Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still saying the same thing Win or Lose

Surge89

This is a good team and Luck is a good possibly a great QB in the near future, but Arians is quite possibly the worst play caller/game manager/head coach I have ever watched at any level of football. When you depend on your QB to out will or outskill if you will the other teams you will only beat trash teams. Well coached teams will put it to you.

On that note I love the effort of our team and the will to not quit. We started out great and looked like a team that belonged but the young ones were shaken by mistakes. The Redding injury really hurt the D and it didn't help that the offense was inept due to a coach who cant understand he needs to help his ROOKIE QB with better play calling when the game is changing.

We were in stride at the beginning of the game and Belichek adjusted to press with rushers and what did we do? Tell every receiver to run the most time consuming route they know like nothing changed. So bad... the playcalling is just soo bad and the game management seems to be getting worse. Adjustments are rare we just keep doing what we do and expect Luck to just pull out of his "ahem".

All in all I'm completely excited for the future under the condition that we get a new playcaller.

I disagree, we put 24 Points up, and had 4 Turnovers you can't expect a team to score more then 60 Points to win,

if i remember correctly Pats got 28 points or so on those TO.

its a young team with a medicore defense, give it time.

What exactly do you disagree with? We did put 24 points up... but that is usually not enough to beat Brady number one, and number 2 4 turnovers should blantly tell you we need to help our rookie QB since hey he is apparently throwing picks... Better playcalling changes games and running the ball and/or 3 step drops to take advantage of the one on one press or drop off pressue could have potentially changed the game to where luck only throws one pick and the patriots have to adjust again meaning we can go back to our big play scoring offense which had all of the momentum in the first half...

I disagree with you statement that Arians in a bad OC, changing plays wont make the players better then they are, that said he could make some better play calls some of the time, but you can't put this on Arians, yes maybe some of the play call would mean a interception less, and maybe Hilton would jump for it with another coach, but we can't run the ball very well, we still got a rookie QB and receivers fumbling ball, and dropping passes.

We still don't have a oline that gives luck time on every play.

Hes 5-2 give him a break.

24-17 at halftime and New England`s O had only put up 10 points of that. The deep throws were there for Luck and company, just missed by inches. Disagree on the play calling, just didnt execute

I comepletely agree on the non execute early but when the game was still competitive our O stalled because of defensive adjustments and the game snowballed. The plays were no longer there late in the second and third and in consequence our d was repeatedly on the field. To top it off the d made stops and we would do nothing with those stops. The opportunity was there that other teams have not had and we didn't capitalize.

I disagree with you statement that Arians in a bad OC, changing plays wont make the players better then they are, that said he could make some better play calls some of the time, but you can't put this on Arians, yes maybe some of the play call would mean a interception less, and maybe Hilton would jump for it with another coach, but we can't run the ball very well, we still got a rookie QB and receivers fumbling ball, and dropping passes.

We still don't have a oline that gives luck time on every play.

Hes 5-2 give him a break.

The issue is we were running the ball well... And yes execution was an issue but that is a given with a young team. The problem is it quickly changed from execution to there was no longer even a chance for plays to happen and luck had to force.... There's only so much the kid can do and when he has a less than stellar game it is part of the coaches job to help him win the game whether it be put it in the backs hands or simplify the gameplay or adjust accordingly. Forcing deep shots and time consuming routes when there is no time gets you interceptions which... I think we had plenty of today.

arians doesn't deserve any of the blame he doesn't call the defensive plays. greg manusky should be blamed for calling man coverage defense the entire game when we don't have the cb's to run it. brady ran crossing routes the entire game which is the best way to beat man coverage and he made it look easy. we need vontae,sign rodgers-cromartie,and draft a pass rusher if were ever gonna beat a team like the patriots.

arians doesn't deserve any of the blame he doesn't call the defensive plays. greg manusky should be blamed for calling man coverage defense the entire game when we don't have the cb's to run it. brady ran crossing routes the entire game which is the best way to beat man coverage and he made it look easy. we need vontae,sign rodgers-cromartie,and draft a pass rusher if were ever gonna beat a team like the patriots.

Ok so you just proved my point... Luck against zone/delay safety overage was scoring and in momentum. Then they run press and we still do the same thing instead of throwing said crossing routes or 3 step routes... No matter what the D did our offense GAVE them 30 points... The d cant stop a pick six nor can it stop good opponent field position... I understand that our defense is not the steelers from the 70s but in all honesty they did give us chances... who couldve guess they put Brady on a 3 n out at his own 7 yard line or stop them right after a horrid turnover... Defensively we didn't do great but we did half decent... the play calling on the other hand did not help the offense nor the defense.

Also remember Redding got hurt late and imo and i think most would agree he is a pivotal part of this defense. If your key player is out on D I would think hey lets give them a break and drive and score wouldn't you? If your down 14 you dont throw 80 yard balls out of panic... and we were only down 14 for a good portion of a quarter yet we still went 3 n out repeatedly forcing that long ball...