Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All Underrated Team

IndyTrav

Half way they the season. Here are a few guys I feel have been underrated by fans and media. I'm currently on my phone, so it'll be short until I get my "team" list going.

Josh Freeman QB.

Roddy White WR

Randall Cobb WR

Percy Harvin WR

Marshawn Lynch RB

Brandon Meyers TE

That's a pretty good list there :) The only one I might swap out would be Harvin...I think he's starting to get the recognition and don't know how much I'd consider him underrated anymore. Two other names I might look at would be Brian Hartline or Danny Amendola. Amendola especially -- he's been a pretty critical part of the Rams' passing game.

Matt Schaub-When people talk about the Texans, they usually talk about the defense or Arian Foster, But Schaub has lead the league in passing yards before

Donald Brown-I will get some flack for this but who cares its my list, here is a guy that has only 1 fumble his entire career that came in his rookie year, he also has averaged 4.1 ypc for his career on limited carries before seemingly (and inexplicably) being deemed not good enough to carry the load

Stevie Johnson-Has had 2 1000 yard seasons and is on his way with a 3rd with a below average QB

Percy Harvin-Can do it all on offense, he can run the ball, Punt Return, Kick Return, Has yet to have a 1000 yard season but looks to be well on his way

Brandon Stokley-Has helped Peytons transition to the Broncos immensely this year in my opinion, 5 receiving touchdowns, Has 1 other 1000 yard season with the Colts back in 2004, His overall stats are not eye popping and he is not the most gifted athlete out there but would be valuable to any team even at 36 which is more then some in that same age range who at one time were the best in the game could say

Heath Miller-Not eye popping numbers but is consistent and has 37 touchdowns in his career with less athletic ability then a Gronkowski or Hernandez

That's a pretty good list there :) The only one I might swap out would be Harvin...I think he's starting to get the recognition and don't know how much I'd consider him underrated anymore. Two other names I might look at would be Brian Hartline or Danny Amendola. Amendola especially -- he's been a pretty critical part of the Rams' passing game.

Amendola is one of the most underrated WR in the league IMO. He is a security blanket for Bradford and never seems to drop balls(This season). To me he is a poor mans Reggie Wayne and only because he is a great route runner and has some pretty solid hands.

Half way they the season. Here are a few guys I feel have been underrated by fans and media. I'm currently on my phone, so it'll be short until I get my "team" list going.

Josh Freeman QB.

Roddy White WR

Randall Cobb WR

Percy Harvin WR

Marshawn Lynch RB

Brandon Meyers TE

Josh Freeman Tampa Bay QB? He was atrocious last year and is just starting to maybe turn the corner this year.

Josh Freeman Tampa Bay QB? He was atrocious last year and is just starting to maybe turn the corner this year.

Currently:

4th in TDs

10th in Rating

4th in Yds per ATT

2nd Yards per Comp

4th Adj yds per Att

8th in Int%

3rd in TD %

Was 4-12 Last Yr. currently 6-4.

I'd say he's playing pretty darn good and not getting any credit.

Currently:

4th in TDs

10th in Rating

4th in Yds per ATT

2nd Yards per Comp

4th Adj yds per Att

8th in Int%

3rd in TD %

Was 4-12 Last Yr. currently 6-4.

I'd say he's playing pretty darn good and not getting any credit.

Perhaps cause they have Doug Martin, Vincent jackson, and a new coach. Going from terrible to decent doesnt make you underrated.

Perhaps cause they have Doug Martin, Vincent jackson, and a new coach. Going from terrible to decent doesnt make you underrated.

Or his previous coach was awful, considering he did well the year before.

Vincent Jackson. The guy who's never had more than 1200yd or 9 TDs in a potent SD off? He's on track for 1400ish and 11...his first yr in a new system (along with Freeman).

Doug Martin has played great. Perhaps because Freeman is keeping def honest?

OFFENSE

QB -- Josh Freeman (Having an awesome year, with not many great targets)

RB -- Stevan Ridley (Big reason why the Pats O is the best in the league)

RB -- Mikel Leshoure (He's playing well and is showing that he has a lot of potential)

WR -- Randall Cobb (Quietly become the most reliable receiver on that team)

WR -- Danny Amendola (Has fantastic hands and is one of the best slotbacks in the league)

TE -- Heath Miller (Best blocking TE in the league and is showing he's a reliable target)

OT -- Jared Veldheer and Anthony Davis (Veldheer continues to be phenomenal and still no one knows him... I really didn't like Davis last year and thought he was bad, but he took many big strides this year)

OG -- Mike Iupati and Adam Levitre (Iupati is having an outstanding year and is a big reason why that running game is so good... Levitre is having a solid season blocking for Spiller)

C -- John Sullivan (Can match up against anyone and beat em... that's the guy you want)

DEFENSE

DE -- Brian Robison and Cameron Wake (Wake is a beast that always gets to the QB... Robison doesnt get credit b/c of Allen, but he's great at stopping the run, and he occasionally gets to the QB.)

DT -- Cory Redding and Geno Atkins (Redding is great in both pass and run situations... Atkins is the best DT in the league, but I almost didn't put him on due to his increase in popularity... honorable mention to Henry Melton)

OLB -- Aldon Smith and Justin Houston (I'll use 3-4 OLBs for now... Smith is quietly having an oustanding year for the Niners and is generating a lot of their pass rush... Houston has 7 sacks and is becoming a good that should be double teamed)

ILB -- Colin McCarthy/James Laurinaitis (TIE) (Heart and soul of the Titans D... He rarely misses tackles...Laurinaitis doesn't miss tackles either and is great in coverage)

CB -- Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner (Both play on the same team, and no one knows either... both are turning into top 10 CBs in this league, and form by far the best duo)

FS -- Jarius Byrd (Having the best season out of any free safety in the league, and still no one knows about him)

SS -- Kam Chancellor (Very physical and very tough... he makes plays and has great "downhill" speed)

K -- Matt Bryant (Makes from everywhere and is clutch)

P -- Brandon Fields/Patty Mac (TIE) (Fields is the better punter, but Patty Mac makes the key tackles; best tackling punter in the history of the game)

COACH

Head Coach -- Mike Smith (Sure, very obvious choice because he has the best record in the league, but tell me the last time someone spoke about him and praised him... doesn't get enough credit)

Offensive Coordinator -- Rick Dennison (Has one of the best RBs in the league in Foster, a solid QB in Schaub and one of the best O-lines in the league... and a big reason why is him)

Defensive Coordinator -- Vic Longio (No one ever talks about him, but he's quietly built the most intimidating D in the league in SF)