Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Pats game is a great learning experience

superrep1967

This game hurts us Colts fans at least the real ones. It also hurts the players to lose. But guess what this was a great learning experience for the team and I believe there is great benefit to lose a game like this.I believe games likes this is a wake-up call for a young team like ours. I believe next week we will play one our best games against the Bills at home and we will still be on our way to the playoffs. Today's game we made a lot of mistakes. Those mistakes are easily fixable and Luck always comes back better then ever. So I not worried about this team. The Pats have the best offense in the league and there defense made some great plays in the second half.

I know some of you so called Colts fans. Who thought the Colts would suck this year are gloating right now. Because you got it in your head that they still suck won't be doing so by the time this season is over.This is a good team not great team yet but good. Because they lost big today doesn't mean they now suck.The game just went the wrong way for them. I would like to hear from true Colts fans and what there thoughts are.

Give Brady time and he will carve any defense up, its thats simple and he has done it to some of the best in the league. Hated to see our young Colts having to endure such a loss myself. Its hard to find any good out of a loss like that but it just feels different than last years blowout to the Saints. The Colts still had a chance at halftime and just didnt execute in the 2nd half. IMO, they needed a guage like this and obviously there is still alot of work to be done. Just keep digging! GO COLTS!

Give Brady time and he will carve any defense up, its thats simple and he has done it to some of the best in the league. Hated to see our young Colts having to endure such a loss myself. Its hard to find any good out of a loss like that but it just feels different than last years blowout to the Saints. The Colts still had a chance at halftime and just didnt execute in the 2nd half. IMO, they needed a guage like this and obviously there is still alot of work to be done. Just keep digging! GO COLTS!

he wont do it this year if hernandez dont come back. especially now that Gronk is prob gonna be out for awhile with a broken forearm. see i told myself when the pats kept throwing with like 5 min to go, they keep doing that someone big to their offense will get hurt and gronk breaks his arm. Bill should have started using his second stringers instead got greedy and look what it got him.

I think everything went wrong with that pick6 and punt-return TD right after that. We lost the pace of the game at that point, and game turned horrible, but until then it was OK. D wasn't able to put any pressure on Brady, so had time to pick us apart.Pats D worked out an excellent coverage, Luck had hardly a few "clear" targets.

It must be hard to deal the team such blow-out loss, still I hope they can make the best use of it, and learn how to hold on. World hasn't ended, we aren't doomed. We still have a great season. such games are un-avoidable for a young rebuilding team.

I'm dead-tired, game ended Monday 1:30 AM CET...I hope I won't fall asleep at my desk.

I'm not worried !!! Yes to lose a game like this hurts, but like others have said, I feel it will be a big learning experience for our young team !!! We weren't expected to win this game, altho secretly I was hoping we would LOL. But, hopefully it will show everyone what they need to work on and where we need to improve. I for one am excited at where our team is this far into the season. No one expected us to have 6 wins and to be looking to get into the playoffs as a wild card. So we need to keep our heads up and look forward to next week's game and look to improve on what went wrong today. With that said, GOOOOOOOOOO Colts !!!!!!!!!!!! :colts:

Classic snowball game. It happens. Turnovers and special teams mistakes will do it.

Yeah, stuff happens. We've rarely made such big mistakes, but those were accumulated yesterday. Back to work. I think picks can be rather contributed to good Pats' coverage, than to Luck's rookie mistakes. At times he practically didn't have any targets to throw to.

Edited by Coltssouth
masked cursing

Back to work.

I would approach the Bills game a little differently. It may very well turn into a shootout, but I wouldn't enter the game in the same gunslinger, helter skelter mode. Attempt to play in a little more controlled manner. Take the temperature of the game first and see what happens.

Love the Colts, very happy they have 6 wins, and 6 more games to play.

Not happy with generating the least amount of fumbles/interceptions in the league. Not happy allowing our opponents to score 50 more points than we have scored. Not happy with road game performance (especially out of division).

Very happy with many things including our development. Hopeful for the future.

This game hurts us Colts fans at least the real ones. It also hurts the players to lose. But guess what this was a great learning experience for the team and I believe there is great benefit to lose a game like this.I believe games likes this is a wake-up call for a young team like ours. I believe next week we will play one our best games against the Bills at home and we will still be on our way to the playoffs. Today's game we made a lot of mistakes. Those mistakes are easily fixable and Luck always comes back better then ever. So I not worried about this team. The Pats have the best offense in the league and there defense made some great plays in the second half.

I know some of you so called Colts fans. Who thought the Colts would suck this year are gloating right now. Because you got it in your head that they still suck won't be doing so by the time this season is over.This is a good team not great team yet but good. Because they lost big today doesn't mean they now suck.The game just went the wrong way for them. I would like to hear from true Colts fans and what there thoughts are.

Those are the Manning fans.... True Colt fans are geeked at the possibility of .....................................................

PLAYOFFS.... . WHOSE TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS......

hehe.... words are so true tho... you can't give the ball away.

If I recall, many folks were looking at Peyton rookie season and hoping Luck could match, the fact we dumped players and changed D schemes withput players that fit, and had so many Rooks that 5-6 wins would be a big plus. Granted there were quite a few that also predicted better, but it was going against most all evidence. And then there are some that drink the Blue Kool-Aid no matter what. We could trade our starters for the Chiefs 3rd stringers and they would believe we have a real shot at the SuperBowl. :)

Fans feel different ways for various reasons, or even non-reasons. But one thing is in common, we are fans and support a Victory performance any time, any game. And react to losses differently, but all of us hoping for better next game.

If I recall, many folks were looking at Peyton rookie season and hoping Luck could match, the fact we dumped players and changed D schemes withput players that fit, and had so many Rooks that 5-6 wins would be a big plus. Granted there were quite a few that also predicted better, but it was going against most all evidence. And then there are some that drink the Blue Kool-Aid no matter what. We could trade our starters for the Chiefs 3rd stringers and they would believe we have a real shot at the SuperBowl. :)

Fans feel different ways for various reasons, or even non-reasons. But one thing is in common, we are fans and support a Victory performance any time, any game. And react to losses differently, but all of us hoping for better next game.

I'll buy that

Okay but next time....can we learn stuff without giving up 59 points and getting beat by 5 TDs...??

Who really cares about the margin of victory? That stuff is only valid on College.

The two defensive touchdowns we gave up were demoralizing. I would have been pessimistic as a young player as well. It was pretty clear the Defense gave up after the Offense gave up all those points.