Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broken forearm for Gronkowski [Merge]

HarassedOffTheSite

And still NE seems to get more of a pass for it then the Saints ever did it seems......

Interesting...

I am not really sure what you are all talking about, to be honest . . . when STs and the D get 21 points, and on 4th possession return the ball for 49 yards to the Indy 39 with 7 and half mins to play in the 4th . . . with 39 yards of real estate between the LOS and the end zone and 7 and half minutes to play what is a team supposed to do? The only significant starters we had in were Brady and Welker . . . and even then the drive took nearly 4 mins and they were only 39 yards from paydirt . . .

on the 3 scores on ST and D, you gonna ask Edelman to run out bounds on his punt return for TD, or ask the two DBs to run out of bounds and not try to get a pick 6? . . . and on the last drive you gotta ask Edelman to not run it back or run of bounds . . . how did he know he was going to gain 49 yards . . .

I never gave them a pass, is that what you are suggesting? Or are you sticking up for Bogie because he is a Luck lover?

The Pats have always run up the score, starting with their 2007 identity, most evident when Belichick ran it on Gregg Williams when he was DC with the Redskins 52-7 in 2007 and then Gregg Williams was happy to return it in blitzes and hits to Brady in their MNF shellacking in the 2009 Pats-Saints game in NO due to which Belichick sat Brady for the last 5 minutes.

Some come here (mostly Pats fans) and say that it is the job of the D to stop the scoring. Saints fans say the same thing as well. But both of them - Belichick and Sean Payton can be ruthless when it comes to stat mongering late into games, IMO.

maybe if they actually ran up the score anymore than another team in the NFL you won't have to give them a pass . . . the reason why you don't give a pass is the fact that it is the pats and not based in any reality with respect of them running up the score that any other team . . . pick near any week you find a team in the NFL with a insurmountable lead with more than just their starting QB in and one starting WR . . . the problem you have and more than a few colts fans on this board is, contrary to what some think, the pats dont get a pass, and that they are under the spot light more than any other team and it gets annorying at times to be honest . . .

just last week the Ravens were a ton and ran a fake FG and got a TD, some talked about it, but mind you if it was the pats we would of heard of it all week . . .

maybe if they actually ran up the score anymore than another team in the NFL you won't have to give them a pass . . . the reason why you don't give a pass is the fact that it is the pats and not based in any reality with respect of them running up the score that any other team . . . pick near any week you find a team in the NFL with a insurmountable lead with more than just their starting QB in and one starting WR . . . the problem you have and more than a few colts fans on this board is, contrary to what some think, the pats dont get a pass, and that they are under the spot light more than any other team and it gets annorying at times to be honest . . .

just last week the Ravens were a ton and ran a fake FG and got a TD, some talked about it, but mind you if it was the pats we would of heard of it all week . . .

it would have been talked about because the pats have been know for it....you can deny it all you want but it's true. and it's not about what starters are in...it's about throwing the ball when you're up 50. most teams in that spot are just content to run the ball and let the clock run down. again, it's not that big of dea, but to constantly deny it....is well, annoying.

I never gave them a pass, is that what you are suggesting? Or are you sticking up for Bogie because he is a Luck lover?

The Pats have always run up the score, starting with their 2007 identity, most evident when Belichick ran it on Gregg Williams when he was DC with the Redskins 52-7 in 2007 and then Gregg Williams was happy to return it in blitzes and hits to Brady in their MNF shellacking in the 2009 Pats-Saints game in NO due to which Belichick sat Brady for the last 5 minutes.

Some come here (mostly Pats fans) and say that it is the job of the D to stop the scoring. Saints fans say the same thing as well. But both of them - Belichick and Sean Payton can be ruthless when it comes to stat mongering late into games, IMO.

the Colts did similar things back in '04 and earlier. I didn't have a problem with it then, and I don't have a problem with it now.

What exactly are paid professional athletes supposed to do, particularly considering that they are in the entertainment business?

Lay down?

Stop playing?

Not try to improve?

Pure idiocy. There is no such thing as running up the score in the NFL. I find it so hypocritical that Colt fans NEVER complained about running up the score when the Colts blew the doors off teams like the Jaguars, Texans, et al. back in the early 2000's, but now? "Oh, it's classless to run up the score!"

Edited by Nadine
shot at the fan base

Too bad you and he don't understand that Gronk was, in fact, out of the game (i.e., he wasn't playing during the offensive possession), but was in as part of the normal FG team.

In any event, End result is the same. Sorry he broke his arm, I would never wish bodily harm to anyone, or celebrate the fact of his misfortune. Emotions, and tempers, get a little out of hand on here, particularly after such a game as yesterday's.

From Peter King:

"Coaches have 45 active players each game. They don't have a "second team'' of the point-after-try unit. The PAT is one of the most risk-free plays in football. Rodney Harrison, the former Patriots safety now in the NBC studio with me on Sunday nights, didn't get taken off the kickoff team in routs. And Tony Dungy, who coached the Colts and Bucs, told me: "Jeff Saturday was my right guard on the PAT team, and I'd never think of taking him off. All my years in football, I never heard anyone, never heard Chuck Noll saying, 'Well, we better get Jack Ham off the PAT team.' It's not something I'd question."

Read More: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz2Cg4WuEdC

it would have been talked about because the pats have been know for it....you can deny it all you want but it's true. and it's not about what starters are in...it's about throwing the ball when you're up 50. most teams in that spot are just content to run the ball and let the clock run down. again, it's not that big of dea, but to constantly deny it....is well, annoying.

They are only "known" for it because everybody makes a point to bring it up . . .on just about any given Sunday you will find one, two or even three games in which one team was up big late in the game, well specifically up with a lead which can not be over come given the score and the time and you wil see the team with the starters in the game . . . just last week we had the Ravens game and the Tenn.Mia game with the Tenn starters in the game late in the 3rd qtr up by 31 points . . .so it happens all the time and with a team like NE it will likely happen more often than the Tenn teams . . . most teams may only one or most two a season, in which they have their starters in for a "extra" possession . . . so the pats may have one two or three in a given season which their starters in are in for that one "extra" possession does not mean they are "running up the score" anymore than those other teams . . .

2 + 2 = 4, and if the 2s are in a pats uniform is equals 4 just as much as the 2s are in a ttian uniform, but some try to make 2+2=6 in a pats uniform and 2+2=3 in titans unifor but that is incorrect. . .

I did think that playing the starters on tha last drive was one past the time the game was out of reach, but I feel equally about the ravens and tenn starters in the two last week . . . the problem is that i can see things consistanly while others change the stds depending on the teams involved . .

as for running/passing, their ratio is not different than any other team . . . and also what is more important, on those "extra" possessions the pats are not running a 4 min offe or 2 min offense, but holding on to the ball for as much time as possible to shorten the game . . .

They are only "known" for it because everybody makes a point to bring it up . . .on just about any given Sunday you will find one, two or even three games in which one team was up big late in the game, well specifically up with a lead which can not be over come given the score and the time and you wil see the team with the starters in the game . . . just last week we had the Ravens game and the Tenn.Mia game with the Tenn starters in the game late in the 3rd qtr up by 31 points . . .so it happens all the time and with a team like NE it will likely happen more often than the Tenn teams . . . most teams may only one or most two a season, in which they have their starters in for a "extra" possession . . . so the pats may have one two or three in a given season which their starters in are in for that one "extra" possession does not mean they are "running up the score" anymore than those other teams . . .

2 + 2 = 4, and if the 2s are in a pats uniform is equals 4 just as much as the 2s are in a ttian uniform, but some try to make 2+2=6 in a pats uniform and 2+2=3 in titans unifor but that is incorrect. . .

I did think that playing the starters on tha last drive was one past the time the game was out of reach, but I feel equally about the ravens and tenn starters in the two last week . . . the problem is that i can see things consistanly while others change the stds depending on the teams involved . .

as for running/passing, their ratio is not different than any other team . . . and also what is more important, on those "extra" possessions the pats are not running a 4 min offe or 2 min offense, but holding on to the ball for as much time as possible to shorten the game . . .

christ..i'm not going to read your long winded reply about something so insignificant..

2004:

Colts 49, Texans 14.

Colts 51, Titans 24.

2003:

Colts 55, Saints 21.

Colts 38, Falcons 7.

Colts 41, Broncos 10

Yeah, oddly I don't recall Colt fans complaining back then. Hypocrisy.

not every blowout is running up the score. and for u to imply it's the same is intellectually dishonest. heck, even jaws said the patriots run it up some times...and rattled off several games....having said that he didn't have a problem with it.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 20, 2012 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, November 20, 2012 - quoting removed post

If it's insignificant, why do you and other Colt fans hypocritically harp on it?

You and your cohorts need to go away. There is nothing of value coming from this thread just more bickering that has ruined what should be a good time.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 20, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, November 20, 2012 - personal argument

You and your cohorts need to go away. There is nothing of value coming from this thread just more bickering that has ruined what should be a good time.

Yeah, Heaven forbid that there are people in the NFL Forum section, disagreeing with facts.

Otherwise, it would be a bunch of Colt fans celebrating an injury. Classy.

Yeah, Heaven forbid that there are people in the NFL Forum section, disagreeing with facts.

Otherwise, it would be a bunch of Colt fans celebrating an injury. Classy.

Say what? It is kind of hard to disagree with a fact. You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension skills while you are here on the internets. No one on here has been celebrating this, or any other injury... and if they have they are fools.

I'm out of here.

Say what? It is kind of hard to disagree with a fact. You might want to brush up on your reading comprehension while you are here on the internets... and with this I'm out of here.

I meant "disagreeing via/using facts". There was a reason why Gronk was out there. As Dungy said, PAT teams are set, there is no substituting of players on specific squads like that.

I meant "disagreeing via/using facts". There was a reason why Gronk was out there. As Dungy said, PAT teams are set, there is no substituting of players on specific squads like that.

Gronk sounds like a horrible disease someone can catch. Secondly, I'm not even arguing this point... This one much like the "We broke his arm" thread which I didn't see until now need to go because there is a whole lot of derp going on. I was reported because you and/or one of your cohorts takes offense to the slightest thing. Then you come in and act silly.

Gronk sounds like a horrible disease someone can catch. Secondly, I'm not even arguing this point... This one much like the "We broke his arm" thread which I didn't see until now need to go because there is a whole lot of derp going on. I was reported because you and/or one of your cohorts takes offense to the slightest thing. Then you come in and act silly.

No, you were reported for blatantly violating the rules of the forum. Just as I wouldn't be disrespectful and move the "l" and "o" of the word "Colts" to make an offensive use of your team's name.

No, you were reported for blatantly violating the rules of the forum. Just as I wouldn't be disrespectful and move the "l" and "o" of the word "Colts" to make an offensive use of your team's name.

O_0 You need to get your panties out of the wad they are in, man. After posting a status that I was leaving they deleted that too. There is no point in hanging around this forum any longer. Thanksgiving is coming up... I have a lot to be thankful for including the time spent out here before all the nonsense took over.

These threads are really quite amusing..... if you can just take them for what they are, and not get too bent out of shape for what others feel the need to post.

Let the "gloaters" gloat, while they can.

:topic: Back on topic, It really is unfortunate that Gronk broke his arm and even more unfortunate that the same 'ol discussions keep resurfacing.

Fact is: Pats won. It's not the end of the line for us. Move forward. Stay Coltstrong.

If it's insignificant, why do you and other Colt fans hypocritically harp on it?

i'm not harping on it...i said i didn't really care, but it's just kinda dooshy.

that is fine by me, no problem, but the bottom line in all of this is that the Pats do not do anything different than other team who is similiarly situated . . .

sorry, that prob came off as kinda rude...i just tend to ignore all long posts on this board. but to say they don't do it differently is just wrong. most of the guys who came on espn radio just called it the patriot way...but they didn't have a real problem with it....in fact kurt warner just said it again.

look, it's not that big of deal, and i don't think it's a situation where BB goes "i really wanna embarrass the cotls", but it just doesn't show much respect imo....because in the end you're embarrassing the opponent whether that was your intention or not.

sorry, that prob came off as kinda rude...i just tend to ignore all long posts on this board. but to say they don't do it differently is just wrong. most of the guys who came on espn radio just called it the patriot way...but they didn't have a real problem with it....in fact kurt warner just said it again.

look, it's not that big of deal, and i don't think it's a situation where BB goes "i really wanna embarrass the cotls", but it just doesn't show much respect imo....because in the end you're embarrassing the opponent whether that was your intention or not.

No,BB has nothing on his mind regarding embarrasment. To the contrary you can embarass a team by letting up. He is obsessed with playing 60 minutes however regardless of the score.

As a side note Patriots get the running up the score comments because..well they have scored a lot with a potent offense the last few years.

Kinda hard running it up when you can't score:)

No,BB has nothing on his mind regarding embarrasment. To the contrary you can embarass a team by letting up. He is obsessed with playing 60 minutes however regardless of the score.

As a side note Patriots get the running up the score comments because..well they have scored a lot with a potent offense the last few years.

Kinda hard running it up when you can't score:)

oh please...teams let up all the time in blowouts. and i clearly stated BB wasnt attempting to embarrass

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/ne/new-england-patriots

NFL.com's Albert Breer expects Rob Gronkowski (broken left forearm) to push for a Week 14 return.

The Patriots have a critical two-game swing with the Texans and 49ers beginning in Week 14, but that would have Gronk missing just two games despite being given a 4-8 week timetable. It's doubtful he'll be ready for Houston, but if he is, it means he'd be a go for the fantasy playoffs. We would say a clearer idea of Gronk's timeline should emerge in the coming days, but then again, we're talking about the Patriots. What we do know is that Gronk can be safely ruled out for Thanksgiving.

According to the Boston Globe, Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is expected to return on Thanksgiving night against the Jets.

Per reliable beat reporter Greg Bedard, the Patriots held Hernandez out of Sunday's win over the Colts only because the recovery time (soreness, swelling) likely would have been too short with a Thursday night game next on the slate. Hernandez has practiced in "limited" fashion the past two weeks, so he's appeared close to playing. On Thanksgiving, the Pats could use Michael Hoomanawanui or Daniel Fells at Rob Gronkowski's (broken forearm) "Y" tight end position. Visanthe Shiancoe is Hernandez's backup at the "F" tight end spot.

As a lifelong Pats fan, I spent more than 20 years watching the Patriots try to impersonate a professional football team before the current era of Brady-Belichick. You guys know where I'm coming from there. So I'm sorry if it seems cold but no apologies for the scoreboard. These guys are professionals. Easing up on an opponent is, IMO, worse and more insulting than playing it through to the end. I know if I was getting beaten badly at anything, I wouldn't want someone's sympathy about it. And these guys all made hundreds of thousands of dollars to take a beating the other day. Don't feel too bad for 'em, they'll be OK.

If people are not used to New England keeping their collective foot on the gas pedal in these types of games, you haven't been paying attention for the last five years or so. It's what they do, like it or not.

Interesting, though, that the criticism all but disappeared once someone posted Dungy's quote supporting Belichick's decision to not replace Gronk on the PAT team. Kind of goes to show how logic is usually overridden by emotion.

As a lifelong Pats fan, I spent more than 20 years watching the Patriots try to impersonate a professional football team before the current era of Brady-Belichick. You guys know where I'm coming from there. So I'm sorry if it seems cold but no apologies for the scoreboard. These guys are professionals. Easing up on an opponent is, IMO, worse and more insulting than playing it through to the end. I know if I was getting beaten badly at anything, I wouldn't want someone's sympathy about it. And these guys all made hundreds of thousands of dollars to take a beating the other day. Don't feel too bad for 'em, they'll be OK.

If people are not used to New England keeping their collective foot on the gas pedal in these types of games, you haven't been paying attention for the last five years or so. It's what they do, like it or not.

Interesting, though, that the criticism all but disappeared once someone posted Dungy's quote supporting Belichick's decision to not replace Gronk on the PAT team. Kind of goes to show how logic is usually overridden by emotion.

exactly...that's what the patriots do. my problem was people saying every team plays that way...when that is clearly not the case.

exactly...that's what the patriots do. my problem was people saying every team plays that way...when that is clearly not the case.

I would agree that the Patriots do it more consistently than any other team... really no denying that. I don't have a problem with it though, I guess is what I'm saying. You could pay me the veteran minimum and I'd gladly take a weekly butt-whooping. :D

Did anyone have a problem when the Bronco's were up by 28 with 5 minutes to play and Peyton was in the shotgun throwing?

How come Luck was still in the game? He could have been hurt.

Players get hurt in practice all the time...maybe the best players shouldn't practice?

Should we stop keeping score and give everyone a trophy at the end of the season?