Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broken forearm for Gronkowski [Merge]

HarassedOffTheSite

i always hated bruschi the most...not sure why, but i couldn't stand that guy.

I disliked him a lot too. But Vrabel always seemed more chippy.

The Manning to Harrison touchdown which took an amazing throw and an amazing catch where Harrison hops up and spikes it and the ball bounces off Vrabel's grill is easily among my favorite individual plays ever. With the spike off the facemask being the cherry on top.

Yea, I hope it happened in garbage time. They always run up the score. The bad part is Brady and Bellicek won't be there when the Pats go down hill in a couple years and they get a taste of their own medicine.

I saw a report that it happened on their final extra point attempt.

With the turnovers & special team lapses it would have been hard for them not to score 50+points unless they just take a knee...Which would have been even more embarassing.

Gronk is a complete >....sorry if that is offensive, but it's true. I read more than a few magazine articles (ESPN for one) and drew my own conclusions about how big of a lunkhead this guy is....Good thing he's good at playing football. Because there ain't much room for more upstairs. He is stereotypical "me like football" guy...

That said, I am sure he's a good dude, even if not so bright. I know he has a big charity for underprivileged youth, so that counts for something. If the injury occurred in garbage time, then that is all on Belichick. Karma, AGAIN (Welker in 2009, SB losses, etc.) for being a classless *.

He's a goof, but overall, harmless. However, I didn't like him standing over Bethea and talking to him after that one catch. Of course, he could have been telling him, "man, your pass coverage sucks," which of course would be true..... ;)

for what its worth it happened on the PAT on that last TD . . .and during that drive the only signficant starters that we had in the game were Brady and Welker, we had our 3th adn 4th TE in and our #3 RB . . . we could not use our #4 RB as he is presently suspended . . .

alas, Gronk is our outside blocker on a PAT and seeing that i can not remember in over 40 years of watching football an injury on a PAT, things can happened and happen at any time . . . first play or last play not much one can do about it . . .

one can argue should key starters play on ST which i would agree with, but that is a separate issue from resting starters . . .

he's only out 4 weeks and the pats are in a easy division.

Yeah I heard 4 to 6 weeks. And I swear Hernandez almost played vs. us. it seems for several days based on practice reports, I don't even want to think about him and Gronk at the same time today and what they could have done. :facepalm:

And still NE seems to get more of a pass for it then the Saints ever did it seems......

Interesting...

I never gave them a pass, is that what you are suggesting? Or are you sticking up for Bogie because he is a Luck lover?

The Pats have always run up the score, starting with their 2007 identity, most evident when Belichick ran it on Gregg Williams when he was DC with the Redskins 52-7 in 2007 and then Gregg Williams was happy to return it in blitzes and hits to Brady in their MNF shellacking in the 2009 Pats-Saints game in NO due to which Belichick sat Brady for the last 5 minutes.

Some come here (mostly Pats fans) and say that it is the job of the D to stop the scoring. Saints fans say the same thing as well. But both of them - Belichick and Sean Payton can be ruthless when it comes to stat mongering late into games, IMO.

I never gave them a pass, is that what you are suggesting? Or are you sticking up for Bogie because he is a Luck lover?

The Pats have always run up the score, starting with their 2007 identity, most evident when Belichick ran it on Gregg Williams when he was DC with the Redskins 52-7 in 2007 and then Gregg Williams was happy to return it in blitzes and hits to Brady in their MNF shellacking in the 2009 Pats-Saints game in NO due to which Belichick sat Brady for the last 5 minutes.

Some come here (mostly Pats fans) and say that it is the job of the D to stop the scoring. Saints fans say the same thing as well. But both of them - Belichick and Sean Payton can be ruthless when it comes to stat mongering late into games, IMO.

No, it's just an observation to me over time based on reactions to the teams. I was not singling you out.

As for being a Luck lover...I know he likes him but believe me, he is not on Jules level of love for the young lad. :thmup:

No, it's just an observation to me over time based on reactions to the teams. I was not singling you out.

As for being a Luck lover...I know he likes him but believe me, he is not on Jules level of love for the young lad. :thmup:

We have probably gotten de-sensitized to the Pats running up the score, it seems like, around here. :)

Loss to the Saints in the SB is more recent, so probably the Saints are more front and center on people's minds, especially with the bounty and Brees breaking Marino's record and all. That is what I chalk it up to.

It also goes to show us how Belichick felt about Luck and Arians' offense, a big play offense, so a 4 TD lead was something he felt was necessary with the way Arians lets Luck wing it. However, with Orlovsky last year, he really took the foot off the gas in quarter 4 and people here thought Orlovsky cutting the score close was some testament to something in the Colts offense or Mr. O, LOL :)

Sure it belongs here. It happened in the Colts game.

And, more to the point, it happened late in the 4th quarter on a meaningless extra point.... what was Gronk doing in the game, anyway...?

SPEAKING OF WHICH....

What the Heck was Andrew Luck doing in the game in the 4th quarter? We were getting killed. Whatever benefits could've been gained by playing and getting his brains beat in, would have been nothing compared to a possible injury he could have suffered.

In short, very little upside, and a HUGE downside!

What was Arians thinking? And I don't care if he asked Luck if he wanted to stay in and Luck said 'yes'.... of course Andrew would say yes.... he wouldn't say anything else.... Stanton should have been put in...

That's when the Head Coach needs to be the Head Coach and make the right decision for the good of the team. We've got a legit shot at the playoffs and if Luck had been injured in the 4th quarter Colt's Nation would have been in full meltdown mode and with darn good reason.

The play calling was poor today. And Luck was a flat-out Rookie who got schooled today by The Master. He'll learn.

But if he had been hurt in the 4th quarter, that could've ended our 'feel good' season we're having....

We got lucky that nothing bad happened.... other then getting killed on National TV.....

There's a day to forget.....