Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big loss might be a good thing for Colts

ThorstenDenmark

I know New England out played the Colts tonight, but it might be a wake-up call for the colts, which can fuel them heading into next weeks game against the Bills.

I think the whole team know that they can play much better than today, which they will prove next week where they will smash the Bills and redeem themselves.

Go colts

I can't think of any scenario for any sport where a whipping like that could be a good thing.

do you think maybe the Jets, in 2010, had the 45-3 MNF spanking in their minds when they came to Foxboro in Jan and did what ever they could to win the game and did? . . . was the only factor no, but I am sure it was modivation . . .

also too . . .if there is a flaw or perhaps overconfidence, other issue, a big loss can at times, cause some to take a step back and reflect on the team, players, coaches, scheming, etc., which could prove beneficial later on as it might not be exposed, or seen, with a closer "we coulda beat them" loss . . .

I liked the improvements in our running game.

Horrible production from the qb position tonight, which is disappointing.

That's probably the wrong way to put it. 80 yards and no TDs = horrible production. He was highly productive, but just made a few inopportune rookie throws.

Luck will be fine. He went up against a master mind tonight and got schooled some. He'll learn, adjust and move on. Not worried about him. I am however very concerned by our defense or the lack thereof. Down right embarassing to be undressed on national tv like that. We have a lot of work to do on that side of the ball before we can be taken seriously. Pats actually showed mercy to us at the end of the game which is unlike them. They could of put up 60+ if they wanted to.

The run game in the first qtr was great. Then they shut it down. Being bale to run when you're down 17-44 doesn't count

Agreed. I'm not suggesting it would have made a difference, but up 14-7, and running well to that point, the Colts go three and out on three incomplete passes, punt, return TD. Ok... it happens. Next possession? Brown gains 9 on first down. Second down? Intercepted, returned for TD. And so it begins.... Oh, and the Colts ran the ball only one other time for the rest of the entire first half after that 14 point swing - Ballard on the made FG drive. Every other play was a pass.

I think Arians is so enamored with Luck, so sure he is ahead of the curve, a vet already, that he simply can't resist using his new toy. Even when given the chance - with overwhelming evidence, like the 50 yards rushing in the first quarter - he can't stop having Luck throw. I love me some Luck as much as the next guy, but what the Colts are asking him to do this season, the number of throws, the number of hits... I'd like to see a little more balance. Especially on the road.