offensive rookie of year rg3 has been killing it his last two games

true... until these last couple games I had been downplaying RGIII's stats as a byproduct of not having to do as much, and that still holds true... he hasn't been asked to do as much as our guy, but he has made the best of his opportunities, especially the last two games... I think if Luck grits us into the playoffs with a couple impressive performances (surrounded by fellow rookies) he might win in spite of efficiency numbers, but it is hard to argue with the season RGIII is having.

I will say this... I think RGIII's sophomore slump will be much more severe than Luck's because he will be asked to run a full NFL playbook and Luck's situation will be better due to the chemistry he will be able to acquire with our young receivers and the other rookies on the team gaining valuable experience with the playbook... throw in a couple decent free agents and stud draft picks and the future seems brighter for the Colts in 2013 than the Skins, which, for me, will be a better determinant of whether we made the right choice in the draft (obviously I think we did).

I hope not, but I think you may be right here...

I'll take a winning record and a playoff appearance over post season awards every time.

Yeah good point they edged it past the point of no return. Texans do have the eye of the tiger thing going on for them.

I'm not really looking forward to the Colts playing the Texans and Lions. However, I am looking forward to seeing them play the Cheifs lol.

I think the Lions are done after yesterday. They won't roll over, but they played like it was for their playoff lives yesterday, and righfully so, and to basically out play Houston, have the game on the foot of their kicker, and still lose... I think next week's game became a lot easier with the Lions loss.

I'm nervous about this game, to be honest. Some of you guys are seriously underestimating Buffalo's offense. While Fitzpatrick isn't what I'd call an elite QB, I don't think that really matters when you consider that our defense has made the likes of Gabbert, Weeden, Tannehill, Sanchez and Ponder look like decent starters at one point in the season. I'd say Fitzpatrick is better than all of those QB's, easily.

C.J. Spiller is who scares me the most, though. Think how inept Reggie Bush made our entire defense look on his TD run when we played the Dolphins. Spiller has that same capability. Buffalo also has, arguably the best screen game in the league, so I don't think it will be so easy as to rush Fitzpatrick all day and tee off on him. Gailey is one of the better signal callers in the league on offense. They will make adjustments.

The fact is, our defense is still very beatable, and if we go into this game playing stupid, undisciplined football on either side, Buffalo will walk away with the win. I think the gameplan on offense this week needs to be what it SHOULD'VE BEEN last week against the Pats. Ball control, short passes and heavy ground game. They can be run on, so we need to take advantage of that. If Arians calls another gun-slinging gameplan like he did last week, we will struggle. I can see Mario Williams and Dareus giving our O-line fits all afternoon if Arians continues to stubbornly favor the deep passing attack.

1 person likes this

And some of us haven't, and see things similarly. We must with control and discipline. We cannot turn the ball over or give them short fields. We have to have a couple key 3rd down D plays, or takeaways. It is then I think we will gather the momentum that brings the 12th man into the win.

1 person likes this