Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bayone

Broncos: Five Areas That Must Improve

3 posts in this topic

NOTHING YET ON ADDING ANOTHER RB

click on next above the picture near the right side for discussion of each

There is a peyton & general Bronco story under picture on first page

Hang onto the football

Faster starts

Ground attack to sell play action esp without Mcgahee

Stay on the field -- broncos seem to convert 3rd & 5 easier than 3rd and 1 and happens to often so cnt susstain all drives esp early

Sticky fingers - still to many drops 4 last sunday

http://www.rantsport...mprove/#slide_1

NOTHING YET ON ADDING ANOTHER RB

click on next above the picture near the right side for discussion of each

There is a peyton & general Bronco story under picture on first page

Hang onto the football

Faster starts

Ground attack to sell play action esp without Mcgahee

Stay on the field -- broncos seem to convert 3rd & 5 easier than 3rd and 1 and happens to often so cnt susstain all drives esp early

Sticky fingers - still to many drops 4 last sunday

http://www.rantsport...mprove/#slide_1

All true.

I'll add another: John Fox need to stop being way too conservative. It's okay to go for it 4-and-1 sometimes at 40-yard line even if we have a steller kicker.

All true.

I'll add another: John Fox need to stop being way too conservative. It's okay to go for it 4-and-1 sometimes at 40-yard line even if we have a steller kicker.

That's his reputation , said that beginning of year if remember right

lucky broncos got a 3 & out as chargers started with such great position

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Luck is 92 on the top 100
      I like how McAfee is praising Luck in the video, but we all know Pat wants to stand up in that interview and say, "Hah, I'm gonna be a higher rank than Luck! Suck it, Luck! Punters rule!"
    • Earl Okine
      Just a nitpick here but as to Green......I don't believe he was on any top 100 players list until he predictably blew up the combine with numbers. I'm also pretty certain though it has yet to play out in reality that as a #2 in a Man scheme that we replaced a Toler with maybe a notch just above Toler....maybe. Though if that holds true I'm hoping Robinson holds true to form like h did in New Orleans and counters that with making plays a lot of plays on the ball. I also don't think Cole was bad considering he was in a rotation. I've decided to go back over the games on Rewind and try to see if I can see why PFF handed out the grades they did to players.   They have Cole at a 77.1 pass rush grade and a 78.8 run defense grade(329 pass snaps, 204 pass snaps) . Neither number is outstanding or what some expected but both numbers rated as Starter numbers in. I also don't think I would have paid Vernon nearly what he got but he did get quite a bit of pressure last year on the QB IN 543 pass snaps with a 90.7 pass rush grade and 12th in run defense grade at 84.9   For comparison PFF has Mathis at a 75.3 pass rush grade and 51.3 run defense grade (380 pass snaps, 180 run snaps)   Not to say PFF is right of course but they do have interesting grades on the two to me (Mathis, Cole).   Maybe Cole really did get more combined pressure then Mathis though Mathis obviously had more sacks? What are your thoughts on that (QB pressures are not available. Maybe PFF already took that down?)
    • Luck is 92 on the top 100
      I knew he would make it just out of respect from his first 3 years in the league. He was #7 last season and the NFL Network probably figured his injuries had to do with most of his struggles. Everyone seen what he is capable of after how he played against the Broncos, the game where he got injured. I wasn't too far off. A while back I posted he would be between 75-90 because he still simply is a Top 10 QB in the league, he came in at #92. I bet none of the other QB's in our Division make the Top 100.
    • Our next great pass rusher
      Great? Right now I'd be delighted if any of those guys became average. 
  • Topics

• Welcome New Members

• Members

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.