Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still Think The Texans Are Not For Real?

King Colt

Yeah Matt Schaub is an average QB and the Texans aere a fluke. Champions, yes, I said "champions" over come eveything in a championship season. Falling behind, missing a game winning field goal, throwing an overtime interception and STILL coming out on top!!?? There is someting brewing in Houston boys and girls and it smells like a...... "Bowl of Super". Manning and Brady start polishing your skills, you are going to need them, ALL of them.

Yeah Matt Schaub is an average QB and the Texans aere a fluke. Champions, yes, I said "champions" over come eveything in a championship season. Falling behind, missing a game winning field goal, throwing an overtime interception and STILL coming out on top!!?? There is someting brewing in Houston boys and girls and it smells like a...... "Bowl of Super". Manning and Brady start polishing your skills, you are going to need them, ALL of them.

That's a spin . Houston was awful Sunday....

That coming after the Colts embarrassed themselves by imitating a football team. Texans: 9 and 1..how awful is that?

But we're talking Houston and you know they gave up 458 yards to the Jags (1-9), right?

The Jags who average 16 points a game got 37?

Who are you trying to convince here?

They just better watch out at Detroit...

Am I suppose to be blown away that the Texans barely, and I mean just barely, beat the Jaguars?

Because I'm not lol.

527 yards by Matt Schaub, tying a record with Warren Moon, as well as a career day with Andre Johnson. The Colts lost to the Jaguars once this year, whereas the Texans swept them. Our 9-1 record doesn't hurt either, especially when we have beat Manning, Cutler, Ravens defense, among others. Detroit better be ready come Thanksgiving, because this team is hungry.

527 yards by Matt Schaub, tying a record with Warren Moon, as well as a career day with Andre Johnson. The Colts lost to the Jaguars once this year, whereas the Texans swept them. Our 9-1 record doesn't hurt either, especially when we have beat Manning, Cutler, Ravens defense, among others. Detroit better be ready come Thanksgiving, because this team is hungry.

Whoa whoa whoa friend ease on up lol.

I didn't say the Texans weren't an impressive team. When they are on 100% I would say they are the best one or two teams in football.

But pointing out this win doesn't make me believe in them more. If you want an impressive win I would point out the grueling Bears win. This game had Texan fans having strokes until the very end of the 4th quarter lmao

Whoa whoa whoa friend ease on up lol.

I didn't say the Texans weren't an impressive team. When they are on 100% I would say they are the best one or two teams in football.

But pointing out this win doesn't make me believe in them more. If you want an impressive win I would point out the grueling Bears win. This game had Texan fans having strokes until the very end of the 4th quarter lmao

Strokes and heart attacks, believe me. The numbers we gave up aren't impressive but the fact that they pulled it out made things so much better. Losing to the worst team in the NFL would have been a downer, that's for sure...Posluszny is a beast though, send that guy to the Pro Bowl...lol.

Strokes and heart attacks, believe me. The numbers we gave up aren't impressive but the fact that they pulled it out made things so much better. Losing to the worst team in the NFL would have been a downer, that's for sure...Posluszny is a beast though, send that guy to the Pro Bowl...lol.

Absolutely. Every win is a win no matter the score. They can't all be blow outs.

Absolutely. Every win is a win no matter the score. They can't all be blow outs.

Unfortunately. Sigh. :( At least Gronkowski may be out when we play the Patriots. Our inconsistent safety play won't have to be worried about as much when that game comes along, though I know Hernandez is a burner too.

Sounds like a big Houston fan needs some pats on the back for his team this Monday... :highfive2:

we're here for you..

Just like the Lions will be there for you Thursday.

The same Lions that have lost to the Titans, Vikings, and Bears? Cool. Can't wait to meet 'em.

Yeah they are good but.....ever since the Rodgers 6 TD game I have had doubts on this Houston D. And now after yesterday? Oh Lord.

Chad Henne had the best game coming off a bench (4 TD, 0 picks) since Steve Young. The great Texans D allowed Chad Henne to go into the same category as STEVE YOUNG.

And Matt Schaub ties a record with Warren Moon. Say what?

This is so sad.

Just like the Lions will be there for you Thursday.

I hope so too mark. Lions have had some awful luck on Thanksgiving in recent years.

But, I told a few people I know that I felt Lions/Packers might be the "last stand" for Detroit. You got an overrated Packers D missing Woodson AND Clay and you still don't win, at home. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know.....Rodgers. Rodgers with banged up receivers and now one of his OTs out for the year too.

Same Lions who got torched by Matt Flynn last year. And who were fortunate to get by even the Cowboys last year since the Boys were content with not running the football with a big lead and decided to keep passing for some reason and give the game away.

I think last years Lions were lucky.

But, at the same time yes I do hope they beat Houston! You know if Chad Henne on a crappy team can almost do it maybe Stafford can too!!!! ;) I just cannot mentally grasp that the Texans had to go deep into OT to find a way to beat the awful Jags who they gave up all those points too. It is just mind blowing at times to me. Sigh.

Do you think you can have that type of game against New England, Denver, or even Pittsburgh and wind up in the Super Bowl? Seriously. The exposing of Houstons' defense is becoming more popular in the film rooms of offensive coordinators. It's early to be talking about the super bowl brewing. Keep playing like that and that 9-1 record won't stay that way for long. I think the Falcons are going to find out the same thing.

A lot of doubters on here. If I'm not mistaken, reading the comments here, it's almost like we didn't win the game, no matter how many yards we gave up to Henne. Did the Texans game plan for him? No. Stuff happens. One off day doesn't mean the Texans are going to sink. It's okay. If we didn't prove anything against the Bears, then we will attempt to turn the remaining doubters into believers against the overrated Lions on Thursday.

Yeah they are good but.....ever since the Rodgers 6 TD game I have had doubts on this Houston D. And now after yesterday? Oh Lord.

Chad Henne had the best game coming off a bench (4 TD, 0 picks) since Steve Young. The great Texans D allowed Chad Henne to go into the same category as STEVE YOUNG.

And Matt Schaub ties a record with Warren Moon. Say what?

This is so sad.

It was a test game, and the Texans passed lol. I don't see anymore losses on the schedule, but then again, in this fluke of a season, anything can happen. Great teams find a way to win though. Just food for thought. ;)

It was a test game, and the Texans passed lol. I don't see anymore losses on the schedule, but then again, in this fluke of a season, anything can happen. Great teams find a way to win though. Just food for thought. ;)

A lot of doubters on here. If I'm not mistaken, reading the comments here, it's almost like we didn't win the game, no matter how many yards we gave up to Henne. Did the Texans game plan for him? No. Stuff happens. One off day doesn't mean the Texans are going to sink. It's okay. If we didn't prove anything against the Bears, then we will attempt to turn the remaining doubters into believers against the overrated Lions on Thursday.

Don't take it personally if some see cracks on the Texans at times. You say you don't see another loss on the schedule....good for you.

You know when I will be a true believer? If you guys win the Super Bowl. Since in Houston it is pretty much SB or bust right? I was a believer in Houston last year and this year it really is do it or else IMO. Or at least get there...

I am picky when it comes to the so called elite teams in football and expect a lot at times. It's not like the 2012 Colts when any win deserves cupcakes and balloons.

Don't take it personally if some see cracks on the Texans at times. You say you don't see another loss on the schedule....good for you.

You know when I will be a true believer? If you guys win the Super Bowl. Since in Houston it is pretty much SB or bust right? I was a believer in Houston last year and this year it really is do it or else IMO. Or at least get there...

I am picky when it comes to the so called elite teams in football and expect a lot at times. It's not like the 2012 Colts when any win deserves cupcakes and balloons.

The way the media constantly chooses the Broncos and Ravens as best in the AFC above the Texans, despite them both losing to us, every win is like a cupcake to us. I guess our horrid past is still lingering and the pundits and experts don't believe in us either yet. That's cool. I, of course, believe in them, but it's not just because I live in Houston. There is a different feel this year. I don't know what it is, but something is different. I'm not taking it personally, believe me, but just when I see other posters here saying that the NE game is a possible win, the Bills, Titans, and Lions penciled in as automatics for the Colts, I believe it's fair for me to say that I don't see any losses with my own team. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Who won the game?

Houston Won of course.Now just a little insight to that game,were they prepared for Jags,the answer is no,and heres why ,Texans have a short week,they prepared for 2 games in practice last week,They play the Lions in Detroit thursday.So let me ask anyone,who do you really spend the time on?NO BRAINER!Lions hands down,they werent expecting Jags to give them a game in Texas,so they over looked one small detail,Gabbard wasnt the qb and IMO Chad Henne was not only more experienced,but more capable,and to me a much better qb.My hats off to the Texans for still finding the way to win.I will gaurantee you will see a well prepared and far different team in the Silverdome Thursday afternoon! :thmup:

Houston Won of course.Now just a little insight to that game,were they prepared for Jags,the answer is no,and heres why ,Texans have a short week,they prepared for 2 games in practice last week,They play the Lions in Detroit thursday.So let me ask anyone,who do you really spend the time on?NO BRAINER!Lions hands down,they werent expecting Jags to give them a game in Texas,so they over looked one small detail,Gabbard wasnt the qb and IMO Chad Henne was not only more experienced,but more capable,and to me a much better qb.My hats off to the Texans for still finding the way to win.I will gaurantee you will see a well prepared and far different team in the Silverdome Thursday afternoon! :thmup:

Thank you brother, you make some valid points. I would hope the Texans nor any team for that matter would not overlook any team in this league no matter the record, but I suspect that this may have very well been the case this past Sunday hahaha. Couple that with the fact that we watched film of Blaine and not Henne and things were just a recipe for disaster. The Jaguars came to play, wanted to avoid a sweep, but couldn't. Preparation is key, my friend! Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving! :yahoo:

Thank you brother, you make some valid points. I would hope the Texans nor any team for that matter would not overlook any team in this league no matter the record, but I suspect that this may have very well been the case this past Sunday hahaha. Couple that with the fact that we watched film of Blaine and not Henne and things were just a recipe for disaster. The Jaguars came to play, wanted to avoid a sweep, but couldn't. Preparation is key, my friend! Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving! :yahoo:

Im outta those dreaded Likes :thmup: Bottom line there is not time this week to prepare they travel tomorrow,and today is recuperation day.they possibaly have a walk through tomorrow and leave wensday

Im outta those dreaded Likes :thmup: Bottom line there is not time this week to prepare they travel tomorrow,and today is recuperation day.they possibaly have a walk through tomorrow and leave wensday

Me as well. Thumbs up are better anyways hahaha. :thmup:

It wasn't a pretty game, but the Texans did pull out a W & Houston deserves credit for that. Winning ugly is more important than a flawless, precision offensive powerhouse, especially as the Playoffs inch ever closer.

Suh & that Motor City Cat D will be a good test for Matt Schaub. I'm not questioning his toughness at all just his 3rd down conversion rate and consistency, which he must improve down the stretch. He will IMO.

The Lions lost a narrow win to the Packers & Suh & that front 4 will bring the heat now. A great test for the Texans! I'm just glad Dallas isn't playing on turkey day. I'm so sick of Dallas...Who gives a bleep Jerry Jones? I sure don't.

It wasn't a pretty game, but the Texans did pull out a W & Houston deserves credit for that. Winning ugly is more important than a flawless, precision offensive powerhouse, especially as the Playoffs inch ever closer.

Suh & that Motor City Cat D will be a good test for Matt Schaub. I'm not questioning his toughness at all just his 3rd down conversion rate and consistency, which he must improve down the stretch. He will IMO.

The Lions lost a narrow win to the Packers & Suh & that front 4 will bring the heat now. A great test for the Texans! I'm just glad Dallas isn't playing on turkey day. I'm so sick of Dallas...Who gives a bleep Jerry Jones? I sure don't.

Cowboys and Lions are two teams that always play on Thanksgiving, the Cowboys will be playing Griffin and the Redskins this Thursday if I'm not mistaken.

Lol sorry to burst your bubble Brother but they play the Skins thursday :thmsup: you beat me to it QB

The mistake people in here make is looking at one game,The Texans are the best in the AFC but look out because if Denver remains healthy,they are closing the gap pretty quickly IMO

Yup, I might have to admit my 2nd mistake this season, #18 and the Broncos making a Playoffs run to the SB 1 year early. That Mile club is certainly exceeding my expectations. Again, another good test for Houston & that includes Von Miller, Champ Bailey, & that D which is playing lights out right now. Wow! Holy Crap Man! Denver is a legit SB contender right now. I'm blown away...

YES IT DOES!

Oh wait.. Glass houses..

Yup, I might have to admit my 2nd mistake this season, #18 and the Broncos making a Playoffs run to the SB 1 year early. That Mile club is certainly exceeding my expectations. Again, another good test for Houston & that includes Von Miller, Champ Bailey, & that D which is playing lights out right now. Wow! Holy Crap Man! Denver is a legit SB contender right now. I'm blown away...

Yes i feel some people are overlooking them,but the improvement over the season is vast IMO

Cowboys and Lions are two teams that always play on Thanksgiving, the Cowboys will be playing Griffin and the Redskins this Thursday if I'm not mistaken.
Lol sorry to burst your bubble Brother but they play the Skins thursday :thmsup: you beat me to it QB

haha Wrong again eh? Well, at least I'm consistent right? :lol: RG3 & co. do me a favor & crush the Cowboys 45 to 10 please. God, I wish the NFL would schedule a different teams besides the arrogant & pompous silver star boys for once like say the Texans vs the NE Patriots a precursor to the ACF Championship Game. I'd love to see that. :thmup: Man, I hate the Cowboys... :sigh:

The way the media constantly chooses the Broncos and Ravens as best in the AFC above the Texans, despite them both losing to us, every win is like a cupcake to us. I guess our horrid past is still lingering and the pundits and experts don't believe in us either yet. That's cool. I, of course, believe in them, but it's not just because I live in Houston. There is a different feel this year. I don't know what it is, but something is different. I'm not taking it personally, believe me, but just when I see other posters here saying that the NE game is a possible win, the Bills, Titans, and Lions penciled in as automatics for the Colts, I believe it's fair for me to say that I don't see any losses with my own team. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

I think that different feeling will go away once you change your underpants! HAH. Just kidding!

The Texans are a GOOD team this year, and even last. I expect them to win in the playoffs. I still believe the Colts get to the post season and up until that "not so good game" yesterday in New England I had pegged the Colts to win our division still as I felt it was in their control.

Big Colts fan here, but hats off to the Texans...and if they win I'll cheer for them! (not like some teams that start with an New England Patrio__....and San Diego Charg__...and a few others I won't mention ... )....