Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need just 3 wins out of the next 6 games

tfunky14

not sure why OP thinks the bills and titans are sure things. the colts have beat one good team this year...and the other wins were close games vs mediocre opponents that could have very easily gone the other way.

I don't think the Bills and Titans are sure things. With that said they would fit he mediocre opponents category. If the Colts are going to be a playoff team they need to be able to beat those teams. If they don't or can't then they probably wont be a playoff team. I would agree there is no such thing as a sure thing on the Colts schedule this year. Losing to the Jags at home proved that. With that said there are still games they SHOULD win and the Bills, Titans, and Chiefs fit that category.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can beat or lose to anyone IMO. As Luck said yesterday in an interview, "This team has a lot of heart and never gives up".

Anyway, I think (and hope) we snipe someone too. That someone would maybe be the overrated Lions or the Texans who just let Chad Henne be put in the same category as Steve Young (QB coming off bench to throw 4 TDs 0 picks).

The Lions could not even get by a Packers team missing Clay and Woodson on D. And who had banged up receivers and an OT out for the year now. At home.

Then you have Houston who we are supposed to cringe in fear over and crawl into the corner of the room in the fetal position over and start wheeping. Sure they might beat us but why can't we split with them?

As for Bills/Titans/Chiefs no I am not overlooking them either. One game at a time here though.

But, yeah I still believe we can beat anyone if we bring our A game and play till the last second.

Not bad for a rebuilding team this year.....not bad at all. Go Colts!!!

I don't think it's going to take 10 wins to get in this year in the AFC. If you look at the standings the Colts and Steelers have the best shot at10 wins. The Bengals are right behind at 5-5 but could only take one more loss to get to 10 wins. Then you have a bunch of teams with at 4-6. Those teams would have to win out to get to 10 wins. I don't see that happening. I don't see both the Steelers and Bengals getting to 10 wins when you factor in the Ravens are also in their division. So I think 9-7 probably gets one if not both wildcard teams in this year in the AFC.

And they also have a match against eachother

I hope they can get to 9 and make it. If they do, it will be a major achievement - rookie QB, weak defense, minus 50 scoring differential, minus 13 turnover ratio.

When I add it up, I'm not exactly sure how they are in position to do this.

I haven't had to watch a chance to watch the full game myself, but career highs for both Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson, the former tying a passing record in a single game with Warren Moon at 527, isn't exactly what I would call a fiasco. Schaub got the job done, with 17 consecutive completions to end the game, and they scored when they had to after being down 2 TDs in the 4th quarter. Every good team has their test game, and this was it for the Texans. Only the great ones can pull it out, and we did. I don't think any team in the AFC matches up well with the Texans by this point, with the exception of New England.

I thought the Jags matched up with you pretty well actually. So well that it finished level....twice. You won because you won a coin toss. The cracks are begining to show.

I think instead of looking at our remaining schedule we should also look at the teams in the race as well. Word is Leftwich is hurt pretty bad too. A steelers team down to its 3rd qb if Ben does not come back next sunday and they still have a game vs Balt and the bengals. I know the broncos still have to play the ravens and i think that may determine the 3 seed. (i don't see the Pats losing more than one the rest of the way) This Bills game is a must win in the whole playoff race.

The Lions even though they are 4-6 are an explosive team. and not bad on defense. its definitely a game we have to "steal".

I thought the Jags matched up with you pretty well actually. So well that it finished level....twice. You won because you won a coin toss. The cracks are begining to show.

Because we won a coin toss? Did you watch the game? I don't know what cracks you are speaking of, but no team is perfect. I actually think, in a strange way, this Jags game proved more positive than negative.

I think instead of looking at our remaining schedule we should also look at the teams in the race as well. Word is Leftwich is hurt pretty bad too.

Personally, Leftwich getting hurt is a bad thing, IMO, for non-Steelers fans. Just check the record of Charlie Batch filling in for Big Ben, he runs their offense as smoothly as Big Ben several times, is a better pocket passer and makes better reads. The Steelers actually got back into the race if Charlie Batch were to play QB and Polamalu comes back.

I hope they can get to 9 and make it. If they do, it will be a major achievement - rookie QB, weak defense, minus 50 scoring differential, minus 13 turnover ratio.

When I add it up, I'm not exactly sure how they are in position to do this.

^ ^ This. ^ ^ Our 3 blowout losses explain the -50 point differential. TO's is a mighty ?? And D is not consistent. Young team that sometimes makes rookie mistakes.

So yes. we can beat anybody. But we won't beat everybody. Can we beat enough?

I don't think it's going to take 10 wins to get in this year in the AFC. If you look at the standings the Colts and Steelers have the best shot at10 wins. The Bengals are right behind at 5-5 but could only take one more loss to get to 10 wins. Then you have a bunch of teams with at 4-6. Those teams would have to win out to get to 10 wins. I don't see that happening. I don't see both the Steelers and Bengals getting to 10 wins when you factor in the Ravens are also in their division. So I think 9-7 probably gets one if not both wildcard teams in this year in the AFC.

I agree with what your saying but 9 wins may be ifie It may take tie breakers to get in, 10 wins no question. Agian though the only gimmie game I see is maybe KC other than that EVERY OTHER GAME we are playing team either as good as the Colts or better, Honestly I think we will lose to Buff. & Det, Tenn wants to avenge ealrier lose, Houston will beat us badly & will do so the last game as well if they need the game. I see 1 to 2 wins honestly. Hoping for more but, I see TEnn & KC as those wins.

Personally, Leftwich getting hurt is a bad thing, IMO, for non-Steelers fans. Just check the record of Charlie Batch filling in for Big Ben, he runs their offense as smoothly as Big Ben several times, is a better pocket passer and makes better reads. The Steelers actually got back into the race if Charlie Batch were to play QB and Polamalu comes back.

I thought about this as well cause Batch has been a very good player coming in when need be. but they are so hurt all over the field it's tough to see them winning even with Ben coming back.

I don't think the Bills and Titans are sure things. With that said they would fit he mediocre opponents category. If the Colts are going to be a playoff team they need to be able to beat those teams. If they don't or can't then they probably wont be a playoff team. I would agree there is no such thing as a sure thing on the Colts schedule this year. Losing to the Jags at home proved that. With that said there are still games they SHOULD win and the Bills, Titans, and Chiefs fit that category.

I don''t think we should beat Buff, but I would like to. I expect us to drop that one.

There's a reason NE was favored by 10 1/2....

I'd like to play them again...and if we are the No. 6 seed and they are No. 3....that can happen....

New England and BB wants to grant your wish. Make no mistake, that game was a loud message to Luck and Arians about any future playoff matchup aspirations.

New England and BB wants to grant your wish. Make no mistake, that game was a loud message to Luck and Arians about any future playoff matchup aspirations.

Every game has its own complexion. I don't think we would beat the Patriots in the playoffs (I don't think we'd beat any of the top four in the AFC right now), but I don't think we'd get blown out again. I hope we wouldn't.

Every game has its own complexion. I don't think we would beat the Patriots in the playoffs (I don't think we'd beat any of the top four in the AFC right now), but I don't think we'd get blown out again. I hope we wouldn't.

But they did it once, and game planning for that style may be futile because he'll change up the whole gameplan scheme next time. It is what BB does. Confuse, then change. Puts doubt in the back of opponents minds.

But they did it once, and game planning for that style may be futile because he'll change up the whole gameplan scheme next time. It is what BB does. Confuse, then change. Puts doubt in the back of opponents minds.

There was nothing wrong with our gameplan. They were just better, particularly their passing offense (big surprise, right?) We made mistakes; they made plays. Those are the things that could easily be different in a rematch.

There was nothing wrong with our gameplan. They were just better, particularly their passing offense (big surprise, right?) We made mistakes; they made plays. Those are the things that could easily be different in a rematch.

They began to shutdown our run, and then made Luck throw a couple pick 6 by changing their scheme mid course. I don't think our talent or experience can match up with them yet. Especially in a playoff environment.

This was very true all you have to do is look at the start of the game. The Colts had a great game plan out of the gate. Then we gave up a punt return and a pick six with in a minute of each other and the Pats got rolling after that. Mistakes killed us.

Honestly if you look at the games this season the three games that we have been blown out in have a common theme to them vs. the other seven games we've kept close. The three we got blown out in we had to go away from the run which lead to more mistakes in the air by Luck which isn't shocking since he's a rookie QB. I really think in order for us to win this year we have to make sure our ground game is a factor going into the fourth quarter. Luck is not ready to carry this team on his shoulders yet like Peyton could (again shocking I know).

It wouldn't kill us either if we could give him a short field now and then either with some help from the special teams or defense getting turnovers. Honestly you can't expect a rookie QB to drive you 80 yards every time he touches the ball. The fact Luck has done it so often is amazing to me and shows just how good of a player he has the chance to be in this league. Frankly he's moves the ball on most drives they just end up bogging down some where between the 40's if they aren't scores. If we could make some of those drives short fields those drives will start to end in points rather than punts.

3-4 wins is possible but its not going to be easy at all.

The Bills have firepower and are about as up and down as you can get. Its really hard to predict what will happen in this one. Could be a shootout or a blowout.

The Lions are going to be hard for us to beat IMO. They still have a very talented offense and their defense has been better this year. That D-line against our O-line worries me.

The Titans already played us tough once and I think Locker makes them less predictable and tougher.

I dont see us beating Houston at all. If we do ill be a happy camper though.

We should beat the Chiefs but you never know...

If the Texans sew up the #1 seed then we should win the rematch.

Should be a fun ride the next month and half.

Looking at some of the post game media reaction is hilarious, Luck has gone from "Cast Iron ROTY" to being worse than Blaine. Sigh, take the turnovers away and we're talking a whole different game, he really does need to stop trying to force it in there. Best one for me said the Pats loss shows how big "frauds" the Colts are?! Ha.

On the bright side at least we're now being talked down for the play offs again, maybe we can slip back under the radar and surprise teams again, though I doubt it.

not sure why OP thinks the bills and titans are sure things. the colts have beat one good team this year...and the other wins were close games vs mediocre opponents that could have very easily gone the other way.

I never said the Bills and Titans are a sure thing just that they are winnable games.

I like this! I don't know what is with this stupid "out of likes" stuff. This isn't facebook. Why do we have to run out of likes? I don't get it! I guess if it was unlimited then it would reduce the number of quality threads I suppose.

People run out because they "like" every little thing they agree with. I only give one when something jumps out at me.

It would be huge if we got to the playoffs, it would be unprecedented.

The Texans games will be essential to us making the playoffs. If we could take 1 game against them, we make the playoffs. If we don't, we won't make the playoffs.

I say we beat the Bills, Titans, Chiefs, and the Texans at LOS. and we will be 10-6 and Grigs wins GM of the Year and Arians wins Coach of the year.

It would be huge if we got to the playoffs, it would be unprecedented.

The Texans games will be essential to us making the playoffs. If we could take 1 game against them, we make the playoffs. If we don't, we won't make the playoffs.

I say we beat the Bills, Titans, Chiefs, and the Texans at LOS. and we will be 10-6 and Grigs wins GM of the Year and Arians wins Coach of the year.

It would be huge but not unprecedented. The 2007 Miami Dolphins were 1-15 and made the playoffs the following year going 11-5 winning a tie breaker over the Brady-less Patriots.

I finally got chance to watch the Pats game properly after it being blacked out and being sent to godawful places for work. Obviously knowing the score beforehand gives a somewhat different viewing experience, it was quite strange to be sat that even quite late in the game going trying to work out where the blowout was going to come from. For large parts of the games we did match them on O and in small parts the run D was good.

I don't see as well why everyone is so down on Luck's performance, easy to say I know but take the picks away and it's a solid game.

If we played again maybe we don't win, but we certainly shouldn't get beat like that again.

Actually the more I think about it, if it wasn't by having a good Draft what the heck happened. Did they dump/bring in a whole slew of players or was it just down to poor coaching on the down season?

1. New coach - Sparano

2. New QB - Pennington

3. Easy schedule

4. Bill Parcells hired as Executive Vice President of Football Operations

5. Wildcat formation - they embarassed the Patriots week 3 in Foxboro