Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Those of you who turned the game off and more...

Indyfan4life

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And as fans its our job to support our team til the end. It doesn't matter if you're in the stands or on your couch.

LOL! I didn't know it was our job to anything. We're not interviewed or vetted before we become fans so we pretty much do what we want. Fans also come and go and are fans any of a number of different reasons. I didn't change the channel and I wasn't really that upset about the game because I expected a butt whippin. Because I knew we were over-matched, does that make me less of a fan?

Oh god, the "real fans" argument again. I watched until the end getting more and more pale and agitated but does that make me a "better fan" than someone who couldn't take it? No, of course not. Stop the sanctimonious rubbish.

LOL! I didn't know it was our job to anything. We're not interviewed or vetted before we become fans so we pretty much do what we want. Fans also come and go and are fans any of a number of different reasons. I didn't change the channel and I wasn't really that upset about the game because I expected a butt whippin. Because I knew we were over-matched, does that make me less of a fan?

By being real fans, I feel that were obligated to support our team. Just like i feel that by living in america, we should always support our country. Forgive me.

Here was the measuring stick.

We didn't measure up.

The forced throws I've been seeing over the last few weeks - against bad teams, that have been dropped or were brought back due to penalty - ended up as picks today.

Painter/Orlovsky didn't do any worse quite honestly.

Sadly, our running game looked great and we stopped the run fairly well for a bit.

I definitely feel like we went away from the running game way too early.

Go watch another team play. I may of been upset at the end result, but this team is FULL of rookies and I'm darn proud of what they did. Would I of liked them to play better? Of course. Was I expecting a win? Not at all. I would of liked it to happen, but I didn't expect it at all.

These are kids fresh out of college going against guy's that have been doing this for years. Cheer up. The season isn't over by any means, and we still have 6 more weeks of football. We can easily go 4-2 or 5-1 in these next set of games. Manning didn't beat Brady this season either, and guess what? Denver's season ISN'T OVER.

If you wanna proclaim the sky is falling and that we're terrible, then go root for another team.

The TRUE and REAL fans will still be here supporting the Colts each week, and I darn sure know I'll be wearing my Luck jersey all the time. Win or lose, I'm here. :blueshoe:

So because the game was out of hand and it was time to sing happily birthday to my daughter and i turned the game office rather than pause, like i would have if it was close, i am not a true fan?

How about you worry about you and not so much everyone else. Those who need to say they are TRUE and REAL usually are trying to cover up.

By being real fans, I feel that were obligated to support our team. Just like i feel that by living in america, we should always support our country. Forgive me.

Way to take it to the extreme. So living in America means that you support everything 100% that America does?

Living in America and being a fan of a team have absolutely nothing in common.

So because the game was out of hand and it was time to sing happily birthday to my daughter and i turned the game office rather than pause, like i would have if it was close, i am not a true fan?

How about you worry about you and not so much everyone else. Those who need to say they are TRUE and REAL usually are trying to cover up.

I'm just saying, its different if you have something like your daughters birthday going on. That's far more important then the colts

Way to take it to the extreme. So living in America means that you support everything 100% that America does?

Living in America and being a fan of a team have absolutely nothing in common.

Just saying, its similar. Maybe the team is the u.s. armed services. Pick your team- army, navy, air force, marines...

I never said "you don't deserve to be a fan" I simply said if you do nothing but complain, or want to act as if we're finished after a loss to a Super Bowl team, then go root for someone else. There are plenty of fans who will root and stick around until the end for this team. I'm not opposed to other opinions, but if someone can't handle the truth then maybe they shouldn't be on this forum. I'm more surprised at the negativity that comes with someone speaking the truth than anything. I suppose perception is in the eye of the beholder. My eyes see different than some I guess.

I agree with the part in bold. Yet

Go watch another team play.

If you wanna proclaim the sky is falling and that we're terrible, then go root for another team.

Is the same as saying you don't deserve to be here. If you disagree with this interpretation, let's just end it here. Life is too short.

I'm sure they would appreciate it if you supported the team till the final whistle. So yeah, I do

If I hadn't created my post saying I didn't watch them in the last 10 minutes, by what magical forces would you imagine they'd get to know that I turned off my TV?

The forced throws I've been seeing over the last few weeks - against bad teams, that have been dropped or were brought back due to penalty - ended up as picks today.

lol. Umm there is no way on this earth Painter or Orvlosky are making half the throws Luck is being asked to make on a consistent basis. In fact there are probably several veteran starting QBs in this league who arent.

You also seem to have completely erased Peyton Manning's rookie season, much less his first 3 seasons, out of your brain too. This type of game was Peyton Manning to a T as a young QB. Manning, like Luck now, wasnt pretty much thrown into the fire and would show moments of brilliance followed by moments of horrible decision making.

Were young. Our Young QB made some horrible passes and our defense stunk. We were a bad team last year. Its hard to expect a SB contender the first year into a rebuild.

I agree with the part in bold. Yet

Is the same as saying you don't deserve to be here. If you disagree with this interpretation, let's just end it here. Life is too short.

If I hadn't created my post saying I didn't watch them in the last 10 minutes, by what magical forces would you imagine they'd get to know that I turned off my TV?

No one said anything about them knowing, I'm just sure they would appreciate a heck of a lot more

Wow...Its mass chaos in here, people gettin' "called out" blows being traded, its getting extreme.......someone call in Hochuli!!! Even me as a professional armchair ref would call this thread Unsportsman like conduct. Therefore any negative and condescending comments are officially ejected from the board. I for one only know true blue Colts fans on this board. Blue we are united!

lol. Umm there is no way on this earth Painter or Orvlosky are making half the throws Luck is being asked to make on a consistent basis. In fact there are probably several veteran starting QBs in this league who arent.

You also seem to have completely erased Peyton Manning's rookie season, much less his first 3 seasons, out of your brain too. This type of game was Peyton Manning to a T as a young QB. Manning, like Luck now, wasnt pretty much thrown into the fire and would show moments of brilliance followed by moments of horrible decision making.

Were young. Our Young QB made some horrible passes and our defense stunk. We were a bad team last year. Its hard to expect a SB contender the first year into a rebuild.

\

thats the first thing I noticed about Luck.

Here was the measuring stick.

We didn't measure up.

Painter/Orlovsky didn't do any worse quite honestly.

Sadly, our running game looked great and we stopped the run fairly well for a bit.

So was that punt return on luck also? Or the fact our pass d was horrible and we couldn't stop brandy. Luck made plenty mistakes but lets not throw luck under the bus here bud

So I guess fans that get to the game 5 minutes late or fans that leave in the middle of the game to get a beer aren't real fans either?

People who try to judge other people's fandom are ridiculous.

Seriously! I must be a bandwagon, cause I decided to clean the garage and have the TV on in the background. Excuse me for multi-tasking....

Some colts fans can't wait to see luck play bad to call him out. But they don't mention the rest of the team who was a complete embarrassment. Peytonites, mount up!

Isnt this against the rules to call out someone's fanhood...

I watched the game until the end, but you shouldn't get upset and call people out if they want to close the TV with 2 minutes left and down by 35. You're no a better Colts fan than anyone on this board. There aren't bigger fans, because we're all equal.

I hated watching Brady and comrades laughing it up on the bench talking about how they were disecting and de-fleecing our awful defense, embarassing to say the least. ,,, it was like kids in a candy store determining what they were going to eat next. Disgusting. Made me want to puke.

You're completely missing my point. What I meant was, if for some reason they did know, they would appreciate it

You cannot appreciate something you have no knowledge about.

What the team is able to appreciate, is the fact that people appreciate them. They may also appreciate the fact that people come to watch them play and root for them while they're doing it, as this elicits an emotional response for the players.

But what this appreciation comes down to is basically emotional attachment. The team care that you care - they wouldn't be there if we didn't.

Just for the sake of trolling you further. I'm a bigger fan than you who watched the entire game, because I got so sad watching my beloved Colts get crushed by our arch-rivals and I simply couldn't take it anymore. That is true emotional attachment. I could simply not watch my beloved team get hurt, so I had to let go. It reminds me a bit of the mother from the bible who had to let go of her child, while fighting another woman for it, because she simply could not watch her child in pain.

My fandom just reached biblical proportions. I deserve an award for fan of the year.

Oh, I guess supporting them until the end is a waste of time. Get over YOURSELF and don't chastise me for calling someone out. I managed to catch up on laundry and do some dishes, but I STILL had the game on and watched it until the last play.

Don't be a jerk because I made a valid point.

How about not being a jerk when you try to make a valid point? Just a thought. ;)

If you call people out in general by saying they don't deserve to be fans of the team they support and are emotionally attached to... This is what you should expect. I don't understand how it could come as a surprise.

People are not "whining". They're just opposing your view points. If you can't take critique to your opinions, then maybe a discussion forum is not for you.

Well said!

seriously? You are comparing a FAN and a PLAYER/COACH and what their requirements should be??

They are PAID to be there....if the Colts want to pay me a 6 figure salary to stand on the sidelines, I'll be there from start to finish too....

Was going to say essentially the same thing. Well said :)

I never said "you don't deserve to be a fan" I simply said if you do nothing but complain, or want to act as if we're finished after a loss to a Super Bowl team, then go root for someone else. There are plenty of fans who will root and stick around until the end for this team. I'm not opposed to other opinions, but if someone can't handle the truth then maybe they shouldn't be on this forum. I'm more surprised at the negativity that comes with someone speaking the truth than anything. I suppose perception is in the eye of the beholder. My eyes see different than some I guess.

I dont' think the negativity came from what you perceive as the truth. The negativity came due to the way you chose to express your truth.

Isnt this against the rules to call out someone's fanhood...

I watched the game until the end, but you shouldn't get upset and call people out if they want to close the TV with 2 minutes left and down by 35. You're no a better Colts fan than anyone on this board. There aren't bigger fans, because we're all equal.

Yes it is and hopefully it's just a matter of time before this thread is addressed. I agree with the rest of your post as well.

Some of you are just way too emotional. I saw what we were before the game. I predicted what would happen if we lost the turnover battle (not hard since we are worst at takeaways and Pats one of the tops). It became worse than I even thought. So I'm bad and not a True Colts Fan because I was realistic and didn't believe we would win before we played, and when it appears I was more than right during the game, I am even worse because I switched over to watch Peyton Manning defeat the Chargers a lot more often than I'd hoped I'd be able or willing to?

Whatever...

(taking notes on peoples positions reported here...)

We are who we thought we were, a young team that sorely lacks talent in key areas, namely O Line and Corner, I thought this game had a chance to get ugly just based on Cassius Vaughn starting alone was enough to think that. Bottom line, were 6-4, this was an embarrassing loss but had a very high potential for happening, time to regroup and move on to the next game while correcting things as much as we can

I am a die hard fan, but I must say I was one who flipped the channel in frustration. I could not stomach watching that pathetic play. I think that we really found out that our record isn't as good as it looks after running into that buzz saw. They (Colts)looked great their first twelve or fifteen scripted plays, but it didn't take long for the Pats to figure us out. After a performance like that the Colts should be embarrassed.