IndyTrav

Andy Reid

Norv Turner

Jason Garret

Romeo Crennel

Chan Gailey

Rex Ryan

Ron Rivera

Lots of available seats coming up in the next year or so......

Rex will not be fired - Tannenbaum will be the fall guy for this season and if they have any sense they'd fire Sporano and the QB coach Matt Cavanaugh too - Cavanaugh who's groomed successful QBs like Eric Kramer, Elvis Grbac, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Blake, Kyle Boller and Anthony Wright

I think Ron Rivera's made enough progress on the D (which was ranked dead last the year he took over) to keep him around, but it's clear he is in the Rex Ryan category of offensive ignorance so Chudzinski will probably get fired

Garrett will probably keep his job because Jerry Jones probably won't want to admit he made a mistake

The rest I agree with, although I wouldn't be surprised if Gailey kept his job, even though he deserves to be fired.

Predict Reid ends up in Cleveland because of all the familar faces there ..Brad Childress, Joe Banner and ties to Holmgren, Shurmur etc. and the fact current offense is already a West Coast offense

Rex Ryan will be the next DC for the Eagles with Bill Cowher as the head coach. Back in Pennsylvania for Big Chin!!! :)

Just making a wild guess. :)

Or since Cowher has Carolina connections, he might end up with the Panthers. He loves to run the ball and they have the RBs to run it!!!

Sometimes I feel Philly will never rid themselves of Ried. They should have after he totally gave that Super Bowl to the Patriots with his poor clock management. Even last year, I thought he should have been fired. The whole Micheal Vick experience has been a joke for that team.

I feel bad for Jason Garrett. I think he could be a real success. Last year, take away the missed FG against the Cardinals and the Romo chokefest against Detroit and they would be 10-6. It's not even his fault. He turned that offense around with a back up QB after Phillips was fired, then last year he was OK, and Jerry decides to bring in a new offensive coordinator. Dallas will forever be losers as long as Jerry Jones is running the team. It's not really Garrett's fault, he's doing the best with what he has despite all the stupid decision making Jerry Jones does.

As for Chan Gailey, they need to fire the ENTIRE Buffalo staff.

Norv Turner as a replacement to Marty Schottenhiemer has been laughable. If AJ Smith fired Marty for losing in the playoffs, he should have fired Norv last year for not even making the playoffs. The Chargers are a joke anyway. The farm team for the NFL, everyone becomes big names after they leave there. We're still saying thank you down here in the bayou for giving us a future HoF quarterback in Brees, and a great weapon with Sproles. I say if you fire Norv, you need to get rid of AJ as well or else nothing will change.

Andy Reid

Norv Turner

Jason Garret

Romeo Crennel

Chan Gailey

Rex Ryan

Ron Rivera

I could agree with all of these except for Rivera. I'd be surprised to see Rivera or Chudzinski fired. If there was one other I think still has a chance to keep his job it'd probably be Gailey...unless somehow the Jets win-out then Rex might be able to keep his job, though I think that's unlikely.

I thought Rivera would be a good head coach and I still think he can be. He just needs Cam to step up and be a leader instead of pouting all the time. Their biggest problems are on the offensive side of the ball. The defense is going to take a while to build up since they had to start with the worst defense in the league and build it up. But the offense shouldn't be sputtering like it is.

Andy Reid "nah nah nah hey hey goodbye"

Norv Turner: "nah nah nah hey hey goodbye" AJ Smith needs to be fired too.

Jason Garret: Very short leash IMO.

Romeo Crennel: "nah nah nah hey hey goodbye"

Chan Gailey: "Sit down & stay awhile."

Rex Ryan: Very short leash IMO.

Ron Rivera: "Sit down & stay awhile."

As for Chan Gailey, they need to fire the ENTIRE Buffalo staff.

I don't know about this 1 Bogie. Buffalo has been awful since Marv Levy & QB Jim Kelly left IMO. Chan Gailey & his staff almost beat the Patriots at home last week. I wouldn't Chan Gailey myself. Don't keep firing coaching staffs & turn the Bills into the Oakland Raiders into musical chairs under Al Davis when he was still alive please. Coach Gailey is leading these men admirably into battle every week unlike Andy Reid in Philadelphia who has completely lost control of that locker room.

I don't know about this 1 Bogie. Buffalo has been awful since Marv Levy & QB Jim Kelly left IMO. Chan Gailey & his staff almost beat the Patriots at home last week. I wouldn't Chan Gailey myself. Don't keep firing coaching staffs & turn the Bills into the Oakland Raiders into musical chairs under Al Davis when he was still alive please. Coach Gailey is leading these men admirably into battle every week unlike Andy Reid in Philadelphia who has completely lost control of that locker room.

I agree. I've always liked Gailey. He always gets the most out of his offenses. Remember when he had Tyler Thigpen looking like a legit QB for half a season when he was the OC in Kansas City? I mean, think about it... he's turned Ryan Fitzpatrick into a starting caliber QB and has made the most of the pieces he has on offense in Buffalo. The defense has not improved like you think it would, acquiring a guy like Mario Williams, but I see the D coordinator gettting fired before they give Gailey the boot.

If they do fire Gailey, he'd be on my short list for possible replacements for Arians if he decides to pursue head coaching elsewhere. He'd actually be a huge upgrade over Arians, in my opinion

I agree. I've always liked Gailey. He always gets the most out of his offenses. Remember when he had Tyler Thigpen looking like a legit QB for half a season when he was the OC in Kansas City? I mean, think about it... he's turned Ryan Fitzpatrick into a starting caliber QB and has made the most of the pieces he has on offense in Buffalo. The defense has not improved like you think it would, acquiring a guy like Mario Williams, but I see the D coordinator gettting fired before they give Gailey the boot.

If they do fire Gailey, he'd be on my short list for possible replacements for Arians if he decides to pursue head coaching elsewhere. He'd actually be a huge upgrade over Arians, in my opinion

Chan Gailey has always believed in a strong running game & I have always respected him because of it. Call me a dinosaur if you want to, but if you forced me to choose, I'd prefer a prolific ground game to a prolific ariel attack any day of the week. That's just how I am wired I guess...slow, steady, & methodical. I will steal my opponent's will inch by inch and down by down. I'm not flashy just aggressive in my approach & reliable.

Chan Gailey has always believed in a strong running game & I have always respected him because of it. Call me a dinosaur if you want to, but if you forced me to choose, I'd prefer a prolific ground game to a prolific ariel attack any day of the week. That's just how I am wired I guess...slow, steady, & methodical. I will steal my opponent's will inch by inch and down by down. I'm not flashy just aggressive in my approach & reliable.

I do agree that , at his core, he prefers establishing the ground game first. However, what I like about him is, he's not only balanced, but he fits his offense to the personnel he has around him. He is knowledgeable in many types of offenses and uses elements of them with every team he's coached. He's run the triple-option, the college spread, pro spread, the pistol, power O, etc. You name it, he's probably run it before. You could make him the coordinator of any number of teams right now and he could probably adapt a scheme around that roster and maximize their productivity.

Predict Reid ends up in Cleveland because of all the familar faces there ..Brad Childress, Joe Banner and ties to Holmgren, Shurmur etc. and the fact current offense is already a West Coast offense

Holmgren is out after this season - and who knows what the staff will look like underneath him or even if they remain a west coast team considering that type of offense wasn't really Weeden's strength coming out. He's gotten better though and that will be a factor when they decide which direction to go. New owner though and a new president/GM could mean some pretty big changes.

There are also rumors floating around linking Holmgren to Dallas if Garrett goes, but I don't put much weight in them at this time.

I know there are some teams looking at Rivera and Crennel as DCs making the assumption they are let go.

Holmgren is out after this season - and who knows what the staff will look like underneath him or even if they remain a west coast team considering that type of offense wasn't really Weeden's strength coming out. He's gotten better though and that will be a factor when they decide which direction to go. New owner though and a new president/GM could mean some pretty big changes.

There are also rumors floating around linking Holmgren to Dallas if Garrett goes, but I don't put much weight in them at this time.

I know there are some teams looking at Rivera and Crennel as DCs making the assumption they are let go.

I wonder why Mike Holmgren is leaving his FO President position at Cleveland myself. He actually was making great decisions in Ohio and beginning to turn that team around and make them relevant again. Why, if the rumors are true would Holmgren return to coaching again? Is he just flat out retiring & stepping away from football completely?

Both Rivera and Crennel are top notch DCs...I'd grap either 1 of them up in a heartbeat. Right now, I'd favor Rivera if you backed me into a corner and said pick 1 immediately.

Although, if Rex Ryan was fired this season, just like his famous overload blitz package, I am applying pressure ASAP to get him to land in INDY as our next aggressive QB tormentor/DC hands down.

I wonder which team has a *historically bad* pass defense that might be interested... :hmm:

I wonder why Mike Holmgren is leaving his FO President position at Cleveland myself. He actually was making great decisions in Ohio and beginning to turn that team around and make them relevant again. Why, if the rumors are true would Holmgren return to coaching again? Is he just flat out retiring & stepping away from football completely?

He's not leaving voluntarily. The new owner effectively gave him the boot when he took control.

He's not leaving voluntarily. The new owner effectively gave him the boot when he took control.

I wonder if Mike Holmgren will land in some management capacity where ever Andy Reid lands...New city, new team and all since Holmgren gave Reid his 1st real NFL coaching experience etc. etc.

I wonder if Mike Holmgren will land in some management capacity where ever Andy Reid lands...New city, new team and all since Holmgren gave Reid his 1st real NFL coaching experience etc. etc.

I don't know if Holmgren will be so in demand as a management figure. I wouldn't completely rule out Reid still winding up with the Browns because of Banner, though.

I don't know if Holmgren will be so in demand as a management figure. I wouldn't completely rule out Reid still winding up with the Browns because of Banner, though.

Your probably right RGIII, but with Andy Reid's 1 SB appearance and multiple NFC Championship appearances to his credit; Andy is certainly in a position to lay down some heavy demands. I don't know if those demands would get Holmgren a FO executive job though.

I don't see Andy in Cleveland at all...More like San Diego with Phillip Rivers...Remember, Andy loves to throw and Phillip Rivers is not a huge reclamation project either IMO. A lot of nice pieces on that roster.

I just pictured Andy in a tie dyed, tropical shirt and it scared the crap out of me and small children too. HA! HA! Sorry about that one Andy. Frightening...isn't it? It sent a chill down my spine man.

Andy Reid -- Yup. And everyone knows it.

Norv Turner -- Yup, at least two years late, and they should never have hired him.

Jason Garret -- I don't think so, especially not if the Cowboys find a way to make the playoffs. They're one game back right now, and I think they have a path to win another four or five games. Of course, they could stall out again, in which case Garrett probably does go. Not that it would matter; the GM is the real problem.

Romeo Crennel -- Likely gone. Along with the GM.

Chan Gailey -- He'll probably be gone as well. They spent too much money to not have any success on the field. They'll probably take a serious look at Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract as well. He has a $3m roster bonus plus a base salary of $4.25m. They'd save $7.25m by releasing him, but would have a dead cap hit of $6-8m (depending on the nature of the 2012 option bonus). I think it would be worth it. They might also be able to renegotiate his base salary and roster bonuses moving forward.

Rex Ryan -- I suspect a complete housecleaning for the Jets. Ryan and Tannenbaum will be gone, I think. A loss this week probably kills any chance of making the playoffs.

Ron Rivera -- Depends on the new GM. I could see him surviving for another season, but the odds are probably not in his favor.

I think you might add Mike Mularkey to this list. And depending on how they finish, Ken Whisenhunt. The Cardinals have lost six in a row.

• 1 month later...
Andy Reid

Norv Turner

Jason Garret

Romeo Crennel

Chan Gailey

Rex Ryan

Ron Rivera

still feel fairly confident with this list, however based on recent news, add the Pat Shurmer to the list. Perhaps take off Garret/Riveria

Garrett is staying and I am confident in Rivera staying. 7 loses by 6 or less points, and the Panthers have been improving a bit. If they fire him, it's a huge mistake. You can't hire someone and then fire them after only 2 seasons. Bill Walsh didn't do anything in his first 2 years. it takes time, but the NFL today they have little patience.

With that said, I still think Pat Shurmer has to go. The Browns are a mess. He was NOT ready to be a head coach, they hired him based on 1 season with coordinating Sam Bradford and that was it.

Out of that list I'd only go with Norv Turner with Rex Ryan, A couple of the other such as Crennel and Reid have legit reasons why there team blew it big this year

Andy Reid-No way can anyone win with Vick, He simply is not Franchise QB material, never was and never will be, No. 1 WR and franchise LT went down and Mccoy for 4 games, sorry folks thats a no win situation

Crennel-Alot of the same circumstances, Bowe went down, Cassel went down (again, thats where a change is needed, he has been decent, just cant stay healthy)

Dont know why Garrett is on the list. Cowboys need better O Linemen more then they do HC also Bill Callahan would be gone before Garrett in my opinion

I agree that it takes time.    If I were an owner, I'd give my guy a longer leash than most.

That said....

Guys like this Pagano/Arians tandem in Indy show how the turnaround can happen swiftly and they raise the bar for everyone else. Other owners see what Irsay and Grigson have done here and wonder why it's not being done with their franchise??

Nice for we Colt's fans....     not so nice for fans and front office everywhere else!