Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need just 3 wins out of the next 6 games

tfunky14

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three games? Says who?

The Chargers could win out and finish 10-6. If we only go 3-3 that puts us out of the playoffs at 9-7.

I see it your way .....Stryker...we're going to need 10-6. SD is still alive and Cincy is coming hard.

they jets could go 9-7 and they have the tiebreaker on us...

...we cant lose to Buffalo...they're still alive...obviously we must beat Tennessee....nobody loses to KC..and that Detroit game is a must....

We dont match up with Houston at all..

Really seeing SD winning games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore?

I think we are going to make it to the playoffs for sure. However in the case of San Diego I could see them beating Pittsburgh if Leftwich is the QB. Baltimore is beatable, and the've proven it. I think San Diego could win at least 1 out of the 2.

I see it your way .....Stryker...we're going to need 10-6. SD is still alive and Cincy is coming hard.

they jets could go 9-7 and they have the tiebreaker on us...

...we cant lose to Buffalo...they're still alive...obviously we must beat Tennessee....nobody loses to KC..and that Detroit game is a must....

We dont match up with Houston at all..

It's just hard for me to accept we don't match up with Houston after watching that Jacksonville fiasco yesterday. I just can't accept it at all.

It's just hard for me to accept we don't match up with Houston after watching that Jacksonville fiasco yesterday. I just can't accept it at all.

You gotta accept it.....we have real problems on the corners....obviously....and our run defense wont stand up against that offensive blocking for of theirs.

But we can be 9-5 before we see them...and we need to be

You gotta accept it.....we have real problems on the corners....obviously....and our run defense wont stand up against that offensive blocking for of theirs.

But we can be 9-5 before we see them...and we need to be

To you be your way, and to me be mine. We can beat them. I had doubts against New England, but Houston I see a real chance.

The Steelers could easily drop out of the race with the injury to Big Ben. We're sitting Pretty right now. The only question now is does the TEAM want the Playoffs. We could all sit here & type about the Playoffs but if the Colts don't play like they want the Post-Season, it won't matter

We're still in pole position but I think we can't take anything for granted in any of our remaining games. The scoreline somewhat flattered NE in someways I thought but still I think our shortcomings were exploited and exposed ruthlessly by them. Which is to be expected considering the coach we were up against, what will define how our season finishes out is what we learn from games like this.

Luck seems to be a 2 step forwards 1 back kinda guy this season, there's still plenty there I've seen that excites me and I don't think he's been helped by drops, but we really need to look after the ball. If that means throwing away and taking the punt so be it.

Don't get me wrong, still a very happy little Colt with the season we're having, but as it's often said it's a what have you done lately for me league which seems to apply doubly to the fan base sometimes!

Let's all think back to where we were when we last played NE..... now look back at where we are now.... and back once again to Curtis et al..... and now to Andrew. Feel better? :)

To you be your way, and to me be mine. We can beat them. I had doubts against New England, but Houston I see a real chance.

We CAN beat them..especially getting 2 chances.....but like NE, they can attack us where we are weak....

NE put serious heat on Luck..Houston's rush is better than NE...

Matt Forte and MJD ran hard on us.....Houston's O-line is much better than the Bears...Foster will, too......That's the kinda thing I'm talking about

There are three teams coming up we do match up fairly well with....we dont play Houston for 4 weeks....

We're still in pole position but I think we can't take anything for granted in any of our remaining games. The scoreline somewhat flattered NE in someways I thought but still I think our shortcomings were exploited and exposed ruthlessly by them. Which is to be expected considering the coach we were up against, what will define how our season finishes out is what we learn from games like this.

Luck seems to be a 2 step forwards 1 back kinda guy this season, there's still plenty there I've seen that excites me and I don't think he's been helped by drops, but we really need to look after the ball. If that means throwing away and taking the punt so be it.

Don't get me wrong, still a very happy little Colt with the season we're having, but as it's often said it's a what have you done lately for me league which seems to apply doubly to the fan base sometimes!

Let's all think back to where we were when we last played NE..... now look back at where we are now.... and back once again to Curtis et al..... and now to Andrew. Feel better? :)

There's a reason NE was favored by 10 1/2....

I'd like to play them again...and if we are the No. 6 seed and they are No. 3....that can happen....

There's a reason NE was favored by 10 1/2....

I'd like to play them again...and if we are the No. 6 seed and they are No. 3....that can happen....

I've not seen the full game yet due to the blackout, but the highlights I've seen seem to indicate we did a fair bit of shooting ourselves in the foot. In terms of yards on Offense I think we near enough matched them, but our pass rush and secondary just wasn't there. Throw in 4 turnovers and you end up with that sort of scoreline.

I would be happy to play them again with at least Davis back, and with the Gronk out, would be an interesting re-run.

Speaking of being favored though, I'm sure the Texans were by 15 pre-game......

that pick when he overthrew reggie made me sick. come on, put a little more zip on the ball.

Andrew didn't play terrible, but he didn't play "good" either. seriously mediocre, and I put at least 2 of the picks on him and not the receivers.

The one int was annoying. I think he was throwing to Reggie, and a Patriots defender tipped it and it ricocheted into the arms of another Patriots defender. Everything went NE way yesterday.

I haven't had to watch a chance to watch the full game myself, but career highs for both Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson, the former tying a passing record in a single game with Warren Moon at 527, isn't exactly what I would call a fiasco. Schaub got the job done, with 17 consecutive completions to end the game, and they scored when they had to after being down 2 TDs in the 4th quarter. Every good team has their test game, and this was it for the Texans. Only the great ones can pull it out, and we did. I don't think any team in the AFC matches up well with the Texans by this point, with the exception of New England.

winning 3 more games this year will seriously be hard. 9-7 is gonna be extremely difficult. some of you think it will be a breeze, time to come back down to earth.

QFT.

We need to win our home games. If we can't take the Texan's game (very difficult), we have to steal one in KC, a very nasty place for visiting teams. I don't think we match up to Lions on the road at all. Their front line is a force and Stafford/Megatron can pass all over our exposed and crappy DB's in their house. Making playoffs will be hard, and doing something in them (should we get there) will be even harder.

I'm pretty happy with our results as it stands. But even if we don't win too many more , I just to see folks learning their jobs and getting better. Not continued blowouts on the road to out of division teams.

After the beat down we received yesterday, why would anyone want to face the Patriots again in the playoffs? If we somehow limp into the playoffs and play the Patriots again, why would the outcome be any different? Our personnel is not going change between now and then. Why pick a fight with a bully? If we make the playoffs, I would hope we would play a team that we would have a better chance of beating.

After the beat down we received yesterday, why would anyone want to face the Patriots again in the playoffs? If we somehow limp into the playoffs and play the Patriots again, why would the outcome be any different? Our personnel is not going change between now and then. Why pick a fight with a bully? If we make the playoffs, I would hope we would play a team that we would have a better chance of beating.

Revenge is a dish best served prepared. Enough said lol.

I haven't had to watch a chance to watch the full game myself, but career highs for both Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson, the former tying a passing record in a single game with Warren Moon at 527, isn't exactly what I would call a fiasco. Schaub got the job done, with 17 consecutive completions to end the game, and they scored when they had to after being down 2 TDs in the 4th quarter. Every good team has their test game, and this was it for the Texans. Only the great ones can pull it out, and we did. I don't think any team in the AFC matches up well with the Texans by this point, with the exception of New England.

Turn it around, and give me the defensive stats. We expect for Shaub to do that against Jacksonville, and especially in a game that was about 4 minutes away from being a tie. Just by virtue of the game being longer than normal it makes room for higher than usual stats. Defensively speaking that game was a fiasco Qwiz Boy. There is no way in the world Jacksonville should have put up that many points against your defense. I'm not going to go so far as to say Houston has a sorry defense, but I will say that if you are not committing turnovers against them you have a pretty good shot.

Offensively speaking it was not a fiasco outside of Schaub throwing 2 picks. Your team did what they normally do. If that were our team in that game, and we are not turning the ball over in similar fashion as Jacksonville then I feel we would win a game like that because we would have pushed the ball down the field and scored. Jacksonville was unable to because they had to come out of all of those max protect passing sets they were in.

Turn it around, and give me the defensive stats. We expect for Shaub to do that against Jacksonville, and especially in a game that was about 4 minutes away from being a tie. Just by virtue of the game being longer than normal it makes room for higher than usual stats. Defensively speaking that game was a fiasco Qwiz Boy. There is no way in the world Jacksonville should have put up that many points against your defense. I'm not going to go so far as to say Houston has a sorry defense, but I will say that if you are not committing turnovers against them you have a pretty good shot.

Offensively speaking it was not a fiasco outside of Schaub throwing 2 picks. Your team did what they normally do. If that were our team in that game, and we are not turning the ball over in similar fashion as Jacksonville then I feel we would win a game like that because we would have pushed the ball down the field and scored. Jacksonville was unable to because they had to come out of all of those max protect passing sets they were in.

Gabbert and 12 have both been sacked 22 times. We have knocked several QBs out of games this year due to either poor protection or squeezing the ball, both of which could be a very possible problem for 12 when he faces this Wade Phillips defense. I do believe that if our safeties had another off day then 12 could very well burn us down the field for a few, but other than that, this defense will be something he has never seen before. Factor in Watt and DB blitzes and things could possibly get out of hand. That's not even counting Foster, Daniels, and Johnson into the equation on offense.

Gabbert and 12 have both been sacked 22 times. We have knocked several QBs out of games this year due to either poor protection or squeezing the ball, both of which could be a very possible problem for 12 when he faces this Wade Phillips defense. I do believe that if our safeties had another off day then 12 could very well burn us down the field for a few, but other than that, this defense will be something he has never seen before. Factor in Watt and DB blitzes and things could possibly get out of hand. That's not even counting Foster, Daniels, and Johnson into the equation on offense.

You have a good rush but I've seen it be negated the past couple of games in one way or another. Watt has made some plays as usual, but it's taken a while. He hasn't been running around totally taking the game over. If a team sticks with their running game, Jacksonville showed yesterday that the Texans can be ran on. Even in the Bears game Michael Bush made some pretty nice runs, but he fumbled the ball due to the conditions. I think if we can be balanced offensively, we can deal with what Phillips is bringing. If we are not balanced, then I think we will have some of the issues you speak of.

Once Luck escapes the rush, he will make the right read but the question is will he throw it too late or sail the ball causing an interception. In my opinion, I don't really think he throws them due to pressure. I think he throws into coverage if he sees Reggie Wayne at times even if it's not open, or he makes the right read, but he throws the ball the wrong way or too late.

In my mind going against you guys offense I don't see as many mismatches in the WR group as was the case against NE, other than Andre Johnson. It's all going to depend on who we have healthy on Dec. 16. Our run defense has gotten better, and although we got blown out against NE I can't say the run defense was the problem. They held up pretty good except for maybe down near the goal line. The big key to me is how much pressure can we keep on Schaub. Others may disagree, but I think we'll do ok against Foster.

You have a good rush but I've seen it be negated the past couple of games in one way or another. Watt has made some plays as usual, but it's taken a while. He hasn't been running around totally taking the game over. If a team sticks with their running game, Jacksonville showed yesterday that the Texans can be ran on. Even in the Bears game Michael Bush made some pretty nice runs, but he fumbled the ball due to the conditions. I think if we can be balanced offensively, we can deal with what Phillips is bringing. If we are not balanced, then I think we will have some of the issues you speak of.

Once Luck escapes the rush, he will make the right read but the question is will he throw it too late or sail the ball causing an interception. In my opinion, I don't really think he throws them due to pressure. I think he throws into coverage if he sees Reggie Wayne at times even if it's not open, or he makes the right read, but he throws the ball the wrong way or too late.

In my mind going against you guys offense I don't see as many mismatches in the WR group as was the case against NE, other than Andre Johnson. It's all going to depend on who we have healthy on Dec. 16. Our run defense has gotten better, and although we got blown out against NE I can't say the run defense was the problem. They held up pretty good except for maybe down near the goal line. The big key to me is how much pressure can we keep on Schaub. Others may disagree, but I think we'll do ok against Foster.

True, and expect Wayne to see a bit of double coverage, especially if KJ is the one opposite him on certain plays. Health is a key component here, definitely agree on that one. Getting pressure on Schaub will be directly tied to stopping Foster, if you guys can do that, then there is a chance you can possibly get into his head. Foster will be a factor in the receiving game too, with fake handoffs leading to screens behind the line of scrimmage, and if not covered well enough, he has the burst to pick up first downs in a hurry. Again, this all boils down to who we have healthy when these two teams meet. At this point, the Texans are still elite on both sides of the ball, even after giving up so much yardage to Henne hahaha.

True, and expect Wayne to see a bit of double coverage, especially if KJ is the one opposite him on certain plays. Health is a key component here, definitely agree on that one. Getting pressure on Schaub will be directly tied to stopping Foster, if you guys can do that, then there is a chance you can possibly get into his head. Foster will be a factor in the receiving game too, with fake handoffs leading to screens behind the line of scrimmage, and if not covered well enough, he has the burst to pick up first downs in a hurry. Again, this all boils down to who we have healthy when these two teams meet. At this point, the Texans are still elite on both sides of the ball, even after giving up so much yardage to Henne hahaha.

We'll see on Dec 16th. I've already got my tickets!

Gonna have to be "sick" for work, but I will get mine as well in due time. :D

Sorry to go off topic, but I'd like to point something out to you that we argued/discuss about a week or 2 ago. You stated the Colts couldn't beat the Texans IN Indy, that there was no way. You almost lost to the Jags IN Houston.

Like I said a week or 2 ago this is the NFL, anything can happen. Not going to comment on this again (don't want to steer the topic), but I just felt it's right to prove that your point was ridiculous at the time and is even more ridiculous now.

Sorry to go off topic, but I'd like to point something out to you that we argued/discuss about a week or 2 ago. You stated the Colts couldn't beat the Texans IN Indy, that there was no way. You almost lost to the Jags IN Houston.

Like I said a week or 2 ago this is the NFL, anything can happen. Not going to comment on this again (don't want to steer the topic), but I just felt it's right to prove that your point was ridiculous at the time and is even more ridiculous now.

It'll be even more ridiculous if we actually lose in Indy. I sure hope not, though. :goodluck:

Gonna have to be "sick" for work, but I will get mine as well in due time. :D

I like this! I don't know what is with this stupid "out of likes" stuff. This isn't facebook. Why do we have to run out of likes? I don't get it! I guess if it was unlimited then it would reduce the number of quality threads I suppose.

I like this! I don't know what is with this stupid "out of likes" stuff. This isn't facebook. Why do we have to run out of likes? I don't get it! I guess if it was unlimited then it would reduce the number of quality threads I suppose.

Lol I just ran out too sir. Only so many likes to go around. I know what I want for Christmas this year...haha

I think we can sneak in with 3 wins but 4 will get us in. Starts this Sunday we can get one Vs. Buffalo. that Lions game will be tough. The titans game will be tough but i think we win at home (plus the fact i will be there) we are 5-1 at games i attend. and the Chiefs game and i am not sure we get either vs the Texans we just don't match up well Vs them. so hopefully they play their starters very little in the final game. but we will see right now. it's about Buffalo

Three wins is very doable when you look at what's left.

Bills at home: Colts have done a very good job in bounce back games this season. They have yet to lose back-to-back games this season and the Colts have played very well at home. They are a blown assignment away from being undefeated at home this season.

Lions on the road: This Lions team is not playing well this year. Make no mistake this would be a hard get on the road and could quickly turn into the Pats game again but if the Colts play well the Colts could win this game.

Titans at home: Again the Colts play well at home and have already beat this team on the road this year. This is a game they should win and if they are going to be a playoff team have to win.

Texans on the road: Easily the hardest game on our schedule and that includes the road trip to New England. This game will be hard to win as the Texans could easily be looking to lock up the division title. We've seen two straight blow outs in Houston so it would be nice if the Colts hang with them but I am not expecting it yet.

Chiefs on the road: Yes it's a road game but this is much like the road trip to Jacksonville. If you are going to the playoffs you have to be able to win games like this on the road.

Texans at home: Playoffs might come down to this one and if the Texans rest the Colts might go in easily. If the Texans don't rest make no mistake this team would love to win for the first time in Indianapolis. It would probably be in the Colts best interest to have the playoffs in hand before this game but at the sametime this is the reported return date goal for Pagano. If he's back the Colts might very well ride an emotional wave.

Three wins is very doable when you look at what's left.

Bills at home: Colts have done a very good job in bounce back games this season. They have yet to lose back-to-back games this season and the Colts have played very well at home. They are a blown assignment away from being undefeated at home this season.

Lions on the road: This Lions team is not playing well this year. Make no mistake this would be a hard get on the road and could quickly turn into the Pats game again but if the Colts play well the Colts could win this game.

Titans at home: Again the Colts play well at home and have already beat this team on the road this year. This is a game they should win and if they are going to be a playoff team have to win.

Texans on the road: Easily the hardest game on our schedule and that includes the road trip to New England. This game will be hard to win as the Texans could easily be looking to lock up the division title. We've seen two straight blow outs in Houston so it would be nice if the Colts hang with them but I am not expecting it yet.

Chiefs on the road: Yes it's a road game but this is much like the road trip to Jacksonville. If you are going to the playoffs you have to be able to win games like this on the road.

Texans at home: Playoffs might come down to this one and if the Texans rest the Colts might go in easily. If the Texans don't rest make no mistake this team would love to win for the first time in Indianapolis. It would probably be in the Colts best interest to have the playoffs in hand before this game but at the sametime this is the reported return date goal for Pagano. If he's back the Colts might very well ride an emotional wave.

I'll be disappointed if we don't win at least three of these. I think five is doable. I'm hoping for four.

I think we willl need 4 to be asured we are in, & honestly it ain't happening. I see maybe 2 wins more with the remaining schedule. We have already beaten my expectations this year.

I don't think it's going to take 10 wins to get in this year in the AFC. If you look at the standings the Colts and Steelers have the best shot at10 wins. The Bengals are right behind at 5-5 but could only take one more loss to get to 10 wins. Then you have a bunch of teams with at 4-6. Those teams would have to win out to get to 10 wins. I don't see that happening. I don't see both the Steelers and Bengals getting to 10 wins when you factor in the Ravens are also in their division. So I think 9-7 probably gets one if not both wildcard teams in this year in the AFC.

I'll be disappointed if we don't win at least three of these. I think five is doable. I'm hoping for four.

I agree five of them you can look at and go you know the Colts could win those but I don't think they are going to win every game they can. I honestly look at this and go you know three of these games they should win (Bills, Titans, and Chiefs). Then I look at the Lions game as a toss up depending on how both teams play that day. It could go any of three ways. Colts blow out (Lions sometimes just don't show up too), Lions blow out (we all know the Colts can go away at times) or a game down to the wire. Then the last Texans game just depends on factors we just don't know yet.